Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,034 members, 7,949,520 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:08 PM

Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? (20623 Views)

In Memory Only (Romance) / Addicted To Romance Novels? / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by Classigal(f): 7:33pm On Aug 25, 2008
I used to jack those things more than I did my school books but gettn a job has changed it all. I cant say it opened my eyes to what happens in the real world, it gives one high expectations and then back to reality u find out that guys can not even do half of what Mr Knight did in that novel. smiley
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2008
It was all about the sex for me.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by maybelle: 9:29pm On Aug 25, 2008
What kind of novel do you expect them to read. We women don't like war, western, action and that sort. You say fantasies in romance are not real. War, western etc, are not real to your environs.
Romance is real.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by royalicon(m): 11:34pm On Aug 25, 2008
Ladies in da house, SPEAK OUT
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by kheme(m): 8:23am On Aug 26, 2008
@ Topic
who knows. . . trying to understand the workings of a woman's mind is like trying to navigate through Mars on a wheelbarrow. Undecided

i second that! even women don't understand women!
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by spikedcylinder: 9:46am On Aug 26, 2008
Romance novels? Inyama !!! ! undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by scottN(m): 9:56am On Aug 26, 2008
The main reason why ladies read romantic novels is because in real life, potentially and romantic men and eligible bachelors are becoming harder to find these days. Also the criteria that was used in those days to determine such category of men/bachelor in this age of ours is no longer valid or rather outdated . This makes most ladies look in the wrong places only 2 end up not finding what they r looking for and then find solace in reading those romantic write ups.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by carmelily: 10:26am On Aug 26, 2008
i really wonder what this topic is doing on Home Page undecided
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by Jaguar1(m): 10:30am On Aug 26, 2008
Hey carmeliliy, long time no hear. Hope u know who. Will send u a mail now.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by Scopium: 11:09am On Aug 26, 2008
carmelily:

i really wonder what this topic is doing on Home Page undecided

[size=13pt]I wonder o[/size]
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by habumaks(m): 11:26am On Aug 26, 2008
i really wonder what this topic is doing on Home Page

The reason is we want to know why (most) ladies like reading Romantic Novels gbam!!
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by ebygg: 11:55am On Aug 26, 2008
Ladies like Romance novels, love films, that most times they dont put into practice?
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by okomogo(m): 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2008
@TRENDY, Wats ut where are u in PH.i,m at Rumuigbo,08032685727.my name is Timothy
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by carmelily: 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2008
Jaguar1:

Hey carmeliliy, long time no hear. Hope u know who. Will send u a mail now.

of course, i know who grin my best buddy from ALCATRAZ. how's the Rock treatin' ya? smiley
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by carmelily: 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2008
habumaks:

The reason is we want to know why (most) ladies like reading Romantic Novels gbam!!

"most" ladies don't read romance novels, because most ladies don't read as a hobby at all (sadly). I love to read novels, and i love ROMANTIC novels, not ROMANCE novels. Mr. Habumaks, note the difference. ROMANCE novels are infantile and silly at best.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by xyoun: 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2008
Girls can deceive themselves,they read enough but find it difficult to Practicalize it.

Remember ACTION Speaks louder than ,
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by oritameta(m): 3:39pm On Aug 26, 2008
To achieve in the dream land of fantasy what the storm of reality deprives them.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by eudio(f): 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2008
WHT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO READ BEFORE, ALI BABA AND THE FORTY THIEVES. grin
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by eudio(f): 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2008
wht are we supposed to read before,  ali baba and the forty thieves? ;d
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by lwise(m): 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2008
reading romantic novels is like living in fantasy island in the dream.when you wake up all is gone.
ladies novel is at times very far from reality.
dont be decieved.
shocked
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by charlisco(m): 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2008
Right from Secondary school days, i always see romance novel in the hands of the female, even my younger sister is nt an exception from it, they jst love reading it. i wonder! expecting us to emulate such character in the novel. i also get to understand that women love reading alot.

