Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,186 members, 7,890,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 05:08 AM

Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North (8302 Views)

Amaechi Is Our Member, The Senate Belongs To APC Not PDP – Ndume / ASARI DOKUBO: Take What Belongs To Me & Rule Me? No! (Must-See) / Boko Haram Spokeman - Nigeria Belongs To ALLAH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by DRANOEL(m): 7:26pm On Jul 03, 2006
i thought those things were established so nobody feels cheated,just the way you claim the north has exploited the west
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 03, 2006
DRANOEL:

i thought those things were established so nobody feels cheated,just the way you claim the north has exploited the west

At the expense of merit? Look where JAMB has got us today, in the good old days before JAMB you could apply to as many as 3-4 schools and get selected all based on your school certificate credentials (exactly as is practiced in the US and Europe!), but now to qualify for admission you must pass JAMB and even with a 250 you are not assured of your desired course or school. You could either NOT be given admission (preference given to Educationaly less advanced states!), be given admission into a school as JAMB desires or given a course you do not want! All your life's ambition is in the hands of a tiny cabal called JAMB! If this were the case in foreign countries, foreign students nigerians inclusive would have NO chance at gaining admission!

Federal character? Thanks to that commission, we now have plumbers as ministers while genuine experts are left out because there are "too many yorubas in the cabinet" already.
Just take a look at the national honors list, it has become so "quotarised" or "zoned" that it is now more trying to fulfil state quotas than actually rewarding service to the nation.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by DRANOEL(m): 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2006
talking about yoruba minister`s aye. okay i guess el rufai,ngozi okonjo,obi ezekwesili,nenadi usman are all yoruba grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2006
DRANOEL:

talking about yoruba minister`s aye. okay i guess el rufai,ngozi okonjo,obi ezekwesili,nenadi usman are all yoruba grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Minus Ezekwesili and okonjo-iweala, what are the credentials of the others that qualifies them for their positions? An architect as head of BPE? only in nigeria!
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by DRANOEL(m): 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2006
harvad graduate(el rufai)
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 03, 2006
DRANOEL:

harvad graduate(el rufai)

Is that all? Even nonentities like Hafsat Abiola graduated from Harvad!
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by DRANOEL(m): 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2006
he`s good at the job tongue
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2006
DRANOEL:

he`s good at the job tongue

I can not agree more! With the bungling of NITEL's sale, paying N2m monthly salary to a youth corp member, buldozing everything in Abuja.

Can't see who's better at that job!
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by otokx(m): 8:26pm On Jul 03, 2006
what is going on here?
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Johnny(m): 12:00pm On Jul 06, 2006
Hi friends, lets sheath our swords and forge ahead. with or without oil, we are one Nigeria. Oil in Nigeria belongs to Nigerians, lets use it to develop our dear nation. I love you all.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Johnny(m): 12:06pm On Jul 06, 2006
Hi friends, lets sheath our swords and forge ahead. with or without oil, we are one Nigeria. Oil in Nigeria belongs to Nigerians, lets use it to develop our dear nation. I love you all.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by belloti(m): 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2006
If we are still talking tribal and ethnic politics in fora like this, then Nigeria is doomed. I expect intelligent and unbiased analysis of our country's predicaments and proferring solutions not to sound like agents of APC, OPC, Massobs, Egbe omo oduduwa, and the rest.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2006
belloti:

If we are still talking tribal and ethnic politics in fora like this, then Nigeria is doomed. I expect intelligent and unbiased analysis of our country's predicaments and proferring solutions not to sound like agents of APC, OPC, Massobs, Egbe omo oduduwa, and the rest.

This is ridiculous. Nigeria has been doomed from 1914, it is nothing new! Go to Aso Rock, listen to the statements coming from our hallowed chambers of assembly, watch the statements of our "elder statesmen" and rulers and see if their own discussion is any different. Rather than focus on real developmental issues, everyone is busy struggling to "protect" his/her ethnic interests. The south-south is crying herself hoarse over the 2007 presidency, the north has threatened fire and brimstone if power is not "returned" to them, Baba as usual is busy trying to subvert the constitution to perpetuate himself in power in a true sense of Mugaberianism.
If you dont find "intelligent" and "unbiased" analysis of the country's predicaments here it is because it cant even be found among those to whom we have entrusted the leadership of our nation. without doubt the most important problem in Nigeria today is not corruption but the problem of nationhood! Are we a nation or a conglomeration of ethnic communities coerced to live together irrespective of our glaring differences? Have our so called leaders profered any solution to the crisis at hand? Are they not the problem themselves? who are the subtle hands behind Massob, APC and OPC? Is it not the so-called leaders?

