Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,214 members, 7,967,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 06:38 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (676) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (538550 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 9:36pm On Sep 17, 2008
porto 3-1 fernebache

this group would be interesting

Utd follow us draw
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by toluxa1(m): 9:41pm On Sep 17, 2008
You pple cant even learn from CHELSEA. Up blues
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vichel(m): 9:44pm On Sep 17, 2008
Carry ur yeye blues chant commot for here slowpoke angry

Glad we scored, i ca't believe ade made a mess of it from close range, thank u gallas cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 9:47pm On Sep 17, 2008
What is it with these nights in eastern europe?
We should have been 3 goals up in the first half and we blew it.
For AW.
Why bring on Bendtner(who is as quick as an Ajegunle snail)and remove Song
who had been above average in defensive midfield?
We rode our luck tonight and we were lucky to escape with a draw.
(At a point, I had given up)
Let's hope we will do better next time around.
Lastly,Why was RVP angry at being substituted?
I thought he stayed too long on the pitch.
I am just thinking what could have happened if Vela had those chances!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 10:31pm On Sep 17, 2008
God punish that referee ooh!! angry how could he have blown that for a penalty?Our first-half misses came to bite us again the team was rather flat footed today i hope they have learnt how to take their chances once and for all,Walcott did a good job by driving that killa cross that Adebayor would have missed from 3 yards if not for Gallas's intervention
That Bendtner na waste of space hmm i can only imagine how difficult our game at Fenerbache will be ohh well on to Bolton and only all three points will do
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Hannibal: 10:35pm On Sep 17, 2008
HNIC:

What is it with these nights in eastern europe?
We should have been 3 goals up in the first half and we blew it.

I just saw the highlights. . . . . Arsenal didn't play badly.
The only question is, what was Gallas doing in the centre forward position?
Walcott's delivery into the box was PEACH. . . . . He made it easy for Gallas/Adebayor to bundle the ball in.
Good game but Adebayor, Van Persie and Fab4 should be more clinical.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Bobbyb(m): 10:46pm On Sep 17, 2008
ARSE 4 LIFEEEE cool cool cool cool cool smiley smiley smiley smiley smileyGrizz nd Amodu it will b better 4 all nairalanders if u guys stop poknosing nd get back 2 ur teams,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2008
what did I say about our defending?

Kiev were poor, if not they should have won that game.

They had 2 against 1 and could not score.

Our defence looks all at sea too many times.

That goal by kiev came from sloppy play by Gallas, missing a ball entirely.

I think we need more options in defence.

Adebayor was wasteful again today, V.persie was equally guilty.

I hope they improve very soon.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:05pm On Sep 17, 2008
Crizzz tongue
we saw  tongue . .na fight? tongue

Loyiks kiss

A40
i  give up on refs jo angry
thank God for Gallas grin we did it again
It was scary really really scary .
maybe we wrote them off . but Kyiv had a good game
We didnt take the chances we had and we paid for it .
anyway we have an away goal . let them come to emirates . . angry grin
we are waiting
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 11:17pm On Sep 17, 2008
*away goal*
That counts for nothing in the group stages.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by yommys01(m): 11:19pm On Sep 17, 2008
we were lucky to have got a draw. The whole team was just average today. We have got an important away point. At least we are better than those who got a draw at home, I am not going to mention names but you know them abi ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 11:51pm On Sep 17, 2008
@yommys01
Lol

That ref is a bloodclot we need to Bleep Porto up when they come to the Emirates no long thing
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by agaba123(m): 11:57pm On Sep 17, 2008
When is Eduardo returning?
Eduardo please come back. Our season will start from where it stopped last season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 12:07am On Sep 18, 2008
Oga V smiley
Yeah but its better than losing na  smiley
I know only points count smiley
but it was a relief that we levelled than we had lost
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 12:15am On Sep 18, 2008
Eduardo will be back by November only God knows when Rosicky will be back we have really missed that guy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 6:44am On Sep 18, 2008
Mukina, very true. I was so relieved as well.

