Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,702 members, 7,941,683 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 11:21 AM

Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? - Islam for Muslims (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (62054 Views)

Muslims What Is JIZZYA? / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by lovemajek(f): 1:08am On Aug 23, 2007
Religion is war.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by ammatullah(f): 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2007
Inn-lhamdulilah,

My fellow muslims Asalam Alaykum,

Oh no, you need read back in history, I didn't realise I was dealing with a disbeliever that has subjective views about islam.
The prophet’s marriage to Aisha at her young age was an exception and not a norm of his other marriages, although it was a norm in Biblical and Qur’anic times. Based on the culture at that time, no one saw anything wrong with the union between Muhammad (pbuh) and Aisha. The point is: Muhammad and Aisha lived in a society and culture that existed 1400 years ago, and we must not judge what he or others did based on the standards we have set today.

It is interesting to note that Aisha was already engaged to a man named Jubair Ibn al Mut’am inb ‘Adi before she become engaged to Muhammad (pbuh). Back then, society did not object to Aisha's engagement to Jubair. Jubair's parents broke the engagement because they feared that their son might convert to Islam. More importantly HER PARENTS ENGAGED HER EARLIER than the age of 6. If it was a problem then, would the parents give their child away before the age of 6 and then cancel the engagement and give her to someone else at the age of 6 and then marry her at the age of 9. If it was a great evil do you think anyone would be a muslim when the leader does something that does not conform with human standard and values. If it was a problem then that went against the bible why did the jews not condemn the wedding, they read the old testament and they believe a girl can marry at puberty. Why did the christians around that read the new testament did not object and deny his prophecy as a result of his action. It was a norm then to be bethroted at a really young age and marry later in the early teens or before.

"Marriage at the early years of puberty was acceptable in 7th century Arabia as it was the social norm in all Semitic cultures from the Israelites to the Arabs and all nations in between. Jim West, ThD, a Baptist minister, observes the following

The wife was to be taken from within the larger family circle (usually at the outset of puberty or around the age of 13) in order to maintain the purity of the family line".[4] [if you think i made it up go its link http://www.iidb.org/vbb/archive/index.php/t-76965.html]

. . .

[4] Jim West, ThD, Ancient Israelite Marriage Customs

If you take the time to study a little bit about the history of the tribes in South America, Middle East, Africa, India and the far eastern Oriental countries 1400 years ago, you would find that many tribes even until today (as shown in the Thai girl's and the 12-year old Romanian girl links below) allow the marriage of females at a very young age.

Check out the link about a girl in Thailand that was already married at the age of nine with a child.

http://www.answering-islam.com/thai_girl.htm

Another link of a gypsy girl that got married at the age of 12 in accordance with gypsy tradition or culture.

http://www.answering-islam.com/gypsy_girl.htm

Early age of Roman emperors, http://www.answering-islam.com/byzantine_child_brides.htm

It is strongly believed among Jews and Roman Catholics that Mary was 12 when she got pregnant with Jesus. According to the "Oxford Dictionary Bible" commentary, Mary (peace be upon her) was was 12 years old when she became impregnated.

Why don't you read your history and condemn your history and leave us muslims alone to live in peace.

I testify that there is god except Allah, I believe in all His messengers from Adam up to Muhammmad (peace be upon all of them) and I believe that they were sent with the truth

I ain't gat time for Islam haters, don't worry when the angel of death comes and you are buried in the grave you will answer to all the insults that you have been hauling at us muslims.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by PTH(m): 2:14pm On Aug 23, 2007
ammatullah, it is important that you like your other muslim brethren do not go the way of intolerance and unecessary belligerence simply because others point out the unwholesome parts of your religion.

ammatullah:

Oh no, you need read back in history, I didn't realise I was dealing with a disbeliever that has subjective views about islam.

This is the same dross we get served up whenever the contradictions in islam are exposed! Who really is a "believer"? One who swallows all mohammed's attrocities without question, burying his head in the sands of denial with the usual "he was a prophet so all his actions were sanctioned by allah" excuse?

ammatullah:

The prophet’s marriage to Aisha at her young age was an exception and not a norm of his other marriages, although it was a norm in Biblical and Qur’anic times.

