Stats: 3,183,450 members, 7,920,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 11:36 AM

Ogboni Frat - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ogboni Frat (106803 Views)

My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. / Ogboni Fraternity Members Also Attend Churches And Mosques - Supreme Leader / Powerful Herbalist And Ogboni Cult Ruler Gives His Life To Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogboni Frat by stimulus(m): 7:37pm On Jun 27, 2007
TYNN2:

MAN SHOULD KNOW THYSELF. research and learn don't blame and discriminates.

@TYNN2,

This is the problem that amuses me in the kind of reasoning you post. It's quite convenient for you to post that people should 'learn don't blame and discriminate' - and you have taken the privilege of actually discriminating and blaming in that same post! Does this fact not clearly demonstrate that you don't know thyself?
Re: Ogboni Frat by 9ja4eva: 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2007
I dont know much abt Ogboni bt i dnt tink its dt much of a good cult cos of the evil things i hear dey do.

Pirates is a better option.D one founded by Wole Soyinka.

Re: Ogboni Frat by hinduism(f): 10:33am On Jun 28, 2007
@TYNN2: Thanks for your advice and information. Where do you think is the right place to join them? I mean which country? Are you a member too? Can we talk offlist?
Re: Ogboni Frat by Bukky1979: 12:52pm On Jul 12, 2007
Yinkagal,

Let me give you some info about Reform Ogboni Fraternity. The Reform took place some month after the end of World War2. About 1914. The activities of the Frat was not and Had never been revealed by anybody to anybody. All comments about the issue or the frat is base on Imaginary view of the reporter. In that case, nobody can give you info, even a member of the frat about their activities or what they do.

Categorically, ROF Believe in self dignity and integrity. Well behaved and mannered individual are always invited. You can not join the frat by application, they can only find you provided you satisfy the Criteria of selection.

ROF believes in SUPREME BEING, and they allow any religion,. so far you believe in God. They believe that God is a Great Geometrist. Reason why their Symbol carries Letter 'G'.

Above all, ROF is well connected to people in REAL WORLD and UNDERWORLD. They have international affiliate regarded as FREEMANSONS.

Find out for yourself. But be careful to open a discussion on this kind of ISSUES. I responded because you asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ogboni Frat by 9ja4eva: 12:43am On Jul 13, 2007
Hmm
Re: Ogboni Frat by Echidime(m): 7:54pm On Mar 16, 2008
@Bukky_1979:What do you mean by this:Above all, ROF is well connected to people in REAL WORLD and UNDERWORLD?

I think it will be better for you to say what you are sure of than come here and say what you don't know.

Today I want to make it public:

Any one who wants to join THE REFORMED OGBONI FRATERNITY ( R.O. F.) Should contact me offlist,I am a member and will gladly help the applicant to write his or her name in GOLD.
Re: Ogboni Frat by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 17, 2008
Yinkagal:
ROF believes in SUPREME BEING, and they allow any religion,. so far you believe in God. They believe that God is a Great Geometrist. Reason why their Symbol carries Letter 'G'.

Above all, ROF is well connected to people in REAL WORLD and UNDERWORLD. They have international affiliate regarded as FREEMANSONS.

Find out for yourself. But be careful to open a discussion on this kind of ISSUES. I responded because you asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christians who join these groups for the sake of money/connections should remember that Jesus was similarly tempted and He rejected the lousy offer ==>

Luke 4:5-8

The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. So if you worship me, it will all be yours."

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.

Bottomline => what is the REAL price for all the money/connections that you will still leave behind when you die??

Re: Ogboni Frat by Pinkrosey(f): 11:11am On Mar 18, 2008
Blood of Jesus
Re: Ogboni Frat by Echidime(m): 4:18pm On Jun 25, 2008
@babs787: Where did you get all the informations you posted What gain does it give you talking bad or painting an Organisation RED I advice you watch whatever you say with your mouth,any wise man who want to live long should guard his or her mouth knowing  that life and death lies in the mouth.
Re: Ogboni Frat by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 27, 2008
@ echidime,

right from the onset my mind told me there's something unclear about you
Re: Ogboni Frat by vickymoore(m): 12:53pm On Sep 26, 2008
I was alone today trying to imagine betrayal of my very close friends, the people I know from childhood, we ate together, share clothes and everything. But they had always betrayed my trust in one way or the other. I had even seen blood brother sold out his own blood, and I began to wonder, what's friendship? where's brotherly love and care and trust. In Nigeria where I come from, no one trusts each other, friends dont want their friends to have, they prefer their friends to be their slaves or errend boys. The people you dine with when the going is smooth would turn against you when the going gets tough.

I concluded, there's no true love in mare friendship, so I decided to join a true brotherhood which is based on principles and trust, where friends love their friends and would wish them good.

I truely want to join desperately, I want to have friends I can rely on, friends that wouldnt betray me, friends that would wish me well.

