Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,158 members, 7,907,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:23 AM

The Rosary Prayer - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rosary Prayer (2132 Views)

Why Do Protestants Use The Rosary? / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Rosary No More!! Why I Stopped Praying The Rosary!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rosary Prayer by idupaul: 10:28pm On Sep 25, 2008
no. why?

u de try for xtian history, would av been lovely if u were catholic.
Re: The Rosary Prayer by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 25, 2008
imhotep:

The use of the rosary is advocated by the Pope(s) who approved the same bible.

maybe you're not getting the question again . . . [size=28pt]where is the use of the rosary advocated in your bible?[/size]

Jesus Christ, the jewish prophets, the disciples and the early christians didnt need the approval of a pope to pen those words . . .
Re: The Rosary Prayer by Lady2(f): 10:28pm On Sep 25, 2008
Colossians 4:16 And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.

- Colossians was used to preach in the church

Which Church? Was it read in antioch? Was it read in Rome? I mean this is scripture right so, was it read by everyone?
Was it read in Ephesians? Where is the epistle from Laodicea that was to be read?

And um if they were getting the epistle that means that they were already a church, what was used by them before they became a church? What Bible?

Luke 4:16And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

17And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

20And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

21And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

- Christ taught from the book of Isaiah in the Synagogues

Um but Luke was not available at that time, why are you using Luke now? It wasn't written, it was scripture, how come it's scripture now?

IduPaul . . . what was your point?

Point is that the Sola Scriptura is not even the Bible. The Scripture you are quoting is talking of a past of its time. If we are able to read of it in the scripture it was not used at the time they became a church. Colossians already were a church, what Bible was used to get them to be a church?

I don't think you understand the question - here it is again - where is the use of the rosary advocated in the bible?

Dude seriously you do know that the rosary is scripture right? If you are advocating against it, you are advocating against the life of christ, including his birth, his resurrection, his death, his preaching, his baptism, and so on.

Check out the gospel, that is the rosary.

It was not written by your bishops. It is not your document but the torah of the jews and the carefully preserved letters and epistles of the disciples, jewish prophets and early christians. You can always commission your own bishops to write ur own epistles . . . put the rosary there if You want.

Actually it was written by our Bishops, I'm sure you remember Peter the Pope who is also the Bishop of Rome? Yeah tey were bishops alright. And well if they weren't Bishiops then Paul would have been wrong in speaking of Bishops.

The rosary is already in it, it is called the Gospel.
You know what show me where in the rosary it is not in the scripture. Because last time I checked the gospels are in the scripture.
Re: The Rosary Prayer by Lady2(f): 10:32pm On Sep 25, 2008
Re-read the two verses you quoted, where in them did it talk of the 24 elders offering up your prayers? Maybe i'm blind but please kindly mark it in bold so i can read it again. And just in case you come back misquoting Rev 5:8 . . . please make sure you duly understand what was there

You are indeed blind: Revelations 5:8 When he tok it, he four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each of the elders held a harp and gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayer of the holy ones

what were the bowls filled with again? oh yeah that's right incense that are the prayers of the holy ones.

You know what I have to go to a meeting. I will be back.

That is Satan in disguise period.
The dead have appeared to the living only 2ce in the bible . . .
1. Saul and the witch of Endor
2. the transfiguration

And I will repeat:

Well your birth is not recorded in the Bible, so I guess by your reasoning you didn't occur either. St. John in the gospel already said that there are many things that Jesus did and said that were not recorded in the Bible, so I guess we know that everything is not in the Bible.

Does everything have to be recorded in the Bible for it to be true?

But idupaul called it a doctrine and we know it is sacred catholic tradition . . . didnt st mary tell st dominic?

I see you're going to stick to your lie.
Idupaul did not call it a Catholic doctrine, he did not say that the rosary is a catholic doctrine, you assumed he was talking aout the rosary, but you know very well that you have no respect for the Catholic Church, so there is a general concensus that you have no respect for the Catholic doctrine.

