Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,449 members, 7,964,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 09:56 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (537917 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:21pm On Feb 15, 2007
Enough of the foul lingo ok?

We beat Bolton, what a sweet victory it was!!

But honestly, I think Baptista left his shooting boots at home, Adebayor did his usual: miss a few but eventually score cheesy

Diaby and Denilson are developing into better players each day, but they both need more positional awareness and finishing skill

good ol' Freddie is back and scoring again, even Henry would've applauded that strike!

Our defence is woeful most of the time, except for clichy and kolo, (bertie tried, but its obviously not his position) djourou sucked at the full back position

Almunia's game wasn't too bad, Rosicky and Hleb were fantastic as usual, those are the best buys by AW in the past 2 seasons.

We NEED Gallas back soon!!!! once the center of defence is solid, we'll be fine, but we keep conceding weak goals, for the equaliser 3 bolton players were unmarked in the box, in the 90th minute no less!

All in all a good performance, on to the Blackies on saturday! cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2007
Debo cool

Would agree with most of what you said, but the jury is still out on Freddie!! Granted he is still needed in the squad, as we lack enough experienced players, and he for one is the longest serving member of the squad right now cool

What i will say though is, we need to address these issues of accuracy in our shooting. This game didn't nedd to go to ET for no reason, we should have stuffed Bolton by 4 goals long before that. Our only saving grace is that Blackburn played in Germany, where they lost cool and they have to travel back up north and then travel back down south on Saturday again to play us, so they will be Knackered. I hope we finish them off early as we need players like Rosicky and Hleb (if he ain't injured again) to have a rest before the PSV game.

Questions

When does kolo get to rest (i asked this before )

When will Billy the Kid come back into the team at least we see tweedy play for Chelski tongue

I think Berti should have also taken the second pen (only waty to confront a disappointment is to get back up and move on) he was the captain and should have shown more balls. Its not as if he can't score them. What do you all think.

Can Fat Sam now shut the Bleep up once and for all, he isn't even in the same class as Pat Rice, so he shouldn't even talk when Wenger talks. He is a shyte manager (always has been and always will be) And i am happy we stuffed them at their own useless ground (their stadia was even half empty, shows how useless their supporters are cheesy

Finally why does Wenger have this ability to spot talented players denilson what a find. I will say this again, There are many brilliant coaches out there, but Wengers ability to show faith in a system and breed youth players into stars is something that has no rival.  

Nice One GUNNERS!!!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by pucho(m): 8:19pm On Feb 15, 2007
Yo gunners what has come over you guys you are beginning to sound like scummites with the foul talk and gragging. Traditional Gunners fans know we don't brag but rather let our soccer do the talking for us. its wonderful to the depth of character this lads have been showing coming from behind and never loosing hope when the opponents score.
I wish AW can keep this squad together and just add on a left back , a Dm in the mould of essien (preferably a french or Ghanaian they seem to be the best at that position). a pacy winger(ok maybe walcott with a little work will do) and a lethal finisher. Then we have a truly unbeatable squad.

Our treble season is on course .

Gunners just can't stop ruling.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 8:24pm On Feb 15, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked

all this f words na wa o cry

when i first read through i expected a certain to jump up grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 8:25pm On Feb 15, 2007
well I dunno about treble season, but I do believe we'll win something in this campaign wink

@ loyiks honestly apart from Baptista who forgot how to hit the target (except from the free-kick), the others did pretty well, Adebayor must've gotten over excited at seeing the open goal, but I think thats just part of his own development (as a 21yr old) the other forwards didnt really have chances, and Diaby was a little timid/shocked when he got that lovely thru ball from clichy second half

This is definitely where we miss RVP, his skill and control are second to none. sad

No matter, as long as Adebayor keeps trying, we know he'll eventually score, Baptista? still too erratic for my liking, over time the other boys will catch up

I doff my hat to denny and diaby though, holding central midfield against the likes of nolan, campo and speed like they were veterans!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by pucho(m): 8:31pm On Feb 15, 2007
I hope Wenger can start this same exact team for the weekend matches and save the big guns for Chelsea and PSV . its interesting to see how Gilberto is settling into a role as a CD him and Toure match up like Toure and Gallas but they are caught ball watching at times.

@debosky where is your fate. you have a squad that was considered shallow showing depth and they have not lost to any big clubs since they lost to Barca last May, and have gone through tough challenges.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 8:37pm On Feb 15, 2007
@ pucho I have faith, but no pie-in-the-sky dreams, we will win something, but i'm not going gaga till the cup (or cups) is right in our hands wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by pucho(m): 8:54pm On Feb 15, 2007
@debosky, i feel you but i have a lot of faith in this team. Last season after the group stages i told everyone that cared to listen that Arsenal was going allthe way to the final and we did. This saeson i told them we'll not loose to any bg teams check my olders posts and we have stuck to it thus far (although i'm scared of psv they can't be called big team can they.) Our treble or Double is assured and we will beat United again in the Charity shield.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 9:26pm On Feb 15, 2007
kaydee:

[size=16pt]I will punish some people here for not inviting me earlier![/size]

tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Uche2nna(m): 9:42pm On Feb 15, 2007
:p
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2007
tongue tongue tongue wetin . .where you heartbroken yesterday grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 9:51pm On Feb 15, 2007
debosky:

@ pucho I have faith, but no pie-in-the-sky dreams, we will win something, but i'm not going gaga till the cup (or cups) is right in our hands wink

Because you understand that the beautiful game is not reliable sometimes.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 3:34pm On Feb 16, 2007
Pucho,

what do you mean by we need a leftback? clichy is not good enough for you?

