Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,665 members, 7,941,559 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 09:19 AM

Quotes: . . . . . . - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Quotes: . . . . . . (1068 Views)

Self Discipline Quotes / Proverbs And Quotes / Proverbs And Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quotes: . . . . . . by Benniela(m): 11:50am On Sep 16, 2008
Can anybody please get me a promoter or do i say a publisher,
I write quote,
08054132217 is my phone number.
Ben4bennie@yahoo.com is my mail.
pls contact me if u can help.
lets get honest.
cos now adays people work smart not hard.
so are u working smart or hard.
think about it.
Re: Quotes: . . . . . . by kay9(m): 5:50pm On Sep 16, 2008
Benniela:

I write quote,

Do you mean like inspirational/motivativating maxims and adages - like the type John Mason writes? If you really want to get your work on the stands, then you better not expect others to do the job for you - cos they can't. You have to get down on hands and knees, and find a find a very good publisher for yourself - one who will carefully edit your work - and not charge you too much. One who'll help you market the work when it's ready - and not gype you out in the bargain. And most of all, one who won't leave you hanging in the lurch if your work flops.

I don't know such a publisher yet. My last book, which came through Lulu.com, was a mistake. They did a fine work on the cover, I admit, but I had to do everything else myself. Then to cap it all, they had a policy of not shipping books to West Africa - to Nigeria, in particular (which they neglected to tell me at first) - so I had to send my first copies (which I paid for) to a relative in the US, and have him mail them down here to me. A hell of a way to have your work published.

So, my dear, put your nose to the ground. If you are in Lagos, you can call this number: 08024917294; the name is Jumoke. Tell her you got her number from a friend on nairaland.com. She might give you some helpful advice.

Luck!
Re: Quotes: . . . . . . by lekana(m): 3:57am On Sep 29, 2008
I think the advice is a good one, can i call the number also cos i write quotes and poems as well.

Will like to know better what Jumoke does before calling her
Re: Quotes: . . . . . . by kay9(m): 2:15pm On Sep 29, 2008
@lekana: Well, you can call Jumoke, too, if you want. Actually, I got her number from Jude Dibia (the novelist; know him?); that was mid-2007 when I was still trying to pull-off my first book. Thing is, I never met Jumoke; I only called her once, but we couldn't meet as I was nowhere near Lagos then. I'm not even sure she still uses that number.

But, hey, don't lose hope. You can still try the number; if it goes through, just explain to her. She's a writer, too, so I'm sure she'll understand. BUT remember: she can only advice you - she doesn't have a publishing factory. smiley

(1) (Reply)

. / The Perfect Author [LOVE MYSTREY and ADVENTURE] / 40 Amazing Fact About Human Beings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.