Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,995 members, 7,931,427 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 04:21 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (531634 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2007
Hugoboi

Only a spastic would see that and think i was, how did you put it "Trying to kick knowledge". NO YOU PR@CK!! You obviously did not see that i was looking for a more refined way to tell you to stop "Taking it up your tongue "

Listen i have crossed swords with better muppets than you, even when it comes to scummies, you are the least, FFS even Rikkyjen throws a better punch than you.

you said, "for another thread",   you actually are dumb to think i would be led by your STUPIDITY

This issue will not be of any benefit to me and all, so i will let it die. as getting into a words fight with you, would be highly boring and a waste of my bleeping time.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Razorr(f): 5:03pm On Apr 18, 2007
Hugo, leave my boyfriend alone o angry, before I start practising some Lara Croft stunts on you!    grin   grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2007
Gooners cool

This has been a very tense issue, which i have been following since the begining, now that the Chairman P Diddy (as Arseblogger likes to call him) Hill-Woods has finally come out to speak his mind, and members of the Arsenal Trust and other supporter groups have openly expressed their opposition to this, i think i can now bring this issue up in the house.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2059461,00.html

Now we all know that the Take over sword has been swing over our heads like a bad cloud, being the norm today with clubs (especially in the Premeirship) being bought over, are we seeing the trend finally catching up with Arsenal.

Not to bore everyone with details, but it seems some top shareholders and Board memebers are tired of running the club, after sorting out the building and movement to the new stadia, and arranging the loans and debt payments. As well as the re-development of the Highbury Flats project.

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=583&cntnt01origid=30&cntnt01returnid=42

FINANCIAL REPORT

Now, we see what takeovers have done for clubs, injecting well needed finance into the coffers of any club, we have seen it for the Russians, and the scummies, and we will see it next season for the Pool. which begs the question; ARE WE BEING LEFT BEHIND

Granted gooners will want to take pride in saying we are holding on to tradition, but as we have seen with the stadia move, Tradition has/can be broken. Arsene talks of keeping the values of the club, but can afford to be left behind in the major money stakes Unless UEFA or FIFA put foward a salary cap on players wages or Money barrier on Transfer fees, will we be able to compete with the other big 3

What does everyone think, the scummies tried to protest against the glazers, but nothing came of it, Can we succeed in keeping Kroenke away, or is it only a matter of time (sooner than we think actually) and will Wenger stay if that is the case

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=580&cntnt01origid=30&cntnt01returnid=42

AND WENGERS VIEWS (with Palmers analysis

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=577&cntnt01origid=30&cntnt01returnid=42

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=576&cntnt01origid=30&cntnt01returnid=42

One to ponder

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2007
Loyika tongue

What do you mean when you said you and i have crossed swords? smiley Have we? i dont think so.Maybe the Assnal review.co.uk.igwe.wenger.Dein links stuff abi? grin grin cheesy cheesy.

Actually, i saw that scenario as an exchange of banter between rivals and you neva stop the thingy sef angry angry grin cheesy

Wonder when you go stop? wink

You saw d PFA list right?whatchu think? I know you will intentionally ignore ur "DIVA" and go for an underperforming Fabregas
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 6:51pm On Apr 18, 2007
Rikky cool

1, No mind me jo grin

2, Err Bro this is an Arsenal thread, when did scummies become the judges on the links Gooners can put up on their thread Rikky for once read the links and see how they relate to what is being said tongue, before you give your thoughts. Most times when it comes to issues like the one i talked about, its only "Credible" Bloggers that look beyond the Bullsh@t usually given in the main Club site (its like watching NTA to actually give you factual stories, ain't going to happen)

For every Arsenal supporter, Arsenal Review blog is as real as it gets (ask any Gonner that knows his onions) So why should i see something being discussed and pass it as my own thoughts, while more vast journalist like Mr. Palmer get first hand info and look at things more in depth Like i said, take a second and read the links in relation to my post cool

3, I will say this so you all will leave this "I hate everything United Alone" Ronaldo is the best player right now in the world, He deserves FIFA World player next year (esp if he and Portugal have a good Euros) I also said the same thing to JK. Divino has been one Scum player that i have praised (and yes criticised) same as Shrek, Rio and Giggs. anyone would think i don't criticise Arsenal, the way you guys keep going on Whereas i am the first to criticise any Arsenal player i feel is not performing (and most NL Gooners do that on the regular, check previous posts for evidence)

Finally let me say this, Anything Manscum get this season, they deserve cool What pisses everyone off is the fact that you guys haven't won anything (Yet) and you are making so much noise, while we know that a few slip ups here and there could basically leave you all with nothing. Anyway, we all wait and watch what will happen undecided

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 7:01pm On Apr 18, 2007
OH SH@T shocked

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2060309,00.html

I see trouble brewing in Arsenal land angry angry

see what i am talking about

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 8:06pm On Apr 18, 2007
This is sad news.

