Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,408 members, 7,901,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:34 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (294370 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 4:35am On Mar 09, 2008
Hehehe - just finished watching the David Haye / Enzo Maccaranelli fight. What a knockout!

Anyway, back to this issue - Ill just leave you fellow Blues with this quote from the BBC website:

It's results like this that make all the pundits look foolish when they say things like: "the sign of a good team is being able to grind out results when they're not playing well, ". The fact is Chelsea play like this most of the time - this IS how we play - and now we are seeing results not go our way. TBH, we're fortunate to be 3rd in the league, our goal difference is the worst of the big four and comparable to the teams in 5th-6th. We can't just blame Grant though, as the uncreative play all started under Mourinho. We have so much quality in the side, it's frustrating that we don't play better. I think there needs to be a management clearout in the off season. We need a proactive well-planned solution, not a stop-gap 'big name' manager.

Face it guys - Jose Mourinho started the rot and he left us with average footballers. He can't handle truly talented players because he likes to be the boss all the time. Anyway, we can see what the result is - we are left with substandard players and we paid £20 million a piece for them. @ Somze and Nateevs - you mentioned that Mourinho was not in control of transfers. He was until 2007. I guess Roman just got tired of all the mediocre players he was signing for World Class fees. And no - we were never in for Nani.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:05am On Mar 09, 2008
Evry manager buys a team according to his style of play. Look at Arsene, he has his unknown so called youngsters but they play well under his guide and philosophy.

The players you criticize now were world stars under JM and they indeed still are. That system worked for him, he brought home trophies, belief, determination, pride and a team spirit - qualities of a united team. If they do not play well now then blame the current structure not the old one under which they blossomed.

JM's philosophy was never attacking or attractive footie, it was an efficient winning method. Do tell, what accolades does nani or quaresma possess to make them world stars? Dont be ridiculous. Every manager has his pattern and as long as it wins matches then we consider it a success. What has nani achieved?

Jm has also made stars out of ordinary players, the only expensive players he got - drogba n essien - were excellent under his regime. Shevy was not his buy, swp is english, so wat point are u making? The team u call ur own today, u owe it to JM, maybe he did not buy all d players but he made them who they are now- carlvalho, terry, essien, lampard, drogba, joe cole, robben, ferreira etc. Thats what a good manager is about, making stars out of your ordinary men.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Chacal: 12:27pm On Mar 09, 2008
@ Ibime,

Spot On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, Jose Mourinho started the rot Chelsea found itself now. . . .
It was clearly evident that Mourinho had nuthing more to offer at the start of the season before he was sacked.
Have y'all guys forgotten Mourinho lost to Villa and drew with Rosenborg before he was sacked??
What is to say Mourinho would be leading the table if he was still here? Chelsea fans must realise other teams have stepped up as well.

United spent 60 million pounds on a team that won the Premiership last summer. . . .What does that tell u?
How do u begin to explain the acquisition of Kalou, SWP, Sidwell, Ben Haim and Pizzaro?
80% of Chelsea's best purchases were made by Claudio Ranieri. . . Jose does not have the eagle-eye to spot talented players.
All he ever seems to do is to whine and moan about tight budget. . . A good manager should be able to manage on a tight budget.
He could have sold some players to cop good money to buy new players instead of moaning to Roman Abrahamovic.

Avram Grant has been forced to inherit Mourinho's expensive flops.
Chelsea is too mechanical. . . their main objective is to stop their opponents from playing and score one or 2 odd goals and flatten out the game.
Grant will be judged when he buys his own players that will fit into his own style of play. . . .not a lot has changed, still the same JM's Chelsea.
The only player that has flair in the whole Chelsea set up is Joe Cole. . . Robben shouldn't have been sold(Anutha Mourinho error).
Letz see where Avram can take this team to by May. . . .then we can really dig into where, when and how it all went wrong for Chelski.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Banderas(m): 1:21pm On Mar 09, 2008
Finally!

This is the thing - Chelsea played their most dazzling football back when they had the attacking trio of Gudjohnsen, Duff and Robben. These players were all bought before Mourinho's time.

I don't want to take anything away from Mourinho, but I must point out that both of his premiership trophies came in seasons when Man U and Arsenal were in transition. Historically in the premiership, When Man U has a good season, Man U wins. When Arsenal have a good season, Arsenal wins. Last season, Man U had a good season, and Chelsea couldn't win. Both Man U and Arsenal are having good (not even great o) seasons right now, and Chelsea isn't going to win. AG is a middle-table coach with a great squad. Jose was a 4th position coach with a great squad. In the end, the class of the coach catches up with the team performance.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:18pm On Mar 09, 2008
@Ibime

I strongly disagree. . . . So you think Wenger can't handle world class players is why he buys young and make them superstars. . . .

The downhill turn started when Roman bought Sheva. . . JM did not want him and Ballack. Every manager has his own winning formula. . .

Jose did not leave average players. . . If Roman gave Jose the 30million he bought Sheva with, He(Jose) would have won the league the third time . .