We cannot be profering solutions for ever, the solutions are already there, we are either blind to them or we refuse to take them because they do not in the short term seem to favor certain ethnic interests!
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by otuonye(m): 8:09pm On Mar 11, 2007
That guy needs a psychiatrist. I can get one for him at Rumola, just let the elder brother of Sunny Odogwu [or whatever you call him] give me a call, I can arrange a head doctor for him, because honestly, ara na - agba ya.

In fact, anyone who associates that guy with the Ibos is making a grave mistake. It is either that onye ahu nuru mmanya or ara na - agba ya.

Jojo
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by LePhilippe(m): 8:39pm On Mar 11, 2007
People, I am like WTF? Is this guy ok? These are the people in politics in Nigeria, what a slowpoke!

Cry

=================================================================================

http://odili.net/news/source/2006/jun/26/213.html

“If you have knowledge of geography you’ll know that the resource they are talking about is not coming from them{Niger delta}. It is coming from far North of Africa, it’s a flowing liquid.

“If Northern Nigeria decides to be greedy, they can terminate the resource going to them, by way of cutting it and the flow will stop. So, all the resources that will be flowing to the south by way of crude would be diverted in a well in the North and from there it can be tapped and exported.

--Sunny Okogwu

Omg, gave me such a laugh!!
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by tng(f): 9:12am On Mar 12, 2007
Davidylan is so obsessed with his hatred for the north that even the continuous flooding of the bar beach is because northern legislators are preventing work on it. RIDICULOUS.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by ayomajek(f): 9:38am On Mar 12, 2007
@daviddylan

How dare you mention a completely unrelated person's name in a negative light? If you have beef with someone there is no need to air it in public behind their back. Unless ofcourse you are totally incapable of dealing with them in person.

Mrs Abiola-Costello is a private individual, what gives you the right to go bandying her name about.

Was it your brain she used to study before graduating? Please what school did you go to and did you graduate with any honours? Were you valedictorian? How many honurary degrees do you have? Apart from all the things you post on the web have you ever put your effort and and money where you mouth is and DONE something about the situation in Nigeria?

How are you less of a nonentity than you claim she is?

Sounds like an inferiority complex to me.

In future stick to the thread topic and don't try and drag people's name in the mud. You will not get away with it
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by youngies(m): 4:51pm On Mar 13, 2007
Erm, Sonny Okogwu is from Asaba, which makes him from the South-South geopolitically, and Igbo by ethnicity.

Having pointed that out, I think he is just senile.

Please let us be well informed before making comments on a public domain such as this.  Sunny Okogwu is different from Sunny Odogwu, while the former is politician from southern Kaduna State, the later is a business man from Delta State
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by ishmael(m): 8:25am On Mar 14, 2007
davidylan:

Minus Ezekwesili and okonjo-iweala, what are the credentials of the others that qualifies them for their positions? An architect as head of BPE? only in nigeria!

El-Rufai is a Quantity surveyor and not an Architect.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by donnymikky(m): 1:15pm On Mar 14, 2007
Please let us be well informed before making comments on a public domain such as this. Sunny Okogwu is different from Sunny Odogwu, while the former is politician from southern Kaduna State, the later is a business man from Delta State

Confussion brake bone ye pa!! SUNNY OKOGWU from Southern Kadunaaaa! we will soon have MIKE ADENUGA from Sokoto grin
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by MP007(m): 7:49am On Jul 27, 2007
u lost ur brain?
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by PawPaw3(m): 10:25am On Jul 27, 2007
@youngies

Please let us be well informed before making comments on a public domain such as this. Sunny Okogwu is different from Sunny Odogwu, while the former is politician from southern Kaduna State, the later is a business man from Delta State
When did southern Kaduna people start answering the surname " Odogwu"? Something fishy going on here.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by angel101(f): 11:27am On Jul 27, 2007
youngies:

Both sunny's are of ibo extraction. living in kaduna does not make u a native. wink
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by bingiz: 12:02pm On Aug 27, 2007
Sunny okogwu, u n ur sister in-law zarah don smoke northern hemp.if u n the whole north feel like,become foolish n greedy, cut off the flow of the oil any how u want to.then also cut off the flow of oil u all allowed from kano to libya in northern africa since u know about sharia and groundnut oil flow.

ono must be high of something 2 for saying anioma doesnt have oil.Go and ask NAOC what they have been doing in Kwale,ask shell what they want from Agbor,Nsukwa,Ute,Abavo and Even Ogan.if u no sabi talk, close ur smelling mouth.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by shango(m): 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2007
considering that we got another Northern president due to zoning even though over 90% of our past leaders have been Northerners is testament to Nigerians complacency in improving their situation and the power Northern Nigeria has.