I tell ya you remind me of Sarah Palin, when a question is asked of her, she gives the same rehearsed answer. You have not answered one question.

lying wont help you in this case.

Oh you and I know full well that you hold it in your belief that the Old Testament is null and void, you have had arguments on this board to prove that the Old Testament was done away with, you even went so far as to say that the Sabbath law had been nullified.
Hun everybody knows you're trademark. This is you: You hate Catholics, you do not consider Catholics christians, you think the Old Testament is done away with, you think the name of God was never revealed in the Old Testament, you don't know what christian virtues are, you are the self-appointed pastor of nairaland (Pastor 419), there's so much more here, does any of them ring a bell to you? or do i need to hit the search button for your posts on the Old Testament?

I don't know everything about christianity, perhaps that's why i can't find the use of rosaries or the veneration of Mary in my bible. should in case you find it please show me so i may learn at your feet o learned one.

Wow, are you sure you don't know anything about christianity? You seem to be perfect in it, that's why ou've never been wrong o, you didn't know, you are the one that put the Bible together na, so you're the one that knows how it's supposed to be interpreted abi. You didn't know you knew everything about Christianity? na today?
As for the rosaries, please abeg tell me where christmas is, or easter or tell me where it says that the rosary cannot be used to keep count when praying?
As for the veneration of Mary? The angel did it best when he said "Hail, full of grace" that is the best veneration of Mary, then it was followed by Elizabeth.

uh oh . . . i thot it was st mary's appearance to st dominic, how foolish of me.

Finally you realise your foolishness.

where have the dead appeared to the living in your bible?

Hahaha you're so funny, you just like to shoot yourself in the foot don't you?
Isn't it you that said this:
The dead have appeared to the living only 2ce in the bible . . .
1. Saul and the witch of Endor
2. the transfiguration.

I gave you already answered yourself.

Afraid others are seeing through ur tissue of heresy? please help us here, no point going the muslim route of "i suggest you research".

You can research anti-catholic websites but you can't research catholic websites? those who can go to evil places but can't go to good places, i believe the name for them is demon?

the rosary is a prayer, no we only use it to count prayer, it is a doctrine, it is a form of prayer . . . which is it? and where is this in the bible?

Where is your prayer in the Bible?

No one said that at all, its ur usual style of lying to avoid the issue. Prayer is a form of communication with God . . . the way i pray is not the same way Paul prayed and all are answered by God. Heard the publican's prayer in the bible? Heard the prayer of the thief on the cross? Are they the same with the Lord's prayer? But all 3 were answered no?

So sorry your attempt to lie here wont wash. We didnt ask you that only 30 prayers shld be said, we simply ask - where is the use of the rosary advocated in your bible?

Are you even sure your not confusing yourself, which one are you against? the rosary prayer or prayer in general? if you say the prayer the prayer that you use is not the same way paul prayed then why does my prayer have to be the same as yours?

Maybe you missed it but the rosary prayer includes the Lord's prayer, now are you going to tell me that too is wrong. Oga trying to find the rosary prayer wrong in the Bible is finding the scripture wrong, because the rosary is a mediation on the gospel. So you better find a way to come to terms with that if you're going to be screaming Bible.

You still haven't answered my questions. Answer them.

Who prays Ps 23? did anyone bring that up here? Are you mistakenly reading another forum?

Answer the question and stop dodging.
Hun I was a protestant before I became a Catholic, if there is a prayer that everyone knew other than the Lord's prayer it was psalm 23 "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want, " now finish it. You know very well that yo've learned it, and have recited it many many times, now tell me are you doing something wrong?

Ps 1 asks us to meditate IN THE SCRIPTURES.

Ok so why aren't you meditating on the rosary prayers?

here is the question again, perchance you all missed it - where is the use of the rosary advocated in your bible?

Where is the use of ps 23 or ps 1 advocated in the Bible?

And funny enough the only prayer that works all the time, money back guarantee

You know, David needs it.

You de try for Christian history, would av been lovely if You were catholic.

