Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,093 members, 7,939,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:36 AM

House Beware Of Raila Odinga Virus - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / House Beware Of Raila Odinga Virus (15111 Views)

How Do I Remove Raila Odinga Virus / Raila Odinga Anti-virus / Raila Odinga.gif (a Virus?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Beware Of Raila Odinga Virus by RuuDie(m): 12:54am On Oct 19, 2008
Encouraging responses but its all a little bamboozling. . . .

tried the msconfig solution proferred here but can't seem to find the Raila thingy anywhere on the checked lists there.

I've got AVIRA on the affected system but it don't seem to be able to detect it. . . . pls can any1 proffer a solution thats been certified, tested and proven to have worked 4 em
Re: House Beware Of Raila Odinga Virus by Iyomike(m): 3:51pm On Oct 23, 2008
FOR ALL THE GUYS WITH RAILA ODINGA INFECTIONS ON THERE PCS

DOWNLOAD THE PATCH BELOW, RESTART COMPUTER IN SAFE MODE, RUN PATCH.
VOILA PROBLEM SOLVED !

http://deeload.com/yttsa70zr9rv/ROPatch.rar.htm

DONT KNOW HOW TO BOOT TO SAFE MODE- USE THESE LINKS

http://www.speedsync.com/support/kb/article.asp?ID=102

http://antivirus.about.com/od/securitytips/ht/safemode.htm

IT TOOK ME MONEY AND TIME TO GET THIS PATCH. SO IF IT WORKS FOR YOU JUST LOG IN AND SAY THANKS.

MM
Re: House Beware Of Raila Odinga Virus by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2008
OKies, am going on to try the PATCH , Thanks for it it works Bro.

BRB
Re: House Beware Of Raila Odinga Virus by AKO1(m): 10:24pm On Dec 18, 2008
@tunday2, continuing from your thread,

1. Download the [url=http://Raila Odinga Virus Fix]http://uploading.com/files/MUVUSVDS/ROPatch.rar.html[/url]. save it on your desktop for easy access.

2. Restart your computer in safe mode. You can see how to do that here if you don't already know. I'd advise you use the 'System Configuration Tool Method'.

3. In safe mode, run the patch and follow its instructions. After some time, it may look as if the app is not responding. Don't worry just leave it.

4. After like 2 minutes, end the program with task manager if it is still unresponsive and then restart your computer.

5. If it is still there, try again, if not, good for you! I've used this patch successfully on two systems in my office.
Re: House Beware Of Raila Odinga Virus by Dawgzfada(m): 4:55pm On Dec 20, 2008
The Thing is d guys Alien name/ID/Nick/Real Name is Ahsan, D best thing is jst to format ur system. This virus gets into a PC mostly from PHONES nd Flash drives. Like me i jst pluggd ma fone to an infected system not knowin witot even openin, d next thn i knew was dat lyk 6 new files av been added, Files like Raila Odinga.doc, Home Video.avi. Smss.exe. D thing is d worm modifies ur Autorun.inf. Immediately u insert witot openin, it enters. I had d latest updated Norton 2008 installed on ma PC but it still didnt stop it. Afta avin d virus, i tried runnin a scan all to no avail. D scan started but stopd abruptly, Nyways, Koko is dat i formattd d system, BUT AVAST IS A GOOD ONE COZ IT REMOVED D WHOLE THING FROM MY PHONE!!
Re: House Beware Of Raila Odinga Virus by hadjigba(m): 3:44pm On May 27, 2009
wonder how some people with little or no knowledge at all, want to make money from this Raila stuff. If you have money to spend and time to waste, then go to them - particularly the 'stronghold' guy who posted that lengthy comment. I applied to them sometime ago for solution to ahsan virus that infiltrated my company's network, but surprisingly, I read on their site days later that I was one of their satisfied customers who had been relieved of the Ahsan virus problem.
I think it's much easier to download the raila fix patch either from either from www.net-studio.org or from www.cybernetiks..com and follow the instructions. The virus disables your AV and makes it redundant, a repair of your OS is useless. Most Anti virus Softwares don't detect it. Try the patch yourself, don't pay anyone any money. That's the way to learn.
Together we can build a nation of Computer gurus.

Cheers.
Re: House Beware Of Raila Odinga Virus by blackweaver(m): 8:08pm On May 29, 2009
funny thing trying to remove a stubborn virus in normal mode
there should be some antivirus that can run in safe mode; you're more
likely to clean your pc of viruses if you try to remove them in safe mode.
for the person who talked about disabling autoplay i totally agree with
you; in fact on my windows system one of the first things i do is to disable
autoplay on all drives - find it annoying, slows down my system.
i also make all files visible (pls if you don't know what you are doing don't try the last part
and i won't tell you how to do that either) but for those who are familiar, i find out that
it makes identifying viruses easier for me. My pc seldom gets infected
Re: House Beware Of Raila Odinga Virus by Teeq80(m): 11:15pm On May 29, 2009
HOW TO REMOVE RAILA ODINGA VIRUS IN 2 MINUTES

How to remove raila odinga virus is a very easy process. Firstly, Raila odinga is a worm that attacks Microsoft word files, but it looks like a JPG file and mostly found on the desktop.
Raila odinga has some common characteristics

1. If you delete the picture file it will delete and return to where it where.
2. It runs from the driver folder in system 32 folder
3. it auto runs at system startup
4. It makes the computer boot slowly
5. It makes your computer to hang.
6. It creates new folder.exe folders in your computer

How to remove raila odinga virus, open my computer, double click drive C: open WINDOWS folder, double click on system 32 folder, open driver folder,

locate the word file in the folder, note the name. Right click on the task bar, open task manager, click on the process tab locate the name of the word file you saw in the drive folder, right click on the name of the file, click end process, to terminate the running process
Open the driver folder of system 32 where the file is, delete all the ms word files on that folder, then close the folder locate the raila odinga picture file usually on the desktop or somewhere in your computer, delete the picture file. Please do not double click on the picture file only delete it, finally empty your recycle bin and restart your computer. That way odinga is off your machine.
Re: House Beware Of Raila Odinga Virus by blackweaver(m): 1:11pm On May 30, 2009
one other thing, in folder options, i usually uncheck "hide extensions for known file types" do i can
see the full file extension. that way i'm less likely to click on a virus posing as a word document or
picture
Re: House Beware Of Raila Odinga Virus by colgy05: 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2009
Re: House Beware Of Raila Odinga Virus by gbconcepts: 7:23pm On Sep 19, 2009
It's quite simple.
Checkout a post here, takes less than 60 seconds to remove it without any anti-virus.
http://www.gbconcepts.net/blog/?p=7
Re: House Beware Of Raila Odinga Virus by skiduski(m): 3:05am On Sep 24, 2009
story too much for this ralia odinga virus, to remove it is simple,
It infected the server of my cafe and my engineer said we have to format and i said no, what i simply did was install ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 and scanned my system and that was the end of odinga. u don't even need to update the eset antivirus , just install and run it .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Install Adobe Cs6 Master Collection? / 11 Smartphone Apps That Can Help You Make Money / How To Use Your Memory Card As A Ram For Your Pc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.