Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,566 members, 7,972,134 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 01:46 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (300781 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2008
i kinda like d way jm aint our coach thir time around.benitey seems to underrtand
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 3:41pm On Apr 12, 2008
jm's tactics
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2008
jm's tactics
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 4:19pm On Apr 12, 2008
Well that's a plus . . . knowing Grant does not have a tactics wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 6:33pm On Apr 12, 2008
Make I ask una again. Would you guys like Michael Laudrup at the Bridge next season? Personally I would love to have him as our trainer. Watching his Getafe team this season, especially what they did to Bayern Munich. Even watching how he gets angry when his team are losing - or the tactics and great football his team play, not to mention that he is respected as a footballer and no Chelsea player would be able to talk down to him. I think Laudrup is my man for next season. He is certainly on Chelsea's list but Barca and Real Madrid want him as well. What do you guys think?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 7:20pm On Apr 12, 2008
@Ibime

Are you kidding ? Trainer ? I will love him as Coach! nothing less. . . The guy is phenomenal. . . the football they play at Getafe is out of this world. . . The physical fitness of his boys is something to write home about. I'm sure you saw what they almost did to Bayern. He subs and it make all the difference. I saw their matches against Barca and Real this season, ahhhhhhh!!!! breath-taking. Plus he's done all this on a little budget.

If he is given funds to manage a bigger club I have no doubt in mind he will perform. He will also be able to attract spanish players and he will give a lot of youngsters lots of opportunities. You don't know how much I want him here. If he is ever appointed coach . . the type of football he will bring will mean that Drogba, Lampard, Ballack(for age reasons), SWP, Malouda, Essien are all out!!! Essentially all the players that need two touches to do things will not be able to cope. .

I will want him !!! Totally
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 8:02pm On Apr 12, 2008
I want him. You want him. We want him but DOES AB WANT HIM. . . THIS AUTOCRACY IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:42pm On Apr 12, 2008
I've not watched Getafe recently but you should know that managing unknown players is different from managing a team of egos. Can he build a mentally strong team, a formidable tactical side? Will he win the respect of the players?

We play in big competitions in Europe, we play on on Live Sky TV grin grin
Most times we only play to win. We may just need someone who is accomplished. Who can switch easily from entertaining style of play, to a pure fighting and wining game.

I have a wish list -

Lippi and Zola
Hiddink and Steve Clarke
Luiz Felipe Scolari and Steve Clarke
Didier Deschamps and Clarke
Micheal Laudrup

Which will you guys prefer?

And about the exodus, it must not affect the core of the team unless we need to afford the manager the luxury of building time . . . do we have such luxury?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 12:36am On Apr 13, 2008
somze:

We may just need someone who is accomplished. Who can switch easily from entertaining style of play, to a pure fighting and wining game.

I have a wish list -

Lippi and Zola
Hiddink and Steve Clarke
Luiz Felipe Scolari and Steve Clarke
Didier Deschamps and Clarke
Micheal Laudrup

Trust me, his teams have a winning mentality. They had a man sent off against Bayern in the 1st minute and still went on to lead 3-1. If not for their goalkeepers errors, they would have won the game comfortably. Not to mention their 1-0 win at Camp Nou.

All the above you mentioned are good candidates. I am not sure about Lippi sha. His style of play is very stiff and he may have problems adapting to English football. I don't think he has ever coached outside Italy unless I am mistaken. Deschamps, I am not sure - his Monaco team was poor with the exception of the Champions league final run which he meekly surrendered to Mourinho. He also did not have the belief that Juventus could challenge for Champions League this season so he left - something that Tinkerman Ranieri is doing quite comfortably. I think that shows a lack of self belief on his part. For me sha, the two outstanding candidates are Hiddink and Laudrup for now. Big Phil also - although we have never seen him coach a European club side. Based on his age, his status as a player - and his footballing philosophy, I would like to see us give Laudrup a shot.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ituen(m): 7:18am On Apr 13, 2008
You guys forget one thing

1. the owner of the club decides who stays as coach or who goes

2. a good coach must learn to manage players even though they are all stars. if laudrup comes, must he change players? He must learn to adapt. thats y being a coach aint a day's job. Getafe may be a small club with unknown players but if/when he comes to chelsea, will he do away with stars?

Mustay,
We gotta do wat Roman wants. Na im money.

