Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,081 members, 7,939,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:07 AM

My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs (42283 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / Should A Boyfriend Always Take Care Of His Girlfriend's Financial Needs? / Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by KarmaMod(f): 12:57am On Sep 23, 2008
Sex is the least he can do for being a loser.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 23, 2008
i didnt even see the spot where she talked about enjoying the sex. grin
why women choose to open their legs to just about any irresponsible fellow who comes across their path is beyond me. No wonder you find it so hard to walk away. The guy is probably just enjoying the sex and the money until he makes it and moves on with one with firmer boobs.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by GucciBabe(f): 1:10am On Sep 23, 2008
ppl are saying this and that, but don't you think at one point she made it seem okay for him to ask her for money? I mean maybe she was carried away with the sex part, she wants him so bad she didn't care about what she has to sacrifice for pleasing her. And now i think she can't take the burden she created for herself, now its hard to move on after realizing she just can't keep up ( so its a complicated story), did you ever asked how the whole "buying his family things just to prove big girl", Thats what she tried to portray and she got caught up in the games. You can't blame either of them, They knew what they both were doing !
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by StephenP(m): 1:15am On Sep 23, 2008
LMAO The sex must be pretty good cause she don't want to leave him alone.

davidylan:

why women choose to open their legs to just about any irresponsible fellow who comes across their path is beyond me. No wonder you find it so hard to walk away. The guy is probably just enjoying the sex and the money until he makes it and moves on with one with firmer boobs.

So true.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Nobody: 1:29am On Sep 23, 2008
Oya, Stephen, why are you always agreeing with David sef?

Oya, talk ya own or comot form the thread. follow follow tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by StephenP(m): 1:39am On Sep 23, 2008
Well he's said all I basically wanted to say.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by DaPhoenix(f): 1:42am On Sep 23, 2008
I don't know about the rest of you ladies, if the sex is real good and I never have to fake it, I don't mind footing the bills but for how long?
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by StephenP(m): 1:51am On Sep 23, 2008
DaPhoenix:

I don't know about the rest of you ladies, if the sex is real good and I never have to fake it, I don't mind footing the bills but for how long?

ROFL!! That definitely caught me off-guard. Well, thank you for being honest, hopefully, you don't end up in the same dilemma of the poster.

By the way, when should I submit my resume and recommendations from the girls who've a piece of "Da Chocolat"?
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Queenisha1: 1:53am On Sep 23, 2008
There's no where on the original post that the poster even acknowledged that the man has a private part.
Let's not jump to conclusions
there are still many unanswered questions

or did I miss that part
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by StephenP(m): 1:56am On Sep 23, 2008
Oh yeah she did, it's on the first post in bold.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Queenisha1: 1:59am On Sep 23, 2008
Maybe I didn't mention one little detail. He is really good in bed    LOL  maybe that's why I still hang around I don't know.

Then why are we wasting our time advising her ?
she's getting her money's worth grin
why is she complaining ?
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by GucciBabe(f): 2:01am On Sep 23, 2008
_Queenisha:

Then why are we wasting our time advising her ?
she's getting her money's worth grin
why is she complaining ?

this post sef!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by onyinye2(f): 2:02am On Sep 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

Sex is the least he can do for being a loser.
I agree. What else is the guy useful for? You might as well just make him a lock-a-away man. Just have your fun with him, then lock him away. I mean there is no way in hell I could even be in the presence of such a lazy human being. I mean utterly a disgrace. How do you call yourself a man when you behave like a teenage boy? I mean this just baffles. I mean you aint even married yet, he acting like this. God forbid I married a guy like this. Might as well set up a room for me in the asylum cause im going to go insane.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by seund1: 3:22am On Sep 23, 2008
Guys You won't beleive this.!
CLICK THIS LINK TO VISIT: http://depacco.com/pages/index.php?refid=ifystallon
Signup as a member And get paid $100 instantly to your Egold or Paypal.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by CYclone1(f): 4:26am On Sep 23, 2008
joichi:

