Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,910 members, 7,949,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 08:22 PM

Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! (13277 Views)

Poll: Do you support this arrest?

Yes: 61% (81 votes)
No: 38% (51 votes)
This poll has ended

Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Addressing Panel At Stock Market Probe - Live / Okereke-Onyuike Was Sacked For Spending ₦186m On Rolex Watches - Arunma Oteh / Court Nullifies Removal Of Ndi Okereke-Onyuike, Awards Her N500m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by tijehi(f): 9:20am On Aug 21, 2008
@ bashali,

Are you trying to start a jihad on this forum? Whats with your Arewa? and replacing Ndi-okereke with a Northerner at the exchange? Why not just make the Northerners head of all government establishments in the country, even in states outside the nothern region. I know you will be fulfilled.
You are so dumb. if u do not have any inteligent thing to say as it concerns the discuss on ground, kindly vacate the forum. ODE.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by ausbones(m): 9:39am On Aug 21, 2008
I quite agree with some of the post. I think it's an issue of hanging a dog, any rope will do. A lot of people have been looking for an opportunity to hang her for several reasons best known to them and now is the time. She may have made mistake but may have sincere intentions. i do not support the arrest ( if its just to question her its OK) I dont see any reason why she should be detained unless they come out with reasons other than this. From what i read from the papers no one was forced to give. in my candid opinion she could have raised such money to help the poor or invest in one noble project to alleviate poverty but she had her own priority. I pray the truth comes out and all the guilty ones are brought to book. I wish her Justice. On the path of Justice Nairalanders.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by PIZZY: 9:43am On Aug 21, 2008
WALAHI, OUR PEOPLE WOULD ARREST ALL OF YOU SOUTHERNER, IF YOU OPPOSITE US. WE ARRESTED BODE GEORGE, WE ARREST IYABO, KANU , IBORI,  LET ANY OF YOUR PEOPLE TALK AGAIN. HE WOULD DIE IN JAIL,  WALAHI,  I LOVE THIS YAR ADUA,  ARREST THEM AND DECLEAR AREWA WHAT CAN THEY DO,
Bashali, I think you will be next person to be arrested or kidnapped if you just dont mind your business or what you say.

Why do you insult people from the south & west. Is that how people from the North behave?

We just need a sane & corruption - free Nigeria. THAT'S ALL.

tijehi,
That was a good one, we dont want such people here. God bless you jare.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by nzeaji(m): 9:47am On Aug 21, 2008
@funmi.o
Gbam!!! My dear, you too much. You just hit the nail on the head. Don't mind that ewu ndi aboki called bashali who has no businness being here. kiss smiley
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by Pennywise(m): 9:57am On Aug 21, 2008
Emma GSM:

d woman have not commite any ECONOMICAL CRIME ,

You are wrong. This is a self evident case of obtaining money under false pretense (419) if it goes on trial. However it is

doubtful if the Obama issue is the sole reason SEC petitioned EFCC. There has been sth of a cold war b/w SEC and the

NSE over the way Onyiuke has been nursing her sick baby.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 21, 2008
bashali is just an attention seeking retard, am not to sure he is a genuine northerner. let just take him as the joker on this thread.

@topic

Something is definetly wrong somewhere with this woman!.

Once the hawks in the Mcain camp get hold of this type of information, they will use it somehow to undermine obama's chances.  

For sure, she has set up herself for roasting.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by remmy007(m): 10:03am On Aug 21, 2008
i am really delighted to hear this news,its simply means that the EFCC is more fearless than ever before.
as for this woman, this is beyond a case of misplaced priority,there must definitely a conceited criminal intent,conspiracy to defraud and malicious abuse of her office.

do you all ever sit down to wonder why for months the capital market is in a bearish run beyond all technical or fundamental analysis,there are even suggestions that the market is heading for a crash  sad sad

This is the the same woman who led the failed obasanjo's unfathomable and corrupt third term desire campaign against the wish of nigerian, how about the tanscorp issue and many others.  cry cry cry

This supposedly enlightened woman has failed her constituency in particular and the entire country in general,its a good thing that she is facing the law at this point,hopeful she and her co-conspirator will deservedly ENJOY the wrathful anger of the law.

