Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,950 members, 7,931,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 09:57 PM

Oyo: Muslims Kick Against Return Of Schools To Missionaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo: Muslims Kick Against Return Of Schools To Missionaries (1052 Views)

Poll: Should Nigerian schools be Returned to the missionaries?

Yes: 83% (5 votes)
No: 0% (0 votes)
Some Of Them.: 16% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. / War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy / Suicide Bombs: Muslims Kick As Army, Police Frisk Women In Hijab, Burka - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo: Muslims Kick Against Return Of Schools To Missionaries by DeepZone: 10:04am On Sep 06, 2008
[size=14pt]Oyo: Muslims kick against return of schools to missionaries [/size]
By Adeolu Adeyemo
Friday, September 5, 2008
Muslim community of Oyo State on Thursday kicked against the stance of the state governor, Chief Adebayo Alao-Akala, towards agitation for the return of schools to their owners.

Akala had, while receiving members of the Olivet Baptist High School, Oyo Old Students’ Association led by the National President, Mr. Olusegun Ahmadu, in his office, said returning schools to their former owners was one of the corrective options to re-introduce discipline and good morals into schools, thereby bringing back the lost glory of education system in the country.

The Muslim community, in a communiqué made available to newsmen in Ibadan and signed by its chairman, Alhaji Waheed Olajide and secretary, Alhaji Wahab Gbadeyanka, described the development as unfair.

It said such move was deliberate to widen the educational gap existing in the state to the disadvantage of the Muslims. The community said the return of schools to missions by government was uncalled for, adding that it registered its opposition to such action.

It called on the government to consider opportunities rather than favouring a particular group, adding that a lot of government investments were in these schools and government could not afford to hand over the assets to a few.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/sep/5/609.html
Re: Oyo: Muslims Kick Against Return Of Schools To Missionaries by DeepZone: 10:05am On Sep 06, 2008
This people lipsrsealed lipsrsealed You take one step ahead, they take you 3 steps behind. This particular people hm hm hm.
Re: Oyo: Muslims Kick Against Return Of Schools To Missionaries by MCUsman(m): 10:48am On Sep 06, 2008
You again.
Re: Oyo: Muslims Kick Against Return Of Schools To Missionaries by SMZINA: 12:12pm On Sep 06, 2008
MC Usman:

You again.

Is true oh You again angry angry Deeeppin zone :
Re: Oyo: Muslims Kick Against Return Of Schools To Missionaries by RibaduFan(m): 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2008
Y re people so much against progress, isnt it obvious that the government can't fund and run these schools solely.
Re: Oyo: Muslims Kick Against Return Of Schools To Missionaries by littlekim(f): 1:49pm On Sep 06, 2008
The pest again. Where on God's earth is Mc usman, Boyscott and my other Northern Darling, to come help me repond to this pest of a guy?
Re: Oyo: Muslims Kick Against Return Of Schools To Missionaries by coolier(f): 3:44pm On Sep 06, 2008
In this particular case I don't think the government is favouring any group, it is only returning the schools to its original owners which are mainly missionaries. The government shouldn't have taken over the schools in the first place.
Re: Oyo: Muslims Kick Against Return Of Schools To Missionaries by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2008
When are muslims going to stop seeing everything as being "unfair to islam"?

1. It is abundantly clear the government CANNOT run these schools.
2. It is abundantly clear that educational standards were far higher when these schools were run by christian missionaries.
3. Muslims were given equal opportunity to attend missionary schools.
4. These schools were forcefully and illegally taken over by the government.
5. WHY CANNOT MUSLIMS BUILD THEIR OWN MISSIONARY SCHOOLS?
Re: Oyo: Muslims Kick Against Return Of Schools To Missionaries by DeepZone: 6:07pm On Sep 06, 2008
You again.

What do you mean by that? You again too!!!
Re: Oyo: Muslims Kick Against Return Of Schools To Missionaries by MCUsman(m): 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2008
littlekim:

The pest again. Where on God's earth is Mc usman, Boyscott and my other Northern Darling, to come help me repond to this pest of a guy?

I will be going to 9jah my belove GREEN WHITE GREEN to spend a couple of weeks in Kano. So i will be off the air for a while. In the meantime DEEPZONE can enjoy the fanfare as it last.
Re: Oyo: Muslims Kick Against Return Of Schools To Missionaries by tpia: 10:30pm On Sep 06, 2008
Mc Usman you constantly refuse to explain your fascination with Nigeria.

Are you related to an ECOMOG soldier? I heard there are a lot of half Nigerian kids in Liberia.
Re: Oyo: Muslims Kick Against Return Of Schools To Missionaries by bawomolo(m): 12:04am On Sep 07, 2008
It said such move was deliberate to widen the educational gap existing in the state to the disadvantage of the Muslims. The community said the return of schools to missions by government was uncalled for, adding that it registered its opposition to such action

muslims are admitted into these institutions so what's the problem. the key point is here ORIGINAL OWNERS.
Re: Oyo: Muslims Kick Against Return Of Schools To Missionaries by DeepZone: 7:12pm On Sep 07, 2008
muslims are admitted into these institutions so what's the problem. the key point is here ORIGINAL OWNERS

I wonder.

(1) (Reply)

. / Barth Nnaji Now Special Adviser On Power From Enugu. / Sosan Dumped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.