Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,993 members, 7,931,412 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 03:29 AM

I Need Help On How To Upload My Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need Help On How To Upload My Site (747 Views)

Other Ways To Upload Your File To Waptrick / How To Upload A Song(your Song) Or Other Application Or File To Waptrick / How Can I Upload My Site That I Created With Joomla To Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help On How To Upload My Site by onasharon(m): 9:32am On Sep 10, 2008
pls i need help on how to upload my site i was confused when i got to the cpanel being my first time uploading a site i already have an hosting account only to upload what is see seem confusing to me .pls i need straight forward explanation and step to step pls thanks.
Re: I Need Help On How To Upload My Site by cbi24: 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2008
You will need an FTP Software for the uploading.
Download from www.Smartftp.com

You can upload files to another computer using File Transfer Protocol (FTP). FTP refers to an Internet protocol and is also the name used for software applications that perform this function. With FTP, you can upload software, music files or any other type of digital information.

Select this option if you are uploading files to a remote computer that does not permit Web browser uploads. This is often the case if you are uploading files to a Web site for which you have purchased storage.
Step2
Open your FTP program. Enter the host address in the space provided.
Step3
Enter your login ID and your password. If the remote computer is configured to allow Anonymous FTP, you may be able to login without a password or by using "guest."
Step4
Click Connect.
Step5
You will see two windows containing a list of folders and files when the connection is established. The window on the right represents the folders on the remote computer. The window on the left represents the folders on your hard disk.
Step6
Move around in the left-hand window until you have located and opened the folder in which your uploaded file is to be stored.
Step7
Move around in the window in the left-hand side until you have found and selected the file that is to be uploaded.
Step8
Drag the selected file over to the window on the right. Most FTP programs will allow you to upload this way. If your FTP software doesn't allow this, consult the help file for uploading instructions.
Step9
Check that the file is listed with the other files on the right-hand side when the file is uploaded.

Any other question plz ask
Re: I Need Help On How To Upload My Site by charliebiz(m): 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2008
@ poster
There are some cpanel that come with video tutorials. So next time ask for it. You can visit this link and get your problem solve. It is a cpanel video tutorial, i don't know if you use cpanel but i guess with this, you can carry on. http://www.abimco.com/c_panel/cpanel10_x2_filemanager.html
Re: I Need Help On How To Upload My Site by kehers(m): 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2008
If you are having problems getting a FTP software or you are looking for a quick workaround, try the web based FTP site: http://www.net2ftp.com
Re: I Need Help On How To Upload My Site by midje(m): 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2008
@poster,

uploading destination depends on the instruction of the hosting company. Some say upload into www while others do not specify. I can assist u free of charge, All u have to do is fix a chat with me and i will walk u thru (irrespective of the hosting company). I mean, at no cost. If u need my number, then send me a mail @ midje.alex@esolutions-ngr.com and subject as Nairaland. That way, i will know its no spam and must read
Re: I Need Help On How To Upload My Site by onasharon(m): 9:33am On Sep 12, 2008
THANKS YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT ON THIS FORUM. I REALLY I APPRECIATE YOU ALL. PLS I WAS TOLD THROUGH THE EMAIL SENT TO ME BY MY HOSTING COMPANY THAT BEFORE MY WINDOW HOSTING PACKAGE CAN START TO WORK I WILL NEED TO CHANGE THE NAME SERVICE TO SOME THING BLA BAL, IS THAT THE CASE IN OTHER .THAT IF I WANT TO USE WWW.I WILL NEED TO PAY ADDITIONAL CHARGES OTHER WISE I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO USE THAT AND MY ACCOUNT WILL NOT BE ACTIVATE
Re: I Need Help On How To Upload My Site by Webbullion(m): 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2008
You can upload ur files online directly is free, just click on that link below and enter the info required.

http://www.ftplive.com/ftp.php?phpftp_logout=logout

(1) (Reply)

I'm Willing To Pay N300 Per Dollar For: / Tell Us What You Want & Your Website Is Up In 24 Hours / Bulk Text Messaging Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.