Jose told Kenyon and Roman the Sheva thing won't work . . . He was smart enough to know that. . Why wasn't Roman and Kenyon with all their years of running businesses. . . They brought in Grant to help Sheva . . what has Grant achieved himself with Sheva. . . .

Sheva and Ballack were world class when they came in . . . what happened? Jose knows that you don't need to bring in world class to win. . and he proved it. . You go on about Jose not having th balls to handle world class. . . which world class has been brought to ManU or Arsenal in the last 5 years. . . ? On the contrary world Class was made. . . Neither Wenger nor Sir Alex bought world class to the club. . . They made world Class out of the players. . . That is to show you that only continuity brings world class. . .

ManU won the league in style while we chased up. . . and Sir Alex spent £65million in the summer even though he won the league. . . If ManU find the need to back Alex up with such amount why didn't Roman ? Instead he was clamouring for world class like you are now and went to bring in "The Average Players"

If Jose was given £50million every season, you think the squad will be like it is now? lots would have left and better would have come in. . Secondly you think if Sir Alex was denied finance and was forced to use the players he had 3 seasons ago . . . won't they all be saying now that he brought in average players. . ?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:13pm On Mar 09, 2008
Banderas:

Finally!

1. This is the thing - Chelsea played their most dazzling football back when they had the attacking trio of Gudjohnsen, Duff and Robben. These players were all bought before Mourinho's time.

2. I don't want to take anything away from Mourinho, but I must point out that both of his premiership trophies came in seasons when Manchester United and Arsenal were in transition. Historically in the premiership,

3. When Manchester United has a good season, Manchester United wins. When Arsenal have a good season, Arsenal wins. Last season, Manchester United had a good season, and Chelsea couldn't win.

4. Both Manchester United and Arsenal are having good (not even great o) seasons right now, and Chelsea isn't going to win.

5. AG is a middle-table coach with a great squad. Jose was a 4th position coach with a great squad. In the end, the class of the coach catches up with the team performance.
1.  What trophies were won during this time you speak about? Robben was brought into the squad during JM's time. What did the manager during this time achieve. Note that Ranieri spent in a season much more  than what JM spent in a season.

2. Excuse me but this is the silliest excuse I've ever heard. So I guess why Man Utd won was because Chelsea and Arsenal were going through a transition. Baseless point. Coming from you, it is shocking.

3. Man Utd won last season  because of our crisis in management, our manager was refused the funds needed to get a replacement defender. Remember Gallas was given to you guys against his wish. The whole of last season JM was not in control of player acquisition. Now following your point, Arsenal has only got 3 good season in 10 years of Wenger? Arsene should be sacked then for such lousy perfomance. How ridiculous!!!

4. Simple, we don't have Jm

5. I am really trying to keep myself from lashing out and I think I have  wink Please do well to mention anytime Jose has managed any team that ended up in the 4th position. Jose has a better record than Wenger so I think it's time to cease this baseless and illogical arguements. You have NEVER won Jose. You have NEVER been higher than Jose on the league table at the end of the season. When it comes to JM you simply can not criticise him because you and your team are simply unfit. Lets hear it from someone who supports a team that has actually beaten his team before.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:28pm On Mar 09, 2008
JM gave us more trophies in his 3 years than we have had in more than a decade using his mediocre squad.

Nateevs
What do you mean Man Utd won the league in still?
That's totally wrong.

Have you forgotten we were injury plagued, in all competitions and did not have key players for most of the season?
Yet we pushed on and kept a slim gap. Thanks to dodgy refereeing decisions and wrong penalty calls they got points they clearly did not deserve. Even teams like Everton clearly helped them on their way.

Like JM said - "I congratulate Man Utd and all those who helped them".

Bloody cheats!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 10:32pm On Mar 09, 2008
blue fan:

The downhill turn started when Roman bought Sheva. . . JM did not want him and Ballack.

The interference in football activities by this man has caused so much trouble.

What happened with Ranieri? Sometimes, I just cannot help but thibk Sheva pressurized his 'close russian friend' to buy him from milan.

we all know it; until Mr AB stops interferring in team matters, shit 'll still occur
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:37pm On Mar 09, 2008
It's his money . . . wink

The last manager that tried to stand against his interference was erm . . . sacked by mutual consent.

I was excited when RA took over the club but now I don't know. He should do the honorable thing and recall JM.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by presido1: 10:54pm On Mar 09, 2008
Somze where in Muki, pls dont tell me you did not see her.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 10:57pm On Mar 09, 2008
i DON'T UNDERSTAND HIM - I THOUGHT 'TWAS ONLY ORJI UZOR KALU THAT DID THINGS LIKE THESE grin grin wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 11:10pm On Mar 09, 2008
presido1:

Somze where in Muki, please don't tell me you did not see her.
Na wa o, have I become her keeper? tongue
She has retired for the day, and next time try to know your wife's whereabout yourself tongue grin

Mustay:

i DON'T UNDERSTAND HIM - I THOUGHT 'TWAS ONLY ORJI UZOR KALU THAT DID THINGS LIKE THESE grin grin wink
Obviously you've never heard of the Russian mafia
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by mukina2: 11:16pm On Mar 09, 2008
somze:

Na wa o, have I become her keeper?  tongue
She has retired for the day, and next time try to know your wife's whereabout yourself  tongue grin
Obviously you've never heard of the Russian mafia

sharap dere tongue

Presido
i dey o tongue where u dey since? tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ASL33: 11:24pm On Mar 09, 2008
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2008
@Somze. .

