Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,062 members, 7,970,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:08 AM

Letter To Phcn - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Letter To Phcn (1556 Views)

Photo:See How A Community Reacts To PHCN Inability to Stabilize Power. / Photo: See What This Guy Us Using To Charge. Bye To Phcn / My Letter To Phcn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To Phcn by KunleOshob(m): 9:28am On Sep 19, 2008
September 15, 2008
The Area Manager,
NEPA,
Lagos

Dear Sir,
COMPLAINT ABOUT YOUR SERVICES
I am writing to you with a deep sense of humility and gentleness. I consider this a great opportunity to communicate with an entity as awe-inspiring as yourself. Firstly, I bring greetings to you from residents of my area in Lagos.

As a dutiful citizen, I consider this letter as part of my civic responsibilities. Great countries comprise of citizens who are alive to their responsibilities. As a famous musician once said, "Ask not what your country can eat from you but what you can eat from your country."

I have benefited immensely from this country; therefore I have decided to give back.

I want to bring to your notice some strange occurrences which have been happening in my area. I want to sadly inform you that in the last 2 weeks, electricity has been stable. In other words, we sleep and wake up with electricity, we go to work and come back and electricity is still running. This is a terribly new and I must add DANGEROUS development in the lives of residents of my area. This is something we are not used to. This is too much electricity for us to handle. In the first week of constant electricity, I started acting strangely. I ironed all my clothes because I didn't know when "light" will be impounded on your orders. After 2 days, the "light" was still there. Therefore, I proceeded to re-iron the ironed clothes. My fridge which had not seen "4 hours" of constant light for months suddenly started freezing. In order to enjoy the maximum effects of refrigeration, I have decided to be drinking 20 cups of cold water before I go to sleep. Once I finish a cup, I put the bottle back into the fridge. After 10 minutes, the water cools and I drink. I just don't know what to do. All the Ceiling fans in my house have been switched on alongside my AC. My deck is playing at a high level. My life is now in state of chaos because of constant "light". My TV and VCD player are complaining of high blood pressure, as they have been terribly overworked in the last few weeks. Half of my light bulbs have gone on strike to protest their resurrection from blissful death.

All the customers in the beer parlour beside my house are complaining that the beer is too cold and wants to destroy their teeth. Even the rats and cockroaches are complaining that human assailants find it easier to track and exterminate them under electric light than under candlelight.

All the witches and wizards that regularly visited me in my sleep have suddenly taken flight in the presence of "light". Now I have to review my membership of MFM (Mountain of Fire and Miracles) since their work has been done. Can you imagine what will happen to the membership of churches if constant 'light' persists? No more demons meaning No more offerings.

With the above situation not abating, I decided to seek the reason behind this strange situation. This task was made easy for me when I realised that it was the work of saboteurs. Sabotage is the main reason for anything going wrong / right in our country. Our elections were sabotaged, our president's health is being sabotaged, Obama's chances of becoming the American President are being sabotaged by Nigerians. Therefore this constant "light" is the handiwork of saboteurs within your work system. These disgruntled individuals are enemies of progress who want you miss your set targets. These enemies want you to score very low on your KPI assessment. I realised this fact when I stumbled on a document showing your Key Performance Indicators for every month. These are:

1. Explosive growth in the amount of Candle-lit dinners and balcony-bedrooms

2. Massive boom in the sales of Candles, torchlight, generators, inverters and lanterns

3. Increased work place productivity due to Employees spending at least 16 hours at work because there is no light at home

4. Massive growth of Rock music fan clubs being aided by the endless sound of generators that are switched on overnight.

5. Volume of human blood being sucked by mosquitoes unchallenged by ceiling/standing fans

6. Incidence of heat rashes

7. Large Increase in Naming ceremonies: When people have no light at home, what else do they do with their time other than *******?

Sir, I strongly feel that the above achievements will not be possible if we keep on having "light". The saboteurs in your workplace will make you look stupid and incapable in front of your bosses. The repercussions of this charade would be unbearable. This is why I am writing to you now. As a responsible citizen, if I do not volunteer this information, I know that I will be the one to suffer. The day you realise that I have been enjoying endless light for 2 weeks, you will pay me back with 2 black months. The end will be worse than the beginning, thereof. I am at a crossroad. This is a major dilemma. Should I keep quiet? No I won't. This is because Evil triumphs when Good Men keep silent. Your incompetent staffs have left the light switch on and gone to sleep. I know you will take back all that we have stolen from you but Please remember my house in the day of recompense.

Your humble servant

Myself
Re: Letter To Phcn by romsky: 10:45am On Sep 19, 2008
shocked wen my area transformer don waka for over 3 months
now in the oven for 3 weeks angry
thunder fire ur area yansh lipsrsealed
bad mouth humble servant grin
Re: Letter To Phcn by folly69(m): 10:53am On Sep 19, 2008
@poster hilarious grin grin grin grin
Re: Letter To Phcn by KunleOshob(m): 11:03am On Sep 19, 2008
romade:

shocked when my area transformer don waka for over 3 months
now in the oven for 3 weeks angry
thunder fire your area yansh lipsrsealed
bad mouth humble servant grin
That means the PHCN officials in ur area are performing their duties well, i urged them to keep up the good work grin
Re: Letter To Phcn by romsky: 11:21am On Sep 19, 2008
sure no be our transformer dey ur area so
cos we sabi get light no be small o
Re: Letter To Phcn by KunleOshob(m): 11:27am On Sep 19, 2008
romade:

sure no be our transformer dey your area so
Come carry am back now tongue
Re: Letter To Phcn by romsky: 11:46am On Sep 19, 2008
by midnyt angry ur trns go xplode gbosa, d fuses wld turn grey, ht & lt wld bcome wireless grin
Re: Letter To Phcn by Gabry(f): 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2008
folly69:

