Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,758 members, 7,875,903 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:20 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (505022 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 8:31am On Sep 20, 2007
TKB417

I figured the guy chickened out. He ran for his dear life. . .
he shoulda waited till next Monday to announce his retirement . grin cheesy wink

But seriously, If Jose decided to leave, then he must have seen something ahead. .
He must have realised that no trophy was coming to the bridge this season ad that would mean Roman's money down the drain again and that would eventually lead to his sack which would be disgraceful so he decided to leave gracefully now so we all would keep guessin why he did. . . cool grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 8:34am On Sep 20, 2007
So when is the funeral? because this wake-keeping service is getting tooo long. grin grin grin
I wonder where in hell is Razorr? shes resigned too. grin grin grin
Kenyon should come back, we still want him.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 8:39am On Sep 20, 2007
lmao. .
tkb417
you are so cruel, !!
Razorr resigned with Jose. .
Double jeopardy for NL Cheskites!!!!!!!!!!!!!. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Banderas(m): 8:57am On Sep 20, 2007
Hahaha Kunmi, Quality!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 9:00am On Sep 20, 2007
lmao. .
tkb417
you are so cruel, !!
Razorr resigned with Jose. .
Double jeopardy for Nairaland Cheskites!!!!!!!!!!!!!. . .
please, look for razorr
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 9:08am On Sep 20, 2007
Razorr's in the[b] JOSE'S ASS GOT KICKED[/b] thread!!
She's been postin some sentimental condolence messages!!! grin cheesy cool

@Banderas
you called me? wats up?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Banderas(m): 9:18am On Sep 20, 2007
Hey Kunmi, I was simply joining you in laughing at TKB's post, regarding Razorr resigning (or being sacked) with Mour
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by toshmann(m): 10:20am On Sep 20, 2007
una don de happy now, abi. shame go kill una if chelski come collect draw for OT on sunday
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 10:50am On Sep 20, 2007
abeg REDS, how our performance with Lisbon jare ?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:44am On Sep 20, 2007
@ Ruudie,

1st half was horrible.
Everyone was playing with some stupid caution although the pitch was worse than Chelsea's potato pitch.
Making crisp passes was impossible and Lisbon had the best chances all through the 1st half.
United's performance was horrific . . . .only Van Der Sar and Ronaldo sparkled.

In the 2nd half . . . . Fergie made some changes tactically and United pressed more.
That was when things started geling . . . . . . .
Saha, Anderson and Tevez came in and United threatened more.
Ronaldo's goal was a beauty . . . . Wes Brown's cross and Ronaldo headed into the net . . . . .
After the goal . . . . .United turned on the heat and we were missing chances after chances.
Tevez played well and Anderson wasn't bad . . . . .
We should be in shape for Chelsea on sunday . . . .I am confident.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tboy81(m): 12:15pm On Sep 20, 2007
Another interesting part of Ronaldo's goal was the fact that the Lisbon applauded him even though he scored against them.

I really liked that from the Lisbon supporters, for that alone i wish they qualify with us from that group.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Banderas(m): 12:19pm On Sep 20, 2007
TBoy, I think his reaction after the goal helped. He didn't over-rejoice, and he sort of bowed apologetically. I was impressed.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2007
Great gist; Just hope wesley brown can improve on his crossing so we don't miss Baba Gary much. . . learnt Rooney had a pretty quiet night - don't y'all think we should start Saha/Tevez ?
As 4 Ronaldo, good to hear that he's growing up by the day. . . . i'm sure he got a very good ticking off from SAF after that pompey red card and now has a whole lot more sense!

Didn't watch our game c'uz i was more interested in Henry's progress at Barca. . . . they're still pretty much getting acquainted with 'emselves there - when IGWE starts to make his usual darting runs in2 space he's hardly noticed; when those guys finally get in2 sync, they'll be devastating!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2007
Hey guys, can you do me a favour?

Can you guys please beat us this Sunday? undecided

Please, I beg you, beat Chelsea on Sunday! I can give anything right now, to see you beat us. wink

Please do it with about 6 goals to nil.

Thanks guys! kiss
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 4:40pm On Sep 20, 2007
Razorr:

Hey guys, can you do me a favour?

Can you guys please beat us this Sunday? undecided

Please, I beg you, beat Chelsea on Sunday! I can give anything right now, to see you beat us. wink

Please do it with about 6 goals to nil.

