Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,729 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:47 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (291621 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal(m): 8:46pm On Jun 17, 2008
debosky:

Carrick 'winning' but no place in the English national team - a winner indeed. Real players want to play footie, not sit on the bench and 'claim' titles ok?

I see your stupidity is still very evident -- Becks, Ruud, Andy Cole, were they bought as 'squad players' or people intent on getting into the first team? Quaresma would have been a bencher like Carrick for the most part, hence his reluctance to come, even if offered. YOu get to a certain stage in your career that playing a bit part is no longer sufficient.

how was Tevez 'big time'? He was playing with all due respect in West Ham before coming to Utd, lets leave his S/A experience out of this - in that regard, he was still an emerging player not an established core player with numerous Titles under his belt. But I forget, this is the recto-cranial inverted Jackal I'm talking to. tongue

You are still a fool even after all these months of ma relentless tutorials to train ya on how to analyse. Shame on you!

Carrick was always a team player. He was always starting with Scholes in the central midfield and has improved considerably since joining United.
A player that had 52 appearances which includes 33 league appearances and 12 UCL is not my idea of a bench player unless one is as stupid as Debo.
Playing for the national team can sometimes be political. How many times did Elber play for Brazil, u doofus?

Quaresma wouldn't have been a bencher. Carrick was never a bencher when he joined.
In his debut season, he had 31 league apparances and a total of 48 appearances all season. . . . What does that tell u? Mr muggins?
Tevez is a big time player, if u don't know. .  now u know!!!!
He went to the world cup with Argentina and his national team manager prefers him to Crespo. How can a player who has represented n scored for his country in the world cup and olympics be an emerging player. . . . . You are more foolish than i initially thunk.
Restrict yourself to your professional thong-washing and leave footie for peops like us.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by debosky(m): 8:56pm On Jun 17, 2008
Stop ranting like a madman and so slobber off somewhere else, preferably with Razorr tongue

@ Muki

I apologise for the insults, but you know how we do in Sports, a little insulting is unavoidable wink

Jackie boy, the Carrick thing was a dig at ya, good to know you're still on the ball - but I insist, Quaresma would have been a bit player like Nani in the current MU squad if Giggs and co played as often as they did. But I disagree on the olympics issue - its like saying Mobi Oparaku or Teslim Fatusi were not emerging players because they played and scored for Nigeria at the olympics? grin grin Are they now world stars simply because they played for their national teams? Vela has played for his national team and scored too - is he now a 'big time' player? Try to be more rational at times mate.

PS - Eric Abidal has shown once again that Domenech is clueless - you leave Mexes, Sagna and Clichy and you take Abidal and Boobsong?? France is finished.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal(m): 9:07pm On Jun 17, 2008
@ Debosky,

So u wanna compare African talents to South Americans/Europeans?
How many African players have actually defied all the odds to become great after featuring for Nigeria in age-grade competitions.
Compare Messi to Mikel. . . . .Bojan to Chrisantus. . . . Agahowa to Ronaldinho. . . . I can go on and on.
Player development of African players is the worst production line(It's in the guiness book of records).

Vela has played for national team? Where? In a world cup competiton or at the Olympics?
Any Arrow can play for country in friendlies or qualifiers. . . . . That does not count here.
Apache is a brand in Latin America . . . . Continent's best player for 3 seasons in a row is not ma idea of an emerging player.

Respect El Apache. . . . . . He is god!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dapsycool(m): 9:23pm On Jun 17, 2008
So all of una still dey alive? World War 7, for turning this holy thread to a war zone,gbogboyin ma run down!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 9:05am On Jun 18, 2008
undecided undecided
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by codedguy1(m): 9:11am On Jun 18, 2008
Nice debates going on . . . , and really interesting.

mukina2:

Cant we post without insulting?

I know most post has relevant info, but if this continues i'll delete the posts.

If you want your post to stay, because of the info in it,post without attacking posters.

So why will you delete the posts ?. . . . . .Why not lock the thread as you did the tomfoolery thread.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 9:23am On Jun 18, 2008
mukina2:

Cant we post without insulting?

I know most post has relevant info, but if this continues i'll delete the posts.

If you want your post to stay, because of the info in it,post without attacking posters.

