Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,329 members, 7,888,046 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:13 PM

Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? (10389 Views)

D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts / A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? / CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by opensesame: 8:39pm On Sep 06, 2008
Who's talking about dbanj, tuface and 9ice?
Look, they are good. no doubt. but do they have the needed exposure to get grammy nods? NOPE!

The one person remains ASA!!!!!!!

ASA FOR PRESIDENT!!!
ASA FOR PRESIDENT!!!
ASA FOR PRESIDENT!!!

But i have to admit that though she's rocked the whole of europe this year, she really hasn't quite been in the U.S yet.
and so she might only get nominated in the world categories

But i dont want to get too excited about grammy prospects for her.
She has touched most of the world with her music and i'm quite content with that

WE LOVE ASA!!!
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by obinna5000(m): 8:57pm On Sep 06, 2008
Asa has a chance of being nominated for a Grammy. One of d criteria of being nominated is to hav ur single or album released in d USA btw October 1 2007 to September 30 2008.cheesy
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by oraclefemi(m): 9:07pm On Sep 06, 2008
we have artiste with potentials that could , i mean could reach somewhere
Age Beeka,
Asa if she plays more like India Arie
Etcetera

not all them dbanj , nice and the rest of them , cuz grammy aint got no category for them!
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 06, 2008
Everyone is making noise about Tuface because he was the best African Act at a time when music in Africa was at an all-time low. His only good song ever is African Queen. And when I say good, I mean good, not what-you-like.
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by iceland(m): 10:26pm On Sep 06, 2008
E be like say una no know wetin dem dey call GRAMMY AWARD.It' not meant for Nigerians.Stop dreaming! angry
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by savanaha: 10:29pm On Sep 06, 2008
why doesn't Nigerians jsut create something as good as grammy or better rather than popping a blood vessel cause we might win something from another country and other people that don't really listen to our music and don't show award acceptance from people of other countries. Why don't we be more like the Chinese that emulate people in a better way rather than trying to be incorperated by other people. First you do their thing better in your own country and that is when they will be willing to accept you.
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Mrtcher: 8:36am On Sep 07, 2008
9ice can win it,but do we ever thin of Pasuma Wonder, grin
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by MustardInc: 11:39am On Sep 07, 2008
___________ SADE ADU & SEAL already WON GRAMMIES_________________

If anyone ELSE, I "ll BET it "ll be LAGBAJA or ASA

, hahaha who says ASA isnt good enough? OUTRAGEOUSLY INCREDIBLE INGENIOUSITY IN THAT YOUNG WOMAN! JUST need a MANAGER who knows about the GRAMMY stuffs,

Let's try ASA vs AMY WINEHOUSE?
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by kazeem4t(m): 12:30pm On Sep 07, 2008
I believe in Asa
obinna5000:

Asa has a chance of being nominated for a Grammy. One of d criteria of being nominated is to hav your single or album released in d USA between October 1 2007 to September 30 2008.cheesy
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by geolabious(m): 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2008
I don't think u all hav heard that

[size=14pt]Danfo Driver: They have been nominated for the Grammy award in Edo State[/size]

Thats make them dance lik this
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by bivins1(m): 4:27pm On Sep 07, 2008
SEAL already won a grammy for Nigeria and also Sade Adu. case closed
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by pfeifer(f): 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2008
oriental brothers ;d
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Gbosko: 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2008
I tot Mamanshata won grammy when he was alive? Otherwise, Victor Uwaifo will definitely win grammy in 2010! embarassed
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Ibomade2: 7:28pm On Sep 07, 2008
ASA !!!!!!

all the way
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Mrtcher: 9:58pm On Sep 07, 2008
geolabious:

I don't think u all hav heard that

[size=14pt]Danfo Driver: They have been nominated for the Grammy award in Edo State[/size]

Thats make them dance lik this
Danfo Whhhatttt? angry
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by RichyBlacK(m): 12:54am On Sep 08, 2008
Who wan try Father U-Turn?

Na Father U-Turn o!
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by georgee(m): 7:03am On Sep 08, 2008
K-One will win Grammy in only they include FUJI category.
Talking about fuji music, the guy is just 3 much with the michrophone,
He's 2 gifted.
My own opinion
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 08, 2008
ASA, anyday anytime.ofcourse she be the only wey fit compete internationally.men, i love that girl.
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by DeepZone: 8:58am On Sep 08, 2008
Lagbaja, Femi or KWAM 1.
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by slyk2(m): 11:07am On Sep 08, 2008
until more comes on board.
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by carmelily: 11:46am On Sep 08, 2008
Fela Anikulapo-Kuti
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by kemisuga(f): 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2008
STYL PLUS
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by md4real(m): 1:17pm On Sep 08, 2008
Grammy for a nigerian artist? it either tu face or Asa! their song have substance.
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by olumina: 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2008
Hey guyz , we should always appreciate what we have. Tell me, what is special in the grammy of a thing. most nigerians listen to Naija Jams. They should do thier own grammy while we do ours. we should not see anything the white does as the best . we av great and yet to be discovered talents in Nigeria
God bless Nigeria, Amen
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by olumina: 2:18pm On Sep 08, 2008
NO DOUBT ABOUT THIS , ASA IS THE BEST AMONG THE UPCOMING ARTIST. I APPRECIATE ARTIST THAT CAN PERFORM LIFE STAGE PERFORMANCE NOT SO SO MIMING . THOSE WEY DEY DO SO SO MIMING , I CALL THEM HUNGRY ARTIST, I APPRECIATE FELA THE GREAT , FEMI KUTI , , LAGBAJA , SUNNY NNEJI, TY BELLO,
I JUST WANT TO TELL THOSE HUNGRY ARTIST TO DEVELOP THEMSELVES TO BE ABLE TO PERFORM LIVE ON STAGE
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by feg: 2:48pm On Sep 08, 2008
but why shouldnt we mention seal , he is nigerian afterall,
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by tetmosol(m): 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2008
[center][/center][b][/b]
NO DOUBT IS THAT MAN CALLED 9ICE
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by jaybaby(f): 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2008
A-s-A
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by alanrewaju: 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2008
9ice
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by cgift(m): 6:06pm On Sep 08, 2008
I think we need a poll here. Admin, could you add one as i can see that it is between Asa, 2Face, and 9ice. then you can add Others making four options.
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Baro(m): 10:32pm On Sep 08, 2008
Faze
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Morenike3(f): 10:34pm On Sep 08, 2008
Infinity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Video: M.I Abaga – “lekki” Ft. Odunsi, Falz, Ajebutter 22 / DOWNLOAD MP3 DJ Sumbody – Monate Mpolaye Ft. Cassper Nyovest, Thebe & Veties / LYRICS: Major Lazer Ft Nasty C, Ice Prince, Patoranking & Jidenna – Particula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.