Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,211 members, 7,880,772 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:35 AM

Are Nigerians That Stupid? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Are Nigerians That Stupid? (2932 Views)

Poll: Will You pay About $500 To watch Any American Celebrity

No Way: 76% (16 votes)
May Be: 19% (4 votes)
Yes: 4% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Prince Eke – “I Do Not Blame Nigerians That Said My Kidnap Was A Publicity Stunt / Dear Jay Z: Here Are 7 Talented Nigerians That Should Be Discovered / 50 Influential People in America and UK You Wouldn’t Know Are Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians That Stupid? by tRoOE(f): 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2008
DeepZone:

50k is a lot of money both in Nigeria and USA just to go and watch a washed up artiste. It's almost $500 which can pay a month's house rent in most cities in America. I, for sure do not see it as a chicken change.
[size=13pt]
I wonder what kind of house that is, maybe in this ghetto area grin
Just because you don't see the money has a chicken changed doesn't mean it isn't to some people
In fact i don't understand why we are prolonging this issue, “their money their business”.
I don't think anyone has right dictating how people should spend their money, or were they forced to attend the concert
[/size]
Re: Are Nigerians That Stupid? by tRoOE(f): 7:14pm On Sep 10, 2008
Emad:

Anyone like who??
in just a day? after doing what kind of job? protitution? ( how many men pay girls 50K per session ? ) armed robbery ( yes probably )
but with a dignified job it will be very difficult unless you are a Singer who makes a concert in one night for 2million Naira
[size=13pt]Anyone that is financial stable, or does him/her has to be a celebrity before he/she is considered rich or well doing.
Speaking from experience, if people spend over N100,000 on just enjoyment in one week then those people should be able to afford the ticket.
I personally will never spend that type of money on a concert, not becos it expensive, but I will rather get me some coach shoes and bags e.t.c

[/size]
Re: Are Nigerians That Stupid? by nguage(m): 7:22pm On Sep 10, 2008
Nigerians are rich afterall, fukk what you heard.
Re: Are Nigerians That Stupid? by doe82: 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2008
what NONSENSE[color=#990000][/color] angry
Re: Are Nigerians That Stupid? by tRoOE(f): 8:13pm On Sep 10, 2008
Raymond88:

That's right, i wonder why some people can't mind their own damn business.
[size=13pt]abi oh grin grin grin you can't blame them maybe he/she needs money cheesy[/size]
Re: Are Nigerians That Stupid? by chiogo(f): 2:18am On Sep 11, 2008
[Quote]Because one spends money on things that may seem trivial to others doesnt justify the "Nigeria is a third world nation and hence you should direct your money towards other goals" speech that is always and endlessly thrown in their faces.[/quote]
Nobody said it's trivial but in this case, I absolutely believe that the "nigeria is a 3rd-world country" speech is in order. When poverty in Nigeria is mentioned, the first blame goes to the government, right? Go read my first post well and understand my point. If it was a Nigerian artist performing, most of 'em would probably never have bought the tickets to see the concert because it's a "local artist" but when they hear anything foreign, they jump out their butts. And yet, these foreign people continue to treat them like crap in their own country. What a shame!
Re: Are Nigerians That Stupid? by Queenisha: 2:31am On Sep 11, 2008
I read through this whole thread and some people seem to be arguing from another hole.
The issue is not so much what they paid but what they received.
The flyers must have promoted Anita Baker as the main attraction so people paid and came and there was no Anita Baker and no recourse to individuals who have parted with their hard earned money.
That is the main issue here.
Re: Are Nigerians That Stupid? by Emad(f): 8:51am On Sep 11, 2008
tRoOE:

[size=13pt]Anyone that is financial stable, or does him/her has to be a celebrity before he/she is considered rich or well doing.
Speaking from experience, if people spend over N100,000 on just enjoyment in one week then those people should be able to afford the ticket.
I personally will never spend that type of money on a concert, not because it expensive, but I will rather get me some coach shoes and bags e.t.c

[/size]

It does not mean that if a person spends even up to 1 million naira in a day , they earn that much per day.

