Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,551 members, 7,921,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 05:46 PM

Mtn has finished my data - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn has finished my data (1186 Views)

Infinix Hot 3 Launched In Nigeria But I Think We Are Being Cheated / O_o Woman Dumps 13 Of Her Boyfriend's Apple Gadgets In Water Because He Cheated / MTN And Glo Have Cheated on Us. Airtel seems to be fair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn has finished my data by Eutelw4: 10:49am On Sep 02, 2008
Guys, yesterday i bought a one day data plan N500 4rm 6.30pm. I surf d web till 11.45pm. Hoping to continue 2morow till 6.30 of d same time. Only 2 recieve a text by 12.01am of d same day that MY ONE DAY HAS EXPIRED.
Re: Mtn has finished my data by nbolu: 1:04pm On Sep 02, 2008
do they deduct money according to d data u use
Re: Mtn has finished my data by Holyrule(m): 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2008
@poster .Eyah,
Take heart, All the same,fault noted. Thanks for letting us know smiley
Re: Mtn has finished my data by Eutelw4: 5:02pm On Sep 02, 2008
@bolu d money is deducted instantly once u text d code to 131 nd such plan will b enabled to u
Re: Mtn has finished my data by Alireta: 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2008
Eutelw4: Sorry about your experience. The MTN Daily Bundle is programmed to run roughly a 24-hour window of midnight to the next midnight. Regardless of what time of the day you activate it, the package expires anytime after 12 midnight. At times there is a delay in expiration till even after 2am.

Point: Do your activation after 12midnight or early in the morning when you get up from bed, and you'll get value.

Yes; MTN ought to have explained all this in clear terms. Its a shame they haven't.
Re: Mtn has finished my data by Bossman(m): 9:47pm On Sep 02, 2008
Thanks for the heads up. I planed on doing this daily when I visit for 10 days next week. Like you, I thought it's for a 24 hr. period. And, that's the way it should be. I am thinking their system only looks and calculates based on the date. So, it looks at the date it was initiated, and as long as you are within that date you are fine. They definitely need to update their application to also take the time into consideration when doing the calculation. In essence, it runs from 12.00 am to 11:59 PM. So, the earlier in the day (12.00am will be the best) you can initiate it the better.
Re: Mtn has finished my data by Eutelw4: 11:33pm On Sep 02, 2008
@reta nd bossman; well, it's ignorance. I think i've learnt a lesson! Ok' these means all other data tariffs will be the same. Any one subscribing 4 a month should take note, subscribe at the begining of a month. It seems their system is programmed well. The worst is that their customer care is not functioning, mail them they wont reply.
Re: Mtn has finished my data by geebola(m): 7:39am On Sep 03, 2008
guy plz how can i subscribe to d plan coz i also want to surfling d internet
Re: Mtn has finished my data by Alireta: 7:52am On Sep 03, 2008
Eutelw4: No; the other packages are not programmed the same way. At least we can speak authoritatively of the 30-Day, All-Day bundle. It is programmed to run for 30 days. We use this package at the office, and though we subscribed about 2 weeks ago, we haven't been cut-off yet, a few days into another month. We hope we don't get to eat our words though cheesy.

All days run 24 hours, so its easy to programme for 24 hours to start and terminate at a specific time. But some months are 31 days, some 30, some 29, and some 28. Programming the system to recognise months should pose a problem.
Re: Mtn has finished my data by Eutelw4: 8:41am On Sep 03, 2008
Alireta; no data limit?
Re: Mtn has finished my data by Eutelw4: 8:49am On Sep 03, 2008
Geebola, its simple. Text 1 to 131 to get tariff info. After that reply with the plan code to 131. But it seems some sim cards are not gprs enabled, ensure yours is enabled befor subscribing to avoid great loss. Most nokia phones have a service indicator G on top of the screen.
Re: Mtn has finished my data by geebola(m): 9:02pm On Sep 03, 2008
plz are they going to send me the settings or how am i going to do it
Re: Mtn has finished my data by Alireta: 9:21pm On Sep 03, 2008
@Eutelw4: Of course, there is a 3GB data cap on both 30-day plans.
Re: Mtn has finished my data by Eutelw4: 12:03am On Sep 04, 2008
Geebola, what type of phone are you using? Let me see if i can help you.
Re: Mtn has finished my data by Mercy4All(m): 11:54pm On Sep 04, 2008
@poster
did you know the terms and conditions apply to the package?
@all
let us try to know more about anything or package we want to pay for.
they say term and conditions apply! what are these terms and conditions?
you must know what it means.
Re: Mtn has finished my data by Smartsboy(m): 12:48am On Sep 05, 2008
smiley
Re: Mtn has finished my data by Mercy4All(m): 9:22pm On Sep 05, 2008
@smart$boy
shine your eye.
terms and conditions are very important in any contract.
Re: Mtn has finished my data by geebola(m): 12:52am On Sep 06, 2008
am using a nokia 6230i
Re: Mtn has finished my data by Mustay(m): 12:45pm On Sep 06, 2008
Mercy4All:

. . . and Nigerians ignore them
Re: Mtn has finished my data by hayprof(m): 7:13pm On Sep 06, 2008
hmn, nigerians nw knw wat a "Terms & Conditions" imply?

i say its over-too late. .
Re: Mtn has finished my data by milu4(m): 7:30pm On Sep 06, 2008
shine your eye.
Re: Mtn has finished my data by hayprof(m): 10:57pm On Sep 06, 2008
@ wat time. . .?

(1) (Reply)

Jim Iyke Is The Spokesperson For My Nigeria Mobile / Blocking 0f Stolen Mobile Phone / Caring For Your Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.