For one to be Catholic one has to be open to reason and learning and listening, David is lost in those areas. Don't you know, he knows everything, including that there are no longer 10 commandments but 9. Yup that's right according to David the Sabbath commadment is no longer applicable, why? because Jesus was talking to the Jews and not the gentiles. that is so laughable
I tell you this man lacks reasoning.

Oh yeah he also thinks the christian virtues don't exist and that the apostles didn't teach them. ahahahahaha, i get entertained by him all the time. sometimes i come here just to pull his leg and get entertainment, what can i say, i get bored and he's easy bait.

Jesus Christ, the jewish prophets, the disciples and the early christians didnt need the approval of a pope to pen those words . . .

oo um just want to point out, Jesus Christ didn't pen down any words, and um well the papacy wasn't established in the Old Testament, so that rules out the jewish prophets, the disciples well they were governed by peter the pope.

1 Like

Re: The Rosary Prayer by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 25, 2008
idupaul:

You de try for Christian history, would av been lovely if You were catholic.

and pray with rosaries and talk to the dead? no thanks. Christ didnt do neither will i.

~Lady~:

Which Church? Was it read in antioch? Was it read in Rome? I mean this is scripture right so, was it read by everyone?
Was it read in Ephesians? Where is the epistle from Laodicea that was to be read?

Empty drivel really meant to sidestep the main question. You might as well ask if they ever saw the book of Isaiah or read the laws of Moses.

~Lady~:

Um but Luke was not available at that time, why are you using Luke now? It wasn't written, it was scripture, how come it's scripture now?

It wasnt luke they were reading . . . but Isaiah.

~Lady~:

Dude seriously you do know that the rosary is scripture right? If you are advocating against it, you are advocating against the life of christ, including his birth, his resurrection, his death, his preaching, his baptism, and so on.

Check out the gospel, that is the rosary.

[size=28pt]Where is it in the bible?[/size]

~Lady~:

Actually it was written by our Bishops, I'm sure you remember Peter the Pope who is also the Bishop of Rome? Yeah tey were bishops alright. And well if they weren't Bishiops then Paul would have been wrong in speaking of Bishops.

Peter was the apostle to the Jews not to the gentiles so he could not have been bishop of Rome. Read the bible, it is clearly stated!

~Lady~:

The rosary is already in it, it is called the Gospel.
You know what show me where in the rosary it is not in the scripture. Because last time I checked the gospels are in the scripture.

[size=28pt]Where is it in the bible?[/size]
Re: The Rosary Prayer by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 25, 2008
~Lady~:

Actually it was written by our Bishops, [size=28pt]I'm sure you remember Peter the Pope who is also the Bishop of Rome?[/size] Yeah tey were bishops alright. And well if they weren't Bishiops then Paul would have been wrong in speaking of Bishops.

That reminds me of another baseless catholic tradition. Galatians 2: 7But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

8(For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentilessmiley

We see here clearly that Paul is stating that he was sent with the gospel to the gentiles and Peter to the circumcision (the jews). Romans were gentiles.

How could Peter have been Bishop of Rome (Paul's superior) and NOT ONCE did Paul ever reference him in ALL the his letters from Rome? How could Peter have been Bishop of Rome when Paul himself was a prisoner of Rome? shocked
Re: The Rosary Prayer by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 25, 2008
~Lady~:

Point is that the Sola Scriptura is not even the Bible. The Scripture you are quoting is talking of a past of its time. If we are able to read of it in the scripture it was not used at the time they became a church. Colossians already were a church, what Bible was used to get them to be a church?

the thief on the cross never even bothered about salvation until a few minutes to his death . . . Yet he found Christ and made heaven.
Salvation is of the heart . . . it is not the volume of "sacred tradition" you practice or the number of bible verses you know. 2 timothy tells us something important . . . the bible is for our guide, our reproof, our examples . . . it is not a ticket to heaven.

When you ask . . . what bible was used to get them to church . . . i shake my head in wonder. Did Christ need the book of the prophets to convince Peter, James and John?