Some people have money, some people dont, i agree , and what you spend your money is is entirely up to you,
different people had different reasons for giving themselves the luxury of going there, i agree

what i am arguing about is the fact that we consider the amount "chicken change" and i am saying, it is not chicken change in anybody's currency
just because people were willing to afford it to go for the concert

For example, if Koffi goes to Paris, and i happen to find myself there at the time,
and he says his concert is 100Euros, i will sacrifice the 100 euros for the pleasure of watching my favorite artist
But that does not make the 100Euros chicken change,
neither does it mean i EARN 100 euros a day.

so please let us get this right, there is no harm spending what ever amount of money you want on something of your choice
but the fact that you are willing to make the sacrifice for it does not make that amount MINIMAL to any and everybody.

Peace
Re: Are Nigerians That Stupid? by DeepZone: 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2008
It does not mean that if a person spends even up to 1 million naira in a day , they earn that much per day.

Some people have money, some people don't, i agree , and what you spend your money is is entirely up to you,
different people had different reasons for giving themselves the luxury of going there, i agree

what i am arguing about is the fact that we consider the amount "chicken change" and i am saying, it is not chicken change in anybody's currency
just because people were willing to afford it to go for the concert

For example, if Koffi goes to Paris, and i happen to find myself there at the time,
and he says his concert is 100Euros, i will sacrifice the 100 euros for the pleasure of watching my favorite artist
But that does not make the 100Euros chicken change,
neither does it mean i EARN 100 euros a day.

so please let us get this right, there is no harm spending what ever amount of money you want on something of your choice
but the fact that you are willing to make the sacrifice for it does not make that amount MINIMAL to any and everybody.

Peace

@Bold, thak you.
Re: Are Nigerians That Stupid? by DeepZone: 4:49pm On Sep 11, 2008
I wonder what kind of house that is, maybe in this ghetto area Grin
Even if $500 can only pay house rent in the ghetto, is that not house rent anymore? Besides, there are many cities in the US $500 can pay their house rents in a nice area that is not exactly top notch for eg, North Carolina, South carolina, Texas, Lousiana, Pittsburgh, Georgia etc.

Just because you don't see the money has a chicken changed doesn't mean it isn't to some people

Let's assume you consider $500 as a chicken change. How many rural Nigerians living in penury have you helped with that chicken change? how many African kids have you spent $500 on their books, sandals, school clothes, medicine etc. I guess none. The likes of kanu Nwanko spends millions on Nigerian kids yearly and even though i may tolerate it if he calls $500 a chicken change, but i doubt if he'll do that because he doesn't spend his fortune on himself alone buying coach bags while calling $500 a chicken change.

I may have $500 in multiple places, but i'll surely feel bad if i lose any of them because it's not chicken change to me.
Re: Are Nigerians That Stupid? by tRoOE(f): 5:49am On Sep 12, 2008
DeepZone:

Even if $500 can only pay house rent in the ghetto, is that not house rent anymore? Besides, there are many cities in the US $500 can pay their house rents in a nice area that is not exactly top notch for eg, North Carolina, South carolina, Texas, Lousiana, Pittsburgh, Georgia etc.

Let's assume you consider $500 as a chicken change. How many rural Nigerians living in penury have you helped with that chicken change? how many African kids have you spent $500 on their books, sandals, school clothes, medicine etc. I guess none. The likes of kanu Nwanko spends millions on Nigerian kids yearly and even though i may tolerate it if he calls $500 a chicken change, but i doubt if he'll do that because he doesn't spend his fortune on himself alone buying coach bags while calling $500 a chicken change.

I may have $500 in multiple places, but i'll surely feel bad if i lose any of them because it's not chicken change to me.
[size=13pt]am not in the mood to type tonight but all i got to say it that, No one helped my family to where they at today, they worked hard for their money,so everyone else can surely do the same.
What's my business with Kanu or how his helping kids in Naija, or how his money is been spent.
If am in the position to help i will, without anyone forcing me too, but right now am trying to spend my money on shoes shoes shoes

@Emad
Okay OOO i don hear, if this makes you feel better
"Iight 50,000 Naira is not a chicken change" grin
[/size]
Re: Are Nigerians That Stupid? by chusben(m): 1:17pm On Sep 12, 2008
tell them say our eye don open oh,

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Sold My Soul To The Devil! - Katy Perry, Kanye West, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Bob D / Carlton From Fresh Prince Gets Married / Wizkid Gbagauns Again!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.