Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,113 members, 7,925,504 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 04:56 PM

72 Yr Old Man In Drug Net - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 72 Yr Old Man In Drug Net (1152 Views)

72 Years Old Man Seeks Dissolution Of His 44 Years Old Marriage / 107 Year Old Man Weds 95 Year Old Woman In Plateau / 72-year-old Granny Having An Incestuous Affair With Her Own Grandson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

72 Yr Old Man In Drug Net by DeepZone: 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2008
NDLEA arrests 72-year-old man for drug trafficking
By Chika Ezeokoli

OPERATIVES of National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) have arrested a 72-year-old man and two others for drug trafficking at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos.

advertisement

The suspect, Akiola Tubosun Salawu (72), reportedly swallowed 100 pieces of the substance that tested positive for heroin for N250,000 while two others identified as Rosemary Okonji (29) and Enoma Kelvin (37) were also accused of ingesting the substance.

NDLEA Chairman/Chief Executive, Ahmadu Giade, assured Nigerians that no effort would be spared in the agency's determination to rid the country of narcotic drugs.

He said: "The international rating of the agency is rising daily with the various arrests and seizures that we are recording. We will not relent on this all-important fight for a drug-free society. The dangers of illicit drugs are devastating to mankind. That is why we must put drug barons out of business".

Salawu was arrested on Monday, August 27, 2008, at 10.30 a.m. at the departure hall during the screening of passengers on Virgin Atlantic flight. An indigene of Abeokuta in Ogun State, Salawu, who allegedly confessed to have ingested 100 wraps of substance, had worked as a contractor for 37 years.

According to him, he got involved in the illicit trade because of financial difficulty. "It is lack of money that made me to carry drugs. I was financially distressed and things were so difficult because there were no more contracts. I swallowed 100 wraps of the drugs in one hotel in Mushin area of Lagos and they promised to pay me 250,000 to take the drugs to New York", he said.

He was quoted as saying that it took him over one hour to ingest the drugs and that he met his sponsor in a bar in Abeokuta. Salawu, who is married to a Ghanaian, has five children with the eldest being 43 years old and married with children. He has so far excreted 99 wraps of the drug.

Okonji was held on Tuesday, August 26, 2008, on her way to Prato, Italy, during screening of passengers on Alitalia flight. She was found with 73 wraps of cocaine weighing 1.435 kilogrammes. Okonji ingested 70 wraps and inserted two others in her anus and one in her private part because for 5,000 Euros.

According to her, "I have too many problems. I am not married but I assist my family in Nigeria. I invested 7,000 Euros that I borrowed from a friend in the deal with the hope of making 12,000 Euros".

She said it took her over three hours to complete the ingestion. Okonji pleaded for forgiveness from her mother whom she lied to that she was going to Lagos for the wedding of her friend. She hails from Asaba in Delta State but is based in Prato, Italy, where she works as a cleaner.

Enoma was arrested on the same flight with Okonji. He was caught with 66 wraps of cocaine weighing 747 grammes. A factory welder in Recanati, Italy, Enoma hails from Useni in Edo State.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/sep/2/25.html
Re: 72 Yr Old Man In Drug Net by DeepZone: 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2008
Is he looking for money for his own funeral?
Re: 72 Yr Old Man In Drug Net by Queenisha: 5:14pm On Sep 02, 2008
where was he as a young man? grin
how can he start swallowing drugs for sale now when he's about to lose control of his bowels?
people sef
and the other Italian based ashewo even stuffed  some of her cocaine in her private part and anus.
I guess a retired ashewo has a right to use her tolotolo as a means of transport part time.
I guess she'll add her special aroma to the cocaine snorters
Re: 72 Yr Old Man In Drug Net by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 02, 2008
Enoma Kelvin, all these funny names sef grin
Re: 72 Yr Old Man In Drug Net by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 02, 2008
And people wonder why Nigerians are routinely singled out at customs.

Or made to strip.
Re: 72 Yr Old Man In Drug Net by tundysho(m): 3:26am On Sep 03, 2008
These things beat my imaginatiion.are these drugs in such a high demand in europe.Thier being caught is as sure as daylight,yet they still try thier luck may be they can pass.It seems the punishment for these crimes are not that severe here in nija,in countries like singapore and indonesia,it attracts a death penalty when convicted
Re: 72 Yr Old Man In Drug Net by typical: 10:37am On Sep 03, 2008
tundysho:

These things beat my imaginatiion.[b]are these drugs in such a high demand in europe.[/b]Thier being caught is as sure as daylight,yet they still try their luck may be they can pass.It seems the punishment for these crimes are not that severe here in nija,in countries like singapore and indonesia,it attracts a death penalty when convicted

yes o. these drugs are in high demand in europe. people in Europe almost always try drugs agt some point in their lives and many of them continue forever. many politicians in britain smoke igbo and it is no big deal to them. many of the young people take different kinds of drugs and it is not a big deal. that's why it's better to educate our own children in 9ja
Re: 72 Yr Old Man In Drug Net by DeepZone: 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2008
where was he as a young man? Grin
how can he start swallowing drugs for sale now when he's about to lose control of his bowels?
people sef
and the other Italian based ashewo even stuffed some of her cocaine in her private part and anus.
I guess a retired ashewo has a right to use her tolotolo as a means of transport part time.
I guess she'll add her special aroma to the cocaine snorters

@Bold, Lmao. grin grin grin grin
Re: 72 Yr Old Man In Drug Net by Bossman(m): 9:15pm On Sep 03, 2008
I agree. the punishment in Nigeria is not as severe. However, the punishment in the West and most other countries is quite severe. These folks just do not care. They want to live big by all means. These are the a$$ holes that make things difficult for most of us. Nigerians as a whole have this reputation because of people like these. I do not have mercy for anyone. They should lock them up and throw the keys away.
Re: 72 Yr Old Man In Drug Net by timbabng(m): 10:39pm On Sep 03, 2008
pathetic
Re: 72 Yr Old Man In Drug Net by typical: 10:42am On Apr 07, 2009
Europeans should deal with their own people who are demanding the drugs too. Without demand, there'll be no supply

(1) (Reply)

The Other Woman / Your Thoughts / Please I Need Your Advice...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.