This is nonsense! First you say Mohammed's marriage to aisha was an exception and NOT the norm and yet in the same sentence tell us that it was the norm in quranic times to marry underaged children. Which do we believe?
Just to burst your bubble, NO WHERE IN THE BIBLE DO WE SEE OR READ ABOUT UNDER AGED CHILDREN BEING MARRIED OFF TO MEN! Stop the usual muslim excuse of quickly running to the bible to find non-existent parallels anytime the evil in islam is questioned. The bible certainly does not sanction child marriage!

ammatullah:

Based on the culture at that time, no one saw anything wrong with the union between Muhammad (pbuh) and Aisha. The point is: Muhammad and Aisha lived in a society and culture that existed 1400 years ago, and we must not judge what he or others did based on the standards we have set today.

Are you insinuating that we have better standards than existed during mohammed's time? If we cannot judge what mohammed did based on today's standards then what is the rational behind judging US today based on mohammed's clearly antiquated beliefs and standards?

ammatullah:

It is interesting to note that Aisha was already engaged to a man named Jubair Ibn al Mut’am inb ‘Adi before she become engaged to Muhammad (pbuh). Back then, society did not object to Aisha's engagement to Jubair. Jubair's parents broke the engagement because they feared that their son might convert to Islam. More importantly HER PARENTS ENGAGED HER EARLIER than the age of 6. If it was a problem then, would the parents give their child away before the age of 6 and then cancel the engagement and give her to someone else at the age of 6 and then marry her at the age of 9. If it was a great evil do you think anyone would be a muslim when the leader does something that does not conform with human standard and values.

There is a GREAT world of difference between "engagement" and "marriage". Even today in some customs, babies are engaged to others for marriage, it does not mean they can marry them right away. It just means when the girl reaches marriageable age she has only one option, to marry the man she was engaged to at birth. It is not the same as being forced to marry a 54yr old man when you were barely out of your diapers! That is a criminal offence.

ammatullah:

If it was a problem then that went against the bible why did the jews not condemn the wedding, they read the old testament and they believe a girl can marry at puberty. Why did the christians around that read the new testament did not object and deny his prophecy as a result of his action. It was a norm then to be bethroted at a really young age and marry later in the early teens or before.

awwwww the usual "use the bible to excuse mohammed's evil" tricks that muslims play. Why would the old or new testament jews condemn mohammed?
- they lived and died thousands of yrs before mohammed himself was born.
- why would they be bothered with who a heathen chose to marry? I dont see anywhere in the bible where the jews criticised the marriage of an assyrian.

Yes! It was and in some cultures still the norm to be bethrothed at an early age TO MARRY LATER IN THEIR ADULTHOOD! Not to get married at 6! Did aisha achieve her own puberty at 6 yrs of age? That must be a medical mystery.

ammatullah:

"Marriage at the early years of puberty was acceptable in 7th century Arabia as it was the social norm in all Semitic cultures from the Israelites to the Arabs and all nations in between. Jim West, ThD, a Baptist minister, observes the following

It is strongly believed among Jews and Roman Catholics that Mary was 12 when she got pregnant with Jesus. According to the "Oxford Dictionary Bible" commentary, Mary (peace be upon her) was was 12 years old when she became impregnated.

This are all unsubstantiated lies to excuse mohammed's criminal actions. If it was the "norm" for isrealites to marry children, we would have seen it recorded in the bible. Mary could not have been 12 when his mother got pregnant. The bible clearly used the term "woman" to address her, while it used the words "child" to address Jesus Christ when he went to the temple AT THE SAME AGE!

It is also clear that the Jews had clearly different cultures from their neighbours during both old and new testament periods. To lump them with the arabs as having the same culture simply because they share some form of common lineage is disingenous. The central theme of the old testament was the caling apart and sanctification of the jews to a separate lifestyle.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Ninjabyte(m): 2:20pm On Aug 23, 2007
@ all non-muslims
If only your skulls encased the matter called brain it would have been obvious to you that you have proven one point. The point you people have refused to acknowledge.

