Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,281 members, 7,884,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:23 AM

Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl (3527 Views)

Pastor Marries Corpse Of Church Member He Impregnated In Akwa Ibom / Sex-starved Wife Secures Divorce As Court Dissolves 14-yr-old Marriage / 14-yr-old Girl Delivers Triplets For Her 16-yr-old Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by DeepZone: 6:45am On Sep 24, 2008

Pastor Marries School Girl

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - By Lois Okereke

Head pastor of the Glory of God and Miracle Church, Pastor Emmanuel Chisaokwu Michael, has wedded a school girl, Juliet Uzoamaka Uzoeghelu, in his church.

Despite the disapproval of neighbours and friends, the couple went ahead to sign the dotted lines in front of family members and the congregation in the church, located at 1, Alabi Williams Crescent, Olusesi Bus Stop, Agbado Road.

During the wedding, the pastor gave orders that no one, except the photographer he contracted, must take photographs. When our reporter tried to take a photograph of the couple with his camera phone, he was bundled out of the hall and locked up in a room.

The River state born pastor showed up a few minutes later, collected his phone and demanded that all the photographs be deleted, after which he was allowed back into the hall.

The pastor later gave orders that the reporter should be monitored so that he does not take any more photographs.

Another reporter, who sought the reaction of close neighbours of the church on the same day, found out that most of them were against the marriage, as they stood outside the church, insulting those in attendance.

One of the neighbours, who pleaded anonymity, condemned the pastor, saying that he should be arrested for marrying an underage school girl.

“I have known this girl even before her father died. She is too young to get married. I can tell you categorically that she isn’t more than 14 years of age. This pastor should be arrested for destroying this girl’s life,” he said.

“You can see for yourself how everyone is abusing him and people attending the wedding. I am sure God will never forgive this so-called pastor,” he added.

Another neighbour told P.M.News that the pastor and the bride’s stepmother should be made to face the law.

P.M.News investigations revealed that Juliet (the bride) and two of her siblings, whose parents are deceased, had been living with their stepmother since the demise of their father.

P.M.News also learnt that Juliet, who ought to be in SS 2, was a scholarship student at Rehoboth Secondary School before she dropped out because of the marriage.

Sources close to the Uzoeghelu family told P.M.News that most of them were shocked when the news of Juliet’s wedding was broken to them

“I was shocked when her stepmother told me she was getting married because my own daughter is actually a year older than Juliet is. The girl is an intelligent girl who should be allowed to, at least, finish her secondary school education. She is too young for the responsibility of marriage,” a neighbour said.

[size=16pt]“I am sure her stepmother must have allowed this marriage to avoid the shame of an unwanted pregnancy,” she added. It was, however, rumoured that Juliet may be pregnant, which explains the early marriage.[/size]

When P.M.News spoke with Pastor Emmanuel, he debunked the rumour, stating that to prove it wasn’t the reason for the marriage, his wife had been taken to the hospital to confirm that she wasn’t pregnant.

The pastor also refused to declare his wife’s age, saying ”age is a thing of the mind.”

According to him, “no one is greater than the Lord Jesus Christ. If he and other great men in the Bible were persecuted, who am I? People can only talk about great people and not nonentities. Age is a thing of the mind and it is nobody’s business who I chose to marry.”

He stated that he had never promised anyone marriage but his wife and did not see any reason why people should complain.

Offering an explanation for the rush, he totally disagreed that she is too young. “I have known her since September 2007 and I believe she is matured enough for marriage. This marriage is one ordained by God,” he said.