You guys should visit there and see the castles Northern Politicians build amidst the barriness that is the north. Those guys are emulating the Saudis in their disdain for regular folk and their thought that Allah gave them the wealth they spend.

Nigeria's Oil might as well belong to the north. The few people actually doing something about it (Delta militants) are chastized by regular Nigerians as causing instability and so on while these same regular folks stand and watch as the next president is APPOINTED and there vote is tossed in the trash.

And so the cycle continues,
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by DRANOEL(m): 5:38pm On Aug 27, 2007
@shango

so northerners are now state governors in the niger delta abi?
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by NINETOFIVE(m): 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2007
Okongwu 67, who said he had lived all his life in the North also claimed to have been responsible for the creation of most of the South-south states. He also claimed to have been the brain behind the South-south Movement, accusing the present South-south campaigners of bad fate and breakaways from Igbos.

I wonder why people are getting so worked up, the handwriting is clearly written on the wall, while the Sonny Okogwu guy is literally trying to kiss the asses of his inlaws, he is also crabwisely trying to signal the fact that the south south is already dividing along ethnic lines, because there is a notion that the Ijaws has a different agenda all together, the Igbo speaking people in the south south knows that they are at the brink of getting a raw deal, so they don't want to be part of it, though this man is going about it entirely the wrong way.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by vigasimple(m): 9:11pm On Aug 27, 2007
BLUE2 has made most intelligent contribution to this thread from an expert point of view. I say thank you to him. These are the pertinet information that matters, not that of dubious semi illiteriate who just want to casue discord among the people.

The thread is about a statement alledged to have been made by sunny OKOGWU and not sonny Odogwu.

The former is the brother in law of maradonna- IBB.

My guess is that Okogwu is just trying to curry some favour thinking either his in law or any of his kinsmen would challenge and win office. how right was he on that Yar Adua is now our President.

He has written that nonesense about over a year ago before any of the primaries or the election.

I am not geologist but i have a simple common sense which simply transalate that if oil was found in the North, there will be no need to extract it in the south and then pipe laid to Kaduna to go and refine it. They would simply extract it in the North and refine it there and there would no need for ND militant holding anybody and everybody to ransom.

AS for Zarah and Mr. bean there is no need for us to fight North- South divide. The British has joined us together for their own selfish interest and let us then use our diversity, strenght and weakness to work together for a better Nigeria.

I order you by the power confer to me by the almight God for anybody and everybody on this site and this thread to stop abusive word and tribal/regional attack

May God bless and be with our country and all of us.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by laudate: 5:45pm On Aug 28, 2007
vigasimple:

I am not geologist but i have a simple common sense which simply transalate that if oil was found in the North, there will be no need to extract it in the south and then pipe laid to Kaduna to go and refine it. They would simply extract it in the North and refine it there and there would no need for ND militant holding anybody and everybody to ransom.

AS for Zarah and Mr. bean there is no need for us to fight North- South divide. The British has joined us together for their own selfish interest and let us then use our diversity, strenght and weakness to work together for a better Nigeria.

You talk am well, my brother! grin
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by DRANOEL(m): 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2007
sunny odogwu says something and the whole north is attacked hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by IG: 9:45pm On Aug 29, 2007
All hatred aside.
Nigerians should understand that each section of the country needs the rest to survive.
Think of an imaginary situation where each section sticks to it's resources and refuse to share it with the rest.
The south will keep it's oil.
The north will keep it's meat, grains, beans,land e.t.c

The south-east will have to find a way of accomodating the great number of it's indigenes right now in the north.
Now I've been to the south-east and I know this will be really difficult if possible.

It means no kpomo and beans for the Yoruba man.
But the truth is that you don't drink crude oil to live.
So the south has to import food and the north has to import oil .

So you see both sides will suffer.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by charliebiz(m): 11:04am On Jul 22, 2009
Please ppl stop commiting ad hominen (fallacies) and treat the issues. in the course of biting ourselves in NL we show that we ourselves are part of the problems we face in Nigeria. We attack personality rather than the issues. a forum is where we share ideas and not mock ourselves knowing fully well that our ideas might not get to the seat of the presidency which brings to bear the effectiveness of our contribution if it is positive or negative to the development of our country. God bless nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria / The Easy Ways To Kill The Biafran Agitation / Anambra Governorship Election: APGA Commence Local Government Campaign Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.