@poster hilarious grin grin grin grin

Hey!!! Wheres your middle finger ohhhh. . . . I miss it soooooooooo much grin kiss
Re: Letter To Phcn by MrInfo1(m): 12:59pm On Sep 19, 2008
9c one poster
Re: Letter To Phcn by KunleOshob(m): 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2008
gabrywyl:

Hey!!! Wheres your middle finger ohhhh. . . . I miss it soooooooooo much grin kiss
What have you been doing with his middle finger
Re: Letter To Phcn by MrInfo1(m): 1:46pm On Sep 19, 2008
;d
Re: Letter To Phcn by Gabry(f): 7:59am On Sep 20, 2008
KunleOshob:

What have you been doing with his middle finger

I'm a fan. havent you heard? grin
Re: Letter To Phcn by ituen(m): 8:29am On Sep 20, 2008
nice jokes
Re: Letter To Phcn by Ninjabyte(m): 9:18am On Sep 20, 2008
@ Poster
U r a true son of your father. Now that u've written this letter, i've been motivated to orchestrate a peaceful rally with my union people. I no fit put food for my family table again. Market no dey, I no fit sell the generators wey i dey sell again. Problem Has truly Changed Name
Re: Letter To Phcn by arramyjay: 10:13pm On Sep 20, 2008
@ poster
Very nice.
Re: Letter To Phcn by KunleOshob(m): 10:46am On Sep 22, 2008
Ninjabyte:

@ Poster
You r a true son of your father. Now that u've written this letter, i've been motivated to orchestrate a peaceful rally with my union people. I no fit put food for my family table again. Market no dey, I no fit sell the generators wey i dey sell again. Problem Has truly Changed Name
So wetin we go do now? make we go stage protest for NEPA office?
Re: Letter To Phcn by KunleOshob(m): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2008
Ebi like say PHCN officials read my letter true true OH, i had a blackout throughout the weekend my and my big mouth. sad
Re: Letter To Phcn by ohilebo(m): 10:56am On Sep 22, 2008
@ Poster, there is a topic with thesame letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   check for the topic, Letter to N.E.P.A,,  tongue
Re: Letter To Phcn by Jeovy(m): 11:15am On Sep 22, 2008
@Poster

I wish I dey your area,I dey travel to go charge my laptop on daily basis.Imagine that

Ohilebo,who send you work
Re: Letter To Phcn by tammyswits(f): 11:26am On Sep 22, 2008
@poster: if u come to durban s.a, i will personally, note that, personally cut off your head, were u a head prefect in school, u sound like a teacher's pet!
Re: Letter To Phcn by chioya(f): 11:31am On Sep 22, 2008
@poster

shuttap grin grin grin grin
Re: Letter To Phcn by KunleOshob(m): 11:37am On Sep 22, 2008
@ohilebo
na my fault say nobody respond to your thread tongue

@chioya
Wettin angry
Re: Letter To Phcn by ohilebo(m): 11:59am On Sep 22, 2008
@ KunleOshob , no, nor be ur fault sha undecided,, but u should not have copied and paste it in the same joke section this na the kind thing wen dey make our Nigerian musicians cry cry cry cry
Re: Letter To Phcn by KunleOshob(m): 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2008
@ohilebo
I did not copy your post, i didn not even know you had a similar post as at the time i posted it.
Re: Letter To Phcn by Gabry(f): 12:46pm On Sep 22, 2008
Kiss and make out sha. grin
Re: Letter To Phcn by tammyswits(f): 1:01pm On Sep 22, 2008
Gaby the mediator!! Let them stab each other!
Re: Letter To Phcn by Gabry(f): 1:06pm On Sep 22, 2008
NOOOOO!!!! How can I I have invsted a large sum of mony of them. . . . I no fit watch. . . No fit watch. . . . embarassed sad
Re: Letter To Phcn by tammyswits(f): 1:09pm On Sep 22, 2008
Eh eh, we are very congested on NLD, gaby let them go oo!
Re: Letter To Phcn by KunleOshob(m): 1:12pm On Sep 22, 2008
tammyswits:

Gaby the mediator!! Let them stab each other!
na you i go first stab, you wey your name sound like kitten name angry
Re: Letter To Phcn by Gabry(f): 1:13pm On Sep 22, 2008
tammyswits:

Eh eh, we are very congested on NLD, gaby let them go oo!

But why > They are still pikin's ohhh . . . . . . Still innocent and naive. . . Forgive them abeg. . . sad

KunleOshob:

na you i go first stab, you wey your name sound like kitten name angry

NOOOOOO. . . . . Dont ohhh. . . . ABEG!!!! sad embarassed
Re: Letter To Phcn by tammyswits(f): 1:15pm On Sep 22, 2008
@kunle: thats so sweet, i like kittens! Yours sounds lyk a village elder's, thea av given u a reason 2 stab me!
Re: Letter To Phcn by KunleOshob(m): 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2008
tammyswits:

@kunle: thats so sweet, i like kittens! Yours sounds like a village elder's, thea av given u a reason 2 stab me!
At least like you suggested nairaland would be less congested, that is good enough reason.

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Unconfirmed Disturbing Report Pls Read. / Read This Joke. . . Its Very Funny! Lol / If You Read This. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.