OR

Make we try raise money, but the club from im hand
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 10:15am On Apr 13, 2008
The divorce between ownership and management!
D man should reduce his interference in the team's management. His undue interference has caused more problems than necessary. Does he disturb his moscow team like this? He should just copy man city's THASKIN; provide the finance and lay down the objectives you want your money to achieve!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 11:10am On Apr 13, 2008
David Bentley will choose between either Liverpool or Chelsea as the Premier League giants wage a £15m fight for the Blackburn star this summer. (News of the World)

But Chelsea will be splashing the cash themselves with Roman Abramovich signing off £100m for Avram Grant to target players such as Gareth Barry, Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero and Lyon's Karim Benzema. (Sunday People)

Chelsea have been given renewed hope of signing £25m-rated Sevilla full-back Dani Alves after comments from the player hinting he wants to leave the Spanish club. (News of the World)
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2008
" roman abrahamovich shining off £100 m for avram grant to target players such as. . . ."
that must be a joke!

@bluehorizo can u please stop posting backpages' gossip columns? Thanks
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2008
. . . Cos sooner than later, gossips will be what we discuss here rather than serious matters.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 12:13pm On Apr 13, 2008
" roman abrahamovich shining off £100 m for avram grant to target players such as. . . ."
that must be a joke!

@bluehorizo can u please stop posting backpages' gossip columns? Thanks
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Hugoboi(m): 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2008
Chelsea have been given renewed hope of signing £25m-rated Sevilla full-back Dani Alves after comments from the player hinting he wants to leave the Spanish club. (News of the World)

** groans **

Oh not again!!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 12:48pm On Apr 13, 2008
Please we don't want any of those players especially not for those prices. The only one we have concrete interest in is David Bentley and I wouldn't pay more than £10m for him. Aiden McGeady is better than him anyway. We should be getting the likes of Quaresma and Diego Capel instead. Capel wouldn't cost more than £10m. Which paper is saying we are still interested in Dani Alves. This is just lazy journalists regurgitating the same old stories. Benzema, Aguero, yada yada yada.

Anyway, read this:

http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=657409

The Chelsea dressing room was the scene of more unrest in midweek after Chelsea captain John Terry laid into his team mates after the Blues’ win over Fenerbahce, reveals the News of the World

Television cameras picked up the defender storming off the pitch after the final whistle and now the paper has revealed that Terry was so disappointed with his team’s performance that he couldn’t wait to get back into the dressing room.
Despite Chelsea winning the game 2-0 and thus booking themselves a semi-final spot in the Champions League against Liverpool, it is thought that Terry was unhappy with the way his team played the game was and couldn’t wait to tell his team mates exactly what he thought of them.

Apparently Terry is so concerned with the way his team’s performances have dipped in recent weeks that his desperate rant was designed to shake some of his team mates out of their comfort zone and ensure that they do not end the season empty-handed.

Despite being on a long unbeaten run in the league, stretching back to December, Chelsea have been facing criticism in recent weeks for their lack of goals and flair, especially when compared with some of the football being played by title rivals Arsenal and Manchester United.

Terry meanwhile is anxious that nothing is being done to halt the slide in performance level and rather than wait for manager Avram Grant to take charge of the situation decided to take the matter into his own hands.

It is reported that Terry singled out team mates Michael Essien, who was booked in the last minute of the game and will miss the first leg of the semi-final through suspension, and striker Didier Drogba for particular criticism.

Drogba, as has been reported many times already this season, is thought to be unsettled as it is at Stamford Bridge and looking to leave at the end of the season and this episode is only likely to have reinforced his desire to quit the West London club.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by deola1(m): 1:21pm On Apr 13, 2008
Tell me d sky is blue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Hugoboi(m): 1:51pm On Apr 13, 2008
The Chelsea dressing room was the scene of more unrest in midweek after Chelsea captain John Terry laid into his team mates after the Blues’ win over Fenerbahce, reveals the News of the World

Television cameras picked up the defender storming off the pitch after the final whistle and now the paper has revealed that Terry was so disappointed with his team’s performance that he couldn’t wait to get back into the dressing room.
Despite Chelsea winning the game 2-0 and thus booking themselves a semi-final spot in the Champions League against Liverpool, it is thought that Terry was unhappy with the way his team played the game was and couldn’t wait to tell his team mates exactly what he thought of them.

Apparently Terry is so concerned with the way his team’s performances have dipped in recent weeks that his desperate rant was designed to shake some of his team mates out of their comfort zone and ensure that they do not end the season empty-handed.