Hi nairalander,
[b]Do I love him? That I do not know[/b].
Maybe I didn't mention one little detail.  He is really good in bed grin  LOL  maybe that's why I still hang around I don't know.
No yaps, snide talks
You don't know if you love him, so, keep paying for the sex.
BTW, with a yarn like this, snide remarks are inevitable.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by MP007(m): 5:57am On Sep 23, 2008
and you say ladies dont have "chicken brain" undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Nobody: 5:57am On Sep 23, 2008
By now I am sure every one has told you to leave his sorry ass. By staying you leave the impression that you can't do any better than this man. You sound like someone secure in herself and intelligent. Drop the bum. Find someone who respects you and himself.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by benyboy(m): 7:34am On Sep 23, 2008
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by bolexy1: 7:47am On Sep 23, 2008
uhm, silver or gold i av none but wat i av i give to thee, rise up and walk-out!
just kidding, good thing you spoke out about wats bothering you.
your maturity will be judged by the decisions you take
cos they av positive or negative implications about your future
i hate to say this, but i guess you feel age is on your side (heck, it actually is at 24! you can still afford to enjoy the guys sex!) but ask me baby, time flys, you'r youthful, upwardly mobile, you need a compliment
so wats ur focus? future? family? a good home? i'm afraid you aint thinking abt these for now?
i hear the guy discourages you from acquiring a car!? dats ridiculous! wat type of guy is he anyway? and you too wat type of babe are you too?
the key to success in life is to discover who you are, and live up to it, nobody will do it for you, its by self discovery.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by dready(f): 8:03am On Sep 23, 2008
Just keep fuccking till you get a replacement, but please dont put your hopes on him at all , if he has he might probably forget about you and at the end you will feel the pains, just fucck if that is what u want, just fucck, dont spend your money on him, he should be ashamed of himself, to me these are men that take young girls for granted always trying to impose them selves on the ladies. When next he ask you for money just tell him you've spent it on your family, do it for some months and see if he is still there claiming he loves you, but if he quits just know he was there because of the money, i have been in this position before, and God knows i will never be in this type of position again.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by safoly(m): 8:09am On Sep 23, 2008
@poser, i think you have really done your best for this guy. He should appreciate all you've done and shoud be in the position to look for a  job. If i were you, i would reduce the amount of money i give him by say 50% and later by 20%. I think if you do this, he wd sit tight and look for job. The job doesnt need to be an oil company job or bank job. It could be a menial job that he could survive with instead of asking him for money always. I do spend for my ex-girlfriend until i decided not becos the pressure was on me and afterthen she left me. So i am just myself , cool and looking for a comforter. I hope it comes
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by tolulopsy(f): 8:18am On Sep 23, 2008
just leave this guy and move on with life
i've had the same experience in the past, that i just av to close my eyes and dump him, his own case is even worse, i'll spend all my money on him yet he's not appreciative.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by zheroes(m): 8:23am On Sep 23, 2008
beny_boy:

hello joichi,ur story is a bit fake(take no offence).hw on hell can a 24yr old be wasting time on a 31yr old,n her reason is sex n a probability of marriage.honestly,i don't believe it.if you rily want to make it in life,dumping his ass shld not be negotiated.i'm happy u hv decided to wake from ur slumba.if u want to meet real guys,bug me a message(beny_boy2k2@yahoo.com).
take kia smiley

for real? i doubt you!

@ topic,

you know what you want and how you hope to get it, one thing i know in life is: NOTHING IN LIFE STAYS THE SAME. It either gets worse or better, this boyfriend of yours, has he got a chance of success in life?  a lot of people are so quick to say dump him cos at 31 he still cannot figure out his directions, everything depends on you, if you cant wait, quit. good you enjoy something in him, life isnt about the money and of course no one PLANS to live a frustrated life, if you feel you are at your breaking point, then quit.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by AndyM: 8:41am On Sep 23, 2008
Please understand my plight. I'm not looking for a ready made man. I want someone I can grow wit in all aspects of our lives. But with his financial attitude, I doubt if I can stand it. Maybe I didn't mention one little detail. He is really good in bed LOL maybe that's why I still hang around I don't know.

MUMU AND OVERSEXED PERVERT LIKE YOU DONT ELICIT SYMPATHY FROM ANYBODY BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT ADVICE IS GIVEN TO YOU WILL BE BURIED IN THAT YOUR OVERSEXED CUNT! MESS OFF THIS THREAD QUICKLY
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by wariowei(m): 8:42am On Sep 23, 2008
Chei ya!!!! Poor Poster.

See amma, I'll give you tips to help you make rightful decision. The issue here is not about how much you've spent on him or how much satisfaction he gives you on bed. Of course, these are obvious benefits of a r/ship and that's what most r/ship anchor on. And it certainly can come from either parties.

Let me quickly remind you that you're not the only one in such shoes, lots of girls are in it and are much more comfortable with it. It depends on what you want now that will also help you in future. Because i believe the answers you look for are futuristic. Now find out these questions:

1. Does your man really loves you to want to sacrifice for your sake? Now, the sacrifice i mean here is not all about money because money isn't every thing. I mean the much interest he shows on things concerning you.
2. Are his vision and goals what you want in your kind of man?
3. Are you comfortable with his features? By his features i mean the way he talks, the kind of friends he hangs out with, his size, looks, intelligence, etc.