EFCC I HAIL THEE !!!
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by Xtremeshok: 10:06am On Aug 21, 2008
This is a case of attempted money laundry, it is very possible that the whole fund raising thing was a scheme to launder funds by Ndi
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 21, 2008
@ bashali, i can't believe there are people like you on this forum.what a contribution! anyway, i'm so disappointed in mrs onyuike for grossly embarrassing the entire citenzenry of our dear nation.when i saw the ad in the newspapers i was infriruited that someone like her could call for such a fund raising ceremony.what is our business with America? it's a good thing that Obama is making Africa proud,but what is our own business trying to raise fund for him? many graduates are unemployed, people are homeless and hungry, niger/delta people are suffering and crying for help,they are shamelessly raising funds for Obama! I support her arrest and prosecution,sincere intentions or not, her action was foolhardy. Who knows if she has other skeletons in her cupboard, EFCC would find out. angry
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by Kashif(m): 10:34am On Aug 21, 2008
In as much as her 'support for Obama' is misplaced, I dont see any reason she should be arrested. Moreover, it was Festus Keyamo that petitioned the EFCC and Ndi was called in for questioning. I have not read where it was reported that she was "arrested and detained".

Nobody was coerced into paying for the dinner. There was no false pretense either. The intent was clearly labelled from the onset so, anybody who paid knew what he was paying for. The funds might not reach Obama because some obvious reasons (It may somehow trickle to him anyways) but, it was for his campaign and that was that. There have been other dinners with 7 digit tag!
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by oluwdashmi(f): 10:41am On Aug 21, 2008
@ all

yet to see a fool like this mallam (basali)

@ basali

It is so clear that you are a mallam with your contribution of goro kolanut when people are talking pounded yam. And you claim to be knowledgeable.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by SamMilla1(m): 10:42am On Aug 21, 2008
What exactly are people saying here?

Is this a case of the Godfather and the ordinary people.
I have not heard that EFCC arrested the likes of BABANGIDA AND ABUBAKAR.
Whom we are all sure stole our money.

Whats wrong in fund raising?
is it illegal? I dont think so cos it happens everywhere in the world.

Or is it because he is not from the north?
They will soon arrest SOLUDO too.
They should leave this woman alone and face OBASANJO AND ATIKU FIRST.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by Emperoh(m): 10:44am On Aug 21, 2008
ausbones:

I quite agree with some of the post. I think it's an issue of hanging a dog, any rope will do. A lot of people have been looking for an opportunity to hang her for several reasons best known to them and now is the time. She may have made mistake but may have sincere intentions. i do not support the arrest ( if its just to question her its OK) I don't see any reason why she should be detained unless they come out with reasons other than this. From what i read from the papers no one was forced to give. in my candid opinion she could have raised such money to help the poor or invest in one noble project to alleviate poverty but she had her own priority. I pray the truth comes out and all the guilty ones are brought to book. I wish her Justice. On the path of Justice Nairalanders.
Ndi Okereke Onyiuke has a case to answer
Its a crime in Nigeria criminal code laws
To raise funds for personal reasons using the influence of her office
This is what she did exactly. Mind you Obj has a case to nswer over his 2billion Library
So she has just given them a reason to hang her. She played into their hands. . . . . .
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by cicero(m): 10:45am On Aug 21, 2008
The has no business with raising funds or even awareness for Obama. That is not Nigeria's problem. Like someone rightly pointed out she could have spent the time and money on some project that would benefit the poor in Nigeria instead of some American who already has all the help he needs.

Her actions showcases the Nigerian problem - people in leadership positions that have only led majority of our people into more poverty, crime and utter hopelessness. She didn't goof, she was only being true to the insensitive and non challant culture of the Nigerian leadership.

On the other hand, I don't care whether Obama wins or not as the outcome of the election will have little or no effect on the Nigerian dilemma. I don't even have that much respect for African Americans, in all the years I have been visiting America I have suffered more humiliation in the hands of African Americans than Whites.

EFFC should find out the purpose of that fundraiser as it relates to motive and intent.
So shall all of them who have done more harm to Nigeria more than the white man be exposed and given a dose of the pain suffered by majority of Nigerians.
Ride on Waziri, your time shall come too.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by ausbones(m): 10:52am On Aug 21, 2008
I remember reading the rules before becoming a member of this site. they sounded good and looked like a check. some people are getting out of hand. the cannt air their views without ( breaking the rules) is this just another nigeria thing where we have rules nd dont keep to them. I agree with with the contributor that the moderator starts disciplinary measures to offending members. However some of u guys really make a lot of sense. Keep It real
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by xyoun: 10:59am On Aug 21, 2008
i think this Madam okereke is trying to SCAM her own People,
abi Abi she thinks say we be MUMU
How can somebody<A WOMAN FOR THAT MATTER> raise about 2BILLION naira only for the BAR to disapper into SPACE.

