Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,500 members, 7,904,908 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 09:29 PM

I Want 2 Know - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Want 2 Know (898 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Want 2 Know by dreswa20: 10:16am On Sep 22, 2008
does fruits help in reducing fat? if yes which fruit.
Re: I Want 2 Know by AmakaOne(f): 10:55am On Sep 22, 2008
It has been recommended that we should be eating at least 5 pieces of fruit every day in order to gain the full health benefits of eating fruit.

Fruit can also benefit many people wanting to lose weight. Energy consumption is thought to be mainly influenced by the taste, fiber content, density of energy and the variety of foods.

Eating fruit has the benefit of affecting some these factors.

Fruit is also low in sodium so they help reduce the chance of gaining water weight.

Providing you are eating about one-third of the diet as fruits & vegetables, you should notice rapid weight loss because the ample fruit consumption helps fill the stomach faster encouraging less high calorie foods to be consumed.

The total calorie consumption will automatically reduce even if we are eating plenty of fruit and vegetables. There is such a variety of fruits available that many can be freely eaten without consuming too many calories thereby controlling weight more effectively.

People who reduce their dietary energy density by adding water-rich foods, such as fruits and vegetables, and limiting fat intake lose a third more weight in 6 months compared with those who only decrease their fat intake, according to the results of a randomized controlled trial published in the June issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
Re: I Want 2 Know by Moyola(f): 3:01pm On Sep 22, 2008
not only fruit, u'll hv 2 use it with other stuffs.

Lemon. . . i thnk!! is one of such fruits!!

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Must To Cook / Rice! / Your Best Noodles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.