Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,624 members, 7,914,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:10 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (528688 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by soliq55(m): 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2007
Liverpool (0) 1 vs Arsenal (2) 3 FT
Kuyt 72 Rosicky 37, 45
Henry 84

Congratulation to the gunners for the victory. grin grin
Nice game from Rosicky, Henry(the KING) and senderos.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 8:24pm On Jan 06, 2007
debosky:

another plus: manu eboue is back as well for saturday. Rosicky needs to score soon, all this hitting the bar and goalies making crazy saves on his shots must stop. I feel he will score alongside king Henry on saturday.

Another prediction comes true! I should start placing bets on Arsenal games cool

where is tosh?? the 'pool are our boys this season, even if we lose carling, this win is far more important to me.

Be warned the king is back!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2007
we shall win again . .
but i dnt think rafa will use small boys o grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2007
yeah, he'll be mad about the defeat we gave them.

seems all the arsenal haters have gone on vacation grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by CrazyMan(m): 8:38pm On Jan 06, 2007
Gunners won
Oh! no am so sad sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2007
Bunch of losers ,this will be the highlight Of Arsenal's season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 8:57pm On Jan 06, 2007
like flies on sh*t they come. . . . . typical hater behavior. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2007
Nah,typical; winner behaviour

6 points clear at the top

More trophies in our cabinet than u can dream of

What is there to hate ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:01pm On Jan 06, 2007
your hate isn't logical, its just in-built and pathological. y'all can't do anything about it.

we beat the 'pool today, we will celebrate our victory to the roof tops whether you like it or not.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by CrazyMan(m): 9:03pm On Jan 06, 2007
Yea and we gonna defeat Aston villa tomorrow wether you like it or not
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2007
we shall see. . . . . if you win you shall have the full right to celebrate, the same way we have done wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mrmayor(m): 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2007
I just got back from the pub,am half drunk from free beer from Man Utd fans, with Arsenal to win at 12/5 and Chelsea at 5/6 -2 goals,made kool €300 from a €5 investment not a bad way to start the weekend.Phew my boys just made me proud,proud to be a Gunner

All Hail King Henry de Great.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:32pm On Jan 06, 2007
mrmayor:

I just got back from the pub,am half drunk from free beer from Man Utd fans, with Arsenal to win at 12/5 and Chelsea at 5/6 -2 goals,made kool €300 from a €5 investment not a bad way to start the weekend.Phew my boys just made me proud,proud to be a Gunner

All Hail King Henry de Great.

lol . .i see you really enjoyed wink grin

@4play are you jealous? tongue grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by freaskie(m): 1:46am On Jan 07, 2007
[b][/b]The playas should be cautioned with too much non-chalant attitude when winning. After the 3rd goal, the playas put themselves under undue pressure. Losing possesion cheaply. Even Henry-the igwe, almost caused us a goal after he scored and we were lucky the refree did not blow for a penalty after that becos i was clear it was a penalty.

Sweet Victory sha
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 5:34am On Jan 07, 2007
our defence is still a bit dodgy and all over the place, sendoros tried though

that their keeper is Ekpa, we made them look ordinary, not that they aint,same as man u tongue in their backyard
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 9:20am On Jan 07, 2007
all hail the pride of north london.

Rosicky was simply superb. i think that guy alonso should learn from thomas.
classic first goal,superb second goal

and ooooooooooops

what a third goal

H E N R Y actually gave himself a through pass and scored(how about that)

it was precise,accurate and well delivered

and the sprint(asafa powell is scared now)

the IGWE IS BACK

ALL YOU HATERS Bleep OFF.

AND WHERE THE HELL IS THAT PARASITE (TOSHMAN)

U WILL ALWAYS REMAIN OUR BOYS

G U N N E R S
F O R
S H I Z Z L E
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 12:58pm On Jan 07, 2007
the 21st of January cometh soon,

and on that day, the red devil shall be condemned to the dungeon at the emirates,

oh that day of victory for the gunners,

oh that day when He strikes, he shall strike with full force,

who is he, he hath a number, the number 14,

congrats gunners in advance, for we shall triumph,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mrmayor(m): 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2007
Lordimpaq,

AMEN
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 2:37pm On Jan 07, 2007
Debosky and Loyika(and I, even if not posted) predicted Rosicky and Igwe would score and alas we were right, una think say na for fun bar beach dey show craze dey overflow?? Haters una do well o, cos as una dey hate na hin we dey fly high!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 2:57pm On Jan 07, 2007
He was hiding all along and some supporters of Liverpool made mockrey of him if he actually was in that game, But the goal he scored came as a shock cos they were not even expecting it.
Thank God for Tomas Rosicky, he covered Fabrepass very well, actuall it was Fabre he might not have gone on goal those two occasions he might have wanted to pass the ball But thank God Rosicky didn't he went for goal.
Steven G was on holiday during the game it was just Kuyt and Crouch that were their killer men, Arsenal has shown what they are made of, they will never loose to Liverpool in an FA cup tie, not in this life.

ARSENAL RULES, cool

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by toshmann(m): 2:46pm On Jan 08, 2007
cry cry arsenal . . hic . . . cry e no go better for una cry . . . . hic . . . cry . . . una no go win anything this yr . . . hic . . . . . cry fa cup o . . . . premiership o. . . . .UCL o . . . . . cry una no go win any . . . una go smell am . . . . but una no go touch am . . . . cry cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 3:01pm On Jan 08, 2007
Whinings of a demented club supporter!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by otolorin(m): 3:16pm On Jan 08, 2007
toshmann:

cry cry arsenal . . hic . . . cry e no go better for una cry . . . . hic . . . cry . . . una no go win anything this yr . . . hic . . . . . cry fa cup o . . . . premiership o. . . . .UCL o . . . . . cry una no go win any . . . una go smell am . . . . but una no go touch am . . . . cry cry cry

save sum of the weepin for the next arsenal - pool fixture . . . then you can take a bucket, 'cos its gonna be dat much water comin from your eyes.
grin grin grin grin

truth is, benitez has to do something, i've got some brotherly concerns for the present pool form. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 3:42pm On Jan 08, 2007
@Toshmann, get ready to cry urself a river again 2moro when ur boys would have been pummeled!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 4:18pm On Jan 08, 2007
@ kituan

tell the guy, maybe he needs more Gunning. He would receive more 2morow.

