Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,210 members, 7,919,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 03:27 PM

Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida (1773 Views)

2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year / 18ft Python Killed In Florida (Pics) / Woman Blames Husband For Obama’s Reelection, Runs Him Over With Her Jeep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Sep 07, 2008
So,  what do you think you have just proved to me?? I am befuddled here wondering what your point is here? That she did accept pork and did not use it to build a bridge but kept it?  That she is not sensible because she accepted pork money and instead used it for her state's needs and not the initial project which was considered wasteful? A state accepting pork money but using it for relevant projects is wasteful?
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 07, 2008
Kobojunkie:

So,  what do you think you have just proved to me?? I am befuddled here wondering what your point is here? That she did accept pork and did not use it to build a bridge but kept it? That she is not sensible because she accepted pork money and instead used it for her state's needs and not the initial project which was considered wasteful?

You are befuddled because people like you don't like facts to get in the way of your claims.

- I asked for a clarification of your own posts TWICE . . . you havent come close to even acknowledging that you have seen it.

- The idea that she is a "reformer" comes on the back of her clever flipflop of rebuffing congress about money for the "bridge to nowhere". FACTS (not mere claims) do however expose her claims (that you and others have run away with) as demostrably FALSE. She DID support the bridge to nowhere, was offended by that term (bridge to nowhere) as early as 2006, only cancelled the project because Congress (including McCain) criticised and abandoned it, but refused to return the earmarks.

Do we need to also include the fact that she actively hired lobbyists to obtain earmarks from Washington?
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Sep 07, 2008
So where exactly do I deny the fact? Where do I deny she actively lobbied for earmarks? Where do I state that she did not support the brigde to nowhere? and where exactly do I tag her a reformer?? Where exactly do you have me denying these potential facts of yours? Note that these are questions,
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 07, 2008
Kobojunkie:

So where exactly did I deny the fact? Where do I deny she actively lobbied for earmarks? Where do I state that she did not support the brigde to nowhere? and where exactly did I tag her a reformer?? Note that these are questions,

I think you're better off asking YOURSELF those soul searching questions. If indeed you DO NOT deny that she actively lobbied for earmarks, that she did support the bridge to nowhere . . . then on what basis do you make the statement below -

1. it is sort of clear to see that Palin is a sensible choice and in his war against ridiculous pork spending, she wins.

That was the very first question i asked you . . . you might want to start by answering it.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Sep 07, 2008
You are yet to answer the many based on the accusations you made against me though. From your first response, you have leveled accusation after accusation against me, so at this point it makes sense for me to ask you to make clear where this reasoning of yours come from. Cause From my post there, I see no way you can make all those conclusions without your injecting your own logic in between my lines. So please, indulge me. Answer my questions please and then I will answer that one.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 07, 2008
Kobojunkie:

You are yet to answer the many based on the accusations you made against me though. From your first response, you have leveled accusation after accusation against me, so at this point it makes sense for me to ask you to make clear where this reasoning of yours come from. Cause From my post there, I see no way how you can make all those conclusions. So please, indulge me. Answer my questions please and then I will answer that one.

You cant eat your cake and have it, my question came first and precipitated all the other claims of "questions" that you now suddenly have.

Answer the very first question i asked . . . clarify this discrepancy.

Here is the discrepancy i spotted again.

1. it is sort of clear to see that Palin is a sensible choice and in his war against ridiculous pork spending, she wins.

and . . .

2. She did accept pork money

How does Sarah Palin win on the basis of McCain's opposition to pork barrel spending (such spending including Palin's request for money on the bridge to nowhere) when she actively hired lobbyists to request pork money from congress which even you acknowledge?
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2008
***Sigh** I have answered that question over and over already. I don't think it is worth repeating since it is apparent at this point that you do not see it the same way. And since you do not seem to be willing to answer my questions, I say I will step down and accept that we are not going to come close to any consensus here. I still stand firm on my argument here regardless of your stance and so it is a waste of our time to even go further. You can continue if you wish, but I choose to pursue other poster's at this point. thanks.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 07, 2008
Kobojunkie:

***Sigh** I have answered that question over and over already. I don't think it is worth repeating since it is apparent at this point that you do not see it the same way. And since you do not seem to be willing to answer my questions, I say I will step down and accept that we are not going to come close to any consensus here. I still believe as I do regardless of your stand and so it is a waste of our time to even go further. You can continue if you wish, but I choose to pursue other poster's at this point. thanks.