I said ManU won the League in style . . but really they did . . though we had injuries but that did not take away the fact that they did win the League. . they slumped against Pompey and we had to win our matches and then beat them to win the league. . . but we did not, instead we dropped 2 pts against Newcastle and Bolton at crucial times. . So indirectly we were one of those that handed them the league. .

Having said that anyway, I was trying to explain to Ibime why Jose lost the League to ManU was that he was not supported financially. . . Which of course led to the fact you raised that we had injuries and we could not fill in for the players that were injured. . .

We sold Gallas and Robert Huth . . crucial players and that's how it all began. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 11:31pm On Mar 09, 2008
mukina2:

sharap dere tongue
Go and sleep woman angry
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by gravity001: 11:37pm On Mar 09, 2008
@ chacal
Spot On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, Jose Mourinho started the rot Chelsea found itself now. . . .
It was clearly evident that Mourinho had nuthing more to offer at the start of the season before he was sacked.
Have y'all guys forgotten Mourinho lost to Villa and drew with Rosenborg before he was sacked??
What is to say Mourinho would be leading the table if he was still here? Chelsea fans must realise other teams have stepped up as well.

United spent 60 million pounds on a team that won the Premiership last summer. . . .What does that tell u?
How do u begin to explain the acquisition of Kalou, SWP, Sidwell, Ben Haim and Pizzaro?
80% of Chelsea's best purchases were made by Claudio Ranieri. . . Jose does not have the eagle-eye to spot talented players.
All he ever seems to do is to whine and moan about tight budget. . . A good manager should be able to manage on a tight budget.
He could have sold some players to cop good money to buy new players instead of moaning to Roman Abrahamovic.

Avram Grant has been forced to inherit Mourinho's expensive flops.
Chelsea is too mechanical. . . their main objective is to stop their opponents from playing and score one or 2 odd goals and flatten out the game.
Grant will be judged when he buys his own players that will fit into his own style of play. . . .not a lot has changed, still the same JM's Chelsea.
The only player that has flair in the whole Chelsea set up is Joe Cole. . . Robben shouldn't have been sold(Anutha Mourinho error).
Letz see where Avram can take this team to by May. . . .then we can really dig into where, when and how it all went wrong for Chelski.

You should be ashamed of urself for quoting such. U guys should sit down and reason properly b4 puting ur hands on the keyboard. Mourinho isnt the problem. Mourinho signed the best players and won the premiership for chelsea for the first time since the inception of chelsea. Ballack and Shevchenko was signed under the influence of Abrahomovich and not Mourinho. Thats what Mourinho didnt like from the owner and that brought the misunderstanding btw both. All other signings are doing good. Drogba, Kalou, Carvalho,Mikel and others. Mourinho left and the boys playing now are what Mourinho brought. They are the same players that won the premiership twice. Grant is trying but he doesnt have the actual code to do the right things. His selection is still questionable. Chelsea no dont have any chance to win anything now except a miracle happen and they win the champions league. Even if they give Grant Man U or Arsenal players to handle he may still flop because he hasnt understood the tricks involved.

No one should blame Mourinho for anything. U can blame Mourinho if u are anti chelsea fan because u lack the mental alertness to read the game properly.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 4:05am On Mar 10, 2008
somze:

Robben was brought into the squad during JM's time. What did the manager during this time achieve. Note that Ranieri spent in a season much more  than what JM spent in a season.

No - The Petr Cech and Arjen Robben deals were agreed in January 2004. Mourinho joined in July. Mourinho didn't sign them - he just recieved delivery of them.

somze:

Now following your point, Arsenal has only got 3 good season in 10 years of Wenger? Arsene should be sacked then for such lousy perfomance. How ridiculous!!!

I also think it is ridiculous to compare Arsene Wenger with Chelsea or Man Utd. Arsenal have less net spending than teams like West Ham and Tottenham so it is even a credit to Arsene that his team are even in contention - and they do it without compromising the beauty of the game. Arsene also BUILT a stadium for Arsenal whilst keeping them in contention with his shrewd fiscal planning. Emirates should be called "Arsene Wenger" stadium. Did Mourinho leave us any such legacy except tens of millions of debt year in and year out? Anyway, enough praising of Arsenal before I am accused of being something I am most definitely not.

somze:

3. Man Utd won last season  because of our crisis in management, our manager was refused the funds needed to get a replacement defender. Remember Gallas was given to you guys against his wish. The whole of last season JM was not in control of player acquisition.

I think your adoration of Mourinho is clouding your objectivity here.