WHat do u expect when there is a jungle rat in here, he(jackal) gat no respect. and hes so stupid , ignorant and stubborn. How i wish his life is in my hands angry angry angry

Up Dutch!!! there are doing it again against sweden or russia,

Dutch for lifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 9:34am On Jun 18, 2008
dutch for life

na chelsea be that?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 10:33am On Jun 18, 2008
Looks like Chelsea are chasing Ivan Rakitic to replace Lampard. Now this is a playmaker I definitely like.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=739659

[center]Chelsea Chasing Croatia Star [/center]
Chelsea are the latest name to be linked with a summer swoop for Croatia midfielder Ivan Rakitic, who has already attracted strong interest from some of Europe’s heavyweights…

20-year-old has been one of Croatia’s standouts at EURO 2008 thus far, more than holding his own in a midfield containing the likes of Luka Modric and Niko Kranjcar.

The Schalke playmaker has been pushed out to the right side of midfield by Slaven Bilic, where his technique, vision and link play have attracted significant attention.

Juventus have tagged the former FC Basel man as a potential successor to Czech legend Pavel Nedved, while Internazionale have also expressed an interest.

And now The Sun reports that Chelsea have been checking out the Swiss-born Croat, who is expected to cost around ₤12million.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has been in Austria to watch his native Russia compete in Group D, and will no doubt have kept a close eye Rakitic’s efforts as Croatia topped Group B.

Incoming Blues boss Luiz Felipe Scolari may also get the chance to have a good hard look at the exciting youngster, as his Portugal side could well meet the Vatreni in the semi-finals.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 10:49am On Jun 18, 2008
How about Hernanes to replace Frankie? Scolari should make an effort to bring this guy to Chelsea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOLEaD4270
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 3:32pm On Jun 18, 2008
jackal,

"lucho, lisandro, pepe, moutinho, Fabio Coentrao, Yannick Djaló"

are they all twats because fergie didn't sign them
where was fergie looking when messi was on the market ?
stop spewing coagulated shyte ! fergie is a bloody human being !

razorr,
i assume ur beef with RQ was roused when u started doing "you know what" with jackal.
those who've been on here for a while will remember when u were rooting for RQ everyday. now he's a phony
i'd advice you stopped feeding on jackal; and things related to jackal !!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 3:49pm On Jun 18, 2008
@ Wormy

Fabio Coentrao is a beast. His left foot is too much. I hope he will be able to establish himself at Benfica next season and at Chelsea the season after. He did very well on loan at Nacional Madeira.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal(m): 4:06pm On Jun 18, 2008
@ Wormy,

U spew some unadulterated crap.

How many players can Fergie sign at a time? How could he have signed Messi who got shipped to Barcelona at the age of 8?
All the other players u have mentioned are craps compared to Rio, Vidic, Evra, Scholes, Rooney and Owen.
Fergie is not human. . . . . .Fergie is god.

Whats your fuss with Razorr? Can't a gurl air her opinion on a public forum?
Heard u are shipping Sidwell to Aston Villa. What is it about your classless outfit that u buy a player this season and sell in the next.
Del Horno, Boulahrouz, Maniche, Sidwell and many more. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 4:40pm On Jun 18, 2008
jackal,

reefers' no good to ur reasoning faculties !

it's quite amazing ur figured fergie has limits to his signings.
meawhile, you'll have us all believe he didn't sign RQ cos the lad is crap !
when will you stop fooling urself le chac

ibime,
jackal's always on a row !
according to him;

Daniel Rose, Phil Marsh, Adam Eckersley, Florent N'Galula, David Bellion, Eric Djemba-Djemba, Liam Miller

were not signed by fergie; that's why they are no hits !!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal(m): 4:48pm On Jun 18, 2008
@ Wormy,

Now u are veering off topic.
Lets keep our eyes on the ball while we debate. . . . . .
The main issue we have to crack is: Can Quaresma still reach his maximum potential?

Forget the dud players Ferguson signed. . . .Every manager has signed dud at one point or the other.
However, Chelsea's duds under Abrahamovic is humungous and they all play for one season before getting shipped off like sugarcanes.
All the players u mentioned Fergie signed spent more than one season at Man Utd. . . . In your outfit, they spend 9 mths(max). grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 11:05am On Jun 19, 2008
I dislike this thread when there are less chelsea activities sad
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2008
[center]I Want Deco, Lampard And Drogba - Mourinho[/center]
Jose Mourinho admits that he would like to bring Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard and Deco to Inter.

The ‘Special one’, who won major titles with the Chelsea duo and a Champions League with Deco, insists that he would like to be re-united with those players as he continues to strengthen the Nerazzurri.

Reports have been rife over the club’s penchant for all three players and Mourinho has confirmed his side may continue to try and bring them to Milan.   

“I am not nostalgic but I really like those three players, they helped me win some great titles,” Mourinho told ESPN.   

“I cannot forget Deco, Lampard and Drogba. These are players who I could never say no to.   

“I would love to work with them again in future but I am not too obsessed with this idea.   

