Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,851 members, 7,899,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 03:30 AM

Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? (2601 Views)

Greatest Rapper Alive / Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? / Tha Source Magazine Interviews Greatest Rapper On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by millco88(f): 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2008
Here are some things to consider when making the decision:

Longevity,
Cultural Impact
Originality
Versatility
Profound Subject Matter
Classic Material
Peer Approval
Raw Unadulterated Mic Adeptness
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by A40(m): 11:17pm On Sep 19, 2008
Young Hov,Jigga
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by Wordsmith(m): 12:55pm On Sep 20, 2008
ROFLMAO! Greatest of all time and you call "[b]Young Ho[/b]v"? Jesus, i need a minute to laugh. . . cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by A40(m): 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2008
@Wordsmith
You are entitled to your opinion and i am entitled to mine!! Ok he is right behind Pac and Biggy in my G.O.A.T list what you think doesnt matter
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by SamMilla1(m): 8:41pm On Sep 22, 2008
my cap goes off for shakur cheesy
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by rapdsypher: 6:34pm On Sep 25, 2008
winkyo peeps th greatest is tha ILLEST M.C. of all tyme SLIM SHADY
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by Shaz(f): 6:55pm On Sep 25, 2008
Em.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by Hardballer(m): 6:37pm On Sep 27, 2008
nobody takin this from eminem
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by shay09(f): 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2008
The greatest rapper of all time,

2-PAC!!!!
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by femzy(m): 9:57pm On Sep 28, 2008
Shawn Corey Carter is the Usain Bolt of the Rap world
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by A40(m): 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2008
femzy:

Shawn Corey Carter is the Usain Bolt of the Rap world
Please believe it cool
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by jgirl3: 12:25am On Sep 29, 2008
Shawn what?

Of all time - Tupac. No one is about to dethrone that guy
In second position - Shawn Corey Carter
In third - T.I.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by A40(m): 2:15am On Sep 29, 2008
@j-girl
T.I shocked what happened to the likes of Biggie,The Roots,Common btw his new single sucks
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by jgirl3: 2:27am On Sep 29, 2008
A-40:

@j-girl
T.I shocked what happened to the likes of Biggie,The Roots,Common between his new single sucks
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
T.I's new single is hot.
No matter what was absolutely a great song.
Whatever you like was an even better song
Live your life with Rihanna was spectacular.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by TheSly: 2:32am On Sep 29, 2008
Soulja Boy. .

cheesy
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 2:34am On Sep 29, 2008
j-girl:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
T.I's new single is hot.
No matter what was absolutely a great song.
Whatever you like was an even better song
Live your life with Rihanna was spectacular.

And that makes him no. 3 undecided
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by jgirl3: 2:36am On Sep 29, 2008
Yeah because Jay-Z and Tupac have given big shoes to fill.
T.I. has not filled them yet.

P.S. Soulja what? Ewwwwwwwwww.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by chamotex(m): 2:39am On Sep 29, 2008
Almost 15 posts and its amazing how no one has mentioned Biggy . . . . . .

Longevity, - maybe not due to obvious reasons
Cultural Impact - I would think so
Originality - Defo
Versatility - Yep
Profound Subject Matter - Why not
Classic Material - No doubt
Peer Approval - Who doesnt rate him
Raw Unadulterated Mic Adeptness -  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by chamotex(m): 2:41am On Sep 29, 2008
The Sly:

Soulja Boy. .

u might aswel say Will Smith cheesy
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by Nobody: 2:43am On Sep 29, 2008
Give it up for the one and only DOG POUND GANGSTER [DPG]-S~N double O~P D~O double G.h-o-l-l-a
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by jgirl3: 2:44am On Sep 29, 2008
Chamotex, Will Smith is a beautiful rapper jare!
Stop hating!
grin grin grin

I feel so wrong about putting Tupac and Biggy in the same post.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by chamotex(m): 2:47am On Sep 29, 2008
j-girl:

Chamotex, Will Smith is a beautiful rapper jare!
Stop hating!
grin grin grin

hate ke! at least he can act cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by jgirl3: 2:53am On Sep 29, 2008
chamotex:

hate ke! at least he can act cheesy cheesy
and rap! angry angry angry tongue
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by TheSly: 2:55am On Sep 29, 2008
chamotex:

u might aswel say Will Smith cheesy
What about Rick Ross? cheesy
Check out one of his best lines ever!!!