All the train this afternoon were talking about it.

I see a troubled period if this matter is not put to rest decisvely.

I am AGAINST a takeover but what power do I have if the board decides to go that route.

Arsenal I will love you no matter what but please let us have as much pride in the club as is possible.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 8:57pm On Apr 18, 2007
this is so sad are we becoming another chelsea
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Mustay(m): 9:05pm On Apr 18, 2007
Take over 'll be d best thing to happen to paupers.
AIG- Arsenal Is Good! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 10:05pm On Apr 18, 2007
Dein has finally gone! I heard he was in support of a takeover and the others were not, plus he was Wenger's biggest backing on the board

This issue better be resolved quickly - Arsenal FC should be about footie, not about pounds and pennies. angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Mustay(m): 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2007
What Assnal can't do, Chelsea can do best!
4. 4. 4! Ah
where them dey? Only d club located at fulham road, west london can rule London!
blue RULES!
Others follow
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 10:23pm On Apr 18, 2007
It seems that for now that the people against the takeover have won this round.

But it means that the threat is real enough and they have managed to sway Dien.

Lets hope the board stays strong and resist the lure of impersonal money.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2007
If am not mistaken,Arse is a PLC.If the corporate raider wants to take over Arse,nothing can stop him provided he can put in a good offer
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 10:35pm On Apr 18, 2007
they need to get 30% before any takeover bid can happen, Dein owns 15%, even if he sells to Kroenke, its still not enough (added to the 11%) he owns to make a takeover bid, the rest of the shares belong to ordinary holders and they wont sell (I hope)

the board has said its own shares 45.5% are not on sale, at least for the next one year guaranteed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Mustay(m): 10:36pm On Apr 18, 2007
Ò ma sè ó
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:38pm On Apr 18, 2007
debosky:

they need to get 30% before any takeover bid can happen, Dein owns 15%, even if he sells to Kroenke, its still not enough (added to the 11%) he owns to make a takeover bid, the rest of the shares belong to ordinary holders and they wont sell (I hope)

the board has said its own shares 45.5% are not on sale, at least for the next one year guaranteed.

i hope so sad
a takeover will hurt the club sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Mustay(m): 10:41pm On Apr 18, 2007
4 where? 4 heart or 4 ass?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 10:43pm On Apr 18, 2007
debosky:

I am not fully conversant with the facts here but if the board and Dein,collectively own 60.5%,that gives him 28.5% other shares he can choose from apart from his.

He can start making a takeover bid now even without first reaching the 30% mark.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 10:51pm On Apr 18, 2007
that is not accurate, dein holds approx 14% worth 57million quid, the rest of the board holds 45.45%

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=422843&cc=5901

dude can bring his money in, but no takeover angry

stock exchange rules prevent a take-over (public that is) without 30%, since the rest of the board is adamant in not selling, he needs that 30% to start anything.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 11:06pm On Apr 18, 2007
debosky:

that is not accurate, dein holds approx 14% worth 57million quid, the rest of the board holds 45.45%

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=422843&cc=5901

dude can bring his money in, but no takeover angry

stock exchange rules prevent a take-over (public that is) without 30%, since the rest of the board is adamant in not selling, he needs that 30% to start anything.

I don't want to deluge this thread with the details of the takeover regime in the U.K but the rules don't prevent a take-over offer being initiated prior to the 30% mark.They only oblige a take-over bidder to make an offer at that point.

If he gets 54.5% of the shares,the board will be in the minority and its only a matter of time b4 they capitulate grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:08pm On Apr 18, 2007
ok sir, but the board has signed an agreement not to sell for 1 year, and have expressed willingness to continue holding the shares after that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 11:13pm On Apr 18, 2007
debosky:

ok sir, but the board has signed an agreement not to sell for 1 year, and have expressed willingness to continue holding the shares after that.