As is ur style, you try hard to change the subject to avoid what you feel uncomfortable discussion . . . here are the two questions now -

[size=28pt]where is the use of the rosary advocated in your bible?

Was Peter the bishop of rome?[/size]

IduPaul pls feel free to give me an answer too . . . surely you cant just be going to the church and know nothing of what you've been taught. Imhotep?
Re: The Rosary Prayer by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:20pm On Sep 25, 2008
@all
Cool cool temper , Easy abeg@david
How body, to answer your question honestly there is no where in the bible where it was stated to pray the rosary. But does it make it wrong? There are other things done in the church today that are not in the bible, I don't know if you practice it, like christmas for instance. Do you believe in ghosts?
Just a thought oh make una carry on
Re: The Rosary Prayer by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 25, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@all
Cool cool temper , Easy abeg@david
How body, to answer your question honestly there is no where in the bible where it was stated to pray the rosary. But does it make it wrong? There are other things done in the church today that are not in the bible, I don't know if you practice it, like christmas for instance. Do you believe in ghosts?

I'm not losing my cool, i just use large fonts so those who like to run rings around issues they dont understand wont get away with changing the topic. The questions are very simple yes or no issues. nothing difficult.
The minute we begin to rationalise "oh it isnt in the bible but it isnt so wrong afterall" is the day we start losing the essence of our faith. the bible explicitly tells us it was written for our examples . . . why then do we practice those things that we were not taught?

Christmas is not in the bible correct but it is not a cornerstone of faith either. It is simply a day set aside for everyone to remember the birth of Christ. The truth is a genuine believer is meant to remember this birth DAILY not just on Dec 25. Some of us even forget to kill chicken or celebrate that day, it wont condemn us to hell. Christ is not bothered by our rituals, it is whether our heart is right with Him that matters.
Re: The Rosary Prayer by Lady2(f): 2:39am On Sep 26, 2008
and pray with rosaries and talk to the dead? no thanks. Christ didnt do neither will i.

Well Jesus preached the gospel so um actually he didn't really have to pray the rosary cause he was preaching it.
And um what if I were to show you that Jesus did talk to the dead, would you do so too?

Empty drivel really meant to sidestep the main question. You might as well ask if they ever saw the book of Isaiah or read the laws of Moses.

So are you saying that colossians isn't scripture that it was now Moses and Isaiah that were used. I minute ago you showed colossians being used and here you're changing it?

I mean answer the question?

Was colossians used in antioch, rome, ephesus, phillipi, thessalonia or what? and before the epistle was written what was used? to preach the gospel? the gospel wasn't preached in the Old Testament, it spoke of the gospel to come, but we don't see the baptism of Jesus in it and the sayings of Jesus in it, so how did these churches know the sayings of Jesus before the gospel and the epistles were written?

It wasnt luke they were reading . . . but Isaiah.

But you were quoting Luke and that is scripture, if the event was being talked about, then that means that the scripture you quoted wasn't used then, so how did they know that those things happened? don't forget Luke was not one of the twelve.

Where is it in the bible?

The Gospel of Matthew, the Gospel or Mark, the Gospel of Luke, the Gospel of John oh yes and revelations.

Peter was the apostle to the Jews not to the gentiles so he could not have been bishop of Rome. Read the bible, it is clearly stated!

Um, well here's what Peter said. Acts of the Apostles 15: 7 "
7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter, rising up, said to them: Men, brethren, you know, that in former days God made choice among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel, and believe"

I believe it was a gentile that had already converted that went to Paul. I see you like red so I chose it just for you, hope you enjoy.

Also don't forget that the Keys to the Kingdom of heaven was given by Jesus to no one but Peter, he alone were the Keys to the Kingdom of heaven given:

Matthew 16:17-20
17 And Jesus answering, said to him: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father who is in heaven.
18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.
20 Then he commanded his disciples, that they should tell no one that he was Jesus the Christ

Yeah, Peter was the only one that received the keys to the kingdom of heaven, and up until that point his name was Simon son of Jonah, when Jesus gave him the name Peter meaning rock, he meant rock, and upon that rock he would build his church.
Jesus wasn't playing so why are you?