That it's always u guys that taunt the Muslims before they react and when they react (and they react differently not because that's the way Islam advices but because they are humans and use emotions in dealing with things.) I've being to other threads belonging to other faiths and never has any Muslim gone out of his way to taunt non-muslim.

Won't you guys just quit it? You've made your points and we appreciate it, now skedaddle.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by PTH(m): 2:41pm On Aug 23, 2007
Ninjabyte:

@ all non-muslims
If only your skulls encased the matter called brain it would have been obvious to you that you have proven one point. The point you people have refused to acknowledge.

That it's always u guys that taunt the Muslims before they react and when they react (and they react differently not because that's the way Islam advices but because they are humans and use emotions in dealing with things.) I've being to other threads belonging to other faiths and never has any Muslim gone out of his way to taunt non-muslim.

Won't you guys just quit it? You've made your points and we appreciate it, now skedaddle.

Lol, the usual muslim excuse again. Excuse their chronic need to revert to violence, death and intolerance while hiding under the garb of victimhood "o they taunted us first".

Get over it, no one is taunting you. We are merely talking about things recorded IN YOUR OWN QURAN AND HADITH! Maybe you should be closely scrutinising those books instead of seeking the heads of those who expose your errors.

Are christians and buddhits, to mention a few, not humans too? Dont they have a right to "react" when "taunted" since they also have emotions or is that right only for muslims? What is the islamic way to "react" to taunts" To kill your neighbour?
Why didnt christians come on this boards seeking to kill everyone after films such as the davinci code were released?

Rather than make your input in the ongoing debate, you choose to hide your head in denial by going the "reaction" route. So typical of the deluded mohamedan muslim.

If you've truly been to other threads surely you must have seen where Jesus Christ was labeled a slave eh? grin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Banderas(m): 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2007
PTH:

Lol, the usual muslim excuse again. Excuse their chronic need to revert to violence, death and intolerance while hiding under the garb of victimhood "o they taunted us first".

Get over it, no one is taunting you. We are merely talking about things recorded IN YOUR OWN QURAN AND HADITH! Maybe you should be closely scrutinising those books instead of seeking the heads of those who expose your errors.

Are christians and buddhits, to mention a few, not humans too? Dont they have a right to "react" when "taunted" since they also have emotions or is that right only for muslims? What is the islamic way to "react" to taunts" To kill your neighbour?
Why didnt christians come on this boards seeking to kill everyone after films such as the davinci code were released?

Rather than make your input in the ongoing debate, you choose to hide your head in denial by going the "reaction" route. So typical of the deluded mohamedan muslim.

What gives you the right to judge another man's religion? You amaze me.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by PTH(m): 2:47pm On Aug 23, 2007
Banderas:

depends on what you refer to as "judging". Methinks that word is now used to cloak any thing we simply disagree with. If to reply to a post is to "judge" islam then we need to redefine that word.

thank you.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 2:48pm On Aug 23, 2007
Banderas:

just ignore him please . . .  he hates muslims with a passion cheesy

when on one replies him . .he will carry his hatred  to the Islamic Uhmma alone .

@ Ninjabyte and Ammatullah
Please ignore his post and continue posting what you learnt about Islam cheesy

Ma Salaam

@ Topic
Ramadan is almost here cheesy
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Banderas(m): 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2007
Actually, PTH, I consider myself a christian, and I find you extremely opinionated and judgemental about anything concerning religion. Your "posts" are tastelessly intolerant of any other views apart from yours. This has nothing to do with your beleifs, but with the way you seem to think that you can put your face in other people's lifestyles and make categorical statements.

Muki, I'm sorry, the guy always gets my goat. He has no finesse whatsoever, and constantly makes baseless accusations.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by PTH(m): 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2007
mukina2:

just ignore him please . . .  he hates muslims with a passion cheesy

when on one replies him . .he will carry his hatred  to the Islamic Uhmma alone .