A40, how can we miss someone that has never really been there? Rosicky is really so far a waste of money.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cesc04: 8:53am On Sep 18, 2008
I dont feel we played too badly though our play was disjointed most times.At times it felt like the players acted restricted.I guess they already had a mindset to play out for a draw, giving AW's formation and the fact that he had been harping all week long about it being a good result.

What does bother me is ade's incredible nack for missing clear cut chances shocked.for someone who has spent the best part of 7-8years doing one particular thing (play the striking role) one would think he ought to have gotten the plot by now.cool he does score loads at times,but my worry's that this penchant of his might hurt us real bad someday.imagine he even missed the goal from all of 3yards but for gallas!

RVP also needs to get his act together.besides Vela should be given a more consistent run in the team.I am so impressed with denilson, the boy's growing in stature and positional awareness with each passing game.I have a feeling he could end up one of arsenal's greats some day.flamini who? grin tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Raimond(m): 9:50am On Sep 18, 2008
It was an okay game for me,but for some reason i felt we had a plan to play safe and get at least a draw because if we had raised our game just by 10% more, we would have mauled those guys.Kiev were just an okay team on the night, not the type we should be struggling against,contrary to pre-match opinion.

My hero of the night was Denilson,before now i felt he was too `shy` to be brazilian, or rather there was something unBrazilian about him,but i guess the guy is proving me wrong by the day.He needs more games and he`ll be way up there.

Adebayor is yet to warm himself back into my heart.Goossh!!the guy should be converted to an attacking midfielder.

Song did just well,he didn`t need to be substituted.

Fab4 was shadowed on the night by Denilson.

Walcott was also a class act,if he keeps those sterling performances up, and improve on his weak areas,England might actually be witnessing the emergence of another legend.Don`t forget,players like him come once in a generation.

Gallas,thanks for the goal,but i didn`t feel him,not with those Sanderos-type blunders.

RVP-what was Wenger thinking,letting stay that long on the pitch.Beleive me Vela is the way forward,because at the moment,he is more clinical.

Please can someone tell me what Bendtner is still doing in the 1st team-that Giraffe is a reserve team material,Vela is way ahead of him (Not in height though)

Mukina, i`m beginning to feel your boyfriend grin Ebouezza is really beginning to impress me.Only if he can work on his final touch,he`ll still be relevant to the set up.

In all twas okay,though it could have been better.The rest of the guys just did enough.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Raimond(m): 11:14am On Sep 18, 2008
Yesterday`s rating by the Sun

Manuel Almunia 6
Bacary Sagna 5
Kolo Toure 6
William Gallas 6
Gael Clichy 6
Theo Walcott 8
Cesc Fabregas 7
Alexandre Song 5
Denilson 6
Robin van Persie 7
Emmanuel Adebayor 6

SUBS: Bendtner (Song) 6, Eboue (Sagna) 6, Vela (Van Persie) 6. Subs not used: Fabianski, Ramsey, Wilshere, Djourou.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1702605.ece
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2008
I agree with a poster here, Eboue is really becoming impressive somewhat

Adebayor is such a case, how did he not score that sitter

RVP was ok 4 me, his link up play was impressive, Cesc, well, its a good thing we're still progressing even when he's not playing too well, when he ups his game, I want 2 believe we'll be more explosive

Defence remains my worry.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Raimond(m): 12:43pm On Sep 18, 2008
mystikal:

Defence remains my worry.

I agree with you.Our defence is not yet a compact unit,i don`t know if we need to buy or work on what we have.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 12:43pm On Sep 18, 2008
@Raimond
Bendtner a giraffe grin grin i cant stop laughing una no go kill person but i wonder why Arsene is not unleashing Vela yet he is more of a goal threat than Bendtner i wasnt too impressed by the boys last night well besides Walcott but i am just glad we didnt lose

@Vieira
We do need Rosicky in that team he is a world-class player when he is fit just like RVP
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Raimond(m): 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2008
A-40:

@Raimond
Bendtner a giraffe grin grin i can't stop laughing una no go kill person but i wonder why Arsene is not unleashing Vela yet he is more of a goal threat than Bendtner i wasnt too impressed by the boys last night well besides Walcott but i am just glad we didnt lose