Why didn't they sign it for 3 years?They are only playing "hard to get" to get as much as possible for their shares.This is normal practice in take-over situations in the Corporate world.Just give it time and you would soon join us in being American owned grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:22pm On Apr 18, 2007
pre-intimacy  angry

we are not an ashewo club angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 9:26am On Apr 19, 2007
He does not have 30% and cannot get it.  Hence he cannot oblige anyone to do jack shit.

Well done Arsenal, for keeping us as a non- Ashewo club for at least another year.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 9:26am On Apr 19, 2007
True story from an Arsenal season-ticket holder

His season-ticket last year was an absolute plum seat half way up the
Highbury main stand close to the half-way line. In other words, a TV
camera
style view.

Anyway, after the first few games of the season it became apparent that
despite all the home games being sell-outs, the two seats on his left
were always empty. This continued until just after Christmas when all of a
sudden a guy and his young son appeared there.

After a few weeks of sitting next to this guy and his son, he decided to
ask if the guy knew why the seats had been empty for half the season.
The response is legendary:

'Yeah don't even go there mate. The wife bought me and my son a season
ticket but decided it would be a nice idea to give us them for
Christmas. I was f***in' raging!'
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 9:28am On Apr 19, 2007
Arsenal face hostile takeover after Dein divorce
By Myles Palmer

Peter Hill-Wood's statement is a recipe for Arsenal instability.

How can the directors say they won't sell for a year?

No serious business puts out statements like that. It's a pathetic and imbecilic statement.

How can you say, "In light of recent speculation with regards to the ownership of the club, the remaining board members, who together own 45.45% of the issued share capital of the company, would like to reassure the supporters, shareholders and employees of Arsenal Football Club that they remain long-term holders of their interests in the club.

"To this effect, they have entered into an agreement not to dispose of their shares for at least one year and have confirmed that they intend to retain their interests on the expiration of this period."

We own 45% and we're not selling because it's an English institution that's been in my family since 1930 ?

Please ! Get real ! In the world we now inhabit, Arsenal directors can't say : We've agreed not to dispose of our shares for one year.

WHAT KIND OF SIGNAL IS THAT STATEMENT ?

Does it generate stability at the club that prides itself on being the most stable in English football ? Of course not. The statement is a massive own-goal. Peter Hill-Wood is a smashing bloke, I love him dearly, but this statement goes too far, says too much, and betrays a big company that turned over more than £100 million in the last six months.

FACT : On Tuesday, season ticket holders got their renewal letters : Dear Joe Bloggs, Thanks for your support this season. Please send us a cheque for £1,800.

FACT : On Wednesday, David Dein's gone !

The guy who does the deals has left Arsenal. The guy who goes out and fights the crooks and sharks in France, Italy, Holland, Spain and Brazil and comes back with the footballers.

Who will do that job now? Not Peter Hill-Wood, you can be sure. Not Keith Edelman either.

After a statement like this, how can Arsenal go to Samuel Eto'o and say : Join our club, sign till 2011 - but we might have new owners in 2008. Arsenal are a big club with a cheap young team that is uncompetitive. The team needs money. The team needs new faces who can excite the 60,000 punters by scoring spectacular goals like Ronaldo, Rooney and Drogba score.Without that investment, the Big Four will become the Big Three and Arsenal will be chasing fourth place every year, as they did in 2006 and 2007.

THIS MESSY SITUATION will not last till June 2008. No way will this take till 2008, I'll bet my house on that.

David Dein can sell his 14.5 % to Stan Kroenke, who already has 11.26%, so Kroenke will then have 25.76 % of the company.

He would have more shares than Danny Fiszman.
He would be Arsenal's biggest shareholder.
Then Kroenke can appoint a director to the board.
He can appoint David Dein to represent his interests.

This year we heard that Danny Fiszman and David Dein were not on speaking terms.

Now the Fiszman-Dein divorce will lead to a Kroenke-Dein alliance and Kroenke can buy another 5% from Landsowne Partners, the hedge fund, if they have 5%. They have been acquiring shares for just this eventuality.

With 30%, Stan Kroenke has to make an offer for the whole club.

On Wednesday, another 216 shares changed hands.

Fasten your seatbelts, chaps : this is shaping up like a hostile takeover that could see Arsenal sold for £600 million.

