Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,157 members, 7,949,971 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:39 AM

Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! (2498 Views)

What Are The 5 Hottest Songs On Your Playlist? / New List Of Songs Banned By NBC - Includes Olamide's Shakitibobo / Tonto Dike To Release Controversial Songs On October 17, 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by tosinadeda: 2:20pm On Sep 24, 2008
Now this is what i call National disgrace cry :'
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2935397

wondering y this topic is here? but really am beginning to think its because of the kind of songs we sing in nigeria, that this whole scamming issue has gone this far!!!!!!!!
that video says it all!!!!! for once, i must admit am sad to be a nigerian! cry cry

its bad enuf to scam the so called maga's white men but when u sing it and glorify it, it becomes a slap on the faces of this white people!!! i really think songs glorifying scamming should be banned
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by showbobo(m): 3:18pm On Sep 24, 2008
Songs about Fraud/scam depicts us in a bad way to the world.It makes me wonder how Unscrupulous the singers are . . . . . angry angry angry
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by lalaboi(m): 3:27pm On Sep 24, 2008
i agree on this one!!

its really getting too much. these songs are acting as an inspiration to the young ones! they are all gettn involved in it!

i wonder what d board that pass these songs are doing! if they can ban songs like kerewa! wich does less harm to the community! why not the scamming songs?
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by javalove(m): 5:57pm On Sep 24, 2008
tosin !!!!!!!!!!!! u are a coward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-119140.0.html

Remeber when i started this topic way back? Remember all the backings u gave them. Just go through ur posts and cry!!!!!!!!

You dey vex me walahi. i v never been this angry at u but meeeen u be real coward!!!!
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by AfrknKngs(m): 6:10pm On Sep 24, 2008
wooooooooow,  fuh real grin

Exact words from Tosin: "i do not support fraud or scamming,but i do not condemn those who do it, because they have no choice"

~We Are AKS~

Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by chessguru(m): 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2008
@ post
  , i clik clik i make cash i drop hits they run mad, maga n sonwo  eke oni gba-lord of ajasa
  Olu maintain started or popularised it, i deg leave them, singing about Killing is worse, like them Hard core rappers do encouraging drugs and violence, 9ice sang ganja man too sha, all join!!
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by showbobo(m): 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2008
chessguru:

@ post
, i clik clik i make cash i drop hits they run mad, maga n sonwo eke oni gba-loar of ajasa
Olu maintain started or popularised it, i deg leave them, singing about Killing is worse, like them Hard core rappers do encouraging drugs and violence, 9ice sang ganja man too sha, all join!!
Its not as detrimental to their status the way it is here. . . . Try this. . . Walk up to a foreign investor and ask how he feels about doing business with a Nigerian
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by woodboi(m): 10:44pm On Sep 24, 2008
i don't support them either but they don't really care about what they are passing or the name they are giving the country, but what do will have to say about likes of kenny and D1 supporting em all in the name of business.
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by skfa1: 1:12am On Sep 25, 2008
Hehe I just laff sha.

Well I dont support it but trust me if white man eat your money with style it is then you will know something.
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by eldee(m): 8:28am On Sep 25, 2008
I know scamming is really painting Nigeria's image black, but we have to remember that what we have is a democracy.
We cannot say we'll ban these songs 'cus we don't share their point of view.

Afterall, there's no proof whatsoever that they're actually doing the scamming itself.
It's called the freedom of expression. And yeah, it's as powerful as the right to vote.
It's just like saying gangsta rap should be banned in the US . . . imagine the world without hiphop!!!

Banning it is just time wasted as the real 419ers are just in their room with the dialup connection and email extractor software . . . scamming away.

And let me not forget to appreciate ABC's perfect investigation into the whole thing
C'mon, we have to admit that this is more realistic that the rubbish we saw on Oprah . . . one idiot staying there saying all Nigerians are scammers.
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by abdurrazaq(m): 9:07am On Sep 25, 2008
I still wonder about the criteria that are being used in determining songs to be banned undecided
Konga was banned because of baby konga (I don't like the song anyway) but, tongolo was spared. Kerewa by Zule Zoo was also banned. The surprising thing is that all these songs have practically similar meaning.
D'banj escaped with his MO BO LOWO WON tracks, Olu Maintain made 'good' name or himself with YAHOOZE now, Kelly hansome with MAGA DON PAY. Almost every Nigerian Artistes are now one way or the other supporting/participating in scamming. NAIJA BOYS, ESA LO BADE and some other more are all dragging Nigeria name to the mud sad
Sorry, I can't just avoid mentioning names
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by AfrknKngs(m): 10:49am On Sep 25, 2008
Well I'll say we shud take it easy, what bout dem nuccas hurr, They be rappin bout dope drugs n shit and shootin niggas n shit yet, we promote that!!! Aint no1 bitching bout that tho!!! So if naija deh rap bout scam, (Which is one of da things Naija does best), we shud rap bout it, shuu, deh making money out of it, So Fukk it! Yah Digg

~We Are AKS~

Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by javalove(m): 10:56am On Sep 25, 2008
AfrknKngs:

Well I'll say we should take it easy,  what bout them nuccas hurr,  They be rappin bout dope drugs n shit and shootin niggas n shit yet, we promote that!!! Aint no1 bitching bout that tho!!! So if naija deh rap bout scam,  (Which is one of da things Naija does best), we should rap bout it,  shuu,  deh making money out of it,  So Fukk it! Yah Digg

~We Are AKS~

I dont give a hoof about them. Even when they sing all that, they dont get blacklisted in countries, they enter panes without being harrased or thrown out of planes, we even invite them (stupid we) to perform in our own countries!!!!

