Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,699 members, 7,941,670 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 11:09 AM

Should Ladies Propose To Men? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Ladies Propose To Men? (2664 Views)

Should Ladies Also Ration Feelings Of Affection Towards Their Partner? / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / If You Propose To Ur Lady And She Refuses, What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 03, 2008
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by yomi123nl(m): 12:38am On Oct 07, 2008
As far as i'm concerned, a lady can initiate an affair(serious or unserious affair), but to propose, hell NO.
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by jenny4law(f): 2:34pm On Oct 08, 2008
chaircover you re right but it happens that way because our society sees it as an abomination if a girl proposes to the guy but to me i dont see anything there once the girl is truly in love with the guy mind you i dont mean "desperate to get married"
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by mechengin(m): 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2008
i want to say that if a woman loves a guy for marriage, the woman should go ahead and propose to the guy.there is nothing wrong in that.the woman should do it in a Godly manner.

Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by maxcolino(m): 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2008
i quite agree with you guys posting but left to me it dosen't really matter who do the proposing , there's no big deal
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by maxcolino(m): 4:12pm On Oct 09, 2008
jenny4law can u be some one i know?from owerri,hard too believe if u are the one all the best sha(EBERE?)
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 10, 2008
No Big Deal.
Ladies pay dowries in INDIA.so y naija go con different.
Make we switch dis tradition small.
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by tumfulu: 12:14am On Oct 10, 2008
when they are frustrated, they will start proposing.
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by A40(m): 12:42am On Oct 10, 2008
chaircover:

Are we all missing something here. wink

Women have been indirectly proposing to men for centuries (according to Nollywood anyway)

What do you think she is doing when comes over to your house, cooks you a good meal, puts on her shortest nightie, lies down in bed and the moment you try to touch her she says you can't do that until you pay her brideprice!

What do you think she is doing when she directly or indirectly asks you what are you doing with her and what are your plans for her?

What do you think she is doing when she travels miles just to go and "greet" to your mum or other important powerful ladies in your family? (note I said ladies because they are the ones who really have the power to give a Nay or Yea verdict on a girl their son/brother/cousin is currently dating.

In reality how many men get on one knee during afternoon tea at the Ritz & with an engagement ring hidden in the cream cake smiley
Perfecto!! Brilliant post so we still have intelligent women like these on Nairaland shocked
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by TOYOSI20(f): 12:45am On Oct 10, 2008
Nah, don't think I'll ever propose to a man. . . . . . embarassed

I'm kinda oldfashioned like that. . . . . . smiley
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by martho(m): 1:59pm On Oct 10, 2008
it happens all the time,have experience it most times, no big deal.
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by JJYOU: 7:03pm On Jan 14, 2009
chaircover:

Women have been indirectly proposing to men for centuries (according to Nollywood anyway)

What do you think she is doing when comes over to your house, cooks you a good meal, puts on her shortest nightie, lies down in bed and the moment you  try to touch her she says you cant do that until you pay her brideprice!

What do you think she is doing when she directly or indirectly asks you what are you doing with her and what are your plans for her?

What do you think she is doing when she travels miles just to go and "greet" to your mum or other important powerful ladies in your family? (note I said ladies cos they are the ones who really have the power to give a Nay or Yea verdict on a girl their son/brother/cousin is currently dating.

In reality how many men get on one knee during afternoon tea at the Ritz & with an engagement ring hidden in the cream cake smiley
thank you
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by hotstuff06(f): 7:14pm On Jan 14, 2009
chaircover:

What do you think she is doing when comes over to your house, cooks you a good meal, puts on her shortest nightie, lies down in bed and the moment you try to touch her she says you cant do that until you pay her brideprice!

What do you think she is doing when she travels miles just to go and "greet" to your mum or other important powerful ladies in your family? (note I said ladies cos they are the ones who really have the power to give a Nay or Yea verdict on a girl their son/brother/cousin is currently dating.

My thoughts exactly, as for me nothing wrong in that, I actually asked my hubby out on a date first time we met. I was 22 and not desperate but I really like him. Did all my investigation about him and I knew in my heart he was the one so why waste my time, He was 27 then, I walked up to him and asked him to give me a min of his time, funny enough, he asked me to stop once we got outside and asked me out before I completed my sentence. We got married 2 year after. It been 10 yrs and 2 beautiful boys now since we met and I still confirm I was right to ahve made my move.