That reminds me of another baseless catholic tradition. Galatians 2: 7But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

See above.

8(For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentilessmiley

We see here clearly that Paul is stating that he was sent with the gospel to the gentiles and Peter to the circumcision (the jews). Romans were gentiles.

So what's your explanation for the other verse. Did Peter have slip of the tongue, did he mean the jews instead of the gentiles?

How could Peter have been Bishop of Rome (Paul's superior) and NOT ONCE did Paul ever reference him in ALL the his letters from Rome? How could Peter have been Bishop of Rome when Paul himself was a prisoner of Rome?

Maybe you need to be schooled on how Peter ended up being the Bishop of Rome. He was not always in Rome but he moved there and that was where he became headquartered, infact it was there he was crucified upside down and it is on his burial site that the Vatican sits.

Paul did reference Peter, you might want to check your Bible again, and um you do know that even though Peter was a Bishop of Rome he didn't have Roman authority, which meant that his authority was with the church and the church alone, and well we know that the church was highly executed. Paul was also killed in Rome. Do you think a Bishop has the power to get people out of jail? Is that why you're surprised? Paul was a prisoner of a lot of places hun.
Did Jesus give them wordly authority or spiritual authority.
When you stop thinking in a wordly way, you will start understanding the Bible.

the thief on the cross never even bothered about salvation until a few minutes to his death . . . Yet he found Christ and made heaven.

ah thank you for reminding me, which Bible did he use?
Se it must be found in the Bible for it to be true eh, which one did this thief use na?

Salvation is of the heart . . . it is not the volume of "sacred tradition" you practice or the number of bible verses you know. 2 timothy tells us something important . . . the bible is for our guide, our reproof, our examples . . . it is not a ticket to heaven.

Ahn ahn so you can actually reason, so why are you still going by Bible alone, quoting left and right and requiring scripture? If it is not your ticket to heaven.
My dear, the Bible is sacred tradition. It was the message that was passed down and that makes up the Bible, and St. Paul did say that we should hang on to the things taught us:

1 Timothy 6:20
O Timothy, guard that which has been entrusted to you. Avoid profane babbling and the absurdities of so-called knowledge.
21 By professing it some people have deviated from the faith.

Do you know what the Church has done? We have guarded that which has been entrusted to us. That is why yu and your so-called knowledge will never understand.

I believe a pious thing that the early church did was pay attention to the teaching of the apostle, at that time they weren't preaching out of a book, they were handing things down and telling people the words of Jesus that were not yet written in the book, so no one could say "show me where it is in the Bible"
Here's their piety:
Acts of the apostles 2:42
42 And they were persevering in the doctrine of the apostles, and in the communication of the breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Yeah it wasn't solely by scripture.

When you ask . . . what bible was used to get them to church . . . i shake my head in wonder. Did Christ need the book of the prophets to convince Peter, James and John?

But you're the one saying show me scripture, show me scripture, since sacred tradition is nothing abi, so show me what it is the early christians used, abi didn't they go by scripture alone.

You're the one that's saying if it is not in te Bible you won't believe, so why are you finding it hard to answer the question. Oya the tables have turned, DAVIDYLAN [size=13pt]SHOW ME SCRIPTURE[/size]

As is ur style, you try hard to change the subject to avoid what you feel uncomfortable discussion . . . here are the two questions now -

You don fear? you fear say you no get answer? see fear o? David you no fit answer question? Since I am the one that doesn't want to stay on topic, and since you're the one that wants to stay on topic, and you're the one that is comfortable with the discussion, why don't you comfortably answer the question? lead by answering the questions?

where is the use of the rosary advocated in your bible?

read the verses on prayer and you will see it.

Was Peter the bishop of rome?

he wasn't only the bishop of rome, he was the one that received the keys to the kingdom of heaven, the only one. Jesus himself entrusted it to him. Can you prove that Jesus didn't give him the keys to the kingdom of heaven?

