Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,167 members, 7,907,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 03:10 AM

Virus On The Punch's Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Virus On The Punch's Website (1015 Views)

Punch Website / Punch "website" Strikes Again / Punch Website At It Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Virus On The Punch's Website by Nobody: 2:15am On Sep 04, 2008
Just found out there's a virus on The Punch Newspaper's website (www.punchontheweb.com). Do not visit until further notice for the health of your computer. On visit, Punch connects to the website, cq455 dot com. See what google says about that site. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cq455&start=10&sa=N , If you have a sensitive antivirus, it will scream its brains out.
Re: Virus On The Punch's Website by yawatide(f): 12:13pm On Sep 04, 2008
I knew it! First, last week, I posted here about that site redirecting to another site. Second, since, I have not been able to read news from that site. It just hangs.

Oh well, I guess that is what you get when you are the most visited Nigerian website (according to ALEXA) in the world.

LESSON OF THE DAY:
Granted a site is only as secure as the owners make it, one must strive to make such sites as Punch to be as secure as possible cos there is so much bad belle out there.

(1) (Reply)

Web Hosting Help Needed. / 100,000 Visitors From Twitter Each Month / F: R: E: E Webhosting( 1g, 4g, Available: Oto Offer For New Websites, Clients)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.