Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:30 AM

Woman Abandons Baby With Trader At Suru- Alaba Market - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Abandons Baby With Trader At Suru- Alaba Market (1253 Views)

Woman Abandons Baby In Day-care (PHOTO) / Pastor Abuses, Impregnates And Abandons Woman Seeking Spiritual Help / Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Abandons Baby With Trader At Suru- Alaba Market by Queenisha: 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2008
By MATTHEW DIKE
Monday, September 1, 2008

A heartless woman has abandoned a new born baby in a Lagos market after buying N800 T-shirt. The strange woman was said to have clutched a baby to a boutique at Suru-Alaba Market at the weekend. After paying Ahamefule Uwadileke N800 for the shirt, the woman begged him to look after the baby while she finds where to urinate.

The shop-attendant accepted the baby from her not knowing she had a different mission to accomplish.
It soon dawned on him that the woman had played a fast trick on him as he waited in vain for her arrival.
Uwadileke said that his elder brother, Okechukwu and himself had waited for several hours for the woman to come back and carry the baby boy. She had disappeared.

They carried the baby to Layeni Police Station, Ajegunle, where the Divisional Police Officer, Mr. L.F. Williams ordered that the baby be kept at Tolu Medical Centre, Ojo Road Ajegunle, a source said.
According to the same source, Williams said nurses in the hospital would be in a better position to look after the baby.

Uwadileke and Okechukwu on their own volition have deposited N3,000 out of the N5,000 demanded by the hospital as deposit.
They went further to buy baby food, pampers, feeders, etc for the baby, the source disclosed.
Uwadileke, described the woman as slim, tall and dark in complexion.
He also advised, “the suspect should know it is a sin against humanity to throw away a child, babies are sacred. The woman has sinned; she has committed a great sin, in the sight of God. May God forgive her,” Uwadileke said.
http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/ne, 9-2008-009.htm
Re: Woman Abandons Baby With Trader At Suru- Alaba Market by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 02, 2008
So sad.  sad God bless the men. At least the baby was put in the hands of good men not ritualists.
Re: Woman Abandons Baby With Trader At Suru- Alaba Market by Queenisha: 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2008
Life can be so unfair.
I have a friend here in the states, married for 10 years and no child and someone just abandons a baby.
Thank God she didn't throw the helpless child in the bushes or down a pit latrine like some others do.
Re: Woman Abandons Baby With Trader At Suru- Alaba Market by ssRhino: 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2008
This is realy sad, however, this tells you the level of what is happening in Nigeria, the woman shd have put the baby up for adoption, but i am kinda surprised as to why the clinic will ask for deposit, isnt it the duty of the govt to see how that lil boy will be taken care of?
Na wa oh
Re: Woman Abandons Baby With Trader At Suru- Alaba Market by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2008
$$Rhino:

This is realy sad, however, this tells you the level of what is happening in Nigeria, the woman should have put the baby up for adoption, but i am kind of surprised as to why the clinic will ask for deposit, isnt it the duty of the govt to see how that little boy will be taken care of?
Na wa oh

I was puzzled too. We have adoption agencies and orphanages in Nigeria but I don't think most people are aware of them.
Re: Woman Abandons Baby With Trader At Suru- Alaba Market by ssRhino: 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2008
stillwater:

I was puzzled too. We have adoption agencies and orphanages in Nigeria but I don't think most people are aware of them.

I guess they need better awareness of such then, cos there is no way to stop pple getting pregnant and aving the child even though they wont want the kids, and some of the orphanage too is just for raising money for their pocket.
Re: Woman Abandons Baby With Trader At Suru- Alaba Market by Outstrip(f): 8:38pm On Sep 03, 2008
How do they know that something bad did not happen to the woman. God help that child.
Re: Woman Abandons Baby With Trader At Suru- Alaba Market by coolier(f): 9:20pm On Sep 03, 2008
That is the height of poverty. Poor baby!

$$Rhino:

but i am kind of surprised as to why the clinic will ask for deposit, isnt it the duty of the govt to see how that little boy will be taken care of?
Na wa oh

Private clinics are not funded by the government. And even if they had taken the baby to a government hospital, they would still have asked them for a deposit, somebody has to be responsible for the upkeep of the baby except if the orders were from above!
Re: Woman Abandons Baby With Trader At Suru- Alaba Market by timbabng(m): 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2008
only God uunderstands

(1) (Reply)

Deposed Deji Of Akure’s Wife Dies / Wedding Day Blackberry Madness? Wife Pinging On Wedding Day / Who Has Used Indcook Induction Stove?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.