“I don’t know which of the three will leave their clubs but we’ll see.”   

Mourinho also spoke about Adriano. The Brazilian hit-man has returned to Inter and is looking forward to a revival and the coach admits that he will give Adriano another chance.   

“Adriano? I am really curious about him,” said the coach.   

“He is a great player and I like him a lot. He is still young and he can recover for the lost time.   

“I want to talk with him and tell him what I think and I’ll see what he is thinking also.”   

Inter president Massimo Moratti has recently stated the club’s desire to bring in Frank Lampard from Chelsea and it might just happen following Mourinho’s call.   

Salvatore Landolina
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2008
Ibime:

[center]I Want Deco, Lampard And Drogba - Mourinho[/center]
Jose Mourinho admits that he would like to bring Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard and Deco to Inter.

The ‘Special one’, who won major titles with the Chelsea duo and a Champions League with Deco, insists that he would like to be re-united with those players as he continues to strengthen the Nerazzurri.

Reports have been rife over the club’s penchant for all three players and Mourinho has confirmed his side may continue to try and bring them to Milan.

“I am not nostalgic but I really like those three players, they helped me win some great titles,” Mourinho told ESPN.

“I cannot forget Deco, Lampard and Drogba. These are players who I could never say no to.

“I would love to work with them again in future but I am not too obsessed with this idea.

“I don’t know which of the three will leave their clubs but we’ll see.”

Mourinho also spoke about Adriano. The Brazilian hit-man has returned to Inter and is looking forward to a revival and the coach admits that he will give Adriano another chance.

“Adriano? I am really curious about him,” said the coach.

“He is a great player and I like him a lot. He is still young and he can recover for the lost time.

“I want to talk with him and tell him what I think and I’ll see what he is thinking also.”

Inter president Massimo Moratti has recently stated the club’s desire to bring in Frank Lampard from Chelsea and it might just happen following Mourinho’s call.

Salvatore Landolina

Bleep him , let him take all those players away, why is he acting so stupid, Is he richer than Abramovich, what is his problem? huh? let him go take them away from chelsea, I hate that comment, i want to re-unite with, Bleep off
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Angybabe(f): 3:52pm On Jun 19, 2008
@Dybaman
Is anything wrong with what the Coach said? Just curious though tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2008
JM is at it again, using mind games to unsettle our players. Not surprising.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:51pm On Jun 19, 2008
JM wants Lamps, Drog and Deco. . . I'm puzzled that annoys any Chelsea fan. . .' thot we all knew that for a while.

Looks like Big Phil can resume his job full time after being booted out by Ballack and Co. ok July 1st. At least scouting and speculation can begin

Let's begin to hear those coming. . . I can't wait for the season to start.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 9:57pm On Jun 19, 2008
Well Mourinho criticised Scolari for employing the zonal marking system from set-pieces. And what happened? Germany buried them from two set pieces where the marking was non-existent. I hope Scolari is not going to bring that zonal marking system to Chelsea because the way we mark at the moment is perfect. I am also dissapointed with Scolari for persisting with Simao through the whole tournament because he has been a flop. Nani or Quaresma would have been much better.

Anyway, I am happy Portugal are out so Scolari can start his work immediately.

I just noticed how much pace Bosingwa has. I never thought he was that fast. Damn that boy is quick. He also has a good cross. He reminds me of a right footed Patrice Evra although he does not enter into the tackles hard like Evra. With him and Essien in our side, we have too much pace, power, stamina and fury. We will be unstoppable.

@ Nateevs,

This 4-2-3-1 system is making waves o! Germany used it today with Simon Rolfes, Scweinsteiger and Podolski, Russia use a version of it with any three from Arshavin, Zyrianov, Saenko, Bilyadetinov and Zhirkov as do Holland with three from Kuyt, VDV, Van Persie, Robben and Sneijder and Zenith St Petersburg use it as well. It looks like an improvement on the rigid 4-3-3. It requires the three men behind the forward to be fast and extremely flexible. All need to be able to play centrally and the central guy needs to be able to play on the wing and also be able to dribble. It look like the closest thing to total football. Do you think we can effectively harness this system next season? For a start, you cannot play it with a striker like Drogba, nor with Lampard unless he drops back as one of the two central/holding midfielders. What players apart from Arshavin can play this system effectively? I still think VDV is too slow for the system but I am open to ideas for playmakers who are quick enough and skillul enough to play it.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 8:41am On Jun 20, 2008
JM was right to criticise Scolari on his zone marking system. I hope he does not use it here. Jose left us with the best defence in the world, I hope Scolari builds on that unlike AG.

