Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,611 members, 7,885,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:18 AM

Is This Humiliation Or Something Else In Access Bank Plc? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is This Humiliation Or Something Else In Access Bank Plc? (3783 Views)

Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami / How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly / 7 Access-Bank Employees Die Of Hypertension Trying To Meet Target (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Humiliation Or Something Else In Access Bank Plc? by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 11, 2009
i work in oil and gas organisation. A reputable one!
u can"t be a senior staff with HND, unless
u have a PG attached to it. senior staff
must be a degree holder (B.sc, B.Eng
Re: Is This Humiliation Or Something Else In Access Bank Plc? by ishmael(m): 11:29am On Oct 11, 2009
obilizy:

i work in oil and gas organisation. A reputable one!
u can"t be a senior staff with HND, unless
u have a PG attached to it. senior staff
must be a degree holder (B.sc, B.Eng

chei, na wa o. HND certificate has suffered.
Re: Is This Humiliation Or Something Else In Access Bank Plc? by Musmus(f): 5:08pm On Oct 23, 2009
Its such a shame to read all the comments on BSc Vs. HND. My question is, how many of the BSc holders can one actually say is 'educated'? I happen to be an interviewer for my company and the calibre of the so called BSc. graduates is just surprising, a lot of these kids graduate without anything up there. A lot of them cannot even speak good English nor write good grammar. So, it is annoying to read how some so called 'graduates' are now pulling others down.

The fact is, not every child would be able to attend a University, due to our impoverished economy. However, it is good for everyone to aspire for growth and continue to upgrade themselves. So, if you end up with a HND degree, then try to aspire for a Masters. This is because, even BSc are fast becoming 'High School Certificates' especially here in Nigeria where the value in our education has dropped greatly.

BSc. holders should also aspire for growth because times change and what you learnt to earn your degree in year 2000, would have been upgraded by year 2009 and if care is not taken, a year 2009 HND graduate may come out better off in current knowledge and skills than you a year 2000 BSc graduate.
Re: Is This Humiliation Or Something Else In Access Bank Plc? by zebra(m): 6:08pm On Oct 23, 2009
Musmus:

Its such a shame to read all the comments on BSc Vs. HND. My question is, how many of the BSc holders can one actually say is 'educated'? I happen to be an interviewer for my company and the calibre of the so called BSc. graduates is just surprising, a lot of these kids graduate without anything up there. A lot of them cannot even speak good English nor write good grammar. So, it is annoying to read how some so called 'graduates' are now pulling others down.

The fact is, not every child would be able to attend a University, due to our impoverished economy. However, it is good for everyone to aspire for growth and continue to upgrade themselves. So, if you end up with a HND degree, then try to aspire for a Masters. This is because, even BSc are fast becoming 'High School Certificates' especially here in Nigeria where the value in our education has dropped greatly.

BSc. holders should also aspire for growth because times change and what you learnt to earn your degree in year 2000, would have been upgraded by year 2009 and if care is not taken, a year 2009 HND graduate may come out better off in current knowledge and skills than you a year 2000 BSc graduate.
well said, and thanx for ur contribution. a lot of Bsc holders believe that holding a Bsc make them better than HND holders. the orientation of nigerians need to be changed from mere theoretical university education to technical and technological education, thats the only way nigeria can grow and become relevant in the world.
Re: Is This Humiliation Or Something Else In Access Bank Plc? by janine000: 3:32pm On Oct 26, 2009
we should all make great choices in life, focus on getting a jamb form, forget the poly jamb forms, simple. if you are there already, change schools, get a degree.and kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!1 grin grin grin
Re: Is This Humiliation Or Something Else In Access Bank Plc? by zebra(m): 5:45pm On Oct 27, 2009
janine000:

we should all make great choices in life, focus on getting a jamb form, forget the poly jamb forms, simple. if you are there already, change schools, get a degree.and kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!1 grin grin grin

And who told you holding a Degree determines ones success in life?
Re: Is This Humiliation Or Something Else In Access Bank Plc? by janine000: 5:10pm On Oct 28, 2009
Zebra, a Degree is a start, better have it,luckily get a good job or be stuck in a rot complaining about the issues HND makes u face, good advice!!! grin grin
Re: Is This Humiliation Or Something Else In Access Bank Plc? by zebra(m): 6:34pm On Oct 28, 2009
janine000:

Zebra, a Degree is a start, better have it,luckily get a good job or be stuck in a rot complaining about the issues HND makes u face, good advice!!! grin grin

You are not advicing me; it's the man complaining that you need to advice. I have both HND and Bsc certificates; i'm only trying to say the truth that the discrimination is uncalled for considering the skills the HND graduates possess.
Re: Is This Humiliation Or Something Else In Access Bank Plc? by boseeola: 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2009
My fellow polytechnic graduates, don't worry the lord will deliver us from the hands of the mighty so call university, the way he deliver the Israelite from the hands of their enemy enemies.

I go dey pray so-tey polytechnic go become OGA!

don't worry!

we go soon become hot CAKE 4 labour-market!!! cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Your First Job Affect Your Career? / Get The British Investment As Low As $21. / Conoil In Court Over Unlawful Termination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.