Our centre-back Boulahrouz was being played at right-back when he made a mistake against Barcelona. After that Mourinho refused to speak to him and preferred to play Essien or Ferreira at centre-back when Terry and Ricky got injured. This decision cost us points against Reading, Fulham, Liverpool and Tottenham in the Carling Cup and also left us weak in midfield. Ferreira and Essien were brutally exposed in the air and both made mistakes in every game over december and January when we lost points. Now, I don't care who you are - you cannot tell me that Essien and Ferreira are better centre-backs than Boulahrouz. Yes, Boulahrouz made a mistake in the last game of the season - but that was after 6 months of inactivity and low-confidence instilled by Mourinho. Before that, he was always reliable both for Hamburg when they won the German league and for the Dutch national team. I will come back to this point later.

OK - In January, Mourinho asked Roman for money to buy Ben-Haim whose contract was up in 6 months. Bolton wanted £4m. Chelsea were willing to pay £2m. Bolton refused. Mourinho became stubborn and started making all sorts of bruhaha against Roman for not signing him. But Roman is no fool to pay £4m for a player whose contract is expiring. So Roman told Mourinho to take Alex back from his loan at PSV. Mourinho said no - and went out of his way to make a DVD for Roman showing all of Alex's faults. He insisted on Ben-Haim. Meanwhile we continued to drop points with Essien filling in at centre-back whilst Boulahrouz was made to rot in reserve. History has proved Roman right. We can all see now that Alex is a better defender than Ben-Haim - and in the process of his stubbornheadedness, Mourinho LOST US THE LEAGUE!

Also, you claim Roman signed Sheva and Ballack. Has Mourinho ever publicly come out and said he didn't want Sheva and Ballack? NO! Roman signed them - but he cosigned the deals. Also, he should deal with it - its not like Roman went and bought League one players for him. Besides, do Moratti, Jean-Michel Aulas and Berlusconi not sign player? Yet their teams are succesful. The fact is that Mourinho killed Sheva - as he did to Boulahrouz and Ferreira. You cannot tell me Sheva lost all his class over the course of one summer. Mourinho got a Rolls Royce and tried to turn him into a work-horse. In the process Sheva started running too hard and lost all the power in his legs as well as his confidence. Sheva even employed extra fitness trainers in his anxiousness to please Mourinho and in the process, he flogged himself into the ground. Now, his legs are gone. If you doubt, go and watch the first Charity shield match he played for Chelsea and compare it to now - you will see that he has lost all the power in his legs. All because Mourinho wanted to turn him into a Didier Drogba type of player. If you look all through Mourinho's career, he only likes playing with big strong African battering-ram strikers. For Drogba, substitute Benni McCarthy. Hence - Hernan Crespo did not succeed at Chelsea.

Finally, the fatal flaw in Mourinho was that he alienated members of his squad - and whenever we had injuries, it came back to haunt him because his substitutes did not have the confidence to produce. From Damien Duff to Ferreira to Boulahrouz to Kezman to Arjen Robben to Wright-Phillips. Mourinho used to take things personal when players underperformed and would not even speak to them. Hence, when we had injuries, he would try to fit square pegs in round holes (as with Essien) or the substitutes would just not perform. He would scare the first team players with his harsh treatment of the substitutes. That was Mourinho's psychology. This "untouchables" and "touchables" style of management certainly works - but what happens when the "untouchables" are injured and the substitutes have to play, all of them bereft of confidence? The chickens came home to roost last season when we started getting one or two injuries and this flaw in Mourinho's management style was brutally exposed. Have you noticed that with all Mourinho teams that the first-team are always World Stars while the substitutes are always big flops?

Unfortunately, this abrasive management style does not last long. Eventually, it catches up with him - hence his fight with John Terry just before he left. Mourinho is a good manager to have for four seasons - but not a manager to build decades of success on. Let us look at the top teams we all love. They are defined by managers who introduce a football culture. Johan Cruyff introduced Barcelona's culture and they have never departed from it. Even if you are watching black and white TV, you know when Barca are playing. Till today, Barca play the same style - short sharp passes in midfield with exilirating wing-play. Johan Cruyff's legacy lives on. Same with Arsene and SAF. You know Arsenal's style of play. Even if they change manager, they still play the same way. It is instantly recognisable. As for Mourinho, we couldn't WAIT to change the style of football he introduced when he left. His legacy does not last. Chelsea is too big a club to be playing league-two tactics.

Mourinho did great to win our first league since '55. It seems like Chelsea fans want to idolise him forever because of that. No - the fact is we are a big club. Roman spends lots of money and has a right to ask for a certain style of football. We spend enough money, not only to win - but to win handsomely. And any other top manager in the World would produce with Roman's money - not only Mourinho - and they will also do it with a better style of play. Mourinho is just lucky to be followed by an idiot like Avram Grant. It makes him look good. The fact is, if Mourinho was followed by someone like Guus Hiddink, you would have forgotten Mourinho's name by now. So please let go of your emotional ties to Mourinho. He does not deserve cult status because he didn't do anything another top-manager wouldn't do with the money he had. In my opinion, he even wasted 50% of the money he was given.