Did you guys notice phenominal Ballack. Dude still has it in him. Wonder is he can take on the role of playmaking or holding midfielder here.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 9:53am On Jun 20, 2008
who again is this italian player, camerilli and i read that ronaldinho holding talks with scolari , shey he wan sign for himself niiiiiiiiii, grin grin grin, i bet after all this transfer period is over, Premiership teams are dead , very scared of chelsea , Manu will be the team to beat both in premiership and in europe, Anybody Manu finishing 3rd next season
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 10:26am On Jun 20, 2008
@ jackal

Jackass olodo , mad man ,, hahaha

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by stnkate(m): 12:05pm On Jun 20, 2008
Oh my God!
i dont know what to call all this man utd & arseanal fans,but some there to give them a name. i am a chelseafc fans for:
LIFE
TILL DEATH
TILL ETERNITY
IN HEAVEN
INSIDE THE GRAVE!
since my grandpa is a chelsefanz where do want me to be!@

send me message on stnkate1982@yahoo.com
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:11pm On Jun 20, 2008
@Ibime

I noticed Bosingwa from the first match at the Euros. .
Though some say it's not ideal to judge players on tournament, it nevertheless says a few things at least of the potential signing. . .

He was good. . . nice pace and his defensive awareness is impeccable. . .

I have talked about the 4-2-3-1. . .  Glad you know it can't be done with Lamps and Drog. . . That's a defensive one though, with two deep lying midfielders. . .
The attack format is a 4-1-3-2. . . replacing one defensive midfielder with a striker or least a support striker. . 

Arshavin can fit perfectly into the either formations. . . . I don't know if you know Veloso . . he is a deep lying defensive midfielder but with the Xabi Alonso or Viera type attack instinct. . . He (Veloso) can play in it as well. . .
I know very well Gomez will fit. . . Mario Boalletti . . . . Diego Ribas (though you won't agree with that),  . . While Ribery, Quaresma, Robinho or Messi can play wide in either formations. . . I miss Robben

Lest I forget, Ronaldinho and Kaka will fit as well. . . I hope you agree with the first. .

@Somze,

Sometimes I think Ballack needs some kind of motivation to bring out the best in him . . . He is still there you know. . . . The guy is Mr Germany.  I hope Scolari does not bring the Zonal marking rubbish to us here oooo. . . ask Benitez. .it's what he used all through last season. . it doesn't work . .
Well Scolari said before the match that the germans have the little inches over them in height. . he was right besides the Zonal thing. . Those german guys are mighty
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 12:30am On Jun 21, 2008
@ Somze and Nateevs,

One thing I will say about Ballack is that his fitness had really improved in the last year. I noticed that he covered more kilometres than anyone in the Champions League final. He also covered the most distance in Germany vs Portugal.

@ Nateevs,

When you have Essien as one of your two DM's it is like having an extra midfielder anyway so you don't need two attacking midfielders because his stamina is too much. Anyway one of them is not necessarily DM but a CM. It will be the perfect balance. Veloso is cool but I haven't really seen him dominate games maybe from not having that much stamina plus he is more a long-range passer. I haven't seen his short range game that much. Lovely left foot though.

Remember that in December and January, we won 9 games in a row playing this 4-2-3-1 formation:

Pizarro/ Anelka

Malouda                           Wright-Phillips                      Cole

Mikel/Maka                       Ballack

Cole                      Alex                            Carvalho          Belleti

This was Wright-Phillips best period in his Chelsea career. He played in that playmaker position but was able to pull wide as Arshavin does for Russia. Also because he is very quick, he quickly bridged the gap between midfield and attack. If we can get a playmaker who is also very fast then this system is a perfect system IMO. Arshavin is the best at playing that position simply because of his pace. I hate the slow build-up because defenders get back in their position that is why I have not agreed when you say you would like Diego or VDV - but if it is a very fast playmaker, I am all in favour.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by folahann(m): 1:39am On Jun 21, 2008
Finally i player will be having a pair unique boots just because of an incident

That player is John Terry, he slipped and fell when he wanted to take a penalty in the recent UCL final and Adidas

decides to make a special kind of boots for him. . . . it's really nice

good work by Adidas[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Solocent: 2:11am On Jun 21, 2008
Always a blue, blue runs in my blood and can't see myself supportring any other club throughout my lifetime.

Up Chelsea, Up Blue, Up Chelsea, SW6 will always remain a fortress.

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by sampo4eva(m): 5:16am On Jun 21, 2008
[color=#000099][/color]BLUES 4EVA
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by dyabman(m): 10:25am On Jun 21, 2008
@solocent,

Welcome oooooooooooooooo , chelsea for life

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.