Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,797 members, 7,972,847 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 08:02 PM

Letters To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Letters To God (813 Views)

Pope John Paul Secret Intimate Letters To A Married Woman Revealed / See What This Dude Is Giving To God / My Letters To God... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letters To God by pope732901(m): 9:29am On Sep 04, 2008
I've decided to start an online collection of "Letters to God." The purpose is to get people thinking about God, and hopefully talking to Him, both Christians and non-Christians. Many of the letters are fictional, which is why I've created a new forum instead of posting them in the prayer forums.

The first 1400 or-so letters were entries in a writing contest I sponsored. You will read letters from around the globe including the USA, Australia, India, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, South Africa, Nigeria, Philippines, Malaysia, Canada, Nepal, Italy, Botswana, England, Zambia, Vietnam, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Ethiopia, Israel, Morocco, Ireland, Romania, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, Finland, Malta, Indonesia, Moldova, Puerto Rico, Kenya, Serbia, Uganda, Belgium, Tanzania, Singapore, New Zealand, Ukraine, Jordan, Qatar, Algeria, Mauritius, Nepal, Germany, Liberia, Scotland, and Bulgaria just to name a few!

Beware that a lot of the letters are not edifying from a Christian standpoint. It is my hope that those letters will fill you with COMPASSION for those who speak to God without knowing Him. Many people take the opportunity to curse God instead of Praise Him.

I am amazed at the percentage of people who are angry at God; who have turned away from Him as a result of pain in their lives. Others are afraid that God is angry at them; only waiting to punish them for their sins. I was brought to tears several times as I posted the initial batch of letters, realizing how SO MANY people have misconceived perceptions about God!

On the other hand, many of the letters are written from the hearts of sincere believers, and as you read those ones, I hope you will be encouraged and INSPIRED to write your own letter to God!
Re: Letters To God by ula(f): 2:55pm On Sep 08, 2008
the greatest lover,

i greet you. i adore you for all the wonderful blessings in my life. i thank you 4 keeping me alive 2 this very moment. i thank you 4 my wonderful children, my parents and siblings. i thank you 4 my job and my wonderful collegues. i thank you 4 the good friends you've brought my way.i thank you 4 everything.

i know i have done a lot of bad things in the past. i know ive failed you. im not worthy 2 be called your child. i know i have been unfaithful. im very sorry 4 all the times i rejected you and spited you and caused you pain. in the process i caused myself pain.i humbly ask 4 ur forgiveness and the grace not 2 sin against you again.

i love you so much as you love me more. i want us 2 keep this love affair alive. i dont ever want you 2 turn your back on me as i go on each day 2 be faithful in body and soul 2 you.

i love you so much Lord. thank you so much 4 been an integral part of my life.

the love of your life,
ula
Re: Letters To God by MissyB1(m): 3:36pm On Sep 08, 2008
Daddy
I know you are reading this letter now and I'm pleased.Prolly you are smiling while reading or. . . . I don't know but I want to use this means to tell you again after so many times that I am more than grateful for all you are and have been to me.Even if I write you a letter everyday,I still wouldn't be able to thank you enough cuzz words aren't enough to express my gratitude. cool

You've been my father and assisted mum in everything  kiss.You've been the one friend that has stood by me in every circumstance.I remember nights when I cried  cry to you telling you some secrets and reporting sm1 to you  cheesy.With my eyes I can't see you but I have alwaz felt your presence  cool.Despite my sins,you still remained faithful to your promises.Dad indeed there must have been ways I have offended you. . . Please have mercy and forgive me. embarassed  embarassed

Would love to buy you a gift jst to show appreciation but . . . What can I buy? embarassed
If I'm to buy a house. . . . What kind of house would contain sm1 who sits in Heaven and makes the earth his footstool?
If I'm to buy a car. . . What would you do with a car when you walk faster than it can drive. . . "Behold I am with you always even till the END of age"  smiley
If I'm to buy a plane or a ship. . . what would you need 'em for when you ascended into heaven witout a plane and walked upon the waters witout ship. . . .  shocked cool kiss
Daddy If the only thing you need is praises. . . I ever ready to do that without getting tired.For you deserve it and never will your glory be shared.Amore mio. . Ti amo.
Your Baby kiss  kiss  kiss
Re: Letters To God by naomijt(f): 4:42pm On Sep 08, 2008
My prayer is that God will continue to strengthen and empower us to be able to stand for truth even in this last days. That he will give us the will to always praise him even when we do not feel like.
Re: Letters To God by virgie(f): 7:36am On Sep 09, 2008
Dear Forgiving father,

I am overcome with sorrow. A great rift has occurred in a relationship that I have cherished for so long. I am deeply hurt - crushed under a burden of loss. I cannot imagine ever being able to trust again.

Father, what should we do when someone we love so completely hurts us so desperately? How can this kind of heartache ever heal? I have been devasted by the persons insensivity.

I know Lord, that we all make mistakes in judgement when dealing with people. And I know that we need to be merciful and forgiving when we are wronged, but aren't there limits to what we are expected to endure? I don't recall that I have ever hurt anyone as the person has hurt me. I don't think I can ever feel "safe"again.

Lord, I know you know all things. I believe that you understand my anguish. I trust that you feel my pain. Please counsel me with wisdom from above.

Your Brokenhearted Child.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor E.A. Adeboye For President Campaign Starts. / CHURCH DOUBLES AS MOSQUE DURING RAMADAN / What Is Immaculate Conception . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.