Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,527 members, 7,975,117 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 05:11 PM

Will There Ever Be A Better Olympics? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Will There Ever Be A Better Olympics? (721 Views)

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Nigeria Vs Argentina: Olympics Basketball (79 - 93) On 4th August 2012 / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Will There Ever Be A Better Olympics? by 3470644: 4:56pm On Aug 24, 2008
It was about 12:34PM when I tuned to NTA (The assumed biggest television network in Nigeria and Africa) to witness the closing ceremony of what has been tagged the all-time best Olympic games hosted by mortals, and believe me, I rejoice this day because I was a witness. Now, two questions that are routing my mind remains whether on earth an Olympic that will be closely spectacular as the Beijing Olympics will ever be hosted, and secondly, when in this universe will even the most gigantic of African nations host at least the worst Olympics.

With all due respect I want to enjoin all Nigerians and Africans to work harder rather sit down on sofa to call ourselves big names and fly our shoulders high. There is sincerely no doubt that the Chinese are humans and have endocrine, reproductive, circulatory, gastrointestinal, and a host of other systems which we also have. Their blood is also as red as ours, they do not possess wings, nor do they breath inside water without an aid. We all have to caution ourselves and brace up to the challenges of this world as it goes from molecular to atomic. What are we waiting for… I hope Africa will not be left behind on the day of rapture. Am saying this because with our slow pace, God might decide not to wait for us on the last day. I wonder if any African will make heaven if we continue at this staggering pace.

I would have love to stop here, however, since I am not limited by time or space, I would like someone to explain to me in a simplified manner, the uncanny gesture of kicking a ball into a crowd by David Beckham.
Re: Will There Ever Be A Better Olympics? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2008

(1) (Reply)

What's Happening To All The Big Teams In This World Cup? / Why Nigeria Should Hire Diego Maradona As National Team Coach. / Amos Adamu, A Curse Or Blessing To Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.