Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,373 members, 7,884,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 04:18 PM

Wimax In Abuja, Nigeria Using Alvarion Breezemax System - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Wimax In Abuja, Nigeria Using Alvarion Breezemax System (12070 Views)

Swift Wimax (multi User) Modem + Wireless Router 4 Sale / Suburban Telecom To Deploy Wimax System From Alvarion In Abuja Nigeria / Startech Connections Deployes Alvarion's Wimax System In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wimax In Abuja, Nigeria Using Alvarion Breezemax System by sholatech(m): 12:17am On May 05, 2007
Teetopsy,

I admire your courage.
Is your cafe in Kaduna?
Are you targeting a Niche Market for only residential and small business users or just for corporate users?
What coverage area are you looking at, whole of metropolitan kaduna city?
You can have a cost-effective Metro-City wireless network. It requires you buying the Access Points, Subscriber Equipments and some sort of OSS(Billing, Authentication and Authorisation).

I can send you more information by email.
Send me your email address to: petero@oxygenbroadband.com
Re: Wimax In Abuja, Nigeria Using Alvarion Breezemax System by teetopsy(m): 12:11pm On May 05, 2007
Sholatech

Thanks for the intrest !! i've mailed you and hope to here from you soon.
Re: Wimax In Abuja, Nigeria Using Alvarion Breezemax System by akinkayode: 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2007
please i like to know if wimax is currently operating in lagos. i like you to please send information about the providers available in the lagos environment
Re: Wimax In Abuja, Nigeria Using Alvarion Breezemax System by ralphorb(m): 11:15am On Jun 23, 2007
Hello Everyone:

Please I need advise about Wireless ISP. Is WISP same as WiMax.

I have an uncle in London, he wants to come home and have an investment, but I advise him instead of cyber cafe, he can invest in something better in technology as Wireless ISP. Please if anyone have experience of the WISP, what are the equipment that would be need to run WISP or WiMax and also billing/authentication service to switch wireless users off/on.
Please advise if the Cyber Cafe would be better or WISP/Wimax.
Re: Wimax In Abuja, Nigeria Using Alvarion Breezemax System by tasiana(m): 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2007
these ISP's got WiMax

Direct on pc - call  Kelechi 08054449703
Galaxy abuja -  call Ugo 08055831914 Or Victor 08033561567

And theres also one Globacomm is offering.I'll update as soon as i get more facts.
Re: Wimax In Abuja, Nigeria Using Alvarion Breezemax System by tasiana(m): 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2007
@ pranil
300/1000 kbps is ok for google talk and skpe.As for the ping.its got to do with the Hughes modem DOPC uses,its quite fragile but once u have steady and full power supply,then u re home free.Be on the lookout for the Systema nd transmit lights on the modem.once its off.call the tech support.outside that the network is very ok.I use them. cheers
Re: Wimax In Abuja, Nigeria Using Alvarion Breezemax System by roger07: 2:09pm On Oct 11, 2007
could know how far indoor/outdoor coverage?
Re: Wimax In Abuja, Nigeria Using Alvarion Breezemax System by ciscoccie: 10:20pm On Dec 13, 2007
hi
Re: Wimax In Abuja, Nigeria Using Alvarion Breezemax System by evergie(m): 8:21pm On Dec 14, 2007
This thread is very educative.
But why is our govt not supportive in technological development of our country and the big boy refuse to invest in it?
Re: Wimax In Abuja, Nigeria Using Alvarion Breezemax System by kurungu: 7:40pm On May 22, 2008
teetopsy
if you want to give wireless access to your client then all you have to do is put up outdoor access points maybe one or two at various distances and use a 16dbi omni or sectorial anntennas.with this you are good to go.u can use senao access points and buy pitail cables as well as hyperlink antennas.
One good point is dat u will make more money cos its goin to be a value added service since running cafe alone cant give much revenue.
fob sky isa good provider and their link is stable if you are not using too much bandwidth as from 2mbps,its a linkstar problem too.
also make sure you dont have virus issues cos they can suck up your entire bandwidth.
Think about running mikrotik or antamedia on a computer for billing purposes,this will make people buy card or paper print credit and it will control bandwidth.if they want more speed they will buy more bandwith.
your business model is great and the infrastructure u have is good to go.
I could help.
Re: Wimax In Abuja, Nigeria Using Alvarion Breezemax System by q1telecom: 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2009
Hi Wimaxer, Can you contact me on dele@q1telecom.com i will like to discuss some issues with you,
Re: Wimax In Abuja, Nigeria Using Alvarion Breezemax System by Donkoga(m): 7:12pm On Feb 12, 2011
Wimaxer, i am really impressed with ur level of info, pls can we get together? pls mail me on shafdeel@gmail.com.
Sholatech, may i hv d honour of contacting u too on the above address?
thanks
Re: Wimax In Abuja, Nigeria Using Alvarion Breezemax System by kareality(m): 10:30am On Aug 19, 2011
I luv u all the hitech guys in this forum.

Kudos to u.

I will wish to receive any information about Wireless or Wimax updates via my mail

elknicesolutions@googlemail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Short Cut Virus On My External Hard Drive / 10 Tips On How To Protect Your PC (windows) From Hackers & Viruses / Zinox Bios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.