Abeg mke una read, because a girl i was going out a certian period of time was not romantic, i get 2understand that she does not hv the opportunity to read romantic novel.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by Woodpecker(m): 11:19pm On Aug 26, 2008
[color=#550000][/color][/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode] i thaink God for giving us the initiative 2 start this thread oh, my sister has been an addict for almost 20yrs. right now i'm currently googling rehabs that handle such cases. i still cant understand how an adult in her right senses will read over 800 romances all with the same damn story line. girl meets guy, girl thinks guy is an a-hole, guy does something nice (i.e. saves her life or gives her a good roll in the hay) then girl falls in love with guy and they live happily ever after. personally i think it makes babes lose touch with reality and creates serious problems 4 guys cos they expect us to act like those impersonal tall, dark and handsome zombies. and they always make the girls look so down to earth and real with their various faults and issues. ok i confess i was also an addict but i've long been delivered. Praise The Lord!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by Seun(m): 11:20pm On Aug 26, 2008
Reading is a good habit. Especially for a Nigerian.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by omoovie(f): 1:56am On Aug 27, 2008
Women are reading romance novels because you guys are not supplying the romance for them in real life! Simple and short. Don't like it? Why not take her to a classy restaurant or surprise her with a bouquet and a boat ride without expecting a guaranteed screwing later on for your efforts? Why not write (or if you can't write, read) poetry to her? How about a foot massage? I'm not even talking about singles now, I'm talking about married couples. Some Naija couples just make me want to cry for them. Such a lack of love and romance it breaks my heart. Then the man will be wondering why his wife treats her hallowed place like a maximum security prison and the wife will be wondering why he's cold.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by iice(f): 2:44am On Aug 27, 2008
It was all about the sex for me.

grin grin Ditto

All i managed to read in high school was mills and boons. People didn't have books to circulate around. Only when lucky do you get to read other types of books.

JKRowlings is the only great female writer? I rest my case grin grin
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by onyinye2(f): 2:49am On Aug 27, 2008
I have always been in love with Romance Novels. When i was younger like when i was in middle school. . . . i read alot of AA romantic novels. Then in highschool i really got into novels by Quentin Carter. Then my sophomore year i started reading Zane books and Around the Way girls. And i have been obsessed ever since.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by Nobody: 3:40am On Aug 27, 2008
iice:

grin grin Ditto

All i managed to read in high school was mills and boons. People didn't have books to circulate around. Only when lucky do you get to read other types of books.

JKRowlings is the only great female writer? I rest my case grin grin

I specifically set for those with hard gruelling sexual illustrations. I hated when at the end they made up because I liked the fights. grin Does anyone think I was interested in reading all those nonsense at the beginning, abeg!!! I used to flip pages to get to what I wanted undecided cheesy
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by onyinye2(f): 3:43am On Aug 27, 2008
stillwater:

I specifically set for those with hard gruelling sexual illustrations. I hated when at the end they made up because I liked the fights. grin Does anyone think I was interested in reading all those nonsense at the beginning, abeg? I used to flip pages to get to what I wanted undecided cheesy
Gurlie. . . . You is a FREAK!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy. But it is understandable. My favorite and all time novels are Zane novels and this one novel called Candylicker. grin
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by Nobody: 3:49am On Aug 27, 2008
Zane, I swear, I see those book around too much! A friend of mines kept trying to read them to me. She's like, you've got to read this, this is this that w/e. Those books were boring!!
I don't know, romance is boring to me, am mor eon the Mystery side wink

Agatha Christie all the way kiss kiss
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by onyinye2(f): 3:54am On Aug 27, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Zane, I swear, I see those book around too much! A friend of mines kept trying to read them to me. She's like, you've got to read this, this is this that w/e. Those books were boring!!
I don't know, romance is boring to me, am mor eon the Mystery side wink

Agatha Christie all the way kiss kiss
WHAT!!! shocked shocked
Zane books are HAUGHT! Esp. Honey Flava, Blackgentlemen.com, Caramel Flava, Sistergirls.com, The Sex Chronicles, Chocolate Flava, the list goes on. . . .
I have been reading these books since i was like 15 y.o. I just go so addicted.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by Nobody: 3:54am On Aug 27, 2008
onyinye2:

Gurlie. . . . You is a FREAK!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy. But it is understandable. My favorite and all time novels are Zane novels and this one novel called Candylicker. grin

You even remember their names? undecided grin I hardly paid attention to the author or title of the book. If I'm done with a romance novel, I'm done with it.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by onyinye2(f): 3:57am On Aug 27, 2008
stillwater:

You even remember their names? undecided grin I hardly pay attention to the author or title of the book. If I'm done with a romance novel, I'm done with it.
Naw. . . . im a romance book fanatic. I have been one since i was like 12. So i read a new novel like every week when i have spare time. So i remember the names and everything. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Nigerian Authors Can Get The Best From Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) / Top 10 Nairaland Stories To Enjoy Over The Weekend / 2015 Writers Pre-collaboration Season 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.