ARSENAL RULES.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 5:40pm On Jan 08, 2007
Now after all the high fives and back slapping, lets look in house as a family and tell ourselves some home truths.

Firstly, yeah we won the game, but there were still enough things to be worried about with our performance, as the match reports go, what we won were the key battles/moments and luck went our way with 2 key incidents Alonso's pen and the other Pen that Henry could have cause.

Secondly, Eboue is a disgrace tongue, and as much as i am an african and would support any of our brothers plying their trade outsides our shores, Eboue's antics are nothing short of tongue He cost us that goal because of his rubbish, Why does he chose to cheat, it was so obvious that he wasn't injured, I am sure Wenger will be pissed off at him, did you see the way Gary Lewin dragged him off, as they brought on J Hoyte. The boy is becoming a bloody disgrace, and Lauren couldn't come back any sooner. If he continues like this, believe me Wenger will sell him[b][/b] angry

Two match analysis for you guys, they are quite objective;

http://arsenal-mania.com/articles/3103468/Arsenal-control-key-moments-to-beat-Liverpool.html

http://www.anr.uk.com/articles/m-2007-01-08-10-29-40.html

Next issue! We got Fat sam and the retirement home team in the next round (alway have to do things the hard way ) But the only up side to that is that at least we are at home, and if we can't beat them at home and beat them well, then i can't honestly see where we will ever beat them (a draw does us no good, cause that means we will then have to play a return fixture at the Reebok, and as we all know "that ain't good news" can we all say "De ja vu!! undecided"

The Pool again tomorrow Hmm!! well the onus is on Rafa, does he play a full strenght squad in other to get revenge, and risk injuries for saturday (well what i do know is that Craig bellamy should play) or those he go for reserve players (do the Pool have a reserve team ) oh well, some of our first 11 should feature, with guys like Bap and theo also amking the frame. Will Fab get a run out , i hope so, and i hope Ade plays as well cool. all and all if we are tight, we could nick it, as they will come for us with all they've got, (which wasn't good on saturday grin)

Heard we might be selling Freddie!? Hmmm still have no opinion on that one, but guess he had to leave sometime as he is getting old and might not get the games he requires, but i still think we should let him see through his contract and leave on his own, he deserves that much.

I have asked this before, and i ask again, Why keep a player like Aliadiere and then want to let someone like Lupoli go (someone that scores hattricks and has proven himself even in the reserves ) That will never sieze to amase me.

Nice one Rosicky cool Lets keep it up chap.

so on to tuesday guys, Lets get behind the lads

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE ARMY!! Lets be having Ya!! Hatrick against the POOL grin

1 nil will do us nicely, or will lightening strike twice and we see 3 goals again (will renia be in goal, or will dudek get another chance grin wink)

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 7:47pm On Jan 08, 2007
@ loyika

Eboue could be very strong at the back and at the same time very fustrating, he shouldn't have gone down then cos it was a very crucial or would i say risky falling on that spot as a defender of course that's what brought about the goal.

you spoke of selling Eboue, Arsene can never think of that now cos there is no solid replacement for him now, Hoyte you know very well is shaky and[b] Lauren[/b] is so rusty having been absent for almost a year now, Freddie could be saying goodbye to Arsenal cos i've always hated his slogish style of play and the way he does his leg anytime he is with the ball, Speaking of Lupoli i don't really know why we want to release him out cos the guy is really on fire and as for Aliadiere he is not that bad, the guy has a bright future ahead of him, i so much believe in him, just give him a little more time then we'll see the best of him.

My prediction for tomorrow's game
Liverpool 1 Arsenal 2

ARSENAL RULES
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2007
aliadiere? bright future??

after 6 years at arsenal we are still talking future?? forget that crap - sell the dude off pronto. we should keep lupoli and or bendtner, stokes is already gone, and too much youth hasnt done us that much good anyways. what we need is to focus and get enough genuine true talent and get rid of mediocre.

eboue has to correct himself before he crashes, one season's performance seems to be getting to his head.

definitely we didnt play as well as we should, considering we didnt have cesc on, i wasnt shocked. in addition PLEASE Gallas come back soon!!!

Wenger needs to quit with the frenchie loyalty and get rid of ali pronto!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 11:33pm On Jan 08, 2007
Aladiye(the chicken 1) has no future in Arsenal abeg, make dem sell the guy to Southend or Macclesfield!! Na 2day?? Arsene pls give us Lauren and let Eboue shape in or ship out, his performances of recent have been nothing 2 write home about yet he gets into unnecesary squabbles and diving episodes, na wa o!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amoke115: 5:30am On Jan 09, 2007
did u guys notice how well Senderos played against liver-lesspool?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by SirKay3(m): 10:36am On Jan 09, 2007
We are fielding a complete team against Liverpool tonight. Diaby is back and may play, while Lauren had a minor injury. Adebayour is not 100% fit yet, but may play against Blackburn on Saturday.

@ amoke115,

Senderos did play well against Liverpool as u said, but could be jittery sometimes
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 11:08am On Jan 09, 2007
@Sir Kay, yeah u r rite about Senderos, pls Gallas come back naw? *thanx for d call bros, expecting ur mail*

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.