@Vieira
We do need Rosicky in that team he is a world-class player when he is fit just like RVP

You feel me A-40, Carlos Vela is the way forward,he needs a lot more playing time than he is getting,so his confidence-level can grow.The guy is quite sharp in front of goal.In the absence of Eduardo,Vela can fill in for him.Bendtner`s  ball control is so pathetic.If Vela gets half the chances Bendtner gets,i can bet you he`ll convert 98% of them.
I so much beleive in that guy.Can u imagine the sitter Fabregas dashed the keeper,Vela would have buried it with his left foot.

If anyone is in doubt,watch the sheffield game on tuesday,where i beleive he`ll have a full game.

Some friends were arguing that Bendtner has been in the scheme of things longer than Vela,and as such understands the team better,but i totally and completely disagree.It is not about how long one has been in the team,but one that can get the job done.

Yeah we need Rozzi back and soon too,but if my eyes are not deceiving me and i see Eboue improving the way he is doing, and polishes up his last ball,Rozzi will really need to fight his way back to the team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 1:19pm On Sep 18, 2008
@Raimond
I was convinced on Vela since pre-season i was expecting Arsene to throw him in the scheme of things more often than he does well the Carling Cup is starting pretty soon and hopefully Vela would leave Wenger no choice but to play him ahead of Bendtner because he is ice-cold in front of goal

Eboue might be having a good run but player pass player.Rozzi possesses technique that Eboue can only dream of a fully fit Rosicky will definitely start in any Arsene line-up they don't call him the Little Mozart for nothing
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Raimond(m): 1:32pm On Sep 18, 2008
A-40:

Eboue might be having a good run but player pass player.Rozzi possesses technique that Eboue can only dream of a fully fit Rosicky will definitely start in any Arsene line-up they don't call him the Little Mozart for nothing

Rozzi is masterclass,i`ll concede to that anytime. Anyhow sha,the competition is good for the team,if all the players can stay fit,means we`ll have some healthy replacements. Meeen our strikers need to start delivering-seriously and can someone please tell Toure to remove that hair,so he can head the ball better angry!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2008
@Raimond
Lol on Toure i also hope he gets his shit together when we play Wigan because his nemesis Zaki is with them now.What we need more than anything else this season is a good bench
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Raimond(m): 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2008
Zaki seems to be doing quite well already,but i don`t see him doing that to Toure anymore.premiership no be nations` cup:i hope  for his sake the fear of Zaki is not the beginning of wisdom grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:55pm On Sep 18, 2008
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Hannibal: 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2008
Akolawole:

@Top Gunners

(1) Was this tapping or what?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1705190.ece

http://www.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/09/18/Premier-League-Yaya-on-Arsenal-chance/?facets/football/

It is TAPPING.
Arsene Wenger and Kolo Toure shoulda contacted Frank Rijkaard and Barca before speaking to Yaya Toure.
I can't believe Wenger flirted with Yaya. . . . Scolari also confessed Wenger wanted Solomon Kalou. grin cheesy

(2) I thought they say this man don't complain grin

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1703592.ece

Kiev were too aggressive last night, i must confess.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by grandjedi(m): 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2008
@Raimond
grin grin Thot I was the only one who didn't dig Toure's Jerry Okorodudu-like  tresses.

One is getting rather used to Ade's squandering these days. Can I sincerely say I hope he improves his conversion rate? Because he didn't start playing yesterday. In any case, I keep reminding meself that he does score vital goals and that he improved last season over the season before that.
Even the great Henry had times when peeps said he was wasteful.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 2:38pm On Sep 18, 2008
Was any gunner aware Wenger's dad, Alphonse Wenger, passed on during the week?

they did a good work shielding it from the press.

http://www.arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=509905
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Raimond(m): 2:43pm On Sep 18, 2008
Just pept (my past tense for peep) grin at the chelsea forum,phew,i almost suffocated from boredom.

Wenger`s father,you mean he still had a father? shocked

Anyways Papa Wenger Rest In Peace.One candle for you!!! cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.