Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,087 members, 7,949,756 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 06:13 PM

Is God Omniscient? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Omniscient? (706 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? / Is God Really Omniscient (All-Knowing)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is God Omniscient? by huxley(m): 11:50pm On Sep 19, 2008
Is god omniscient?

Case 1:  Genesis 22 - Abraham about to sacrifice Isaac.

8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

9 And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.

10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.

11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

12And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

"For now I know that thou fearest God . .  ."  How could god not have know that Abraham fearest him, if he is omniscient?  Why did he have to put them through this ordeal to just to find out if Abraham feared him.  What sort of monstrous and sick god is this?

Case 2 - Genesis 3 - Adam&Eve in the garden of Eden

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

7And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

8And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

9And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

10And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

11And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

12And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

How could an omniscient god not have known where Adam was but had to rely on saying "Where art thou?". Were they playing some sort of hide&seek game?  Did Adam&Eve know they were dealing with an omniscient being?

Did god know Adam&Eve know they were going to "sin" before he created them?  If so, why did he not make them more resistant to temptation?  Or, why did he bother to create them at all, if he already knew the ultimate outcome, being that they would sin, he would throw them out, he would then drown the offsprings in the Flood, he would destroy Sodom&Gomorah, etc.

Basically, it looks like whatever he tried his hands on, ends in failure.  What sort of "calamity god" is this that can never pull off just one tiny single success in any project?

(1) (Reply)

What Do We Do About This Muslem Saga? / Imams And Pastors To Pay Tax In Lagos / What Makes A Person A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.