Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,613 members, 7,917,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 07:25 PM

The Shame Of Nigeria1( A Fraud Of A Guy) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shame Of Nigeria1( A Fraud Of A Guy) (755 Views)

Privatisation Of PHCN A Fraud, Electricity Workers Tell Buhari / Picture: Electoral Fraud Of A Sitting Member Of Delta State House Of Assembly / The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Shame Of Nigeria1( A Fraud Of A Guy) by DRANOEL(m): 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2008
nigeria1,a comical character on nairaland goes about with pictures trying to butress a point that the south is more populated than the north or the west more poupulated than the east,ordinarily i don't pay attention to his pictures,but i decided to give the comic character the benefit of doubt and the revelation was staggering!,for instance in his comparison of loboru,ibadan,kano,kaduna,zaria,maiduguri,hadeija he used the following elevations:

loboru 12m

ibadan 211m

kano 440m

kaduna 625m

zaria  634m

maiduguri 310m

hadeija  358m

in comparing benin and hadeija,he used the following elevations:

benin 82m

hadeija 357m
[/b]the higher the elevation,the smaller the picture(population),the lower the elevation the bigger the picture(population),in other words he uses higher elevation for northern populations and lower for southern populations. the arguement between northern population and southern population will linger on but if we must let us atleast use facts without manipulation to suit our purposes

[b]NOTE
all these elevations can be checked on the lower right corner of the pics he posted himself
Re: The Shame Of Nigeria1( A Fraud Of A Guy) by SeanT21(f): 2:42pm On Sep 25, 2008
I do not understand him either. he Post those pics on every Topic.
Re: The Shame Of Nigeria1( A Fraud Of A Guy) by auwal87(m): 2:46pm On Sep 25, 2008
I tried it on Hadejia and Benin city, and it is correct, Benin city is far more populated than Hadeji.
Hadejia can be covered with the same elevation that only some portion of Benin city can be covered. You need to understand what he means before arguing with him, but for Hadejia and Benin city, it is correct.
Here is my result.

Re: The Shame Of Nigeria1( A Fraud Of A Guy) by DRANOEL(m): 2:50pm On Sep 25, 2008
from those two maps you posted the elevation of benin is 82m and that of hadeija is 357m (that shouldnt be that difficult for you to figure out considering you can actually see the road network in the benin picture
Re: The Shame Of Nigeria1( A Fraud Of A Guy) by DRANOEL(m): 2:56pm On Sep 25, 2008
you can actually go to google and zoom these pictures depending on how the arguement suits you
Re: The Shame Of Nigeria1( A Fraud Of A Guy) by 1luvkipsus: 3:03pm On Sep 25, 2008
Why did I even open this thread sef?
Re: The Shame Of Nigeria1( A Fraud Of A Guy) by tpia: 3:10pm On Sep 25, 2008

(1) (Reply)

What If The Independence Hadn’t Been 1960? / Do You Knowyour Right? / Ayo Fayose Again 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.