Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,763 members, 7,935,270 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 05:27 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (532318 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ayusman16(m): 9:52pm On Oct 18, 2007
wonder why all these players are getting injured easily, their bones don turn to biscuit, RVP out for a month? Damn! Hope Dudu is fit cos man no fit trust Muki's hubby dis days grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2007
Muki's boo will do the job, and her secret admirer (Sagna) will supply the killer crosses wink

PS: was it Muki that told fine boy Bac to remove the blond attachment? grin grin

no forgetting this time

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ayusman16(m): 10:02pm On Oct 18, 2007
i thot as much oo cos d guy just change his look after spending some time with Muki during the sallah break grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 10:07pm On Oct 18, 2007
No wonder Muki was missing in action, she was helping Bac remove his braids! grin grin grin grin

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:40pm On Oct 18, 2007
yes Adebayor is my boo grin he would score on sunday , he must grin

Please leave my Hussy's hair alone o . the attachments na wa o shocked grin i had to beg him . wink thats why i left o

una nor serious grin grin

P.s Ayusman wehre is your tag? grin

Gunner 2009 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ayusman16(m): 10:43pm On Oct 18, 2007
Muki, u wld now make Adebayor jealous, just hope d heartbrk won't affect his game on Sun, Saggy is now lookin mukish!! cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:48pm On Oct 18, 2007
Adebayor would play and score o cheesy if not i would hate him extra .

Leave Bacs alone o grin let him look mukish grin

Gunner 2009 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 11:03pm On Oct 18, 2007
choose between the two of them muki tongue, you can't have both of them o grin.

Just admit your luff for Ade, stop using Bacs as coverup grin.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:07pm On Oct 18, 2007
wetin? grin

Bacs first then ade provided he performs agaisnt Bolton grin grin

Gunner 2009 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 2:38am On Oct 19, 2007
RVP missing out shouldnt be too much of a worry ! Adebayor, Bendtner , Eduardo and Walcott would fit in well as main and subs as long as we have at least 1 of Rosicky and Hleb fit !
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mrtunde(m): 10:07am On Oct 19, 2007
key battles
Key Battles: The players to watch on Saturday

Arsenal will return to their flourishing domestic campaign on Saturday when they entertain strugggling Bolton. The visitors, who parted company with Sammy Lee this week, have traditionally caused the Gunners problems. However they currently sit second from bottom and are without a manager. The Trotters have former Arsenal striker Nicolas Anelka in their ranks, but the Frenchman picked up an injury over the international break and is yet to be confirmed as available. This season Arsenal.com will be identifying the key battles for each Premier League game and bringing you all the statistics and information a fan could need. Swot up now and come Sunday you'll be impressing anyone who'll listen with your new-found knowledge.

Gael Clichy v Kevin Davies
Gael Clichy is fast emerging as one of the best left-backs in the Premier League. The young Frenchman has drawn plaudits from the press with his solid defending and his ambitious forays forward. He has successfully completed over 60 per cent of his dribbles and made 63 passes. His reading of the game has led to 11 clearances three blocked shots. Yet to score for the club, Gael plays as more of a link man in the final third and is a most valuable outlet. In his position he is used to all kinds of customers but in Kevin Davies he will be in for a tough afternoon. The big Bolton man has been a thorn in the side of many defenders over the years, and his no-nonsense physical approach has certainly ruffled a few feathers along the way. The Englishman is yet to score this season, but has shot goalwards five times. He makes good use of the ball, completing 66 per cent of passes, and has run with the ball on five occasions.

Key Battle

Cesc Fabregas v Gary Speed
The 20-year-old talent of Cesc Fabregas will go head-to-head with the Premier League’s most capped player on Saturday. Cesc is having a phenomenal season in the heart of the Arsenal midfield, scoring four and setting up six league goals. His ‘shoot on sight’ philosophy has seen him work the goalkeeper on 11 other occasions. Cesc has impressed fans and media alike by adding a tough approach to his game too. The Spaniard has made 14 tackles and put his body in the way of five shots. In Gary Speed he will be up against a highly-respected professional. Speed, recently part of Bolton’s coaching set-up, is yet to score but has shot at goal 10 times. He is fierce in the tackle, making 23 this season, and has wonderful vision. The former Welsh captain has made 40 successful passes so far this term. Speed recently relinquished his coaching duties to focus on his Bolton form.