Please, anyone that has the idea and the protocols on joining should contact me on governorvictor2k2@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Ogboni Frat by obinna5000(m): 1:58pm On Sep 26, 2008
I have heard alot of negative things about The Ogboni Fraternity. And the things I heard is not something that I will advice someone to join. Please rely on God always and don't join any secret society or brotherhood. God never fails his children.
Re: Ogboni Frat by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 26, 2008
@echidime

nwanne so ibayengo nna kpachapukwaaya oo. ya gazie ragi.
Re: Ogboni Frat by lioness(f): 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2008
EVERYONE,

Lets say am in a r/ship with a guy that is an Ogboni member [but i dont know]
What signs can i look for that will convince me that he cld be a memb

Pls this is important
Re: Ogboni Frat by plusQueen: 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2008
lioness:

EVERYONE,

Lets say am in a r/ship with a guy that is an Ogboni member [but i don't know]
What signs can i look for that will convince me that he cld be a memb

please this is important

Look in his closet,I hear they have a wierd looking garment they wear for meetings.
Secondly I hear they don't attend funerals of non members.
Thirdly I hear they have a box or closet or room that's offlimits to anyone.
Re: Ogboni Frat by lucabrasi(m): 2:53am On Oct 10, 2008
plus_Queen:

Look in his closet,I hear they have a wierd looking garment they wear for meetings.
hmmn, r u sure you didnt see that in a nollywood movie starring kanayo.o.kanayo grin

@babs747
that was an awesome write up,pls share more on ogboni because im intrigued and eager to learn more
Re: Ogboni Frat by babs787(m): 7:58pm On Oct 10, 2008
@Lucabrasi

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-17450.64.html

What else do you want to know about ROF and I would try to explain?
Re: Ogboni Frat by lioness(f): 2:13pm On Oct 21, 2008
plus_Queen:

Thanks, someone once told me they wear pure white pants/boxers and walk around at night.
well, what if you just come out right and ask an ogboni member if he belongs to the ogboni frat.
what wld he do? wld he chop ur head off?
Re: Ogboni Frat by comfort3: 3:12am On Apr 06, 2009
Re: Ogboni Frat by comfort3: 3:13am On Apr 06, 2009
Re: Ogboni Frat by comfort3: 3:18am On Apr 06, 2009
[b]Ogboni and the Yoruba Society
NotePad By Kazeem Adeleke

In recent times, there have been controversies on what the duties of the Ogboni society really is. While some people are of the opinion that the Ogboni society is a social club, others have argued that it is a cult because of their secrecy. But while the argument rages on, the incontrovertible fact is that during the nineteenth century, the society acted as check on the Oba in the Yoruba society. Just as like the legislature, executive and judiciary check on one another, it was the duty of the Ogboni society to check the excesses of the Oba whenever he was becoming despotic or misusing his powers. Based on this vital role, every Yoruba town or village had one form of Ogboni society or the other to check on the Baale or village head whenever he was wielding his power arbitrarily.

MEMBERSHIP
Membership to the society was not open to all. In most cases only those who have achieved certain age level, social status and who are of high integrity were allowed to be members.

The Ogboni society was known by different names depending on the area where it was located. In the ancient town of Ijebu Ife for instance, it was known as Oshugbo.

DUTIES
Like in other places where the Ogboni society existed, the Oshugbo society also had judicial powers. They adjudicated cases and sometimes administered punishment. In some situations the society worked with the Oro cult to ensure that adequate punishment came to offenders.

Though the Ogboni society has been condemned severally by the church, and other religious bodies in recent times, they were however in essence a valuable stabilizing influence to the Yoruba culture in the past. They were also responsible for linking the immeasurable towns of Yorubaland, for a member of the Ogboni house of any other town was freely received as a full member in the Ogboni house of another town. This relationship did not end just in Nigeria but extended to as far as Dahomey and other places Yoruba people lived.

PARAPHERNALIA
In the society several insignia were used for identification and rituals. One of these is a set of drums. Each Ogboni group had a series of four drums or more known as Agba. Ranging in size from largest, which were over a meter in height, to one, which was about one-half meter, or less, the drums performed different functions. The largest of the drums is adorned with elaborate anthropomorphic pattern in low relief. There is homogeneity about the drums in all the Ogboni societies because as anywhere, the central figure on the largest drums was the same everywhere. There is however a controversy about what this symbol truly represent. Some scholars have argued that the figure represented Olokun because of the mudfish legs. Others have however pointed out that the face of the figure is that of Esu because it looks like that found on the Opon Ifa.

Besides the drums, there is also the Edan, which are short iron rod onto which two figures- a male and a female are attached. The forms of the two figures were sculpted to conform to the areas of the Ogboni society. This figures which are held together by a chain attached to the heads are kept in the inner sanctuary of the Ogboni house to which non-but full members of the society may penetrate. The Edan are very functional and are used in sending coded messages to express friendship and also summon offenders to appear before a judiciary committee. Like the Ada Ogboni, another insignia, the Edan are kept highly polished. 

