Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,308 members, 7,943,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

Michael Jackson Is 50 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Michael Jackson Is 50 (1412 Views)

Poll: what do you think of michael jackson?

he is a legend: 88% (16 votes)
he is a confused man: 0% (0 votes)
he is a spent force: 5% (1 vote)
i dont care: 5% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Eddie Murphy's Queen In Coming To America Is 50 - See What She Looks Like Now / Breaking News:- Michael Jackson Is Alive, Now At Warri,delta State (photos) / Janet Jackson's Secret Daughter: Picture Revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michael Jackson Is 50 by dgratrock: 10:16pm On Aug 29, 2008
Michael Jackson marked a personal milestone Friday: his 50th birthday.

The 13-time Grammy winner, who has sold more than 750 million albums, told ABC News' "Good Morning America" that he's "looking forward to doing a lot of great things. ,  I think the best is yet to come in my true humble opinion."

Jackson talked to ABC by phone Thursday.

"People see some of the things I do and they say, `Why don't you show this to the world? People don't know you do these things.' And maybe I will," he said.
Jackson said recording the blockbuster albums "Thriller" and "Off the Wall" were the happiest times of his life.
"That meant very much to me and seemed to be received so beautifully by the public and the world. You know, I enjoyed it very much," he said.

As for his birthday plans, "I'll just have a little cake with my children and we'll probably watch some cartoons," he said.

Jackson, a twice-divorced father of three, said he aims to provide a normal life for his children.

"I am letting them enjoy their childhood as much as possible. ,  I let them go to the arcade and go to the movies and do things. I think that comes naturally. I want them to get to do things I didn't get to do," he said.

"I get pretty emotional when I see them having a wonderful time," he said.

Jackson was asked if he had received a membership card from AARP, which focuses on the needs and concerns of those 50 and older.

"Not that I know of!" he said, laughing.

http://abcnews.go.com/
Re: Michael Jackson Is 50 by dgratrock: 11:37pm On Aug 29, 2008
dgratrock:

Michael Jackson marked a personal milestone Friday: his 50th birthday.

The 13-time Grammy winner, who has sold more than 750 million albums, told ABC News' "Good Morning America" that he's "looking forward to doing a lot of great things. ,  I think the best is yet to come in my true humble opinion."

Jackson talked to ABC by phone Thursday.

"People see some of the things I do and they say, `Why don't you show this to the world? People don't know you do these things.' And maybe I will," he said.
Jackson said recording the blockbuster albums "Thriller" and "Off the Wall" were the happiest times of his life.
"That meant very much to me and seemed to be received so beautifully by the public and the world. You know, I enjoyed it very much," he said.

As for his birthday plans, "I'll just have a little cake with my children and we'll probably watch some cartoons," he said.

Jackson, a twice-divorced father of three, said he aims to provide a normal life for his children.

"I am letting them enjoy their childhood as much as possible. ,  I let them go to the arcade and go to the movies and do things. I think that comes naturally. I want them to get to do things I didn't get to do," he said.

"I get pretty emotional when I see them having a wonderful time," he said.

Jackson was asked if he had received a membership card from AARP, which focuses on the needs and concerns of those 50 and older.

"Not that I know of!" he said, laughing.

http://abcnews.go.com/

wacko jacko don reach to get im thread for this forum. please create a dedicated on nairaland on music
Re: Michael Jackson Is 50 by iice(f): 2:17am On Aug 30, 2008
Why you dey quote yourself?

Anyway, happy birthday to him. Love his songs, him? hmmmm! undecided
Re: Michael Jackson Is 50 by sima(f): 9:59pm On Aug 31, 2008
i love him
Re: Michael Jackson Is 50 by dgratrock: 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2008
happy birthday to michael jackson
Re: Michael Jackson Is 50 by kell4eva(m): 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2008
In as pop music is concern, Michael is a legend,

Big up to Michael, we love u
Re: Michael Jackson Is 50 by bimbex: 6:49pm On Sep 01, 2008
micheal is an achiever no matter the situation
Re: Michael Jackson Is 50 by Emad(f): 8:27am On Sep 02, 2008
IF ONLY HE HAD REMAINED AS HANSOME AS GOD MADE HIM embarassed
Re: Michael Jackson Is 50 by mohawkchic(f): 11:16am On Sep 02, 2008
~A true legend that will live on long after hes no more!! May he celebrate more years & more hits!!
Re: Michael Jackson Is 50 by HRhotness(f): 11:18am On Sep 02, 2008
I'm a die hard fan. . , d guy is a musical genius

cant wait for him to do summin new and put all em haters to shame
Re: Michael Jackson Is 50 by kemisuga(f): 11:59am On Sep 02, 2008
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WACKO JACKO, he remains a Legendary.

I LOVE ALL HIS MUSICS. smiley
Re: Michael Jackson Is 50 by spikedcylinder: 1:43pm On Sep 02, 2008
This thread was also duplicated in the music section.

Anyways, as I said before, I am still an ardent fan of wacko jacko. There can NEVER be another like him.
Re: Michael Jackson Is 50 by spikedcylinder: 2:10pm On Sep 02, 2008
kemisuga:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WACKO JACKO, he remains a Legendary.

I LOVE ALL HIS MUSICS. smiley

Oh my word!!!

LOL!
Re: Michael Jackson Is 50 by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 03, 2008
Turning a blind eye to his demerits (and that's a herculean task) one can't but conclude dt Michael is a legend.
None could ever match his achievements in the music world.
though I wish him many more years, truth is, his true worth will only be appreciated when he's gone.
Re: Michael Jackson Is 50 by bimbex: 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2008
he ll always be an achiever no matter the condition.
Re: Michael Jackson Is 50 by seunspice(m): 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2008
50 hearty cheers to the greatest musician ever, the True King of Pop. Mind you there would be no Usher, Neyo, Justin Timberlake amongst other without this guy. i love you michael!!!!
Re: Michael Jackson Is 50 by grandstar(m): 10:01am On Jul 18, 2019
Just came across this.

He's dead now and his daughter even tried committing suicide!
Re: Michael Jackson Is 50 by DMCY: 4:13pm On Jun 10, 2023
Came across this, micheal don die tey tey

(1) (Reply)

President Obama Called Kanye West A 'jackass'? Do You Agree? / Who Is The Best Nigeria Musician / Snopp Dogg And Dbang Video Rocks! Video Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.