Key Battle

Emmanuel Adebayor v Abdoulaye Meite
Arsenal’s Togolese star has had a difficult week while on international duty. The striker’s home country has failed to qualify for the African Cup of Nations and Adebayor is now dealing with the news that his strike partner Robin van Persie faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines. With his domestic campaign flourishing though, Arsenal fans can expect Adebayor to put it behind him and continue where he left off before the international break. The 23-year-old has scored six goals and hit the target 12 times. His influence on the team is demonstrated in his link-up play with 34 passes made. He is just as useful when running with the ball, completing more than 60 per cent of his dribbles,

Key Battle

Please note: These statistics are from the 2007/08 Premier League season.

Source: arsenal.com
[ Thursday, October 18, 2007]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 10:28am On Oct 19, 2007
Van Pepe why now? what is it with you dutch players sef? Calcium no dey una bones? angry Well Dudu it is your time to shine if person own no spoil another person own no fit better. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 10:59am On Oct 19, 2007
A-40, in typical neo-Arsenal style, Van P may come back from injury and have to fight for a position, with Bendtner Eddie, Walcott and Adebayor hitting massive form.

It's a great time to be a gooner.

PS - I just got my Arsenal membership pack in the post yesterday,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 11:20am On Oct 19, 2007
Yeah he would surely need to fight for his place especially when other strikers are in top form.Hopefully he would be back next month we have three straight away matches that will be very crucial to our chances of winning this league
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2007
One thing I'm glad about is that Gallas is fit, we really need to tighten up defensively, I'm still not convinced about our goalie - either Manuel 'Mumuni' Almunia or Jens 'I've lost my marbles' Lehmann undecided

Rozzy is still dicey, so I'd go with Diaby and Hleb on the wings again, with Flam and Cesc in the middle, and Ade and Dudu upfront. Bendtner, Walcott, Gilberto and Lehmann on the bench with Almumu starting.

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 3:10pm On Oct 19, 2007
Debo, in my opinion, we need a replacement for Rosicky - he's a marvellous player, but his injuries are no good. Almunia is functional, we need a proper keeper like Sunderland's Craig Gordon. Also, I think we need to start using Bentdner a bit more - he was fantastic for Denmark during the international break, and he's always a threat to defences. I actually believe he'll be a handful in the air for the bigger defenders (J.Terry, Vidic)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2007
We may need a replacement, but apart from Luka Modric from Zagreb (who combines well with Dudu in the national team) I haven't seen anyone mention a winger in connection with us. Rosicky is good, we just need to realise we wont get more than 20-25 games from him in a season, which is really a shame.
Bendtner a bit more? Well maybe, I still think majority of his games will come in the CC and FA cup, but if we need to rotate a bit, I'm sure he'll get more games while RVP is out.

He isn't yet as experienced as he needs to be, and we all remember how torrid a treatment Reyes got when he was thrown in at the deep end against MU, he should be eased in slowly. I'd prefer we play just Ade upfront with Hleb in the hole if RVP is not fit by the MU game. But more importantly, we need to beat Bolton tomorrow and keep the run going. getting into your stride after international break is essential.

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 7:31pm On Oct 19, 2007
We should dispatch Bolton with ease that is not my bother i am not too bothered about the UTD game they are also going down my concern is at Anfield a win in that match would really calm my nerves.Rosicky hmmm with a little more consistency that guy would probably among the best 10 in the world year in year out we could use a left winger or an out and out striker Diaby is too slow for the flanks and we cant keep up with that.Bendtner is good and should be used as a sub in some prem games a goal or two in those games will boost his confidence and give him that swag he needs
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 9:08pm On Oct 19, 2007
I am not scared of Bolton too cool
afterall they woudl be coming to our home and at Emirates we make the rules cheesy

I know Ade would be upfront . maybe wenger will partner him with Dudu undecided

Its a sure win for us .

one game at time . lets deal with Bolts and nuts first . then we go on to anfield .

