Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,303 members, 7,947,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:05 PM

My Pc Locked - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Pc Locked (825 Views)

Unlock Your All Network Locked Modem Here Free. / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem / How Do I Remove NAV2004 (Norton Antivirus 2004) From My PC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pc Locked by adewasco2k(m): 2:29pm On Aug 26, 2008
pls i have a laptop which i just configured but i have a problem with the administrator password which i can log in pls any help. forgoten password[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: My Pc Locked by bigboyslim(m): 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2008
If you've forgotten the administrator password. The only option would be for you to have a computer technician open up the laptop and remove the CMOS battery for about two minutes and replace it. This will erase the current password and restore the login to its default setting. Note that the CMOS battery is internal and is different from the regular laptop battery.
Re: My Pc Locked by DualCore1: 4:47pm On Aug 26, 2008
bigboyslim:

If you've forgotten the administrator password. The only option would be for you to have a computer technician open up the laptop and remove the CMOS battery for about two minutes and replace it. This will erase the current password and restore the login to its default setting. Note that the CMOS battery is internal and is different from the regular laptop battery.
He said "Administrator password", u are giving directions on how to clear BIOS passwords, not administrator passwords.
Re: My Pc Locked by DoubleN(m): 5:20pm On Aug 26, 2008
What Operating System are you using?
Re: My Pc Locked by playsafe: 7:27pm On Aug 26, 2008
Tell me the laptop make and model and i will tell you what to do.

Till then.
Re: My Pc Locked by adewasco2k(m): 11:18am On Aug 27, 2008
im using hp pavilion dv6000 with windows vista operating system
Re: My Pc Locked by phemygee(m): 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2008
Why are we acting as if we dont know what is talking about. Since it has to do with the Administrator's password and not the CMOS password, the best thing he can do is either to USe the recovery cd or format the laptop provided he cannot enter through the SAFE MODE, This is always applicable to systems running on VISTA,

Phemimi
Re: My Pc Locked by DualCore1: 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2008
phemygee:

Why are we acting as if we don't know what is talking about. Since it has to do with the Administrator's password and not the CMOS password, the best thing he can do is either to USe the recovery cd or format the laptop provided he cannot enter through the SAFE MODE, This is always applicable to systems running on VISTA,

Phemimi
name the "actors" please.
U should offer formatting as a last resort.
Re: My Pc Locked by inze(m): 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2008
Well said D C
Re: My Pc Locked by delwu(m): 2:44pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ DC u now proffer a solution, U r attacking everybody that's trying to.
Re: My Pc Locked by inze(m): 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2008
U can see he has no solution to offer. So he kept mute rather than offer wrong and untested solutions.

(1) (Reply)

D'ont Use UcWeb For Checking Mails U R Account May Be Hacked / Glo Gprs / Ensure That The Laptop You Buy Meets Your Computer Needs: Cheap Laptop Isn't

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.