Nigerians are not Americans and the ways we are treated are different. Lets not copy blindly abeg!!!!!
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by osasp(m): 11:44am On Sep 25, 2008
its really annoying the way these Americans portray us Nigerians like everyone here has a hidden agenda or something, i felt gutted at the way the idiot described Lagos towards the end of the film, any body would b scared to deal with a Nigerian after watching that.

don't get me wrong, i don't condone this in anyway but there's two sides to a coin

you would have to be really greedy to fall prey to something like this

we all have these thoughts of 'hitting' gold at a point in our lives and becoming comfortable but do you really think you can sit down in your house and money would just come that easily into your hands?

i get these emails everyday too and not just from Nigeria, even us Nigerians know how we scam ourselves but only d
'mugus' will fall prey. . .all the same, i don't support scamming in anyway and yes i think songs that promote it should be banned
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by tosinadeda: 12:58pm On Sep 25, 2008
Java i no get ur time!
I get project do!
If ur rantings make u happy,suit urself
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by skfa1: 5:25pm On Sep 25, 2008
@ java

Just take it easy on the guy now, kilode.

Easy man angry .
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by chidipupay(m): 6:10pm On Sep 25, 2008
come to think of it, Must we always take the shit white men give to us? They paint us black, devil is black, snoker last ball is black, black sheep, in game of chess the white starts first. Meanwhile they are the ones that thought us what we ae doing. They started slave trade and it became a legal business. Colonialization also was legalized, SCAM, they thought us, Please can anybody here tell me the world scam in his nigerian dilect? Now we suffer from the worst it of all NEO-COLONIALIZATION, and we are here judging ourselves, as for me let everybody do he or she feels is good. Who am i to judge, if they make their pay from singing those songs, they should go ahead, Naija man must survive
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by Blackwax: 6:26pm On Sep 25, 2008
I agree. They ought to ban music promoting yahooze. My cousin works for the national broadcasting commission in Abuja (Radio Station Regulators). I have just sent her the link as she told me they are getting stricter on the kind and conts of songs played on radio. Hopefully it will galvanise them into banning such songs
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by Shaz(f): 6:33pm On Sep 25, 2008
Sure thang. Yahoozee and them other songs should be banned. But that still doesn't erase your names from the Black book and with the way parties go on here, the ban is ineffective. People have it on their phones, e.t.c. even if you ban those songs in Nigeria, do you think other countries would bother?

All I can say is that new 'fraud' songs should be banned. For Yahoozee and 'em, it's too late to cry when the head is off.
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by LASIEFAIRE(m): 6:38pm On Sep 25, 2008
It's really a shame on Nigeria as a country and Nigerians.
Funny thing is, the scammers are not known by name but by their Nationality and the origin of the scam. Hence this affects Nigerians as a whole
This terrible news will always have a negative impact on people that see it. (Thanks also to ABC, who seemed to focus on Nigeria as a fraudulent nation rather than fraud worldwide. To me the report made Fraudulent activities a monopoly owned by Nigeria.)
Same report that has led to the bias view of blacks, is still in use.

Although the report highly generalised, the information provided in it are true.
It highlighted the impact the scammers have on the Nigerian population, it noted that many Nigerians celebrate scammers (those that don't celebrate condone it,) showing Tafa Balogun and the scammers in the cafe proves that it exist on all levels.

It is left to every straight thinking Nigerian to correct this generalized perceptions. Obey the laws, desist from engaging in fraudulent activities, and as important as others, do not condone fraudulent activities.  

@ Osasp
I feel you on how he described Lagos. The report provided undeniable information, but I felt it was bias.

eldee:

I know scamming is really painting Nigeria's image black, but we have to remember that what we have is a democracy.
We cannot say we'll ban these songs 'cus we don't share their point of view.

It's called the freedom of expression. And yeah, it's as powerful as the right to vote.
It's just like saying gangsta rap should be banned in the US . . . imagine the world without hiphop!!!

Every right we enjoy has it limits. Freedom to vote is limited by age and criminal record. Freedom of expression is also limited in event someone expresses his/herself in such a way that it creates a false perception of a country, business or individual (Slander, Defamation, false light), or its causes abuse, or perceive to create violence, such individuals freedom can be limited.
Furthermore, that is why the censorship board was created, for issues like this.