Finally, Mourinho is an extremely difficult character who makes childish unreasonable demands. He has fallen out with everyone from Cruyff to Rijkaard to his own players. I do not blame Roman for falling out with him - it is something that happens frequently with Mourinho. Roman has also made many mistakes but he has also saved our club from bankruptcy otherwise we would be like Leeds are. So do not blame Roman - because you would probably be supporting Arsenal by now if not for him.

Anyway, sorry for the long essay - I just wanted to clarify some points which you guys seem to be missing.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 5:18am On Mar 10, 2008
Ibime:

1) Our centre-back Boulahrouz was being played at right-back when he made a mistake against Barcelona. After that Mourinho refused to speak to him

2) and preferred to play Essien or Ferreira at centre-back when Terry and Ricky got injured. This decision cost us points against Reading, Fulham, Liverpool and Tottenham in the Carling Cup and also left us weak in midfield. Now, I don't care who you are - you cannot tell me that Essien and Ferreira are better centre-backs than Boulahrouz.

3) In January, Mourinho asked Roman for money to buy Ben-Haim whose contract was up in 6 months. Bolton wanted £4m. Chelsea were willing to pay £2m. Bolton refused.

4) Mourinho became stubborn and started making all sorts of bruhaha against Roman for not signing him. But Roman is no fool to pay £4m for a player whose contract is expiring.

5) So Roman told Mourinho to take Alex back from his loan at PSV. Mourinho said no - and went out of his way to make a DVD for Roman showing all of Alex's faults. He insisted on Ben-Haim.

6) Meanwhile we continued to drop points with Essien filling in at centre-back whilst Boulahrouz was made to rot in reserve. History has proved Roman right. We can all see now that Alex is a better defender than Ben-Haim - and in the process of his stubbornheadedness, Mourinho LOST US THE LEAGUE!

7) Also, you claim Roman signed Sheva and Ballack. Has Mourinho ever publicly come out and said he didn't want Sheva and Ballack? NO! Roman signed them - but he cosigned the deals. Also, he should deal with it -

cool The fact is that Mourinho killed Sheva - as he did to Boulahrouz and Ferreira. You cannot tell me Sheva lost all his class over the course of one summer.

9) If you look all through Mourinho's career, he only likes playing with big strong African battering-ram strikers. For Drogba, substitute Benni McCarthy.

10) Hence - Hernan Crespo did not succeed at Chelsea.

11) From Damien Duff to Ferreira to Boulahrouz to Kezman to Arjen Robben to Wright-Phillips. Mourinho used to take things personal when players underperformed and would not even speak to them.

12) Hence, when we had injuries, he would try to fit square pegs in round holes (as with Essien)

13) or the substitutes would just not perform. He would scare the first team players with his harsh treatment of the substitutes.

14) Have you noticed that with all Mourinho teams that the first-team are always World Stars while the substitutes are always big flops?

15)Unfortunately, this abrasive management style does not last long. Eventually, it catches up with him - hence his fight with John Terry just before he left.

16) Chelsea is too big a club to be playing league-two tactics.

17) Finally, Mourinho is an extremely difficult character who makes childish unreasonable demands.

Too bad that at this hour on monday morning, i have to respond to you. Please try to reduce the epistle.

1) He did not make a single mistake against Barca, in fact that was his best match for chelsea when he pocket Ronaldinh completely and chelsea won by Drogba's goal. I wonder if you watch the matches sef.

2) Essien can even play as a goalkeeper, heis too good a footballer. He came to Chelsea as an attacking midfielder from Lyon. was converted to Defensive midfielder. The only problem he has in Defense is his height Nothing more. Heis our best player last season. Paoulo and Michael are better than your Buldozer.

3) we so much need a right back. Essien had been overused, JM did not want to buy from Abroad because of their usual "time to blend", Tal is probably our cheapest option then.

4) And Roman is so fool to bring Sheva at £30m and Ballck at £130,000 a week even though his contract had expired.

5) I am sorry to say this: You are a first class liar grin Alex cannot play in England at that time because UK immigration cannot allow him to play in england because he has not play 75% for his national team. For your information, He was even removed administratively when he arrived at heathrow because of his work permit complications. Please read this:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2138173,00.html

and

http://www.theoffside.com/leagues/england/english-premiership/alex-cant-beat-airport-security-defense.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/6274174.stm

6) No comment

7) The whole world knows about this.

coolOnly Last monday, Sheva was the captain of our reserve team. The english press says he had one shot at goal for 90 minutes. JM spirit is killing him true true grin

9)Is Benni the only striker in Porto. Is Benny similar to DD?

10) Do you know how many goals he scored for Chelsea? Do you know why he prefers Italy anyday?

11) Probably you live in Chelsea's training camp for you to know that.

Got to go back to bed.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 9:48am On Mar 10, 2008
Ibime:

1. No - The Petr Cech and Arjen Robben deals were agreed in January 2004. Mourinho joined in July. Mourinho didn't sign them - he just recieved delivery of them.

