Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,632 members, 7,918,038 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 09:08 PM

Pompey Stops Kanu's Plan To Be In Olympics Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pompey Stops Kanu's Plan To Be In Olympics Final (664 Views)

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 / Nigeria Awarded Gold Medal In Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pompey Stops Kanu's Plan To Be In Olympics Final by smile4kenn(m): 10:09am On Aug 21, 2008
Nwankwo Kanu’s request to attend the Olympic Games in Beijing to support Nigeria‘s Under-23 squad was turned down by Portsmouth.

The 32 year old led the team to gold at the 1996 Games in Atlanta and intends to appeal against the decision.

“I want to travel to China to cheer the boys and I told my club but they don’t want to let me go,” he told www.kickoffnigeria.com

“When I first asked, they said the team was not in the final.

“I told them that I knew the boys would make it to the final because I believe in them. Now that they have done it, I will speak to them again and hopefully, I can still make it to China.”

Nigeria faces a tough match in the final against Argentina on Saturday.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200808212171146
Re: Pompey Stops Kanu's Plan To Be In Olympics Final by Mustay(m): 10:13am On Aug 21, 2008
I don't like how PUNCH reports these days on their sports

(1) (Reply)

2008 Olympics In China: Your Final Thoughts / Super Eagles Players Delayed At South African Airport / Ezeugo Resigns As Coach Of India's Churchill Brothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.