--------> Have you ever seen a fat guy in a big body?

cheesy
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by A40(m): 3:01am On Sep 29, 2008
@The Sly
Lmao on Rick Ross i like the dude though i still can't get his B.E.T performance out of my head where he came out looking like Baba Kamala with his tattooed belly

@chamotex
Pardon our omission Biggy was definitely one of the best of all time

@j-girl
Whatever you like was just an average jam same for No matter what, compare it to the likes of You Know What It Is,Bring em out,What you know about that,You don't know me and you would agree with me that T.I.P didn't do too good with his latest effort
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by jgirl3: 3:07am On Sep 29, 2008
A-40:

@j-girl
Whatever you like was just an average jam same for No matter what, compare it to the likes of You Know What It Is,Bring em out,What you know about that,You don't know me and you would agree with me that T.I.P didn't do too good with his latest effort
blasphemy!  angry angry angry Whatever you like is amazing smiley smiley
No matter was very good.
His lyrics in No matter what were very meaningful too
Compare it to You Don't know me . . .
One thing about T.I. - his lyrics make sense. Which is why i put him after Jay-Z
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by A40(m): 2:07pm On Sep 29, 2008
Do you know the meaning of blasphemy? You Don't know me was better jare listen closely
Re: Who Is The Greatest Rapper Of All Time (goat Rapper)? by shotster50(m): 5:33am On Oct 17, 2008
The first time I heard Tupac was on my cousin’s “Me Against The World” CD and I have been hooked ever since.  His music touched me somewhere deep, I couldn’t really understand it at the time but as I got older I did. Tupac was a very complex individual and his music demonstrated that. From introspective tracks like “Keep Ya Head Up” and “Still I Rise to hard hitting viscerally charged tracks like “Hit Em Up” and “Bomb First”, Tupac Shakur was a man full of demons, trapped between who he was and who he wanted to be.

No disrespect to Biggie, I liked his music but I loved Pac’s. Both were cut down too soon in an example of how violence perpetuates and escalates itself until it becomes uncontrollable. The lyrical genius that was Tupac has yet to be surpassed in my opinion. Feeling nostalgic, I put Makaveli: The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory in my car and just let it bump. As I listened to songs like “Hold Ya Head” and “White Man’s World”, it become very apparent to me just how much what the community considers good rap music has changed. I mean I am a huge fan of little Wayne, T.I, Young Jeezy, and others but when you put their lyrical content and message up against Tupac they just don’t hold up.

Pac was one prolific dude, perhaps unparalleled in rap history. He primarily earned that reputation in the last year of his life, releasing the first double disc of original rap songs with All Eyez On Me in February of 1996. And the legend that he recorded the remarkable The Don Killuminati: The 7-Day Theory in seven days still endures. Some are led into bouts of disbelief. What, did this guy just wall himself up in a studio for days on end or something? But even if you leave out the songs in his posthumous albums that were mainly formed out of his leftover verses…I mean, if he had lived, you mean to tell me he had enough material to make five more albums, two of which are 2-CD sets, bringing his total to about ten albums in five years? The ratio of amount of albums to number of career years would be roughly 2:1! What is he, a freaking factory? Sure, there might be rappers today that record hundreds of songs in the studio. But until one of them comes forward and substantiates a greater volume of work, let alone better quality, ‘Pac will forever remain the prolificacy king in hip-hop.

Tupac was at his best when he harnessed something meaningful with his songwriting ability. No one has made better rap songs dedicated to mothers and women in general (“Keep Ya Head Up” and “Dear Mama”), and it has been extremely hard to rival eulogies like “How Long Will They Mourn Me” or “Life Goes On.” Maybe only Ice Cube can match or surpass him in pure chagrin with revolution songs like “Holler If Ya Hear Me.” And his best album, 1995’s classic Me Against the World,
was the fulfillment of his immense talent and showed that he was indeed capable of being artistically disciplined and focused. Even a decade after his death, his best work has transcended time; his greatest socio-political pieces are just as relevant to today’s society as they were when they were first released.

Pac was socially conscious unlike todays rapppers, with the exception of  a few rappers like Common and Talib Kweli.

He will always get my G.O.A.T vote anytime.

(1) (Reply)

Which Song Makes You Feel At Heaven While You Smoke Weed?? / House 10 Studio To All Up Coming Artist / Gospel Worship: Download: Okaka By Frank Edwards Ft. Victor Ike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.