Kindly show me the post where you answered it.

thank you for once again showing us how ignorant these last minute Palin supporters truly are.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 07, 2008
Ahhh, sparring with kobo. . . una go write one full page. Before e go make im point,
And that's usually that, he has already made his point somewhere in his rambling, and/or you are talking rubbish.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Kobojunkie: 3:28am On Sep 08, 2008
For any one out there who is mature enough to debate ideas without the need to insert personal attacks, and baseless accusations,  this article addresses th e Pork spending allegation even further. do check it out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravina_Island_Bridge

In October 2005, Republican Senator Ted Stevens of Alaska became the object of strong media criticism when he opposed diverting the Gravina and Knik Arm Bridge funds to help aid recovery from Hurricane Katrina.[8] In his speech on the Senate floor, Stevens threatened to quit Congress if the funds were removed from his state.[9]
In 2005,[10] Congress stripped the specific earmark allocation of federal funds for the two bridges, without changing the amount of money allocated for use by Alaska.[11]

"In September [20th], 2006, Sarah Palin showed up in Ketchikan on her gubernatorial campaign and said the bridge was essential for the town's prosperity." [12][13]
During her campaign for Governor, Sarah Palin visited Ketchikan in September of 2006 to address her support for the Gravina Island Bridge project. At a forum in Ketchikan, Palin was seen holding up a t-shirt designed by a Ketchikan artist, Mary Ida Henrikson with "Nowhere Alaska 99901" on it, referencing the buzzword of Bridge to 'Nowhere', and the primary zip code of Ketchikan, Alaska. At the same forum, she was quoted: "OK, you’ve got Valley trash standing here in the middle of nowhere,” Palin said. “I think we’re going to make a good team as we progress that bridge project."[14]
On October 21, 2006 Alaska gubernatorial candidate Sarah Palin was quoted saying she would continue state funding for the bridge. "The window is now, while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist," she said.[15]
At a Chamber of Commerce meeting in Wasilla on October 27, 2006, Knowles criticized Palin for supporting the Knik Arm Bridge, Ketchikan's Gravina Island Bridge and the road north out of Juneau instead of rebuilding the Parks Highway. Then when Knowles got to Juneau he promised to build the Juneau road, plus a second bridge to Douglas Island. Only Palin is consistent in support all of the projects, [16]
In August 2007, Alaska's Department of Transportation stated that it was "leaning" toward alternative ferry options, citing bridge costs, despite having already received the funds from the federal government.[17]
The project was canceled in 2007 by bridge supporter [18] [19] [20] [21] Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, who changed her view [22] [23] after national public opinion turned against the bridge for being wasteful spending[24]:
“ Ketchikan desires a better way to reach the airport, but the $398 million bridge is not the answer. Despite the work of our congressional delegation, we are about $329 million short of full funding for the bridge project, and it’s clear that Congress has little interest in spending any more money on a bridge between Ketchikan and Gravina Island. Much of the public’s attitude toward Alaska bridges is based on inaccurate portrayals of the projects here. But we need to focus on what we can do, rather than fight over what has happened.
~ AK Gov. Sarah Palin[25]

Asked why she initially supported the bridge, Palin's communications director Bill McAllister said, "It was never at the top of her priority list, and in fact the project isn't necessarily dead … there's still the potential for improved ferry service or even a bridge of a less costly design,  She changed her mind, he said, when "she saw that Alaska was being perceived as taking from the country and not giving , "[26]
On August 29, 2008, when introduced as Republican Presidential Nominee John McCain's running mate, Palin told the crowd: "I told Congress, thanks but no thanks on that bridge to nowhere" — a line that garnered big applause but upset political leaders in Ketchikan. Palin's campaign coordinator in the city, Republican Mike Elerding, remarked, "She said 'thanks but no thanks,' but they kept the money." Democratic Mayor Bob Weinstein also criticized Palin for using the very term 'bridge to nowhere' that she had said was insulting when she was in favor of the bridge.[27]
The city of Ketchikan has already begun to develop roads and a small amount of infrastructure for the Gravina Island's 50 inhabitants. However, residents continue to seek funding for the Ketchikan-Gravina span.[28]

Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by NegroNtns(m): 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2008
Kobo, on the link, I found what I was looking for thanks.

You are appealing for matured and non-vulgar response from people who are supporting Obama because he is Black. C'mon, drop the appeal and just continue your factual responses. You are doing very well! There is a girl at my job who supports Obama because she shares name with his wife.

We are really going to find out beginning September 26 and ramping down to Nov 4th, who is truly competent out of the two to revive the economy and social values. Its only a matter of time!
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by sleekp1: 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2008
@davidylan
Fifteen post later Kobo is yet to answer your question. That guy lives in lala land.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Sep 08, 2008
It felt like I was debating @Afam, some dude who used to debate the exact same way.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by omoge(f): 3:20pm On Sep 08, 2008
grin
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 08, 2008
sleek_p:

@davidylan
Fifteen post later Kobo is yet to answer your question. That guy lives in lala land.

Dont mind the ignorant "cut and paste" air head.

Just take a look at the last cut and paste job she/he highlighted - The project was canceled in 2007 by bridge supporter [18] [19] [20] [21] Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, who changed her view [22] [23] after national public opinion turned against the bridge for being wasteful spending[24]:

So she only said "thanks but no thanks" simply because the public was against it? So much for a "reformer".
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Sep 08, 2008
unbeweavable!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bobby Jindal - Republican Governor Of Louisiana / Middle-class Mother Who Fell In Love With Nigerian She Met On Web: Regrets! / Picture Of An Arrested Taliban Suicide Bomber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.