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=588&cntnt01origid=30&cntnt01returnid=42

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 9:32am On Apr 19, 2007
Now the real major issue for all the supporters; WILL ARSENE SOON LEAVE

Here's Palmers view as well, then i will give my own thoughts undecided

With David Dein gone, will Arsene Wenger stay ?
By Myles Palmer

DAVID DEIN has left Arsenal today due to "irreconcilable differences" with the other directors
On the same day that The Guardian's David Conn wrote a story quoting chairman Peter Hill-Wood saying that he, Danny Fizsman, Lady Nina and the Carrs would be horrified if the ownership of the club ever passed across the Atlantic, we hear the news just after 6pm on Wednesday : David Dein has left the club.

As you know, Dein brought George Graham to Arsenal in 1986 and he brought Arsene Wenger to the club in 1996.

There was an executive vacuum at Arsenal before he joined the board in 1983 and Dein soon became vice-chairman. Before that the club had been run by Ken Friar, the Secretary, as it had been run by previous Secretary Bob Wall for decades.

David Dein made Arsenal more ambitious and he proved to be smarter than his friend Irving Scholar had been at Tottenham.

Arsenal is the most important thing in Dein's life, apart from his family. His priority was always to spend money on the team, wherever possible. Chairman Peter Hill-Wood said,"On behalf of the board I would like to express our gratitude to David Dein for the many years of loyal service he has given to the club. "We sincerely regret that irreconcilable differences between Mr Dein and the rest of the board have necessitated a parting of the ways.

"In light of recent speculation with regards to the ownership of the club, the remaining board members, who together own 45.45% of the issued share capital of the company, would like to reassure the supporters, shareholders and employees of Arsenal Football Club that they remain long-term holders of their interests in the club. "To this effect, they have entered into an agreement not to dispose of their shares for at least one year and have confirmed that they intend to retain their interests on the expiration of this period."

For at least one year ? Bear in the mind that Arsene Wenger's contract was extended in October 2004 and runs till May 31, 2008.

One wonders : Is this really a resignation?

Is it goodbye or au revoir?

Does David Dein, whose wife Barbara is American,  plan to come back if Stan Kroenke eventually takes over ?

The next few months will be interesting !

Dein was at the game last night, when Arsenal beat Manchester City 3-1, so this has obviously come to a head in the last few hours. My guess is that Dein wanted to explore the possibility of asking Stan Kroenke to make an investment in the team.

Money for the team is badly needed. But obviously the board did not want to go down that road, or even think about it.

Since the club went into debt to build the Emirates, Arsene Wenger has been given an overall budget. A total sum he can spend on wages and transfers. And he is a prudent money manager. Always has been. His squads have been thin for a decade. In that, he is a bit of a masochist. He knows he might suffer, and take flak, but he would rather suffer than spend irresponsibly.

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=587&cntnt01origid=30&cntnt01returnid=42

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 9:46am On Apr 19, 2007
P- Diddy Woods say's Arsene will stay

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/6570621.stm

The Turntable begins at a time we don't need this Sh@t, so Arsene will now be used as a Pawn. One thing i know about the Gaffer, he hates being involved in football politics, a la what happens at that Circus called Real Madrid or what is rearing its head at Chelski, He won't stay around for that.

But as Myles said once, Kroenke will ask; "Is this Wenger the only coach in the world?"

WE DON'T NEED THIS SHI@T NOW angry

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 10:20am On Apr 19, 2007
Away from this Bull, see what this Ultimate Muppet is saying;

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/arsenal/article1674769.ece

why are all these guys from Spain (BAPS AND REYES) being sissys, Is Cesc not from spain is Fran M not from Bloody spain angry Julio SHUT THE HELL UP!! You have been rubbish, just say so. You think Madrid will take you back (and even if they are stupid enough to do that, how many games do you feel you will get BOZO)

I Will be so pissed if this clown is still wearing an Arsenal Jersey next season angry

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 11:35am On Apr 19, 2007
That Myles Palmer sounds like an idiot.

Stability for at least one year is better than no stability at all.

I would have liked them to sign an agreement for 3 years but at least they did one for 1 year which is better than if they had not signed anything at all!

I hope that next year the board are able to sign another agreement for another 5 years!

Arsenal4life.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:38am On Apr 19, 2007
@loyika i want him out .he and his twin brother Adebayor angry

@viera i want it to be 10 years sef
all this talk of takeover is gettin people on the edge sad

real gunner for lyfe kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 11:46am On Apr 19, 2007
Lets wait and see what happen at the end of teh season

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.