[/b]
Re: Ogboni Frat by comfort3: 2:15pm On Apr 06, 2009
wink
Re: Ogboni Frat by dbaptist1(m): 10:55pm On Apr 06, 2009
weda reformed or "only" ogboni
its satanic demonic and watever bad tin u could think of about a secret cult
if u c dem in action u will run 4 ur dear life
no mater wat dey wil cal it here my sister dnt listen and no mata how their p.r.o will paint and package it [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]ogboni is devilish and satani
Re: Ogboni Frat by Remii(m): 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2009
d-baptist:

weda reformed or "only" ogboni
its satanic demonic and watever bad tin u could think of about a secret cult
if u c dem in action u will run 4 ur dear life
no mater wat dey wil cal it here my sister dnt listen and no mata how their p.r.o will paint and package it [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]ogboni is devilish and satani

What specific information do you have about their act and actions that make you conclude that their evil and satanic, have you been a member or attended their meeting before where they discuss evil thing. Please avail us these facts because jumping to conclusion based on hearsay and self righteousness is arrogantly ignorant , misleading and could be evil too, so lay facts on us.
Re: Ogboni Frat by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:11pm On Apr 07, 2009
@ poster
it is Nice Sharing your thought here on NL,its a Nice Choice,you need the Connection i can do it if only you are prepared and ready to be a dedicated member,i cant discuss it here openly because of the mates out here but kindly hit me up via email,visit my page for my Contact,below is a document about me n' my Rugged Identity on the Fraternity.

Re: Ogboni Frat by loverscmdr(m): 11:42am On Apr 16, 2009
echidime u sound bold about this
Re: Ogboni Frat by OpsE1: 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2009
My people, my father was an Oluwo Iledi Ogunbiyi in Ibadan, the conclave (Iledi) is beside Methodist Church close to Odutola Tyre in Oke Ado.I have been to the inner worship place of the Iledi.

Really, they talk strongly about morals and indeed they display real trust and love to each other, you see real display of trust and love among them those days.

They used to call me Kekere Awo then and because my father was the Oluwo, they gave me privilege of entering the worship place both in Iledi Ogunbiyi and West A Division Headquarter then at Yemetu Ibadan.

As a child I always look forward to meeting days, for me it was like feast, lots of food and drinks and a lot of gifts (money) as their supposed Kekere Awo.

My father took time to explain so many things about the society to me because he wanted me to join since all my senior ones refused to join and he wanted someone to join thought without any force.Some of the information given by babs747 were correct but not all.For example, I saw my Father's corpse intact before he was buried despite the fact that ROF had a vigil with the Corpse where we did lying in state a nite before his burial, so the cutting of the head is absolutely not correct, if they cut head I don't see them sparing the head of a man that was an Oluwo for more than 20 years.

I can bodly say that my father was never involved in any wicked or dirty thing while alive.He was a wonderful man that anybody will pray to have as a Father, but personally as a Christian, I do not believe I should have another god or bow down to another image other than the God Almighty.If you mention my Father's name to any member of the Society you will be amazed the reaction you'll get, that is to tell you that they want his children to be part of them but none of us is interested.

Despite all these, I will never advise anybody to join any Society that is not based on Christ.

I have already determined that for me and my household I will ONLY SERVE THE LORD !!!.

So I advise you that only God Almighty can save and therefore embrace Him and forget about joining ROF.Remember Ecclesiastes? ALL IS VANITY !!!

Re: Ogboni Frat by Bastage: 6:14pm On Apr 24, 2009
[quote="bucky 1979"]Above all, ROF is well connected to people in REAL WORLD and UNDERWORLD. They have international affiliate regarded as FREEMANSONS.[/quote]

Quite simply that is not true.
Freemasonry has nothing whatsoever to do with the ROF.
The only link is that the ROF has stolen some of Freemasonry's ritual.

Freemasonry does not and never has recognised the ROF.
Re: Ogboni Frat by nijadudeuk(m): 11:32pm On May 16, 2009
For those that dont know, its easy to criticise the ogboni frat
Re: Ogboni Frat by dbd101: 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2009
yinkagal go to the website and get all information you need www.rofonline.org or www.rof-worldwide.com
Re: Ogboni Frat by dbd101: 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2009
the fraternity talks about supremecy of God Almighty preaches LOVE which both the christians and muslim preaches if you love you neighbour as urself you wont hurt the person e.t.c but go to the web site read more. you hear so many things about EIYE, PIRATE, , BUCCANEER e.t.c a lot of us say a lot of rubbish about them but the members are proud to be
Re: Ogboni Frat by babsjnr(m): 9:42am On Sep 01, 2009
hello my ppls, can any give me more details about the evl ogboni cult and if u know any website send it to me . thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Relaxes Restriction On Churches, Mosques / Apostle Suleman's 50 Prophecies For 2017 / "Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51