2. Did Mourinho leave us any such legacy except tens of millions of debt year in and year out? Anyway, enough praising of Arsenal before I am accused of being something I am most definitely not.

3 .Our centre-back Boulahrouz was being played at right-back when he made a mistake against Barcelona. After that Mourinho refused to speak to him and preferred to play Essien or Ferreira at centre-back when Terry and Ricky got injured. This decision cost us points against Reading, Fulham, Liverpool and Tottenham in the Carling Cup and also left us weak in midfield. Ferreira and Essien were brutally exposed in the air and both made mistakes in every game over december and January when we lost points. Now, I don't care who you are - you cannot tell me that Essien and Ferreira are better centre-backs than Boulahrouz. Yes, Boulahrouz made a mistake in the last game of the season - but that was after 6 months of inactivity and low-confidence instilled by Mourinho. Before that, he was always reliable both for Hamburg when they won the German league and for the Dutch national team. I will come back to this point later.

4. So Roman told Mourinho to take Alex back from his loan at PSV. Mourinho said no - and went out of his way to make a DVD for Roman showing all of Alex's faults. He insisted on Ben-Haim.

5. Also, you claim Roman signed Sheva and Ballack. Has Mourinho ever publicly come out and said he didn't want Sheva and Ballack? NO! Roman signed them - but he cosigned the deals. Also, he should deal with it - its not like Roman went and bought League one players for him. Besides, do Moratti, Jean-Michel Aulas and Berlusconi not sign player? Yet their teams are succesful. The fact is that Mourinho killed Sheva - as he did to Boulahrouz and Ferreira. You cannot tell me Sheva lost all his class over the course of one summer. Mourinho got a Rolls Royce and tried to turn him into a work-horse. In the process Sheva started running too hard and lost all the power in his legs as well as his confidence. Sheva even employed extra fitness trainers in his anxiousness to please Mourinho and in the process, he flogged himself into the ground. Now, his legs are gone. If you doubt, go and watch the first Charity shield match he played for Chelsea and compare it to now - you will see that he has lost all the power in his legs. All because Mourinho wanted to turn him into a Didier Drogba type of player. If you look all through Mourinho's career, he only likes playing with big strong African battering-ram strikers. For Drogba, substitute Benni McCarthy. Hence - Hernan Crespo did not succeed at Chelsea.

6. Finally, the fatal flaw in Mourinho was that he alienated members of his squad -

7. Unfortunately, this abrasive management style does not last long. Eventually, it catches up with him - hence his fight with John Terry just before he left.

8. Mourinho is a good manager to have for four seasons - but not a manager to build decades of success on.

9. Even if they change manager, they still play the same way. It is instantly recognisable. As for Mourinho, we couldn't WAIT to change the style of football he introduced when he left. His legacy does not last. Chelsea is too big a club to be playing league-two tactics.

10. No - the fact is we are a big club. Roman spends lots of money and has a right to ask for a certain style of football. We spend enough money, not only to win - but to win handsomely.

11. And any other top manager in the World would produce with Roman's money - not only Mourinho - and they will also do it with a better style of play. Mourinho is just lucky to be followed by an idiot like Avram Grant. It makes him look good. The fact is, if Mourinho was followed by someone like Guus Hiddink, you would have forgotten Mourinho's name by now. So please let go of your emotional ties to Mourinho. He does not deserve cult status because he didn't do anything another top-manager wouldn't do with the money he had. In my opinion, he even wasted 50% of the money he was given.

12. Finally, Mourinho is an extremely difficult character who makes childish unreasonable demands. He has fallen out with everyone from Cruyff to Rijkaard to his own players. I do not blame Roman for falling out with him - it is something that happens frequently with Mourinho. Roman has also made many mistakes but he has also saved our club from bankruptcy otherwise we would be like Leeds are. So do not blame Roman - because you would probably be supporting Arsenal by now if not for him.

Anyway, sorry for the long essay - I just wanted to clarify some points which you guys seem to be missing.
1. Go over my quote, I said they were brought in not they were bought.

2. Ibime you probably joined Chelsea and indeed football when JM came into the helms of power at the Bridge. Ranieri is the reason we are in debt not JM, well other reasons exist but for now we will compare these two managers. Ranieri spent a total of about 120 million pounds in RA's first season just on transfers and brought in players with big wages but little to offer like Cresspo and Veron. He won nothing in that season to help upset those debts. JM spent about 80 million in his first season and about 32 million in his second season - thats a total of 112 million. He won the premiership, carling cup and got Chelsea to double their fan base each season. New fans were JM's fans not Chelsea fans. So he did considerably well to upset the debt. During his 3rd year of reign we all know he was not in charge of player acquisition.

3. Please leave out hearsay, blatant lies or mere assumptions when trying to make a point. How do you know who JM did or did not speak to? Can you offer concrete proof to support these insinuations? Now Bhoularouz was crap in England. He had a few good matches and much terrible ones. Each time we counted on him he clearly and woefully failed us. Need I remind you of Spurs Robbie Keane. Arsenal's match and the Barcelona mistake that led to the 2nd goal among others? The issue of his lackluster performance is proved beyond any doubt and is clearly of no fault of JM.