Thanks guys! kiss

No Ma. . . . . . . we actually intend 2 make our main man, biggest boy on the bridge, our new paddy 4 jungle Prof. Avram Grant look good; so we're just g'onna beat y'all a meagre 2-0 and allow y'all play some BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL Footie; kind'a footie that your FISH BRAINED, BARACUDDA LIPPED, EMPTY BARREL of a CRUSH could never make Chelsea play grin wink grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hugoboi(m): 4:59pm On Sep 20, 2007
RuuDie!! U r the man!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 5:29pm On Sep 20, 2007
@Banderas
meen, u guys played some fantastic futbol nowadays o, but United will still beat you to it.
Great footie coming from you peeps yesterday.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Banderas(m): 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2007
TKB, we'll see.

Remember, Arsenal has pipped man U to the title more than once,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 6:59pm On Sep 20, 2007
Arsenal not for the title

United gat firepowers coming
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2007
@ 9ja4eva,

It wont be as easy as that. . . . . .

Chelsea is still a force.
They can still WIN the Premiership.
Liverpool and Arsenal are not too far behind as well . . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tng(f): 12:57pm On Sep 21, 2007
Chelsea is still a force.
They can still WIN the Premiership

I REALLY want to believe that.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2007
@ tng,

Whats up with u?
You just seem to disappear . . . . . .Whats been up?
I have a feeling Mourinho's exit can SPUR Chelsea ON to be more ruthless and gear em up to fight for the title.
Besides, anutha astute manager in the likes of Hiddink, Del Bosque, Capello and Hitzfeld can take Chelsea higher than Jose.
Keep y'all heads up.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 4:43pm On Sep 21, 2007
Believe me Chelsea will battle come Sunday. . . . . . A lot of JM's pets will w'anna do it for him and i'm sure a no. of em will have JM branded Tees under their jerseys just in case they score grin but they're playing a against the wrong team, in the wrong place, at the wrong time. . . . the best they can get out of this is a draw; i've got this feeling that Tevez is finally gonn'a break his duck!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 5:23pm On Sep 21, 2007
The Lip was by far the most colourful character in the EPL in the last few seasons and it's a pity he's gone. He is without doubt their most successful manager of all time and maybe for a long time to come(forever) I wish him well .

2 things can happen to Chelsea. . .they either implode or explode.

Come Sunday though they'd be extremely (de?)motivated and anything can happen.Both sides badly need the win .My guess? I think we'll win.

WAN UNITED  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 5:38pm On Sep 21, 2007
manu4laif:

Come Sunday though they'd be extremely (de?)motivated and anything can happen.Both sides badly need the win .My guess? I think we'll win.
WAN UNITED  grin

They had a change of manager once,I believe it was Vialli that was sacked,just before a game at Old Trafford.United were much stronger then and Chelski much weaker-they held us to a 3-3 draw.

They have an excellent record at OT so I don't expect them to lose easily.We may see the same thing now.The key thing is how Chelski players respond to Jose's ouster.I got the impression that they were fiercely loyal to him.If that is the case,then it could work against them in the fixture especially since Grant was one of Jose's "enemies".
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2007
@I-man,
I think this opposition(us that is ) is coming too soon after the Lip's departure and they would really need a lot of motivation to even play their usual game. Meanwhile we ain't doing too badly now. I just think we have less things to distract us now and have the added motivation of slowly nicking in results in our last few games.

WAN UNITED grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2007
Chelsea have this habit of sacking successful managers, Vialli was sacked just after winning the FA cup just like Jose did, and incidentally, the MU-Chelsea game that year (2000) was also on 23, September as this year's fixture will be.

I want to hear what Terry, Fat Lamps and Didier will say, their comments/attitudes will go a long way to determining how well/badly this Chelsea side play in the coming weeks and months.

another 3-3 spectacle would do just nicely, while we surreptitiously beat Derby and build a bigger lead at the top wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 7:35pm On Sep 21, 2007
@debosky
I really hope they dig deep and come up with a result i dont care if its 100-100 all i want is a draw
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2007
@debo,
if we draw then you guys will lose to derby. Ojoro cancelled grin tongue

WAN UNITED grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2007
manu4laif:

@debo,
if we draw then you guys will lose to derby. Ojoro cancelled grin tongue
WAN UNITED grin grin grin

Even if we give them a 10 point headstart,we go still catch up with them. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2007
@ Debosky,

Forget about building the lead on top at the expense of Man Utd and Chelsea.
Everyone will still play in head to head games . . . . In other words, its still early days and the outcome of the match on sunday means shit.
I just hate the fact that build up to the encounter has been watered down by Jose's exit.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2007
@ I-man,

MAN UTD 3-0 CHELSEA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.