Juliet’s stepmother also said it is nobody’s business who or when her stepdaughter chooses to marry.
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by DeepZone: 6:47am On Sep 24, 2008
Wonders happen in Nigeria everyday. This pastor is a paedophile.
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by Akinagirl(f): 7:34am On Sep 24, 2008
Very much so. He could have at least waited until she finished her education and turned 18!
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by MP007(m): 7:49am On Sep 24, 2008
14yr old? what was the reaction of the congregation?
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 24, 2008
He has the guts to quote "Age is a thing of the mind", a 14yr 0ld? What nonsense!!! Mad people are often talked about, should we say they are great? He must be crazy. Can the police-- JAIL THE PASTOR AND THE STEPMOM!!!
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by plappville(f): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2008
What a shameful act, are u sure he is a pastor or is the girl really 14yrs of age this can't happened in the europe the highest u will hear is that she is pregnant but not to get married at 14, the marriage is not God asigned one, the pastor is a dam fake pastor let him go and confess to God for forgiveness.
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by hommer(f): 7:08pm On Sep 24, 2008
na wao honestly, am pretty sure must have pushed the pastor to get married that quickly.Maybe the girl is pregnant and he dosent want people to notice it b4 its too late.This is unfair.The girl is too young to get married and besides,how canl she handle marital pressures
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by DeepZone: 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2008
What a shameful act, are You sure he is a pastor or is the girl really 14yrs of age??? this can't happened in the europe the highest You will hear is that she is pregnant but not to get married at 14, the marriage is not God asigned one, the pastor is a dam fake pastor let him go and confess to God for forgiveness.

I think the girl may be less than 14.
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by DeepZone: 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2008
He has the guts to quote "Age is a thing of the mind", a 14yr 0ld? What nonsense!!! Mad people are often talked about, should we say they are great? He must be crazy. Can the police-- JAIL THE PASTOR AND THE STEPMOM!!!
The police will do nothing because I think the legal marriage age in Nigeria is 12 and they do it everyday in the north. That's why the north has a high rate of VVF.
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by plappville(f): 9:08pm On Sep 24, 2008
The police will do nothing because I think the legal marriage age in Nigeria is 12 and they do it everyday in the north. That's why the north has a high rate of VVF.
OMG, this is unfair, what does a teenager know about marital ?? even adults couples finds it pretty difficult to cope how much more an (ado) i bet u the man will do everything to keep this marriage but it's not gonna be easy for him. becos the girl is not matured enough to handle things.
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2008
Somehow, I think this thread should have been in the crime section
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by DeepZone: 10:28pm On Sep 24, 2008
Somehow, I think this thread should have been in the crime section

Did the pastor commit any crime?
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2008
Oh yea, I forgot. In Nigeria, a 14 yr old is not considered underage
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by benincitys(f): 1:44am On Sep 25, 2008
maybe this girl is more than 14 who knows?
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by DeepZone: 2:07am On Sep 25, 2008
maybe this girl is more than 14 who knows?
and the pastor may be more than 35 who knows. What is he doing with a girl of questionable age?
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 25, 2008
And to think my mum was crying on my wedding day that I am too young to get married shocked shocked shocked shocked
bollocks
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by JustGood(m): 10:31am On Sep 25, 2008
Crazy pervert
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by Ihuoma85(f): 9:42pm On Sep 25, 2008
Poor child.

I blame it on the stepmum. Maybe she just wants to get rid of the child, since it is not hers biologically.
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by ashleign: 3:21am On Oct 07, 2008
Peadophile
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by Livvvvy(f): 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2008
I dont know why people use the name of God to perpetrate evil act.

If that girl was that pastor's daughter or sister, will he allow her to drop out of school to get married?

If the pastor's doesnt have any evil intention and agenda, why doesnt he want to make his marriage public, what's the big deal.

What does he mean that age is a thing of the mind, why is he not allowing the girl to say that for her self.

This man of god sucks, I pity his members and what he is preaching to them.
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by damiso(f): 1:35pm On Oct 15, 2008
paedophilia is not really a crime in nigeria but sincerely this[i] pastor[/i] is shameless.na real wa i can't even imagine my 18 yr old sista coping with marriage.Later when the girl open eye and sees the youth that she has lost they will start quoting bible that she is not submissive.i think every female should be given the liberty to experience the carefree life of being young and single at least up to 21 before marriage coes on the card.(even though i know my dad would have an apoplexy if i told was getiing married at 21.even tho i don graduate my papa still dey fume at boyfriend).
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by JustGood(m): 4:18pm On Oct 15, 2008
damiso:

paedophilia is not really a crime in nigeria but sincerely this[i] pastor[/i] is shameless.na real wa i can't even imagine my 18 yr old sista coping with marriage.Later when the girl open eye and sees the youth that she has lost they will start quoting bible that she is not submissive.i think every female should be given the liberty to experience the carefree life of being young and single at least up to 21 before marriage coes on the card.(even though i know my dad would have an apoplexy if i told was getiing married at 21.even tho i don graduate my papa still dey fume at boyfriend).