Despite being on a long unbeaten run in the league, stretching back to December, Chelsea have been facing criticism in recent weeks for their lack of goals and flair, especially when compared with some of the football being played by title rivals Arsenal and Manchester United.

Terry meanwhile is anxious that nothing is being done to halt the slide in performance level and rather than wait for manager Avram Grant to take charge of the situation decided to take the matter into his own hands.

It is reported that Terry singled out team mates Michael Essien, who was booked in the last minute of the game and will miss the first leg of the semi-final through suspension, and striker Didier Drogba for particular criticism.

Drogba, as has been reported many times already this season, is thought to be unsettled as it is at Stamford Bridge and looking to leave at the end of the season and this episode is only likely to have reinforced his desire to quit the West London club.

I sense a heavy storm.Thats wat happens wiv losers.United we stand

United To The Graveyard
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 3:23pm On Apr 13, 2008
Its good that Liverpool are winning. Hopefully that will demoralise Everton for Thursday's match. Let us pray Arsenal also get a result at Man Utd.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 7:00pm On Apr 13, 2008
I'd always known Arsenal would mess up. Same old goõners!

@ ibime when the season is coming to a close, teams play their best. Liverpool's win would put more pressure on Everton to at least, get a draw against us!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 7:45pm On Apr 13, 2008
Oh well, we can give the title to Man Utd.

It's in their hands now . . . fully

And we meet them during the same period when we have the Semis with Pool.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 7:54pm On Apr 13, 2008
It's in one of THEIR HANDS not fully in their Hands!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 7:57pm On Apr 13, 2008
Can you imagine Roman wants us to play like Arsenal? Like where has it got them?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 8:55pm On Apr 13, 2008
What somze didn't point out that is that right now, Chelsea and Man U are in d same position. Both teams r gunning for the premiership; both teams are gunning for the Champions League too. The only difference is that d man u camp is confident with sir alex, the chelsea team ain't with Grant. The week manu plays chelsea, both teams play Barça and Liverpool respectively. As much as we worry about Liverpool, they r also worrying about Barça! I give the chances of winning the league between both teams-

manu 60%
chelsea 40%

we have a better chance at the ucl should we scale the liverpool hurdle.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 9:01pm On Apr 13, 2008
What somze didn't point out that is that right now, Chelsea and Man U are in d same position. Both teams r gunning for the premiership; both teams are gunning for the Champions League too. The only difference is that d man u camp is confident with sir alex, the chelsea team ain't with Grant. The week manu plays chelsea, both teams play Barça and Liverpool respectively. As much as we worry about Liverpool, they r also worrying about Barça! I give the chances of winning the league between both teams-

manu 60%
chelsea 40%

we have a better chance at the ucl should we scale the liverpool hurdle.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 9:05pm On Apr 13, 2008
Funny enough. The arsenal fans are using AG has a standard of 'success'. Apparently, they r vexed an OLODO like grant can take the title and get to the ucl semi
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by hephem(m): 10:05pm On Apr 13, 2008
my greatest fear right now is that, if we eventually win man u at SB and we go on to win the remaining matches. At the same time, man u winning the other matches, thereby bringing about a tie on points. DO YOU THINK WE CAN MERGE THEM ON GOALS? can you imagine the differences in goals.

OUR ATTACKERS ARE NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by topssy(m): 11:39pm On Apr 13, 2008
Hi guys,checkout my site www.destinyndreamz.co.uk
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 8:42am On Apr 14, 2008
There have been some unbelievable quotes from Chelsea staff recently:

Kenyon: "Grant does not have to win anything to remain as coach next season."

Grant: "Although Milan are interested in Sheva, I want to keep the same squad for next season and I want Sheva to be here next season."

The only explanation for Kenyons quote is that he doesn't want Grant to lose face with the players especially with some crucial games coming up.

As for Grants quote, I guess Mr Abramovic is tryin to get as much money as he can from Milan.

Otherwise, both quotes seem completely out of place with the reality of the situation.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 9:47pm On Apr 14, 2008
the 1st half of this match was annoying. No lamps. 2nd half- joe cole is so beautiful with his DETERMINATION. he's a motivating factor for the Essien goal. we're actually not playing like we want the 1st position.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 9:48pm On Apr 14, 2008
God bless Cech for that save!

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.