@ Ninjabyte and Ammatullah
Please ignore his post and continue posting what you learnt about Islam cheesy

yep! ignore him!  grin The usual muslim response - either ignore him since you cant see him or kill him. Excellent! Why didnt Christ think of doing that to the pharisees?  grin grin grin grin

Yeah continue posting your incantations and many lies. Good luck!
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Banderas(m): 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2007
Okay PTH, what makes their postings a lie, and yours the truth? Let's hear it.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2007
PTH:

yes! ignore him!  grin The usual muslim response - either ignore him since you can't see him or kill him. Excellent! Why didnt Christ think of doing that to the pharisees?  grin grin grin grin

Yeah continue posting your incantations and many lies. Good luck!

we like it . .stay in urs . .we wil lstay in ours . .ur long sermons doesnt change a thing about Islam . .so keep on hitting ur head for nothing . .

Islam stays

@ Bandera . .you know he is Mr know it all . so only he knows what is right fro mwhat is wrong cheesy
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by PTH(m): 2:57pm On Aug 23, 2007
Banderas:

Actually, PTH, I consider myself a christian, and I find you extremely opinionated and judgemental about anything concerning religion. Your "posts" are tastelessly intolerant of any other views apart from yours. This has nothing to do with your beleifs, but with the way you seem to think that you can put your face in other people's lifestyles and make categorical statements.

Muki, I'm sorry, the guy always gets my goat. He has no finesse whatsoever, and constantly makes baseless accusations.

lol, your problem has very little to do with whether i have finesse or not but obviously biased because i have a completely different view that you are very uncomfortable with. I have no appologies mr. banderas. Keep living in your bubble and i'll gladly live in mine.
Baseless accusations? - Do yourself a favour and kindly point them out or desist from making baseless allegations urself.

Intolerant of others views? - What views? Maybe you can go ahead and marry your 6 yr old neighbour and see how "tolerant of others views" the British police really are.

I owe no noe any appologies for making categorical statements especially since they fly in the face of your own beliefs. that's why its a forum banderas and not an "agree with me by force" website. You obviously have as much right to make "baseless accusations, categorical statements and intolerant remarks" so long as you can back up your claims with adequate proof.

Enjoy dear sir.  grin Seems my remarks always leave you wishing you could pick my head off. Sorry you'll never get that chance.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by PTH(m): 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2007
mukina2:

we like it . .stay in urs . .we wil lstay in ours . .your long sermons doesnt change a thing about Islam . .so keep on hitting your head for nothing . .

Islam stays

trust me, no one is telling islam to go away. But anytime a muslim attempts to use the bible to excuse mohammed's actions, you bet i will be there to hep him or her out of his fantasyland. grin

Banderas:

Okay PTH, what makes their postings a lie, and yours the truth? Let's hear it.

There is no right or wrong on this issue. If you think marrying a child barely out of her diapers is right pls go ahead dear. I cant tell you what you shld do or not do.

Mine is to burst the bubble of those who cleverly try to force Mary into the controversy in order to give mohammed a good alibi.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Banderas(m): 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2007
Oh I am totally at home with your views. You can have any view you like. Just don't make accusations based on them and all will be fine. It's your accusations and mass generalisations that I sincerely can't stand.

Marry my 6 year old neighbour? Now, now be reasonable, why would I do that? Pick your head off? That's not going to happen - I believe everyone has a right to live their own lives.

But in your post you have practically accused me of

1) Wanting to marry my 6 year old neighbour
2) Wanting to pick your head off

I wonder how you came to this point, and I can't see how what I have said today has proven this. You on the other hand have apparently met every muslim on the planet
yes! ignore him! Grin The usual muslim response
so obviously you know this usual muslim response. I said you generalised. I have proven it.

And by the way, child marriage is a cultural issue, not a religious one.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by PTH(m): 5:10pm On Aug 23, 2007
Banderas:

Oh I am totally at home with your views. You can have any view you like. Just don't make accusations based on them and all will be fine. It's your accusations and mass generalisations that I sincerely can't stand.

