Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,498 members, 7,885,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:31 PM

Needs Technical Advice Of A Professional Network Associates. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Needs Technical Advice Of A Professional Network Associates. (673 Views)

Please I Need Technical Advice On My WIFI / Getting Certified For IT Helpdesk or Technical Support Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Needs Technical Advice Of A Professional Network Associates. by kismond: 12:33am On Sep 14, 2008
i need technical advice of professional network associates.i am cyber cafe manager and my cafe has been known to be fastest in my area.just of resent,i discovered some systems also so IP Address conflict on them and had checked their IP Address many times.i found out that their IP Address were not thesame and still they show IP Address conflict.The effect is that they disconnect from the TIMER and consequently prevents others from browsing.
i had checked everything i could but the situation remained thesame. pls fellow landers,i need advice on this as fast as anything and am sure enough professionals are in-house to help me out on this.it's seriously affecting my service to customers.
Re: Needs Technical Advice Of A Professional Network Associates. by samir101ng(m): 2:10am On Sep 14, 2008
Try and check whether your server has DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) enabled. What DHCP does is assign a unique ip address to any system in the network. This makes sure that every system has a unique ip address that will not conflict with anyone on the network. Your server will usually haveĀ  a default ip of 192.168.0.1. Check also that the clients on your network have the option of "Obtain an ip address automatically" checked. You do this by going to network connections and clicking on your lan connection properties. click the tcp/ip protocol and you will see it. Post your feedback here. Goodluck.
Re: Needs Technical Advice Of A Professional Network Associates. by kismond: 12:43pm On Sep 14, 2008
Thanks so much my man,
I really appreacite your contribution and i feel so much happy to get it especially this time.

Yes the server has all you said but i discovered if i allow them to pick IP address automatically,they don't browse but connects to the timer software.

But as you said it again now,i will try to make them get the IP automatically again and see if they will browse.

i will get back to and let you know the lastest.

Thanks once again.

Lekan Kazeem
Re: Needs Technical Advice Of A Professional Network Associates. by alex406(m): 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2008
Meanwhile i suggest you assign IP to the systems,dont allow them to acquire ip automatically.It might cause more conflict on the network and will affect the server as well.Just disconnect the systems from the server and see it the server is browsing fine.Let me know your feedback so that i can update you more.

(1) (Reply)

Free Computer Training!free Computer Training! / Happy Independence On Getting Every Online Materials Free: / Need Help On Bios Password

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.