Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:54 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (291608 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:53pm On Aug 31, 2007
A-40:

Who cares?? grin

You wish.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by A40(m): 11:08pm On Aug 31, 2007
I know grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by cabali(m): 11:24pm On Aug 31, 2007
how abt henry being signed up 4 chelsea abeg I don't believe all these stories y'all
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dinozzo(m): 11:26pm On Aug 31, 2007
cabali:

how about henry being signed up 4 chelsea abeg I don't believe all these stories y'all
now that will be absolutely ridiculous.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 11:28pm On Aug 31, 2007
impossible is nothin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by A40(m): 12:55am On Sep 01, 2007
So we have snatched Diarra from yall? thats interesting
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 1:02am On Sep 01, 2007
source
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by A40(m): 1:13am On Sep 01, 2007
Arsenal.com
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by cabali(m): 6:17am On Sep 01, 2007
don't care. look we hv at least 2 peeps for every position now so come take some more even! grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 8:49am On Sep 01, 2007
PRE-MATCH: ASTON VILLA V CHELSEA
There is the chance of a first for José Mourinho when we travel to Villa Park on Sunday. Club historian Rick Glanvill and statistician Paul Dutton explain.
Rick attempts a spot of sequence analysis.

Normal service has resumed? Chelsea are top of the tree for the first time since just before five o'clock on Saturday 30 September 2006.
We'd just dropped our first home points of the season to the team we play this Sunday. Even though Didier Drogba grabbed his eighth goal of the season that afternoon, Chelsea had almost 20 shots on goal and Sorenson guarded his goal like a demon, Villa were good value for the 1-1. Stiliyan Petrov appeared to be settling in nicely, Liam Ridgewell looked England senior material, and Milan Baros and Juan Pablo Angel prowled dangerously.
Those were the early days of the Martin O'Neill/Randy Lerner era. The O'Neill bubble punctured last winter and the manager - always cautious in his optimism - has changed a lot he didn't like in the 11 months since that draw at the Bridge. Gone are Ridgewell, Baros and Angel, plus Jlloyd Samuel, Gavin McCann and others.
The first few games suggested more was needed. You'd be hard-pushed to find a Holte Ender with nice things to say about Petrov. Likewise the error-prone central defender Martin Laursen.
Villa fans were hoping for a cash-splashing exercise before the August 31 deadline to re-spark the post-Doug Ellis period, and Lerner has dug deep to create a new spine in goalie Scott Carson, Nigel Reo-Coker, centre midfield, and Marlon Harewood, centre-forward.
This week he lured Zat Knight from Fulham (presumably impressed by his keenness to score for Villa last weekend while still with the London club) and is close to recruiting Curtis Davies from West Bromwich Albion - ideal young replacements for Laursen and competition for Olof Mellberg.
That's not to mention his purchases in the January sales, Ashley Young (looking livelier on the wing recently) and John Carew, both of whom still have something to prove.
There is, though, a considerable investment in youth going in Aston, and if you add the impressive Scots forward Shaun Maloney - around whom there is currently a buzz - and the already recognised athleticism and skill of Gabriel Agbonlahor and Luke Moore, you have a side lacking experience but fearing nothing and capable of accepting the O'Neill tactics implant.

After Chelsea's fine start, maybe there will be better times to play the tails-up Villans than straight after a rousing 2-1 comeback last weekend and a midweek 5-0 win - easily their biggest win since an 8-3 at the same stage of the Carling Cup over Wycombe in 2005. But surely it is good to encounter the hard-working Villa Park pitch so early in the season.
It has traditionally been one of the host venues for FA Cup semi-finals - an honour relinquished with the completion of Wembley Stadium. Over almost 90 years Chelsea's success in semi-finals there was evenly split.
We reached our debut FA Cup final by beating Everton 2-0 in 1915, beat Leeds in 1967 and saw off Fulham in 2002. But the Villa Park surface ended our Wembley dream in 1996 when Ruud and co. faced Manchester Utd, and more poignantly (if possible), we lost twice in successive years, 1965 and '66, against Liverpool and Sheffield Wednesday, both 0-2.
Our last visit there, on January 2 in the Premier League, was as viscerally disappointing as any of those cup losses. Weary Chelsea started the game and went downhill from there, making McCann look a world-beater. One or two great chances were squandered in the first half, but after the break Villa looked the more likely to score. A third consecutive draw left Manchester Utd six points clear at the top.
It is actually been eight years since we won at this venue: 1999 and Luca Vialli's team of Flo, Zola et al. Oddly, since the start of the Premier League, results there between us have largely gone in streaks (see below).
The March 1999 game brought our fourth win a row. It was followed by three consecutive draws, then two Villa wins on the trot, and finally another three stalemates. (I don't know what it all means either, but perhaps Da Vinci Code enthusiasts out there could crack the sequence and let me know before the bookmaker opens this weekend.)
Unlike December last year, it's United who trail now, even if they will almost certainly reduce the deficit to two points on Saturday, the day before we play. Liverpool and Arsenal could also join us on ten before kick-off. We currently have the most points, the highest goals-for total and the equal best goal difference.
It's surely time to press the pedal to the floor and see where it takes us - as long as it's not a traffic jam on the M6.