Do me a favor and point to just ONE! Perhaps what you really can't stand is the fact that i have oppinions that differ from yours no matter how loudly you proclaim to welcome dissenting views.

Banderas:

Marry my 6 year old neighbour? Now, now be reasonable, why would I do that? Pick your head off? That's not going to happen - I believe everyone has a right to live their own lives.

Exactly my point Banderas. Muhammad married a 6yr old and it is recorded in the hadiths, it has nothing to do with me making baseless allegations. If you had bothered to read a few posts before jumping to post as soon as you saw my moniker you would have understood a bit better the crux of this simple debate - mohammed married a 6yr old, muslims attempt to falsely use the bible to excuse his actions.

Banderas:

But in your post you have practically accused me of

1) Wanting to marry my 6 year old neighbour
2) Wanting to pick your head off

lol why would i accuse you of "wanting" to marry a 6yr old? This is simply a clear example of the fact that you did not understand the train of thought on this debate before you jumped in. Since you jumped in to Mukina2 and allamutallah's defence i wondered whether you would consider it appropriate to marry a 6 yr old.

Banderas:

And by the way, child marriage is a cultural issue, not a religious one.

Is marrying underaged children also a cultural issue? The issue here was not about marriage but about whether it was appropriate to marry a 6yr old. Again read threads thoroughly before shooting yourself in the foot.
To say child marriage is merely a cultural issue is to pretend not to be ignorant of the fact that muslims who support child marriage do so on the basis of the prophet's example. Where you aware this issue was one of the major reasons why the child rights bill failed on the floor of the Nigerian senate?
enjoy.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Iman3(m): 5:40pm On Aug 23, 2007
The indefatigable PTH has already eviscerated "Ammatullah" response but I thought I add a few points  grin
ammatullah:

Inn-lhamdulilah,
My fellow muslims Asalam Alaykum,

Its interesting that Islam encourages Muslims to wish peace only to themselves .Even that mere courtesy of extending a peaceful greeting to a "kaffir" is beyond this "peaceful religion".Muslims are only supposed to extend such greetings where they are greeted first.Now let me address the main issue.

The prophet’s marriage to Aisha at her young age was an exception and not a norm of his other marriages, although it was a norm in Biblical and Qur’anic times. Based on the culture at that time, no one saw anything wrong with the union between Muhammad (pbuh) and Aisha.

Herein lies the problem.Muslims are told that Muhammad lived a perfect life and his life should be emulated by all Muslims.You yourself made a similar point.If there is nothing wrong with Muhammad marrying a 6 year old and Muslims are meant to copy him,then any Muslim man today should feel free to marry 6 year old girls.

You said "based on the culture at that time",is Islam not a religion of absolute precepts that transcends the "culture of the time"? Your argument introduces moral relativism,viz;the morality or immorality of an act depends on general human perception at the particular time.By that measure,the killing of twins in 19th century Nigeria is not immoral having regard to the "culture of the time".

This is acceptable where we are dealing with purely man made societal norms but Islam purports to be a divine product.Surely,what God deems acceptable  should not be hostage to "the culture of the time".If Islam is a religion for all humanity irrespective of time and place,the actions of its founding Prophet should not merely conform to ancient Arab traditions.

The real question should be whether God finds a behaviour acceptable not whether 7th century Arabs find it so.If it is the latter,then Islam is a product of 7th century Arabs and not of God.

The "Tu quoque" argument is diversionary. Islam should set an example to other religions and not merely point fingers at others to exculpate itself.If someone accuses you of a wrong,telling us that others do the same thing doesn't address the issue.

Why don't you read your history and condemn your history and leave us muslims alone to live in peace.
How does enquiries about a dead man's life(Muhammad's)  amount to not allowing Muslims "to live in peace"? Do Muslims consider debates about Muhammad's life as an invitation for conflict.Surely,a "Prophet of God" is not disturbed by the inquisitiveness of a few "pesky" Nairlanders.
I testify that there is god except Allah, I believe in all His messengers from Adam up to Muhammmad (peace be upon all of them) and I believe that they were sent with the truth

Is your belief anchored on your God-given reasoning capacity or is it completely divorced from it?