That LADY should be EXECUTED for misplacing her priority<Imagine the Naija Stock Market Falling>

Ndi igbo,biko were wayo grin grin shocked sad
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 21, 2008
honestly, this bashali is senseless.what is he doing on this forum? He is just a a true replica of his people.Northerners mumu no be small.most of them are so crude and unexposed.they follow their leaders like the cows they rear.they are so unintelligent,they lack the common sense to know when things are done right or wrongly.imagine him talking of 'arrests' as if say na pure water.no be this naija we dey wey him political godfather,obasanjo, a southerner dey say election na do or die, abi no be say dem rig the election before common Yar'a dua fit become presido? walahi, this guy dey vex me. angry  i'm sure he has mouth diahorrea.SHIO, OLODO RABATA, a beg, commot for nairaland before you go get river blindness like your goro-mouthed ancestors.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by xyoun: 11:09am On Aug 21, 2008
cicero:

The has no business with raising funds or even awareness for Obama. That is not Nigeria's problem. Like someone rightly pointed out she could have spent the time and money on some project that would benefit the poor in Nigeria instead of some American who already has all the help he needs.

Her actions showcases the Nigerian problem - people in leadership positions that have only led majority of our people into more poverty, crime and utter hopelessness. She didn't goof, she was only being true to the insensitive and non challant culture of the Nigerian leadership.

On the other hand, I don't care whether Obama wins or not as the outcome of the election will have little or no effect on the Nigerian dilemma. I don't even have that much respect for African Americans, in all the years I have been visiting America I have suffered more humiliation in the hands of African Americans than Whites.

EFFC should find out the purpose of that fundraiser as it relates to motive and intent.
So shall all of them who have done more harm to Nigeria more than the white man be exposed and given a dose of the pain suffered by majority of Nigerians.
Ride on Waziri, your time shall come too.

Ya Cicero, you are spot on for that statement,
culdnt have said it better.
it only shows the wrong mentality of some of our leaders.
OUR LEADERS LIKE TO DEY DO BOI BOI FOR THOSE DEVELOPED COUNTRIES
MY VERDICT AND WISH ON THE MATTER

MADAM NDI sentenced to 10years in PRISON on the charge of Misplaced functions according to the 1991 constitution,sub section 14,article 5 and i quote

sad angry sad angry sad angry
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by stanloski(m): 11:11am On Aug 21, 2008
NOW HEAR THIS!

Onyuike Claims the fundraiser was not aimed at funding Obama's campaign but to "raise awareness" undecided? Look lets stop this typical Nigerian culture of blowing up dust and diverting attention from core issues. The question is simple: WHAT ARE THOSE FUNDS MEANT FOR? If US law forbids foreign donations (even Americans are limited to $2,300, the woman raised $1million!) what "awareness" does she want to raise? for who? will africans vote in the election? can she raise more awareness than what Obama's superb campaign and the US media are doing?

The woman is just a 419er. She has been mis-behaving for a loong time and she gets too involved in politics considering her sensitive position. Like it or not the woman is corrupt and this time Festus Keyamo did us all a favour by writing a petition to EFCC. Meanwhile lets not forget that Obama has already disowned her and her dubious organisation. Lets stop this habit of supporting wrong based on tribe, religion or any other rubbish! WHAT IS WRONG IS WRONG JARE. Pls excuse my language.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by wyt(m): 11:13am On Aug 21, 2008
i don't really think it is right for EFCC to arest her, hence it is not an economic crime to
raise fund, if Ubama refuse to accept the pay, it doesn't mean that "Mummy"
of the capital mkt is wrong. EFCC should have wrote her for explainations or probably
refund it to the sources. i don't know the intents but i'm sure she is not
fruandic but may have future intrest from US if Ubama make it to white house.
think of the effect of this to Nigeria if Ubama had retified the fund. from the source
of the petition, i can understand it is a SEC move to trap her. there has being a
cold war between El-Faarki and onyuike. Frankly speaking, SEC has being seeking for
way to do away with her, it is an ACCUMMULATED GRIVIANCE, if only those in cap.
mkt can say someyhing here u will agree with me.
but for sure WAziri is trading on Lions den. i pray her well that her contractor wil not
forsake her when the trend moves against her(Waziri)
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by xyoun: 11:14am On Aug 21, 2008
@ bashalli,

who da Bleep do yo think u are,
dont you know that YOU NORTHERNERS are the one drawing us back.

