Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,247 members, 7,891,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:29 AM

Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? (2291 Views)

Solomon Akiyesi Finally Remarries In Peace (photos From His New Wedding) / Cossy Orjiakor's Friend Rests On Her Boobies (Photo) / Bode George's Model Son, Yinka, Shares New Hot Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by Mustay(m): 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2008
Official Family Statement
September 23rd, 2008

It is with a heavy heart, and joy at God’s perfect will that I announce the passing on to Glory of my father, teacher, mentor and friend, Mr. Olayinka Babasanya Craig, who went to be with the Lord at 6.00am this morning at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.

He was a pioneer radio and television broadcaster, sports journalist extraordinaire and a national icon.

He is survived by his wife, Dr. Kehinde Craig, his sons, Mr. Olayinka Craig and Dr. Olamide Craig and his “one and only” Miss Temilola Craig.

Dr. David Olamide Craig
for and on behalf of the family

Thank You!!!

I would like to, on behalf of the Yinka Craig family, extend our heartfelt thanks to everyone who called in and sent text messages. Your kind words of encouragement are truly appreciated and ever prayer said, whether whispered in quiet supplication or shouted on city rooftops has gone a long way in strengthening us as a family and most especially causing a turn around in our Father’s health.

Also I would like to say a big thank you to those who have contributed financially towards the Stem Cell transplant treatment that he is scheduled to have in the U.S. Please be aware that we do not take your kindness for granted and know that we are truly touched and greatly blessed by your generosity. We could not have made it this far without you!

Once again, thank you all very much and may God bless you richly, Amen!
Dr. David Olamide Craig

PS: I need more confirmation
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by larayat(f): 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2008
may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.n i pray GOD in his mercy help his wife n children through dis period.YINKA u shall be greatly missed.kulallahu for the departed.
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by mohawkchic(f): 6:50pm On Sep 23, 2008
~Amen ~
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by showbobo(m): 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2008
Shooooo. . .Eni ire lo cry cry cry cry
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by donpapa(m): 8:21pm On Sep 23, 2008
May his gentle, meek soul rest in the bossom of our almighty lord. What a great loss to the nation!

Adieu Yinka Craig ! ! !
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by kadman(m): 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2008
Yes O. It's confirmed. I got that same message from his support group on facebook.com. It's a very sad day !
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by Angeleyz(f): 8:36pm On Sep 23, 2008
aww sad. i remember this man. He had a face that you say '' genuine'' R.I.P
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by Raymond88(m): 12:09am On Sep 24, 2008
No fucking way!! sad
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 24, 2008
For real Raymond

Its so so sad
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by shilling(f): 10:48am On Sep 24, 2008
I'll really miss him. RIP Yinka Craig. sad
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by spikedcylinder: 11:41am On Sep 24, 2008
Awwww. This is so sad sad

May he rest peacefully. sad sad sad
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by vanni(f): 4:48pm On Sep 24, 2008
Yinka Craig is Dead? what?
This is so sad especia;;as i knew him and i am also in minnesota
I cant believe this?

Yimka ia dead, pls tell me was he ill ?
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by tayosavage(f): 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2008
its rely a pity that we keep loosig our rare gems every now and then but i pray that his gently soul will rest in peace.we love you but God luvs you best.wel i'm goimg to miss his face on AM express.
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by annab(f): 8:54pm On Sep 24, 2008
may his soul rest in peace
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by babylahot(f): 5:36am On Sep 25, 2008
o my GOd,,,, may his beautiful soul rest in peace cry
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by carmelily: 9:20am On Sep 25, 2008
The news of Craig's death and Sonny Okosuns' have been very difficult to bear. These are people we grew up watching on TV and somehow they represented a measure of stability on a certain level. Craig's youthfulness and professionalism were also remarkable. May God strengthen his family at this time. Amen.
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by Livvvvy(f): 9:28am On Sep 25, 2008
My heart is heavy.
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by Ifeniyi22(m): 10:57am On Sep 25, 2008
Very sad cry
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by onyxgirl(f): 11:53am On Sep 25, 2008
its unfortunate, on behalf of myself and family accept our condolence
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by mafolayomi(f): 12:23pm On Sep 25, 2008
with a very heavy herat, RIP
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by mafolayomi(f): 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2008
with a very heavy heart, RIP
Re: Yinka Craig Rests In Peace? by newdeal(m): 2:52pm On Sep 25, 2008
He was one of my favourite anchors on the tube!
farewell

(1) (Reply)

Ik Osakioduwa Hosts Bigbrother Africa For The Third Time / Nigeria's Bigbrother Amplified Winner Karen Igho Back Home / New Levels For Genevieve Nanji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.