ASTON VILLA V CHELSEA - Paul Dutton has the statistical state of play.
Chelsea sit top of the Premier League for the first time at the end of a weekend's fixtures since our 2-0 victory at Craven Cottage against Fulham on September 23rd last year.
Villa Park is the only Premier League ground that José Mourinho has visited and failed to come away with a win since his arrival in 2004.
Chelsea have gone eight years and nine games without a win against Villa away on one of our least successful hunting grounds.
Our last victory there was in March 1999 when second half goals from Tore André Flo, Bjarne Goldbæk and Flo again completed an easy win and inflicted Villa's fourth successive defeat under John Gregory. The team was De Goey; Ferrer, Desailly, Leboeuf, Le Saux; Petrescu (Lambourde 78), Wise, Morris, Goldbaek; Zola, Flo (Nicholls 90). Luca Vialli was our manager.
Since then we have drawn six and lost two in the Premier League as well as a 2-1 fifth round League Cup defeat in 2003/04.
Our Premier League record at Villa Park is as follows:
1992/93 Chelsea won 3-1
1993/94 Villa won 1-0
1994/95 Villa won 3-0
1995/96 Chelsea won 1-0
1996/97 Chelsea won 2-0
1997/98 Chelsea won 2-0
1998/99 Chelsea won 3-0
1999/00 Drew 0-0
2000/01 Drew 1-1
2001/02 Drew 1-1
2002/03 Villa won 2-1
2003/04 Villa won 3-2
2004/05 Drew 0-0
2005/06 Drew 1-1
2006/07 Drew 0-0Villa have won only four of their last 15 home Premier League games stretching back nine months.
They have avoided defeat in 11 of the last 12 league outings.
Aston Villa's best finish in the Premier League is runners-up in 1992/93 with 74 points, ten behind champions Man Utd and two above third placed Norwich.
Villa's last top flight title win was the old First Division in 1980/81. Their most recent major piece of silverware is the League Cup in 1996.
Aston Villa are one of only seven clubs to have been ever present since the Premier League was formed in 1992. The others are Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham and Everton.Villa's summer transfer activities have been:
Ins: Zat Knight (Fulham, £3.5m), Nigel Reo-Coker (West Ham, £8.5m), Marlon Harewood (West Ham, £4m), Scott Carson (Liverpool, loan).
Outs: Liam Ridgewell (Birmingham £2m), Gavin McCann (Bolton, £1m), Jlloyd Samuel (Bolton, free), Juan Pablo Angel (New York Red Bulls, free), Aaron Hughes (Fulham, £1m), Lee Hendrie (Sheffield United, released), Steven Davis (Fulham, £4m), Chris Sutton (retired), Eric Djemba-Djemba (released).
Chelsea are unbeaten in the last 18 Premier League games winning 12 and drawing six. We have suffered just one defeat in 31, which was at Liverpool in January.
Frank Lampard's goal against Portsmouth last weekend was his 93rd for the club and put him equal eighth all time scorer with Barry Bridges.
There are no suspensions on either side.
The match referee is Mark Clattenburg who took charge of just two Chelsea games last season, the league wins away to Blackburn and home to Portsmouth.