If you get your answers (not mine) correct 3/3, girl, i'll advice you stay with him, if not, walk away!
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by tolulopsy(f): 8:54am On Sep 23, 2008
leave the guy and move on with life
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by lwise(m): 9:03am On Sep 23, 2008
@poster,

Babe you can have it all!!!.A lot of rich girls dont enjoy what you are enjoying.
If you leave him hundreds of girls are waiting outside to snatch him.
Have you bought a car for him,have u built a house.abeeeeeeeeeeeeeegg,mechonu.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by JazzyJ(f): 9:14am On Sep 23, 2008
same situation here, saying he is here looking for a football club, but none yet, spent money on him, a lot. but nt alwiz, i guess it depends on d situation,

like my man, he is husband material, he tries to get money a little at a tym, transportation n all on his own, onli food is normally on me. unless sumtimes i juz feel like buying things fr him den i do it on my own will, not him asking or forcing, i guess once he gets a steady job den dis wud all b over,

but on the other end if u say it has been for long, den my own advice to u is leave dat jerk of a guy, n about him good on bed, errrr i left 3 exbf fr dis guy, he may not be d bomb compared to the others but still satisfies me, so der will b sumone der who is better den him out der, juz let him go, cm out ur coconut shell n open ur eyes n u will find, tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 23, 2008
wariowei:

Chei ya!!!! Poor Poster.

See amma, I'll give you tips to help you make rightful decision. The issue here is not about how much you've spent on him or how much satisfaction he gives you on bed. Of course, these are obvious benefits of a r/ship and that's what most r/ship anchor on. And it certainly can come from either parties.

The issue here is how comfortable he is with the ‘unfortunate’ situation. He’s out of job, so? No reason for him to let the poor girl spend all her life savings on him and his family. There are a thousand and one guys with no jobs and no girlfriends to rip off and they still survive. Helping him out once in a while is not such a bad idea, but making it a habit That’s absurd. Temporary as it may seem, it might become a habit if not checked.

Let me say something, I’m not against helping your spouse financially, or bearing the financial burden of the family occasionally when he’s down. I’m just seriously worried about the family part. Why should she even spend money on his family when they are not married? She’s his girlfriend for God’s sakes, not his wife. She has no responsibility whatsoever towards his people. She can pay him for the good sex for all I care, but bearing his burden and that of his family? That’s insane!!!

Hannibal, I get all your indignation about the injustice in this an all, but how will you feel if your wife/GF decides she’s getting tired of doing the chores, and you decide to step up as a man to help when she’s down. You clean, wash, cook . .  and all you get is ‘Honey could you add more salt next time??’ ‘I don’t want to eat rice today; I want moi moi’. ‘Sweetie could you please wash my sister’s underwear too?’. Honey aint you going to wash those dishes before we sleep??

Tell me you wont go crazy . .
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by mybad: 9:21am On Sep 23, 2008
Your boyfriend is probably using you as an available source of pocket money while he plans for a good future for himself(that future might not include you my dear).

You however have to be sure of what you want out of this whole thing,you said he is good in bed and at 24 should you be paying for a man to sleep with you?
You should look for more important things in a relationship rather than just sleeping with your man.
Try and develop yourself for the future instead of wasting precious money on a manwho isn't ready to get serious.
For instance, where do you see yourself in five years?
Do you imagine yourself married to this man and do you believe he can make something out of himself, become responsible and take charge of the family?
If your answer is yes then you can surely go ahead with the relationship.
If however your mind is made and you feel you are not getting as much as you've put into this thing then i'll advise you opt out.

You must however understand that life isn't a one way traffic.
Things could work out for him someday too.
If really you can make him see reason and settle down to serious life then the better for you two.
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by nzeaji(m): 9:33am On Sep 23, 2008
Na-waoh!!!!!!

A guy at 31 is not financially responsible and is not ambitious and doesn't see anything wrong in depending totally on you.

And you love him (mostly) based on the sex. grin grin grin

RECIPE FOR DISASTER!!! shocked shocked
Re: My Boyfriend Relies On Me For His Financial Needs by Livvvvy(f): 9:46am On Sep 23, 2008
@poster

I will advice that you keep tolerating your man, am sure he appreciates u and am sure he doesnt find pleasure asking u all the time. You are only fortunate to get a job. If u guy is responsible and meet all the qualities you want in a man, then i dont subscribe to your leavin him, Money is not a factor of classifying a good man. Things will definately get better.

I will also advice that you be careful how you spend money on his people, that isnt a wise one to do. Try and invest for yourself and your future.

And I am certain that the disrespect you have for him is due to the fact that he is jobless. You should know that everything is in your hands. You knew him better before ascepting the relationship, so you should able to strenghten the r/ship at times like this.

No condition is permanent, no matter how bad the situation is today, tomorrow holds better for the next dude.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pictures Of A Nairalander Who Is Set To Mary His Beautiful Wife.. / Love Quotes And Sayings For Valentine! / Dating A Nigerian Woman Is Like Taking Care Of Orphans - Breggle Acha Derrick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.