I ain't gat time for Islam haters, don't worry when the angel of death comes and you are buried in the grave you will answer to all the insults that you have been hauling at us muslims.

I wonder what the angel of death makes of men marrying 6 year olds and proclaiming to be perfect examples worthy of emulation for time immemorial.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 7:34pm On Aug 23, 2007
long long long sermons . .dont you guys have any thing better to do?

@ al muslims
Please lets ignore them

Shaban is on now . . some people are fasting even now . cheesy
others wont . .they'll wait for Ramadan cheesy like me grin
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by ammatullah(f): 9:09am On Aug 24, 2007
Inalhamdulillah

Asalam Alaykum to my fellow muslims,

If you know any new muslims that needs to pray that is still learning how to make solat and still memorising sura Fatiha as we know that there is no salat without sura Fatiha then he can recite takbir, tahmeed and tahlil. The evidences are below.

'Ibadah ibn as-Samit related that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, "There is no prayer for one who does not recite the opening of the Book al-Fatihah)." This is related by "the group."

Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, "Whoever prays a prayer and does not recite the opening chapter of the Qur'an has not prayed correctly." (Related by Ahmad, al-Bukhari and Muslim.) Ad-Daraqutni also recorded a hadith with a sahih chain with almost exactly the same wording.

Said Abu Sa'eed, "We were ordered to recite the opening chapter of the Qur'an and what (else) was easy (for us)." This is related by Abu Dawud. Al-Hafez and Ibn Sayyid an-Nass consider its chain as sahih.

Says al-Khattabi, "Basically, one's prayer does not suffice if he does not recite al-Fatihah. If one can recite neither al-Fatihah nor other portions of the Qur'an, he should recite at least seven verses of a similar meaning from the Qur'an. If he can not learn any part of the Qur'an (due to some innate inability, poor memory, or because it's a foreign language), he should say the tasbeeh (Subhaan Allah - Glory be to Allah), the tahmeed (al-Hamdu lillah - All praise is due to Allah), and tahleel (La ilaha illal-lah - There is no God except Allah). It is related that he said, "The best remembrance after the speech of Allah is Subhaan Allah, al-Hamdu lillah, La ilaha illal-lah and Allahu akbar." This is supported by Rafa'ah ibn Rafa', who narrated that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, "If you have something from the Qur'an, recite it. If not, then say the tahmeed, takbir and the tahleel and then bow."

This hadith is related by Abu Dawud, at-Tirmizhi, an-Nasa'i and al-Baihaqi. The former considers it as hassan (good).

from Fiqh-us-sunnah by Sayid as-Sabiq

Ma Salama
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by ammatullah(f): 9:23am On Aug 24, 2007
Inalhamdulillah

Asalam Alaykum to my fellow muslims,

At-tatawwu', or nawafil or supererogatory prayers, have been legislated to make up for any deficiencies left in the performance of fard salah (obligatory prayers). In salah, there are virtues that are not found in any other form of worship.
Abu Hurairah reports that the Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam said: "The first thing that the people will be called to account for on the Day of Resurrection will be the prayers. Our Lord will say to the angels although He knows better: 'Look into the salah of my servant to see if he observed it perfectly or been negligent in it. So if he observed it perfectly it will be recorded to his credit, but if he had been negligent in it in any way, Allah would say: See if My servant has any supererogatory prayers. Then if he has any supererogatory prayers, Allah would say: Make up the deficiency in My servant's obligatory prayer with his supererogatory prayers.' Thereafter all his actions will be examined in like manner" (Abu Dawud).
from Fiqh-us-Sunnah

I am not entirely sure about the isnad of this hadith but Sheikh Albani did not comment on its weakness or fabrication so I will assume that it is either Sahih (authentic) or hasan (good).
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by chilla(f): 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2007
@ Poster

Being alive as a Muslim is never by chance but by Allah's rare Rahma to just a few.

Alhamdulillahi ala ni'matil Islam.