Without dis[b] NORTHERNERS [/b] ,Naija would have become one of the G8 countries in the world.

i hate you people.
Bleep up[b] NORTHERNERS[/b]
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by LadyT(f): 11:16am On Aug 21, 2008
I'm sorry don't we have people starving and homeless don't we have unemployed?  Dont many villages lack running water?

Yet people went to a party to help raise money for a non nigerian who does not give a damn about Nigeria?

WOW.

Shes not to blame at all but the idiots who paid to go to this useless event
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by freeranger(m): 11:31am On Aug 21, 2008
In as much as i don't agree with some of the activities of the EFCC,
questioning this woman may be a step in the right direction.
This is not the first time she is carrying out a jamboree,
The other time it was NSE road shows in London and NewYork sensitising white men about our new found economical growth, I wonder how the white man will laugh when they hear of another black foolly,
This time its gathering money for a man who has spent more than your country's annual budget.
Methinks all those that contributed to this jamboree should equally be invited and questioned by the EFCC.

Rather than help our own SLEEPING GOVERNMENT to raise the living standard of the poor, i believe there are better
ways to spend the money, like
BURNING it

GOD HELP NIGERIA,
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by xyoung: 11:46am On Aug 21, 2008
make it rain
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by alohs(m): 11:53am On Aug 21, 2008
to think that u could be this loopsided in ur judgement and opinion leaves little to our readers imagination.what has clamour for Arewa liberation got to do with the issue on the fore?i want to believe that what you simply want from posters are nothing but a backlash for ur backward thinking.pls if you have got nothing to say- pls shut ur trap and get missing scumbag! grin
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 21, 2008
@ all,

i know how you feel about this bashali guy, but then, lets stop this northerner bashing stuff. IT HAS NEVER HELP. Let the Madam tell the EFCC all she knows about her fund-raising stealing activity
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 21, 2008
@everyone replying bashalli, guy is not a Northerner and it's quite obvious in his posts! He's just an attention seeking controversialist. Ignore him.

Xtremeshok:

This is a case of attempted money laundry, it is very possible that the whole fund raising thing was a scheme to launder funds by Ndi
How is it a case of money laundering? Was the said money obtained illegally? Fundraising for whatever purpose is not yet classified under economic crime, until then, the action of EFCC is uncalled for! She prolly deserves to be punished(for embarrassing us), but not by EFCC.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by carmelily: 12:20pm On Aug 21, 2008
I really wonder why she thinks it's her duty to raise funds for Obama? She feels no sense of obligation to raise money to combat the suffering of her fellow Nigerians. She doesn't see the need in exerting her energies in putting Transcorp or the NSE on the right track? Sometimes i wonder why we have sawdust-brained people in places of authority. I wonder how any right-thinking person would support her in her "fundraising" scam and try to whip up tribalistic sentiments in this. it's not a tribal vendetta the EFCC is on, we Nigerians should try to shake off our complacency and see corruption for what it is - an aberration. Shame on Ms. Okereke.
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by stanloski(m): 12:34pm On Aug 21, 2008
@ carmelily

girl feel u! enuf suffering and poverty. rather than using her office to help pple she embarked on attention seeking venture there must be some fraud involved we just dont see it from where we stand
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by gentlegg(m): 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2008
Whether her fundraising is bad or not, am just neutral to that.

But I will never heartily support EFCC arrests again until they arrest and prosecute Obasanjo and cohorts
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2008
carmelily:

I wonder how any right-thinking person would support her in her "fundraising" scam and try to whip up tribalistic sentiments in this.
I don't think anyone is supporting her action  
Her action is not noble--agreed
EFCC's action is uncalled for--yes!
Re: Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! by stanloski(m): 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2008
Candy, EFCC arrested her based on a PETITION filed by a Lagos lawyer, that was the basis for her "invitation" EFCC this not just move on their own. Their action is perfectly legal and in order. They are bound by law to look into any and all petitions to see if there is substance.

Please lets get full info before we launch our missiles grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect / FG, States, LGs Share N510bn For August As Revenues Ramp Up / We Shall Rebuild The Destroyed Places Of Worship Affected Since 2011- El Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.