Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,291 members, 7,943,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 08:57 PM

If I Was President. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If I Was President. (811 Views)

Nwafor Orizu Was President Of Nigeria / Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? / PHOTOS: This Was President Goodluck Jonathan LONG Before He Became President! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Was President. by james1(m): 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2008
Fellow Citizens.

IF I WAS PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

I did ensure that the following is made reality within one year of taking oath of office.
1)I will build nuclear power plants to end darkness in Nigeria once for all time and won't sit down for any discouraging talk(s)with any diplomat.COUNTRY FIRST.

2)I will encourage farming and farmers by being seriously prepared and willing to subsidise their farm products.My minister of agriculture must be a seasoned farmer.

3)I will see to it that roads and freeways ceased being death traps.FERMA must have choppers to patrol all freeways within Nigeria.

4)I will ensure that civil servants take home pay not just take them home but that they can afford a car,home of their own and vacation.judicial officers and policemen/women will be well taken care of.no more judges defeating the ends of justice and no more policemen/women getting away with any form of injustice:life will mean for life.

5)I will see to it that rails that will be adorned with the latest trains carry fellow citizens all through the lenght and width of my great country Nigeria.

6)I will see to it that we practice true federalism;the presidency or any other FG office(s)will no longer be the source of personal aggrandizement or embezzlement.all public office(s)holders must declare their assets before they assume to office.

7)The law will no longer recognise one by how much one has but by how law abiding one is. the law will be king and law enforcers will no longer be person(s)one want to ask"do you know who i am?you did be hauled before a judge or worse be thrown into prison for that by that law enforcer without resort to a judge.

coolMy administration will ensure that all citizens can afford to live in decent quarters(flats)and rent dues can be paid weekly or monthly.no longer yearly.the FG will have a solid policy for housing the citizens that will ensure enough houses for all.

9)I will ensure that violating the laws of the land be termed treasonable felony.

10)I will see to it that NURTW are forever banned from the bus terminus.so that those citizens who will be depending on public transport to get to their destination(s)get their money's worth.public transport vehicles must be like those that are used to transport humans.

11)My administration will see to it that all citizens have a citizenship card that will be used to identify true Nigerians.this will enable banks to lend to citizens:knowing that they can get at anybody's bio-data using the card.the loan will get FG'S backing and citizens that defaulted on payment get to go to prison(the loans will be long term)so there will be plenty of time to pay back.

12)I will ensure that Nigeria's import duties competes with any in the west African sub-region.this will discourage smuggling because the importers will rather use the ports.

13)I will operat an open door government and will be on tv and radio programs so that the governed can get to give me bits of their mind(s)

14)I did seek out my critics and let them play roles were they criticise mr president.

15)I did ensure that all pre-fixes to public office holders names be forever removed.honorable,excellency e.t.c.

16)I did ensure that taps flow with water that one can drink.and that food be on all tables.Nigerians can be obese for a change.

17)I will see to it that we have a citizenship policy that protect our citizens from foreigner's and their most times crooked way of treating my citizens.i will get them deported without a pin.

18)I will not tolerate foreign missions treating My citizens shabbily;whence working on getting the homefront very desirable for fellow citizens,i will instruct my ambassadors to dish out shabby treatments to citizens of missions that treat my citizens shabbily.

These are some of the works i will do within my first year in office when i become President.

What will you do,if you were to be president of the federal republic of Nigeria?
Re: If I Was President. by ssRhino: 1:51pm On Sep 12, 2008
Wonderful plans
Re: If I Was President. by BigB11(m): 2:03pm On Sep 12, 2008
I will immediately push for the modification of our weak constitution (I will basically focus more on two things):

1. Make all Government positions extremely unattractive.
2. Approve the public execution of all convicted corrupt government officials

Once these 2 points are well implemented, I have complete confidence that every thing else (eg: higher education standard, constant electric power, constant water supply, better hospitals, advancement or improvement of infrastructure, reliable security service to the citizens, better accountability standards , equal opportunity for all, higher taxes for the wealthy and corporations, annual ₦35,000 tuition credit for all college students in exchange for 200 hours of community service, introduce war against filthy and uncivilized mentality and many many more) will fall in place naturally.

No need to waste time, or money; the root of our problems is plain and very simple (undedicated leaders and corruption) and I will dedicate all my 4 years in the office on targeting this root vigorously.

If you use the right fertilizer at the beginning of planting season, the plant will produce sweet fruits; the last thing you want to do is transplanting a plant that has already produced bad fruits.
And this is what we are facing in Nigeria today; no-one has the balls to introduce a long term solution (modification of our weak constitution). They just want to continue to fool us by transplanting all the worthless strategies on earth, that will not produce a single tangible thing for an average citizen of Nigeria at the end of the day.

Doing the 1right thing the 2right way at the 3right time!  This is my 3 point economic plan and will also be my slogan.

My friends, I have a dream!
Re: If I Was President. by Afam(m): 2:24pm On Sep 12, 2008
Big B1:

I will immediately push for the modification of our weak constitution (I will basically focus more on two things):

1. Make all Government positions extremely unattractive.
2. Approve the public execution of all convicted corrupt government officials

Doing the right thing the right way at the right time!  This will also be my slogan.

I guess the content above sums up the simple and straightforward solution to our problems in Nigeria.
Re: If I Was President. by BigB11(m): 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2008
The governors would be challenged (absolutely, no freebies)!

I would have quarterly meeting with all the governors at the Aso Rock; this is to monitor their productivities and the strength of their connections with the people they are leading or serving.
Re: If I Was President. by BigB11(m): 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2008
It is very critical to understand that the back-bone of any admin are the governors. The president can not do it all.
I would pin down all governors to their various responsibilities. I would not hesitate to initiate the impeachment of any irresponsible governor.

Being a governor is a serious business and not an honorary position!

Absolutely no contract for the governors or their families, and friends.

All governors and their entire families must utilize local resources eg must attend Nigerian schools (primary, secondary and university) and must use Nigerian hospitals and other medical resources.

Governors can not have any other duties or businesses, other than their duties as governors.

Governors are directly responsible for all the local government daily activities.

Governors would only have 4 weeks vacation  and 20 sick days (this would be monitored by the federal government).

Renovation of Governors' mansions would only take place, if necessary every 4 years (federal government must approve it).

Government properties e.g cars, building etc must be recycled and absolutely not for sale.
Re: If I Was President. by BigB11(m): 11:09pm On Sep 15, 2008
Governors would be treated like respectable secondary school principals, and nothing less or more.

(1) (Reply)

Military Coup In Guinee ,good Or Bad? / Delta To Pay Waec Fees For Students / Nigerian Named One Of The World's Top Young Economists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.