Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,626 members, 7,975,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 04:12 AM

A Player's Family knows? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Player's Family knows? (1633 Views)

20 Signs He Is Definitely A Player / Difference Between A Boy, A Player And A Man In A Relationship. / How Can You Tell If A Guy Is A Player Or A Lady Is A Flirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Player's Family knows? by stayfree: 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2008
LOL.Funny thread,
The truth is "most" so-called players were played themselves so they now have no choice but to become vindictive. LOL.

My daddy was a playa, so I was told. But I pray that my sons all three of them grow up to be humans.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by topup: 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2008
stay-free:

LOL.Funny thread,
The truth is "most" so-called players were played themselves so they now have no choice but to become vindictive. LOL.

My daddy was a playa, so I was told. But I pray that my sons all three of them grow up to be humans.

Quite a pathetic reason really if I have to be honest. I am very intolerant to that, when you know of the pain it causes, how can you do such a thing to unsuspecting people.

As for Hannibal, yeah the signs are there, but what you're telling me is that it is better not to give people the benefit of doubt. I have known guys to have that look of love in their eyes and really make an effort to care for you, and say they've changed, but time proves that they slowly slip back into their player ways.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by Hannibal: 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2008
topup:

As for Hannibal, yeah the signs are there, but what you're telling me is that it is better not to give people the benefit of doubt. I have known guys to have that look of love in their eyes and really make an effort to care for you, and say they've changed, but time proves that they slowly slip back into their player ways.[/color]

They make an effort?? Don't be fooled.
Once a playa, always a playa!!!
Re: A Player's Family knows? by sistawoman: 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2008
I disagree. A playa can turn in the jersey and throw away the card.

Getting out the game is different for each person. I played too many dudes and broke too many hearts. The game just became too much effort for me. It really is hard work, making sure you check in on each person daily or every other day, remember what you last spoke to them about, hinting around at your needs and letting them handle them, taking sweet when you really don’t want to be near them, playing up their egos, remembering which lie you told which guy so as to go out with another one. Making sure you never get too close to giving them any pu,ssy. Keeping all convos to your cell phone, never your house phone, never your work phone, and never ever having them at your house.

As you grow older you want that love of one person and you really want to settle down. So for me the game just was taking way way way to much of my time and way more than I wanted to give it.

As for my brothers, their wives just were the ones for them. They were at the height of their games, both of them and the women they choose as their wives were supposed to be just another trophy. But instead they, the women, did not fall for all of their game. They did not give of themselves too easily. They caused them to work for it. My brothers would always take their bitches out to eat or buy them things but these women held on to their goodies and made my brothers earn it. But keep in mind my brothers never really minded waiting on pu,ssy cuz they were getting it coming and going so waiting on one female was never a big deal. But their wives made them want to see them more, to spend more time with them. They slowly begin to push all the other chickenheads out the way.

When the woman or man is right for the person they will do that they will push all other suitors out of the way. Their wives saw the playa in them, knew that I was running interference but still knew that they were going to marry this man. So they bided their time, they showed their worth and what they were worth, what they showed them made them give it all up and ask them to marry them.

Some playas never give up the game. I have a couple of male friends, married still playas. But some like my older brothers do give up the game. They feel like they have the complete woman in their wives. There is nothing that they cant talk to them about, there is nothing that their women would not do for them, there is no fantasy that they will not fill full so why step out of their marriage to find something else.

I guess when you have dealt with enough chickenheads you get tired of that and want a real woman. But no matter how good you are to a playa if you aint the one for him he will not give up his game for you. Or if he just wants to keep playin the game then he will.

Got to to lunch with Okomi and will post more when i return.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by Hannibal: 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2008
sistawoman:

I disagree.  A playa can turn in the jersey and throw away the card.

It never leaves them.
I know too much about this game.

Getting out the game is different for each person.  I played too many dudes and broke too many hearts.  The game just became too much effort for me.  It really is hard work, making sure you check in on each person daily or every other day, remember what you last spoke to them about, hinting around at your needs and letting them handle them, taking sweet when you really don’t want to be near them, playing up their egos, remembering which lie you told which guy so as to go out with another one.  Making sure you never get too close to giving them any pu,ssy.  Keeping all convos to your cell phone, never your house phone, never your work phone, and never ever having them at your house.

You left the game because u are a woman. . . .Women are not even supposed to play the GAME in the first place.
Were u a tom boy? cheesy
Re: A Player's Family knows? by sistawoman: 5:15pm On Sep 18, 2008
Hannibal:

It never leaves them.
I know too much about this game.

You left the game because u are a woman. . . .Women are not even supposed to play the GAME in the first place.
Were u a tom boy? cheesy

Yes i was. I have far more male friends than female friends and really was never the girly, girly type. It really was not until i started to play the game did i come into sexy.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by Hannibal: 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2008
sistawoman:

Yes i was. I have far more male friends than female friends and really was never the girly, girly type. It really was not until i started to play the game did i come into sexy.

So u were breaking men's hearts here n there. . . . .
Classic!!!!!
Re: A Player's Family knows? by topup: 6:11pm On Sep 18, 2008
I actually believe that there is no real way of telling, it all depends on the individual and even the aspects in someone's life.

I will give you an example, though I believe we are talking about different types of guys when we mean players. When I'm talking about a player, I'm not necessarily talking about a guy with multiple girlfriends, but a guy who is in a relationship with a girl, for alterior motives, for sex, for money, a guy who did not enter the relationship in other to work it out, but instead to see what he could gain, yet at the same time, the guy leads the girl to believe that he is serious and she completes him.