Clichy over the last 3 games has been a revelation!!

I rate him big time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 3:49pm On Feb 16, 2007
Oga Viera cool

I think Pucho wasn't sure of what he was refering to; Anyway guys read this from Myles P wink Thank God i am in the Gunners thread or else i would be accused of Posting 100 Myles P links on the Man United thread;

[b]Hoyte/ Gallas back/ Queen/ Venables/ Lehmann
By Ian Grant

Justin Hoyte, 22,  appears ready to sign a new four-year contract according to the ES.

Hoyte, who joined Arsenal when 9, has played 29 of 42 games this season. There was a stumbling block about not being upgraded until next season - but this appears to have been solved

William Gallas resumed full training today, having recovered from a torn thigh muscle sustained in November, though he is unlikely to be fit to face Chelsea in Cardiff next Sunday.

The team will be 'rotated' for tomorrow's tie against Blackburn. Johan Djourou (knee) is out, Alexander Hleb (hamstring) is a doubt and Philippe Senderos is available after suspension.

Wenger said: "What the Carling Cup has taught us is that we can rotate now. They are all up to the level and that is fantastic information for the club."

"I will rotate as much as I can. I rested a few players at Bolton and some of them will come in. I am rotating for two reasons. Firstly, we played extra time at Bolton and the space is very short between Wednesday night and Saturday morning. Secondly, we have a massive game on Tuesday night.

The Queen may have inadvertently entered the political debate aboutr foreigners, when she said: "You have a very international side," to Wenger, following the Arsenal team's visit to Buckingham Palace, yesterday. Emmanuel Eboue semmed enamoured with the corgis, and Abou Diaby very interested in the silver teaspoon.

Terry Venables got in on the date having a swipe at Arsenal employing youths from all over the world in their academy. He said in the Guardain: ""Arsenal have a fantastic [academy] system but a lot of them are from abroad. That is okay but it does make it difficult for home-grown players to get through."

Jens Lehmann looks unlikely to be heading to Germany next season. A survey by German newspaper Bild has revealed that none of the 18 clubs in the Bundesliga want to sign Germany’s No One.

Maybe it was smart positioning by the German's agent. One of the laws of business is always have a 'competitive' option when negotiating a contract. One or two clubs in Spain would be interested in him, no doubt.[/b]

Hey!! Billy the Kid is back, and I pray Lehman stays, but will Almunia be ready to be number 2 again next season, Can he be that Patient and wait for his time, I am sure if he remains loyal he will be rewarded by Arsene.

Funny one about the Queen ther, Her and Prince Philip say the funniest things sometimes, Pics on the Official Site cool And what is Terry (Can't get a stable Job) Venacles prob angry Tel do your job and stop blaming others. Besides you are not in charge Stevie Maclaren is grin

Whew!! what a long day i have had on the Scummy thread tongue, good to be back home, Will take a breather and go back refreshed to taunt them some more, God help them they lose on Saturday grin grin

cool GOONER 89

P.s Kola bring the Fab4 arguement here please, before folks say i spamed the thread with Fabregas links 1 million times grin

Oga V will ask you something later on some issues.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 5:24pm On Feb 16, 2007
@Gunners

1) If you want to sell Clichy, please let me know. He is fantastic

2) Are you still paying Gallas £80,000 a week? Is he going to play again this season?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:43pm On Feb 16, 2007
Gallas is in the squad for saturday, if all goes well, he may get a 15minute run out at the end of the game if we're winning

Clichy for sale? Wenger would be absolutely potty to sell that man, his energy level is amazing, he just keeps on running and running.

for saturday, no gilberto, lehmann, baptista and diaby. cesc and Tit come back (and flamini too I expect), denilson stays in the squad.

Skin the blackies you gunners, I need a new leather jacket cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2007
Akola ,

You wanted Cole, now its Clichy< aiight then give use Terry or Cech and you can have Clichy grin

Well the things that might go for us tomorrow is;

We are playing at Home

We have beaten Blackburn, (even with 10 men grin)

Blackburn played on Wenesday as well

However Sparky will want revenge, and as we saw from the Bolton game, REVENGE IS BEST SERVED COLD!!