So ladies u see what u like, u go for it, why waste time feeling like u can't talk when u know what u want.
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 14, 2009
hey guys, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. why kill urselves inside by not telling him u love him. it now depends on how the lady carries herself. i have experienced ladies woo me not once or twice and i've not cos of that seen them as cheap ladies. they no wat they want and went for it. its just unfortunate that ladies see the outside and not the inside.
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by esilove(m): 7:30pm On Jan 14, 2009
GO FOR WHAT U LIKE. Its not a big deal after all u are going for what u like
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by JJYOU: 7:44pm On Jan 14, 2009
hotstuff06:

My thoughts exactly, as for me nothing wrong in that, I actually asked my hubby out on a date first time we met. I was 22 and not desperate but I really like him. Did all my investigation about him and I knew in my heart he was the one so why waste my time, He was 27 then, I walked up to him and asked him to give me a min of his time, funny enough, he asked me to stop once we got outside and asked me out before I completed my sentence. We got married 2 year after. It been 10 yrs and 2 beautiful boys now since we met and I still confirm I was right to ahve made my move.

So ladies u see what u like, u go for it, why waste time feeling like u can't talk when u know what u want.
thanks. where are the others to read this. it is not as bad as most of you think. many women would still be single if they didnt make the move. there is more of it going on and may many more come
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 14, 2009
Some guys will definately take advantage of girls if they were to propose to them, 'some' I said
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by JJYOU: 7:52pm On Jan 14, 2009
ibkaye:

Some guys will definately take advantage of girls if they were to propose to them, 'some' I said
you will always find some people take advantage in every area of life
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 14, 2009
@JJYOU
Yup, definately, as well as there being things people will be willing to risk being taken advantage of
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by cdoma: 1:58pm On Jan 15, 2009
i do agree with shollyaj, ladies can do d moves while we do finishing
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by smooooooth: 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2009
CAPITAL NO. a man shld do the asking, though we support change, not every change is good, and this is one negative one.
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by desthan(m): 5:04pm On Jan 15, 2009
propose , initiate relationship all na Arrant Rubbish, senseless talk, have you ever seen a hen chase the rooster or you think God didn't know what HE was doing undecided
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by babsongudus: 5:29pm On Jan 15, 2009
desthan:

propose , initiate relationship all na Arrant Rubbish, senseless talk, have you ever seen a hen chase the rooster or you think God didn't know what HE was doing undecided
hen and rooster na human being?
look! there is nothin bad/new in lady proposing to a man inasmuch, she feels he is good for her. lobatan.(finish)
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by Iyke4Real(m): 8:34pm On Jan 15, 2009
Please let us stop deceiving ourselves.There is nowhere in this planet where a woman or a lady proposes to a man.The fact remains that anyman it is not possible.
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by Treetop20(m): 9:05pm On Jan 15, 2009
Iyke4Real:

Please let us stop deceiving ourselves.[b]There is nowhere in this planet where a woman or a lady proposes to a man.[/b]The fact remains that anyman it is not possible.
you have been living in lagos for way too long
you need to expand your horizon
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by kushi1: 9:22pm On Jan 15, 2009
Why shouldn't they?
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 15, 2009
desthan:

Lmao cheesy
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by babsongudus: 9:03am On Jan 16, 2009
Treetop20:

you have been living in lagos for way too long
you need to expand your horizon

exclusive and educative response grin grin grin
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by Taken(m): 10:35am On Jan 16, 2009
Yes, ladies can propose to a man in the form of suggestions but not like a man will do his.
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by JazzFreak(m): 11:32am On Jan 16, 2009
~ku_sh!~:

Why shouldn't they?

babsongudus:

hen and rooster na human being?
look! there is nothin bad/new in lady proposing to a man in as much, she feels he is good for her. lobatan.(finish)

If agro catch the hen well well, hei go pursue the cock wey no wan gree do. grin

JJYOU:

It is not as bad as most of you think. many women would still be single if they didnt make the move. there is more of it going on and may many more come

Ladies above 35years will surely consider this a valid option.
At least I know someone that claims her boyfriend is too timid for final comittment; yet he loves her very much.
If the guy no gree ask, the woman fit askgrin
else some affairs will be stuck in limbo. Guy no ask question, woman no fit reply
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by JJYOU: 11:41am On Jan 16, 2009
Jazz Freak:

If agro catch the hen well well, hei go pursue the cock wey no wan gree do.  grin

Ladies above 35years will surely consider this a valid option.
At least I know someone that claims her boyfriend is too timid for final comittment; yet he loves her very much.
If the guy no gree ask, the woman fit  askgrin
else some affairs will be stuck in limbo. Guy no ask question, woman no fit reply 

i strongly disagree.  why 35? should be learnt earlier. it is not about being timid but asking for what you want and i think women are better @ asking or making suggestions
Iyke4Real:

Please let us stop deceiving ourselves.There is nowhere in this planet where a woman or a lady proposes to a man.The fact remains that anyman it is not possible.
i take that as a joke
Re: Should Ladies Propose To Men? by sheyee(m): 11:50am On Jan 16, 2009
ABOMINATION shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Kisses Better,nigerians Or / Valentine Experience: Let Us Gist / Would You Give Up Your Virginity After Ur Traditional Wedding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.