4. I think Akola has done well to reply to you here. You simply had your facts wrong

5. Oh dear Lord, you throw away hard facts and in place of that you substitute it with mere figments of your imagination. grin When the Sheva deal was done, who was in charge of the transaction? When did JM see Shevy? What did Alan Shearer and some other critics say about Shevy? Common man, these lies are totally unwarranted. Shevshenko's transaction was criticized by ex-footballers, managers and the media from day one. They rightfully claimed that Shevy has lost his speed and accuracy. Now that is JM's fault too? How totally absurd. Now your Hernan Cresspo excuse is purely laughable, how well did he do in the season at inter before he moved across to Chelsea? How did he do in Ranieri's first season? The guy was always injured and under performing. As a matter of fact he did better under JM scoring 12 goals for the season. Even when he went on load to Milan how many goals did he score? I guess all this is JM's fault too. You're a comic relief my friend grin grin

6. At best this is hearsay and at worst another one of your lies to prove a point wink Take it easy my friend. Tell me how does AG address this fact, does AG give out his list before a match, does he not let some top players walk back into the team. You must be mistaking JM for AG and trust me JM is not what you have so wrongly portrayed him to be in this instance.

7. Another one your hearsays. grin He fought with Terry? Really? What was the fight about? Who started it? Do you have proof?

8. A lot of fiction exists in your head

9. Dude your Barca analysis was way wrong. Barca just recently upped their game under Rijkaard, they've been through difficult times and had not won any trophies for a while now. Whether or not Arsenal would remain the same after Wenger leaves is open for discussion and I'm sure most people would argue against your point.

10. Chelsea was NEVER a big club until RA, I've been supporting Chelsea for like 12 years now and we have never had the chance to win anything except for like 2 FA cups, a few carlings and a cup winners cup. The best manager we had was Vialli when we played very beautiful footie and after JM, I could do with more trophies and standard than footie.

11. Fact is greater than assumption. Get any top manager to the Chelsea JM met or even the one he left and see what they can offer in 1 year then make this argument if their performance is viewed as satisfactory. Don't use assumptions in your head as points in an argument.

12. JM's character is not what we are debating. Arsene has his character of saying wrong things to the press sometimes. SAF has his character of bullying the FA and referees. Great managers possess strong character that make them stand out. This is nothing.

13. Look at the long essay you made me right, please keep your replies short to avoid this in future. Also base your arguments on pure and undiluted facts NOT assumptions, hearsays or blatant lies. You may want to do a few research too to help you out, try google wink grin Yeah and also understand my line of argument, for example look at NO. 1

Thank you once again and as a true fan try not to criticize your all time best manager in public anymore, If you have stayed up to 50 years as a fan, JM would be a god to you wink

Have a wonderful day!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:09pm On Mar 10, 2008
12) Hence, when we had injuries, he would try to fit square pegs in round holes (as with Essien)

## List the mistakes Essien made last season

13) or the substitutes would just not perform. He would scare the first team players with his harsh treatment of the substitutes.
### Kalou was a regular substitute last season and he scored 8 premiership goal better than Fabregas' 3 goals

14) Have you noticed that with all Mourinho teams that the first-team are always World Stars while the substitutes are always big flops?

Kalou is not a flop neither is Geremi

15)Unfortunately, this abrasive management style does not last long. Eventually, it catches up with him - hence his fight with John Terry just before he left.

##According to UK newspapers, he had a serious argument with JT because he ask him to go for proper medical examination to correct his yeye injuries.But JT want to come back to play every time. How many matches has he p,layed for Chelsea this season?

16) Chelsea is too big a club to be playing league-two tactics.

## Which tactics boy?

17) Finally, Mourinho is an extremely difficult character who makes childish unreasonable demands.

List them and lets have a look.

Mr, if you needed Chelsea's DVD for the past 5 years, i can gladly give you, maybe that would help you greatly in your research on Chelsea. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 1:14pm On Mar 10, 2008
@Ibime

I think you are a bit obssessed with your dislike for JM. . . The key point you are mising is STYLE. . . Muorinho had his style of play and he proved beyond any doubts that the style worked. . Every manager does have one and no matter how world class your players are . . they all have to fit into the style. . if not then it's wasted transfer. .

That Crespo did not sucseed under JM did not make him less of a Manager . . . Drogba was shit when he joined Chelsea . under JM he became a wonder of a striker. . . why do you think so. . The Stlye. .

If Drog joins Arsenal today he will not score a single goal in 20 games. . why? The Style. . .

Secondly

If Roman did not sign sheva and ballack who did? Firstly the both of them just past 29 when they arrived and the bridge. . . you think Muorinho signed a player that old to any team he'd ever been . . . .  You said he did not refuse . . what did you expect him to do? Go out on the streets with plackards screaming SOS . . Roman is pissing me off. . no way he was the employee. . he could not. .