who talk so? show me any man wey dey play with small pikin body make you sabi whether no be offence
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by plusQueen: 4:22pm On Oct 15, 2008
IT's true the legal marriage age in that our sorry nation is around 13 or so.
But of course most educated girls marry in their twenties and village girls perhaps around 17 or 18.
In Northern Nigeria it's around 6 years old
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 15, 2008
I thought we have a minister for women affairs? undecided What is she doing?
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by plusQueen: 4:36pm On Oct 15, 2008
who knows?
the official civil age is 18 (I mispoke) but customary laws and shariah can also do whatever they want outside of the civil laws.
Nigeria is just a messed up place.
How can a man who calls himself a pastor marry a 14 year old teenager?
are there no grown women in his town?
he needs to be castrated.
Idiot!
A report by the Nigerian organization BAOBAB for Women's Human Rights (BAOBAB), entitled Women's Access to Justice and Personal Security in Nigeria: A Synthesis Report states that young girls are "frequently" married to "much" older men because customary laws permit marriage by the time they reach puberty, which is considered to be 12 years of age for girls (2002, cool. The report also notes that there is no minimum age for marriage under Muslim law (BAOBAB 2002, cool. However, in the predominately Muslim states of northern Nigeria, the Penal Code stipulates that children under the age of 14 cannot consent to sexual acts, while in the south, sexual intercourse with a girl under the age of 13 is a crime (ibid.). The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) claims that in the northern state of Kebbi, the average age of marriage for girls is approximately 11 years (2001, 4).

In eastern Nigeria, statutory law sets 16 years as the minimum age for marriage, and the punishment for marrying girls that are younger is a fine or six months imprisonment (BAOBAB 2002, 14). The BAOBAB report also notes that under statutory law parental consent for marriage is required for individuals under the age of 21 (ibid., cool.

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/research/rir/?action=record.viewrec&gotorec=434088
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by AmakaOne(f): 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2008
Good heavens!!

Are pedophilia and statutory rape not crimes in Nigeria?

That man should be ashamed of himself.

angry
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by JJYOU: 4:48pm On Oct 15, 2008
Lord have mercy. this man is a he goat. nawao nigerians and sex. most primary school kids these days are sexually active in naija
plus_Queen:

who knows?
the official civil age is 18 (I mispoke) but customary laws and shariah can also do whatever they want outside of the civil laws.
Nigeria is just a messed up place.
How can a man who calls himself a pastor marry a 14 year old teenager?
are there no grown women in his town?
he needs to be castrated.
Idiot!

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/research/rir/?action=record.viewrec&gotorec=434088
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by manmustwac(m): 6:09pm On Oct 15, 2008
The pastor impregnated a 14 year old girl. Which means he's been nacking under aged girls long time before he impregnated her. He just get taste for young girls and doen't care about morals which is what he preaches.
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by KarmaMod(f): 6:15pm On Oct 15, 2008
hehehhe  cheesy

These are the people you guys are giving tithes to, to the point of fighting about it

Lmao  grin
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by KarmaMod(f): 6:17pm On Oct 15, 2008
I thought we have a minister for women affairs? Undecided What is she doing?

Too busy organizing seminars banning "female trousers"
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by Shinatu: 8:27am On Oct 17, 2008
Na wa o! we are always ready to tear Nigeria apart for all evils.
It does not only happen in Nigeria, I saw something on Larry king live once (this year)about the leader of a religious movement in the U.S who married a 12 year old or something
Re: Pastor Marries A 14 Yr Old Girl by abujabooks(f): 9:55pm On Nov 04, 2008
D pastor is not a man of God but belongs to d devil.

A paedophile [a man who likes to sleep with young children] who shd be locked up!

Any police officers in d house.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will You Allow Your Male Child Play With A Doll? / My Story – My Girlfriend Donated A Kidney To Me, But I Don’t Love Her Anymore – / How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.