Chelsea's overall record against Aston Villa in all competitions is: played 133, won 49, drawn 31, lost 53.
Head-to-head in the league at Villa Park: played 60, won 13, drawn 18, lost 29 LAST SEASON'S CORRESPONDING GAME
Aston Villa 0 Chelsea 0
Barclays Premiership, Tuesday January 2, 2007, Villa Park.
Chelsea (4-3-3): Hilario; Ferreira, Boulahrouz (Gérémi 33), Carvalho, A Cole; Essien, Makelele, Lampard (c); Wright-Phillips (Shevchenko 66), Drogba, Kalou (Mikel 75).
Booked Drogba, A Cole, Carvalho
Villa (4-5-1): Kiraly; Mellberg (c), Ridgewell, Cahill, Bouma; Agbonlahor, Gardner (Osbourne 26), Petrov (Baros 74), McCann, Davis; Angel.
Booked McCann
Referee Phil Dowd.
Crowd 41,006.
This was our third successive draw over the Christmas/New Year period. We failed to score for the first time in the season. Villa didn't have one shot on target. Ballack and Gareth Barry were suspended.

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by isokoh(m): 9:12am On Sep 01, 2007
rw6756r86797p
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 4:03pm On Sep 01, 2007
Bye Bye Diarra

Good boy

Maka junior, all the best at arsenal.

But JM keep on reducing the players.

Na wa o.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by cabali(m): 7:45pm On Sep 01, 2007
in as much as it is ok by me 2 let off, diarra 2 arsenal is quite dangerous. I don't like that move.

4 2morrow's game, we had better take 3 2 keep that top spot pls. anyway I see a draw; worst case.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal(m): 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2007
Chelsea will come STUCK against Villa tomorrow.
I trust Martin O'Neill to grind Chelsea down efficiently.
Lampard's injury will be a big blow and i just dont see Chelsea dragging their sorry asses across the finishing line tomorrow.

Chelsea has not won @ the Villa park since 1999.
Mourinho has to come out with something special to break the jinx.
In ma mind's eye . . . .I predict a draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Teej(m): 11:11pm On Sep 01, 2007
By 6:30 to 7pm tomorrow we shall be jubilating, after breaking the jinx villa put on us since march 1999 in their cribvilla parkcus pple that made it impossible last season for us to beat themat villa park have all left.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 11:23pm On Sep 01, 2007
Teej:

By 6:30 to 7pm tomorrow we shall be jubilating, after breaking the jinx villa put on us since march 1999 in their cribvilla parkcus people that made it impossible last season for us to beat themat villa park have all left.

a big [size=18pt]amen[/size] to that
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 11:27pm On Sep 01, 2007
I make bold to say the best Chelski can get out of dis game is a score draw !
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by A40(m): 11:32pm On Sep 01, 2007
Thanks for giving us your best right back last season we promise to use him well, That match would end 1-1
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 11:41pm On Sep 01, 2007
u are an uncertified soothsayer
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Teej(m): 11:54pm On Sep 01, 2007
@mc omo
I hope u will still be around to eat/swallow/munch/chop all your words angry angry

@A-40
No problem at all and definately the match will end in our favour(Chelsea)
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 11:56pm On Sep 01, 2007
blue RULES
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by McOmo(m): 12:04am On Sep 02, 2007
@Teej . . . swallow my words? Ever heard of Kitstradamus? I should ask that u dance the streets of ur area naked if Chelski dont win !
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by A40(m): 12:06am On Sep 02, 2007
@mustay
Na you sabi please tell me any certified soothsayer there is no pali for clairvoyance youngin

Blue drools tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 12:12am On Sep 02, 2007
NA U SABI SEF

Y U GO DEY TALK WETIN U NO KNOW
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by A40(m): 12:17am On Sep 02, 2007
I am simply telling you the fact tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 12:33am On Sep 02, 2007
A-40:

I am simply telling you the fact FROM MY DREAMS grin grin tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by A40(m): 12:52am On Sep 02, 2007
You nor get work grin grin tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Teej(m): 1:58am On Sep 02, 2007
Quote Wrom: KYLEJGDGVCJVTLBXFGGMEPYOQKED
I am simply telling you the fact FROM MY DREAMS

Am sure thats what A-40 meant
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by A40(m): 2:20am On Sep 02, 2007
I see Lunacy reigns supreme in the Chelsea camp.Do you have rabies man?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 11:49am On Sep 02, 2007
which one be ur biz 4 our camp angry
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dapsycool(m): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2007
We've played ok so far
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2007
yes ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.