Sheva lost the power in his legs because he came to the premiership at the age many of his mate are playing it cool. . . even if Ronaldo. . Ronaldinho . . Kaka transfer to the premiership under any manager in any team at 29, they will burn out in a matter of matches. . JM did not make Sheva lose shape . . it was doom waiting to happen. .  JM did not try to make Sheva a power horse. . . You need to be a power horse to play in the premiership in any of the big 4 . . because of the number of matches they have to play in a season. . Period

Do you think Ronaldo(ManU) is all skill and no power-horse in him. . . Why do you think Arsenal is losing steam towards the tail end of the Season?. . ,  . .  They've got no power horses in them. . . All flair . . no energy
Now JM was smart enouigh to know . . he saw the premiership and he knows what it deserves. . . That's STYLE . .

Thridly . . tell me one manager you know that gets all his transfers right . . I remeber Sir ALex getting it very wrong . . Js Park, Djemba Djemba, This over ratted brazillian right back (forgotten his name now) and so many others. . .  Veron was not a hit at ManU. . . so much noise about Merida being the next new thing at Arsenal.(He's on loan now) . . . Walcott is a hype. . Kuyt was a mistake. . . . Saha will never make it at ManU again. . . was Carrick worth 15million? . . . Its going to happen again and again . .

The differences between these guys are and JOSE was that they had time, money and Autonomy of transfer decisions. . . Where you not around when Roman wanted to buy Ronaldinho's contract from Barca. . ?

He was willing to pay the £85m buy out clause and offer him £185,000 a week salary. . . that would have been added to what Jose spent umh ?  Common!!!!!!!!!

You think I'd have some idiot come ikn and shout about positive every time he gets on TV and then end the season trophyless. . To hell with footie if footie is Arsenal's way of ending the season. . sorry Three seasons. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:18pm On Mar 10, 2008
@All

Waiting for our match against Derby at the bridge.

There will be some banner being displayed on the day.

Here is what Chelsea supporter's chairman has to say:

Trizia Fiorellino,

It was awful. Grant has changed a team of winners into 11 strangers. It shows our desperation that when we needed a goal we had to bring on Pizarro. Did their keeper have a save to make? We desperately missed Lampard and Drogba, but against Barnsley we should be able to cope. Essien and Wright-Phillips were particularly poor. You have to be worried now - the players have a huge lack of confidence. The West Ham result was papering over the cracks - they were woeful, whereas Barnsley, like Spurs, were up for it and beat us. Abramovich is going to have to face up to the fact that he has made a big mistake with Grant and get in someone new to salvage our season.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2008
Akolawole:

@All

Waiting for our match against Derby at the bridge.

There will be some banner being displayed on the day.

Here is what Chelsea supporter's chairman has to say:

Trizia Fiorellino,

It was awful. Grant has changed a team of winners into 11 strangers. It shows our desperation that when we needed a goal we had to bring on Pizarro. Did their keeper have a save to make? We desperately missed Lampard and Drogba, but against Barnsley we should be able to cope. Essien and Wright-Phillips were particularly poor. You have to be worried now - the players have a huge lack of confidence. The West Ham result was papering over the cracks - they were woeful, whereas Barnsley, like Spurs, were up for it and beat us. Abramovich is going to have to face up to the fact that he has made a big mistake with Grant and get in someone new to salvage our season.

I totally agree. . Akola.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:29pm On Mar 10, 2008
nateevs:

To hell with footie if footie is Arsenal's way of ending the season. . sorry Three seasons. . .

Abi o.

And the ironical thing is the fans and employer will not ask for his removal.

The guy(Wenger) don blindfold them sha. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 1:44pm On Mar 10, 2008
I agree with Trizia Fiorellino too . . . funny that the Chairman of an English Fan Club is Italian grin grin

Akolawole:

Abi o.

And the ironical thing is the fans and employer will not ask for his removal.

The guy(Wenger) don blindfold them sha. grin
Instead we have Ibime singing his praises. As if football is all about being tight-fisted and saving money.
Arsenal should leave football and open a back or an investment firm or something grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 1:49pm On Mar 10, 2008
Only heavens knows what goes on in that club . . . a manager goes trophyless for 3 seasons all in the name of building for the future and playing rubbish sexy football. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2008
And we have their fans coming here to say they have won the premiership anytime they where in form. That makes 3 seasons out of 10 of being in form under Wenger.

3/10 is an excellent score for those guys grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by 4Play(m): 2:00pm On Mar 10, 2008
3/10?Its actually 3/11.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 2:00pm On Mar 10, 2008
Ironically all my "women" are Arsenal.

But my number 1 is not blindfolded grin

I hope they dont lose the title sha.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 2:03pm On Mar 10, 2008
@Chelseans

2 Prominent managers complained like mad over the weekend.

I thought their fans always preach that they are immune to complaints tongue

Trust them, this will never be reported on Nairaland grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 2:04pm On Mar 10, 2008
@Akola @Somze

I just do not know what kind of confidence we have in the team but do you know that if we win all our remaining matches . . we win the league?

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.