Lehmann or Almunia

btwcan anyone help me . i heard Germany lost 3-0 . was lehamnn the goalie lipsrsealed

Gunner 2009 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:14pm On Oct 19, 2007
don't worry, Lehmann wasn't the goalie, it was Borowski. wink

Bolton MUST go down tomorrow

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 9:34pm On Oct 19, 2007
ok cool grin mad Jens is still "there" cheesy

thanks bro wink

Bolts would defly crash tommorrow cool

trust Ade grin

Gunner 2009 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 10:12pm On Oct 19, 2007
Lameman Lehmann is not even on the bench! Its fine boy Fabianski and Almunia that will be the goalies for the game. cheesy

I trust Ade + Dudu to get the job done, I'm sure Cesc must be itching to score again, so he'll nick in a goal too cool

we will tie the new Bolton coach Knox into Knots tomorrow grin grin

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2007
@ Debosky,

Fabregas and Wenger won the player of the month and manger of the month respectively.
Big deal, innit?
The question here is when was the last time Arsene Wenger won it? grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 10:22pm On Oct 19, 2007
No i don't think its a big deal, that is simply a recognition of us being on top of the League table right now, and Fab's amazing goals

When last? I don't know really.

I stopped keeping track of that the same year I stopped counting how many golden boots Henry won in the premiership wink

Its a personal honour, nothing more. Winning titles and trophies is what counts.

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 10:28pm On Oct 19, 2007
@ Debosky,

Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is why i think u are miles better than most GAYNNERS here.
Wait till they hear the gist and count the number of threads that will generate from that news.
Coming across an astute GAYNNER is more difficult than finding Britney Spears in a turtle-neck!!!!!!!!!
Lets see what pans out with Bolton tomorrow wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:41pm On Oct 19, 2007
@ Debo

Yeah lil Cesc would fancy a goal o . that boy ehh cheesy
Ade+ Dudu = more goals! grin

Fabianski is aight too . so we are safe .

knox go hear us grin

Gunner 2009 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 10:29am On Oct 20, 2007
Jackal:

@ Debosky,

Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is why i think u are miles better than most GAYNNERS here.
Wait till they hear the gist and count the number of threads that will generate from that news.
Coming across an astute GAYNNER is more difficult than finding Britney Spears in a turtle-neck!!!!!!!!!
Lets see what pans out with Bolton tomorrow wink wink wink wink wink

May a well endowed donkey rape you!

The fact that a person is a gunner is an indication of his IQ levels.

Lehnsman is was nice knowing you sha. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 10:43am On Oct 20, 2007
Vieira:

May a well endowed donkey sex-attack you!

grin grin grin grin grin grin
May a 400-pound-GORILLA(like the one in the Cadbury Diary Milk commercial beating drums) spray cumshots in your anal cavity.

All hail Vieira's gay partner.
Check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbLr2NEV_7o&mode=related&search=  tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
This clip was after doing Vieira up his ARSE . . . .
I can now understand why this beast was as HAPPY as LARRY.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Razorr(f): 10:44am On Oct 20, 2007
Vieira:

[size=13pt]The fact that a person is a gunner is an indication of his poor IQ level.[/size]

That's the most accurate comment I've heard in ages!!!!!

No wonder most of the Area boys or agberos in Lagos wear gunner jerseys!!

It all makes sense now. grin cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 1:46pm On Oct 20, 2007
@razzor
Levels of stupidity have never gone higher than as shown in this thoughtless mix of words u put together.

I don't ubderstand why your hatred for us is so high. Let's take a stroll arround the collection of football fans on Nairaland and see for ourselves, Amodu, Rasque; see what this chelsea fan B-dex put up in one thread.

BdBedsBlue is the true color of the male gender and mostly favored by the female gender. so if you a true Blue then you a trtruly champ that people should be afraid of.  When the Blues are talking the other personnels shot their mouths and listen up.   let alALdaDArtruelues say CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wonder how he even learnt how to use the internet and there are still many other examples.

razzor, please u know much better, why do u have to hate when u know arsenall's better.  I think you should reason very well before putting up a qoute and making your stupity shown in bold fonts.

As for the agberos, please explain how anyone will hate such entertaining football that is presented by young prodigees, the fact that you don't like entertaining football does not mean you should hate on those that do.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ADESUWA(f): 1:53pm On Oct 20, 2007
@eldee
lmfao, phew, that was damn too harsh. he wasn't even the one that made the statement. But i fink he got the message anywayz.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 4:34pm On Oct 20, 2007
GOAAAALLLL!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

KING KOLO! grin

What a shot! This dude has been learning from hot shot RVP wink

Now Walcott needs to stop those dribbles and SCORE! tongue

Gunner 1915 cool grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.