Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,895 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:30 PM

Please Review Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Review Site (780 Views)

Please Review Site / Re: Nigeria's First Consumer Review Site - Revamped / Pls Help Review Site Http://www.faithacademyportal.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Review Site by ztyle(m): 12:22am On Sep 10, 2008
Hey, i just finished with this project www.fumratliberia .vze.com  check it out and tell me what u think
and i'm trying to buy a domain name plz do recommend a good source 4 me.  undecided
Re: Please Review Site by worldbest(m): 7:02am On Sep 10, 2008
Site not coming up
Re: Please Review Site by charliebiz(m): 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2008
The correct subdomain address ztyle was trying to let us visit is this www.fumratliberia.vze.com. One thing i know out about using font as text banner is that it doesn't give the required or desired result and the banner design is too big.
Re: Please Review Site by kehers(m): 4:09pm On Sep 10, 2008
A lot to say but here are the crutial ones:
1. Banner height too much. I guess what you are trying to achieve is placing the text "FULLMOON MINES/RUBBER & TIMBER EXPORT CO.LTD" on the banner but hey, the text floats over the banner and into the black background of the body on some browsers (bet you develop on IE). As a developer, one rule of the thumb is checking having a couple of different browsers and testing your [url=http://'']design on them[/url]
2. What about centralizing the whole content instead of having it come to the left?
3. There is something wrong with the site's contrast - your use of black and white. No, its not that there is something wrong with using just black and white. Its just that there are better ways to work with two colors to achieve better look.
4. And then your font sizing. Consider reducing the size of the top links and increasing that of the body. Also consider changing those words in capital case to normal case. Writing sentences in upper case (called shouting) doesnt really look good. You may also want to change the color of your heading texts to something different from white so as to emphasize them from the normal body text
Re: Please Review Site by yawatide(f): 6:31pm On Sep 10, 2008
I would love to review but what has killed it for me is the lack of a navigation menu.  Yes, I see a menu, but only after I squint for it.  See, the first thing I see on the site is the logo and I guess given the yellow color, looking at the top of the page isn't the first thing on my mind.  I immediately scroll to the bottom of the page looking for a menu but find none.

The site (assuming we are talking about www. fumratliberia . vze . com - typing the characters together produces weird results for whatever reason) receives a big fat zero based on that alone.

Sorry but I just have to be honest.  When I am on a website, Don't make me think  smiley
Re: Please Review Site by ztyle(m): 8:00pm On Sep 10, 2008
Lol, Thanks to all that reply my thread, your responds is like "Wow" i appreciated. grin
Well i'm still working on it as u guyz said but one thing i need to change the domain name its breakinq here.
i want to buy a domain name plz kindly recommend some good host 4 me. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Some Website Design Jobs / Be A Cisco Certiified Network Associate (ccna) Free / This Is How You Can Draw Traffic To Your Site For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.