No one is saying ban a genre. Also many Gangster rap songs never make it to the main stream because they are cut.
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by joshjosh(m): 7:02pm On Sep 25, 2008
truth is that there are evil and ugly people in our midst.
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by Blackwax: 8:34pm On Sep 25, 2008
@ Shaz

When I say Yahooze, I meant the act of 419 over the web otherwise known as Yahooze or Yahoo. That is where the song phrase was coined from.

Banning these songs whether other countries follow suit or not is certainly a step in the right direction. Its a start at least.
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by eldee(m): 12:29am On Sep 26, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

Every right we enjoy has it limits. Freedom to vote is limited by age and criminal record. Freedom of expression is also limited in event someone expresses his/herself in such a way that it creates a false perception of a country, business or individual (Slander, Defamation, false light), or its causes abuse, or perceive to create violence, such individuals freedom can be limited.
Furthermore, that is why the censorship board was created, for issues like this.

No one is saying ban a genre. Also many Gangster rap songs never make it to the main stream because they are cut.

Now you see where you're getting it wrong
Slander is 'All Nigerians are scammers', freedom of speech is 'Maga don pay' or 'Omo if I hammer, first thing na hummer'
These guys are just taking advantage of the situation in the country . . . and is that not what the music business is all about??

The simple thing is . . . instead of attacking musicians that are taking advantage of the crime . . . why not attack the crime itself??

And you said gangsta music is banned?? nah . . . sum words are censored cus of their directness, every song has a chance to top the charts in the US
Hence the term 'radio friendly'
Go try out songs from Rick Ross . . . why's G-Unit still on MTV?? . . . or is 'Wanksta' not bad for the image of the US??
But there's a right to speech . . . c'mon it's the 21st century, the problem begins when he says sumn bout the contry itself or other pple
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by javalove(m): 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2008
eldee:

Now you see where you're getting it wrong
Slander is 'All Nigerians are scammers', freedom of speech is 'Maga don pay' or 'Omo if I hammer, first thing na hummer'
These guys are just taking advantage of the situation in the country . . . and is that not what the music business is all about??

The simple thing is . . . instead of attacking musicians that are taking advantage of the crime . . . why not attack the crime itself??

And you said gangsta music is banned?? nah . . . sum words are censored cus of their directness, every song has a chance to top the charts in the US
Hence the term 'radio friendly'
Go try out songs from Rick Ross . . . why's G-Unit still on MTV?? . . . or is 'Wanksta' not bad for the image of the US??
But there's a right to speech . . . c'mon it's the 21st century, the problem begins when he says sumn bout the contry itself or other people

Its like you dont know artistes are also mentors and whatever they say or sing about goes right to the heart of their fans. Truth is banning the songs and even the artistes is a step in the right direction to actually reduce the crime itself. If a young person in nigeria scams in his bedroom and he gets no words of encouragement in form of music from an artiste, chances are that he would leave what is doing. In a situation when he hears it as music, and we all know what music does to body and soul - the heart. Whether maga pay or e no pay, whether the artiste is involved in scam or not, the song acts as "words of encouragement to the person in question - scammer.

And i hate the way you go about ur american gangsta shit. Who cares about them? The world is more comfortable doing business with an american than a nigerian. We have our ilss and they have theirs. Theirs is not affecting them the way ours is affecting us.

Rights has limits my brother. If you talk anyhow, u see anyhow. ANd please when it comes to issues of image, dont compare us with yankee. They have all the ills and yet they are warmly embraced into the busniess world, the music world, sports world and the rest.

Lets face us. Lets face whats killing us and not another nation.

@tosin

u are a coward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by tosinadeda: 2:39am On Sep 27, 2008
java na ur papa i use am resemble grin
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by A40(m): 3:56am On Sep 27, 2008
I don't even have a problem with the fact that the song is a yahoo song because all countries have their vices and negative stereotypes my problem is the song is just WHACK
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 27, 2008
Poster, I agree
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by UNLEASHED(m): 11:02am On Sep 27, 2008
@ Poster
I agree with that but i think also that the more popular the songs, the more awareness it creates for the whites or whatya'll think?
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by javalove(m): 11:26am On Sep 27, 2008
@tosin

No comment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by tosinadeda: 1:47pm On Sep 27, 2008
UNLEASHED:

@ Poster
I agree with that but i think also that the more popular the songs, the more awareness it creates for the whites or whatya'll think?

yea but the more the awareness the more our name is soiled dnt u think?

javalove:

@tosin

No comment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ur father is the coward
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by chidipupay(m): 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2008
What i believe is dat is they don't like the way we behave with them, they should stop doing business with us. and let see who will suffer. They will suffer it, because they will not be able to exploit us again, mentally,materially,physically,financially. ect I agree that some songs needs to be banned
Re: Songs On Scamming Should Be Banned! by Okute1: 10:19pm On Sep 27, 2008
Hmmm, Lots of thinking going on in here sha!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Baba Ara And Yinka Ayefele? / Instrumental: Kuami Eugene - My Time (prod By Gentleboy) / I Need A Record Label To Sign Me Up Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.