Jumuat Kareem
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by lovemajek(f): 12:14am On Aug 25, 2007
Amin.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by ammatullah(f): 5:05pm On Aug 25, 2007
Inna-lhamdulilah,

Asalam Alaykum,

what was the hardest sura you ever memorised? It might be short but you know when you just struggle so hard to memorise and you think you know it but when you read it you struggle.
Mine is sura Jinn, Subhanallahi atheem, it took about two weeks if not more to learn this sura. I need constant revision so as not to forget.

Does anyone here memorises quran?

Ma salama
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 5:31pm On Aug 25, 2007
Mine was suratul Mariam cheesy i loved the surat cuz its my name, so i forced myself to memorise it . . cheesy My oustass was like carry on . .

Now i have forgotten most of it becasue i hardly read my Quran sad

i used to do that after Fajr in the mornings but now sad

I will pick that habit up again Inshallah Before Ramadan starts smiley
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Iman3(m): 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2007
Memorising literature written in Arabic is pointless.The key thing is to read and understand the content.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2007
I-man:

Memorising literature written in Arabic is pointless.The key thing is to read and understand the content.

shaarap dia cheesy

we memorise and do Tafsir translation from Arabic to the language you understand well . smiley
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Iman3(m): 5:52pm On Aug 25, 2007
mukina2:

shaarap dia cheesy

we memorise and do Tafsir translation from Arabic to the language you understand well . smiley

Why memorise at all in a foreign language? Even if its written in your own language,cramming extensively never does you any good.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 6:00pm On Aug 25, 2007
well i am not mad . . i am still the same person . .infact cramming is good . and .as helped me on many occasions grin i love cramming . .
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by ammatullah(f): 6:25pm On Aug 25, 2007
Inna-lhamdulilah,

Asalam Alaykum my fellow Muslims,

Ma sha Allah Sura Maryam. wow that is really long but I absolutely love the sura. Maryam is my role model some times when I wanna do something bad, i ask myself can Maryam do that or would she do it, if the answer is no, i usually leave the action. Subhanallah does that mean you know all suras from sura nas to sura maryam.

Advice- try to revise what you have memorised because prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said the quran runs faster off your head faster than an untied camel.
"Maintain studying the Qur'an for, by the One who controls the soul of Muhammad [Allah], one can lose it easier than losing a loose (untied) camel." Sahih Bukhari

Again recitation in the morning at fajr time is withnessed by the angels. You know the more verses of the quran you know the higher you r level will be in Jannah. Insha Allah we will be high up (amin).

Ma Salama
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Iman3(m): 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2007
Again recitation in the morning at fajr time is withnessed by the angels. You know the more verses of the quran you know the higher you r level will be in Jannah. Insha Allah we will be high up (amin).

grin grin grin grin Pure Comedy!
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2007
Advice- try to revise what you have memorised because prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said the quran runs faster off your head faster than an untied camel

you are right here. . if you leave it for a day , it leaves you  for a week . . sad

I love Sura Mariam too . .i started reading it, before i got to it in Madrasa .

Subhanallah does that mean you know all suras from sura nas to sura maryam.

In our Madrasa we start from Suratul Fatia, then we go to Nas, Falaq uptil Suratul Baqarah smiley step by step . . i Spelled from Suratul Fatia uptil Suratul Allah smiley so i can read  anywhere in the Quran .for i can spell  smiley
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by ammatullah(f): 6:56pm On Aug 25, 2007
Inna-lhamdulilah,

Asalam Alaykum my fellow Muslims,

Alhamdulilah spelling is not so bad with regular practise you master the tajweed and recite the quran the way it was revealed. I meant memorisation in terms of learning the suras by heart and reading the sura without the mushaf. It is highly rewarding as well you know you get 10 hasana for each letter you read iin the quran (in arabic) though. Allah knows best how to reward us when we read in english.

Ma Salama

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (32) (Reply)

Pastor Alabi Renovates A 60-Year-Old Mosque In Osun State (Pictures) / Where 2 Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix, Confirmed By The Quran Over 1400 Years Back / 1,200-Year-Old Mosque Uncovered In Palestinian Village In Israel (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.