So we need to be careful and not get too carried away, Keep things tight and not concede any stupid first goals, As Myles P said once "Someday if you push your luck, it will run out!!" And Arsenal pushes their luck sometimes cry

But definately not tomorow though wink.

Come on you RED AND WHITE ARMY!! cool Lets be having Ya!!

Arsenal 3 Blackburn 1 (1 because i love Sparky cool and Bentley cool)

Nice weekend folks cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 10:48am On Feb 17, 2007
Hello!! Hello!! me old chaps cool What is going on here;

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2015061,00.html

Wenger and Fergie on the same love boat shocked shocked I thought i'd never see the day. But not to worry, they will always find a point to disagree with, a'la the issue of quota players grin grin

Those two are comedians, all thats left is for Jose to join the fun, (anyway the Carling cup final is next week so i'am expecting a Wenger/Jose classic) Benitez doesn't look like someone that does humour grin.

cool GOONER 89

P.S. I just love the way Arsene makes his analysis, I wish i had him as a lecturer while i was at Uni,, would have been fun Listening.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 10:50am On Feb 17, 2007
@Loyika

Take Terry,Ashley Cole and SWP

Let me have Gallas, Clichy and that small Spanish boy called "Fabade".
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 10:53am On Feb 17, 2007
@All

Gallas return today.

1) Arsenal had lost £80,000 multiply by 14 weeks. What a waste?

2) Joe Cole
We better dont mention this o( REST OF THE SEASon) cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 11:12am On Feb 17, 2007
Haba Kola angry

We wouldn't want SWP even if he was on layway tongue tongue Boy always reminds me of a clone of Pius Ikedia (now Kola!! Thats a waste)

If you were refering to Gallas, well i would agree with you, right now, he needs to justify the whole Hype, Cause he isn't seen as a true Gunner yet (despite fans loving his "pump fist celebrations"wink Anyway no long thing!! After all it took a season for Gooners to stop seeing Sol Campbell as a Spud grin

Joe Cole, Oh well na Engelund I feel sorry for, as their present squad are SHYTE!! being without the skills of Coley will be a big blow!!, Guess macca has to rely on the Blanks of Lampard and Gerrad grin grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 11:32am On Feb 17, 2007
I think the Headline should be taken with a pinch of Salt, but where do you guys stand on this

A, Should Henry and Gallas play at Cardiff
B, Should they at least be on the bench
C, Is Wenger being fair in denying Henry at least a chance to pick this medal (when we win wink) which he doesn't have (does Henry even care for a Carling Cup medal )

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=436684&in_page_id=1771

Food for thought with only a week left

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 11:39am On Feb 17, 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=436476&in_page_id=1779

Hey for those interested, there is also a link for either Windows Media player and Real player on the above link i put up, of the Visit of our players to Bucks Palace to see the Queen of ENGELUND!! ENGELUND!!! (if you are interested in that kind of stuff, and aren't connected to ATVO)

Just click on the Media player link that runs on your PC and enjoy meeting the Queen cheesy cheesy (Will they now change the rules and give Le Prof a Knighthood cool TeL Boy and Fat Sam would die grin grin)

Ha! ha! and this funny one from the BBC. Sorry Beeb grin Thats not the kind of history we want grin grin (Go to picture number 5 grin)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6364251.stm

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 12:23pm On Feb 17, 2007
whatever wenger's reasons are i think he's being a little too harsh on TH.

i don't want to believe TH refused to play on cup games, or did he ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 12:40pm On Feb 17, 2007
akola na wa o . .
you've got cashley and you still want our pikin .you have enuff Papa's to last you a lifetime grin grin

gunners wetin una say . today . .we go deal with blackburn well well . . grin grin

wormy . TH is not eto grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by pucho(m): 1:26pm On Feb 17, 2007
@loyika and viera , i never said clichy was not a wonderful player i actually feel he is one of the most consistent players in the squad what i meant was what if clichy gets injured will we still have to draft in gallas flamini or traore why not a taye taiwo for instance .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by SMC(f): 3:23pm On Feb 17, 2007
sad What a lost opportunity cry sad We should have won this match against Blackburn. DAMN angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Gamine(f): 4:25pm On Feb 17, 2007
Mukina2

Truce, ok grin

i feel sorry ur precious Arsenal didnt score embarassed

i hope the rest of ur day is ok smiley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 5:23pm On Feb 17, 2007
notin do us
its clear we have a problem scoring goals at times
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 6:02pm On Feb 17, 2007
smc stop crying dear . i am angry too no thanks to that stupid ref angry angry

Gamine i am still mad for the draw but we shall teach them in their home grin grin
truce tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Gamine(f): 6:05pm On Feb 17, 2007
i was eating when Arsenal was playn
i actually thot i saw Arsenal score(ljundberg, or smthing like that)
\i almost choked tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 6:12pm On Feb 17, 2007
why didnt you choke? tongue grin
i knew it we had some supporters that we really didnt need angry tongue grin
pls support manscum and not arsenal ok?

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.