Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,581 members, 7,941,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:12 PM

Which Browser Is Fastest? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Browser Is Fastest? (1686 Views)

Which BROWSER Do You Use? / Swift 4g Browser Is Messed Up / Which Browser Is The Best On Mobile N Pc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Browser Is Fastest? by adanny01(m): 6:52pm On Sep 09, 2008
That's a Q i've been asking myself, for my convenience at least. I've read reviews, but i cant make up my mind about which to use. I use Opera, its been quite fast, far better than IE. i tried Safari, was not satisfied then i removed it. Firefox's popularity is pushing me to use it. Just downloaded Google Chrome, the say (reviews) it eats up more system memory than the others. I dont have the time to sit, use a timer, to test them. Can some help with a researched opinion? I'd be grateful and am sure others wud like the info too. I couldnt bring my self to remove Opera since i've been a little comfortable.
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by idupaul: 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2008
adanny01:

That's a Q i've been asking myself, for my convenience at least. I've read reviews, but i can't make up my mind about which to use. I use Opera, its been quite fast, far better than IE. i tried Safari, was not satisfied then i removed it. Firefox's popularity is pushing me to use it. Just downloaded Google Chrome, the say (reviews) it eats up more system memory than the others. I don't have the time to sit, use a timer, to test them. Can some help with a researched opinion? I'D be grateful and am sure others would like the info too. I couldnt bring my self to remove Opera since i've been a little comfortable.

have all of them installed. like Gchrome but since it still in beta state i feel the fox is still faster
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by sunboy(m): 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2008
I think GoogleChrome is the fastest , then Firefox
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by african2: 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2008
Bandwidth availability determines the fastness of ur browser and not the browser itself
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2008
'
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by kcatetra(m): 10:44am On Sep 12, 2008
Just like african2 said, its MOSTLY ur bandwidth that determines how fast opening pages wud be, but how ur browser delivers the data received also determines to a certain extent how fast a page is viewed. Well for me, Opera deals with web pages in record time. The thing about Opera is that it can display elements even if it receives only 10kb from a page that totals 2MB. IE needs like 75% of the page b4 it 'tries' to show u stuff. The fox is the most customizable and tweakable. Me personally, i use Firefox cos i need Firefox Addons and most internet web browser related software integrate with IE and Firefox more than the others. I havent used Safari but i think each individual browser has its good and bad sides. I still think Firefox is the best averagly. U can google 'web browser review' or sumthin like that to get a more professional breakdown.
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by adanny01(m): 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2008
Thanks Kcatetra.
What am talking about is given the same bandwidth, which of them fares better especially with the low bandwidth that we have in 9ja. Ur explanation on the %age they need to display elements sheds more light on what i think as fastest. But even with that, a browser shud be beta than the other anyway or how. What i tried to do was open the same web page on two different browsers at the same time. The result i got was more confusing. Some sites are beta with Opera while others are beta with Google Chrome. Opera gives up easly but Gchrome withstands and eventually opens after a long time. Fox was slowest, i removed it instantly
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by alex406(m): 2:00pm On Sep 15, 2008
Anyway browsers depends on the speed of the Bandwidth like my colleague said but it also ascertain facts about the site you are opening.Firefox view pages in graphics faster than opera.
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 17, 2008
In ma opinion, I think CrazyBrowser is the fastest, especially when your connection speed is slow!
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by yinraph(m): 11:21am On Sep 18, 2008
I think Opera 7.5 is the best as in fastest
No much graphics carrier
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by milu4(m): 2:02pm On Sep 18, 2008
i think opera 7.5 is the fastest
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by lynxnoon(m): 8:34pm On Sep 18, 2008
men am still sticking to firefox
PS:
has any one tried Safari? its quite cool n fast wink wink
am currently using firefox safari n googlechrome(once in a while grin grin),
I.E?? for where!! it's just on ma system because it came wit it angry angry
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by tobidaflava(m): 9:31pm On Sep 18, 2008
C-razy
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by tomola(m): 1:58pm On Sep 21, 2008
hello my fellow nairaland guys who can give me the download to opera 7.5. plssssssssssssssssssssssssssss my people
i am in red danger my system is badly
yinraph:

I think Opera 7.5 is the best as in fastest
No much graphics carrier
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by timbabng(m): 2:10pm On Sep 21, 2008
. . .just google for it
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 23, 2008
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by Dclique(m): 4:42am On Sep 25, 2008
i use opera 9.27,and its okay :d
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by walescon(m): 10:32pm On Sep 28, 2008
So far from my use of ie,fiefox,opera,netscape and chrome its clear that firefox is d fastest. It even gives option 4 u integrate speed at which ur browser connect with ur internet source. Do that by typing about:config in your browser tab,u cn edit anything u feel like abt firefox. Yet ur speed depends on ur bandwith
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by lynxnoon(m): 11:33pm On Sep 28, 2008
hi guys
i just noticed recently while browsing wit firefox an error message comes up option of either sending a report or not; after clicking SEND or DON'T SEND the browser closes up undecided undecided
Dunno wats up, has any1 come across dis? or any clue to wats happening?
Thanks for ur response
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by Nobody: 3:39am On Sep 29, 2008
" all,
I have opera 9.5(latest), firefox, IE, but the best is opera, IF IT IS NOT OPERA,IT CAN NEVER BE LIKE OPERA
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by chrisoml(m): 10:34pm On Sep 30, 2008
As for me its Opera 9.5
Used be a big fan of firefox until their latest release of firfox3. it just annoys me
Then the so called Google Chrome is not as good as all the publication given it. It keeps on crashing and me I dont have time for such.
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by adanny01(m): 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2008
Thanks guys 4 your contributions. I've concluded that Opera is the best by my standards. From testimonies, it seems majority r comfortable with it. I feel those who are stuck on Firefox find themslves there because they've not tried opera. I encourage them to try opera, not once or not just a site.
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by mjay(m): 7:47pm On Oct 03, 2008
i JUST HEARD ABOUT CRAZY AND AM PRESENTLY TESTING IT. ITS NOT BAD TOO
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by ogbongzky(m): 1:49am On Oct 04, 2008
FIREFOX ROCKS!!!!

IF YOU USING FIREFOX VERSION BELOW FIREFOX 3.01, THEN YOU ARE OUT OF THE BOX,

AM ENJOYING MY FIREFOX WITH WHICH I CAN USE MEEBO INSIDE IT, HAVE COLOURFUL TABS, TELLS ME MY IP, LOADS OF EFFIZYS, TX TO THE GEEKS BEHIND THOSE ADD ONS,

GBOSA FOR ALL FIREFOX TECHS, AND THEIR PARTNERS,

Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by uthamaputi: 3:08am On Jun 04, 2011
I am using the Firefox Because two months before i used the Internet Explorer,Google Chrome but it's not Fast i checked my speed at here Scanmyspeed it's shows my speed slow,So that i using the Mozilla Firefox, it's very speedy also many addons ,open many tabs at same time,download multiple applications and managing it very easy,now i checked the speed the speed is Good, So Firefox is Best and Fastest Browser,
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by heebakutty: 7:29pm On Oct 30, 2011
thanks for sharing!!!
Re: Which Browser Is Fastest? by guru01(m): 5:44am On Oct 31, 2011
No browser is fast, because i have all of them installed.
What make a browser fast is the internet connection speed, but what makes a browser slow is too much plugin,add-on and so on. Try to uninstall so of the add-on/extension and see the speed of the browser.

(1) (Reply)

The Best Free Browsing In Town, Blackberry, 2go, Mig33 Anything Browse: / Pls Help What Is Smart Hardisk Failure 301 / How Can I Download Movies Online?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.