I believe my ex didn't have other girlfriends, but I believe that he ended up returning to the game, there were times when he was very sincere, I mean he may have started the relationship with bad motives, then realised that I was different, then he tried to leave the player in him behind, but then finally towards the end of the relationship realised that it couldn't work, (he was going to move away, and we'd been only going out for 3 months, hence too risky to make such a big commitment especially for a recently retiring player). I am not gullable, I want to believe that the looks of love were all lies so I can completely forget about him and even turn the hate into a positive energy to move on, but his close friend and an ex-player wannabe (he left the game before he got sucked into it), his friend told me (without me asking), that my ex had changed, he stressed this point, saying my ex did things in the past, and that for me he has greatly changed, my ex quit smoking, he used to always want to spend time with me etc, and he even introduced me to his sisters and I to mine. This was the time when I believe he was trying to leave the game. Eventually, he began becoming distant, typical, and yeah I believe it was influence from his friends, his friends often left messages, saying 'are you coming out tonight to catch preys' though they knew he was dating me, his friends looked at me like a piece of meat, who knows they may not have been happy that I was with him, since one of them had previously tried to move to me (and I rejected).

All, I am saying is that the GAME is complicated for the weak ones, yes, he also had the story that his first ever girlfriend broke his heart by cheating on him with his bestfriend and he rarely trusts people.

My summary is just that I believe that he tried to leave the game, but it sucked him right back, what are your thoughts on this Sistawoman?
Re: A Player's Family knows? by LadyT(f): 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2008
WOW@some of the answers are shocking.

To think sisterwoman you indulged and helped your brothers indulge in cheating other people is kinda crap but Im sure Karma has paid you all a visit.

I think its very wrong for family members aware of their fellow family member cheating on someone not to say something. Im not talking about exposing them but telling them what they are doing is wrong and immoral. No way should you involve yourself and "help".

Being a player can really ruin your own life and others. No one would want their child treated in this rubbish manner so why do it to others?
Re: A Player's Family knows? by girlsoswit(f): 6:32pm On Sep 18, 2008
When you see a player, go find out u wud see its in their gene and is been passed on from generation to generation. It's a family bisness that cannot be joked with so it's you that pray yopu dn't fall a victim so you dnt bear children that would carry on with daddy's big enterprise.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by sistawoman: 7:28pm On Sep 18, 2008
It is not passed on. My father is and never has been a playa.

In my case my brother never told the girls they were the one and only when my brothers did that, it was then that they offered that to thier wives. And yes when they at first left the game there were friends that wanted them to return but thier loves for thier future wives would not allow it.

Do we sit and talk about the good ole days, hell yea. Do we look fondly on the ones that we let get away? Hell yea. My brothers never introduced these women to his friends unless it was for group sex. I only met them when they became "problems" or because i happened to be there as he/they ushered them back to the bedroom.

I think this dude really did like you. It seems by his actions but because he is moving away he is smart to break it off, cuz we all know long distance does not work.

I am sorry that you feel played and w/o really knowing the family and how thier structure is set up i cant tell you if the sistas knew. But trust and believe me they know just how he REALLY feels about you. And if is no good then they will never tell you, but will always tell you that he cared about you. And that could be truth or lie. Because as a sister i can tell you I KNOW that my brothers will ALWAYS have my back. This chick is just that another person in the street.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by topup: 8:32pm On Sep 18, 2008
Thanks Sistawoman, for being honest and extremely helpful!

It has never been good enough for any man to really like me, it has to show in their actions, yeah the situation was more complicated than it should have been. Whatever.

Anyways, I know some long distance relationships that have worked, they are just a heck of a nightmare to sustain, I can understand why someone would want out, but it makes you feel cheap if your guy doesn't want to fight for you. It makes you feel like you're not special, that you were merely temporary and too much hassle. He left me with the words 'Who knows maybe in future', but I don't listen to words anymore, just to actions.

I wanna say thanks again, for the insight cheesy
Re: A Player's Family knows? by sistawoman: 8:41pm On Sep 18, 2008
Girl just count your lucky stars he maybe have just been a playa that would never reform.

Trust me i know men 50 years old still being Mr. Playa, Playa and getting played by these young girls over and over and over again, but you cant tell them shit.

With every man i dated i was able to update my list. My list of what i wanted in a husband. just remember the good, and the bad and update your list.

If it is ment to be, no matter who you date, then he will be yours. But you already know this.

*raises my wine glass* Ladies lets gather and send our love to Topup.
Re: A Player's Family knows? by topup: 5:13am On Sep 19, 2008
*catches love*

smiley

Yup, I see him as a stepping stone.

At least I found out one thing, his sister probably knew but really it was none of her business, and for all she knew he could have told her he wanted to change also.

Lastly, I believe like you said, it was the distance that put a fork in the relationship, made us both question our commitment and whether we were worth it, made us think too far into the future, past our comfort zones.

Yup, some players play forever! Apparently, it was only recently that Snoop Dog stopped being one, and became faithful to his wife, with the type of industry he's in I cna understand he'd have a variety of excuses to explain any unacceptable behaviour. His wife stood by him throughout everything, he's headed towards 50 I believe and he's only recently reformed himself. Congrats to him though, all the best to him, but it further proves your point, that every man is different.

This whole player thing is going to get lame soon, it's really trendy these days, forget chivalry, you have to be able to play the game or you ain't a man, they say.

As for me, I just wish the best for everyone.
The guys, the guys rarely complain as much as we girls do about being played I've noticed, and they get played too.

I wish we could all go back to when people entered the world of dating to find love and not just to score as many women as possible.

Is that asking too much?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can God Help Heal A Broken Heart? / Men Beating Women Vs. Women Beating Men / How To Impress Guys And Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.