The New Testament was not used by Jesus, or the apostles, there wasno such thing as the New Testament, the letters were not written to be scripture, they were declared so by the Church, those were the ones that were compatible with the teaching of the Church, the ones that were not in line with what was taught by the apostles were not included and yet David wants to have a show down on it, he should go and get his own abeg.
He lives and swears by the New Testament, he should show me where it says by scripture alone. And then he should show me which scripture it is that Jesus used and the early churched used to preach the gospel of Christ. He shouldn't use the one declared scripture by the Church he should go and look for the one that was used then, this one that is used today talks about the actions of the church, how did the church know how to act if they didn't have the scripture?
David needs to answer that question, so no I am not taking it easy on him.

Notice how he became humble. Only when he can't answer questions, he ccools down, person don pour ice water for e back, he knows what's up now.
Re: The Rosary Prayer by Maykelly(f): 10:24am On Sep 26, 2008
The Rosary Prayer

The Rosary Prayer: This prayer simply put; is reciting what the Angel of thy MOST HIGH GOD said to our Blessed Mummy, Mother and a beloved Sister.

This act is another way of honouring God's Word and also Showing that the birth of our LORD JESUS CHRIST is Immaculate.

Holy Rosary:
Holy Mother, Hail Mary full of Grace.

God cannot never dwell in an unholy place, Hence Mother(Mummy) is Holy.

If we hounour and shout praise for the Mummy(wives of Pastors, Rev. etc) then we should not forget the origin of Motherhood (Mother Mary, the Vrigin mary, the one through which Christ was born (divine birth).  We should also follow her foot steps (for women) 

In my own point of view and understanding, rosary is a means of honouring Mother Mary but never worshipping, and most people direct their prayers through her to Intercede for them through his Son JESUS CHRIST

Their Believe:
They Believe that through Mother Mary, as a mother is so dear to the Son; that they will obtain a quick answer for their prayer:

" Pls do not crucify them"
Re: The Rosary Prayer by Lady2(f): 6:35pm On Sep 26, 2008
Lol, May did you decide to post this in every thread talking about Catolicism?

Thank you though. I appreciate the effort.

I have to come back and post the rest of the Mysteries for those who wish to think about the message of the Gospel and apply it to their lives.
Re: The Rosary Prayer by chase4(m): 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2008
Why do you guys keep saying you own the Bible ? What IGNORANCE !!!
Re: The Rosary Prayer by Lady2(f): 6:10am On Sep 28, 2008
Why do you guys keep saying you own the Bible ? What IGNORANCE !!!

First of all we do not own the Bible.
Secondly we are the proper interpreters of it, after all we did put it together based on the knowledge from the apostles. Those that went against the teachings handed down to us were not included.
Third, who put it together? You?
Fourth, the Bible is the Bible based on the authority given to the Church. If we didn't choose the books, it won't be what it is today. Call it whatever you want, but it is what it is.

Or did God come down and write on the papers himself, and bind it into a book, and put it in order?
Re: The Rosary Prayer by pilgrim1(f): 7:55am On Sep 28, 2008
~Lady~:

Secondly we are the proper interpreters of it, after all we did put it together based on the knowledge from the apostles. Those that went against the teachings handed down to us were not included.

~ None of the apostles made graven images of Mary;
              ~ none of them bowed down to graven images;
              ~ none of them prayed to graven images;
              ~ none of them referred to Mary as the Saviour of the people of Rome.

Where do we find that any one of the apostles did any one of the above from the Bible that you put together?
Re: The Rosary Prayer by davidylan4(m): 5:19pm On Sep 28, 2008
I think i will go buy myself a copy of the dead sea scrolls, its only $70. I'm tired of being told the bible belongs to catholics only. Its just a shame they dont even read it.
Re: The Rosary Prayer by Gamine(f): 7:34pm On Sep 28, 2008
As a Catholic i didnt even pray d rosary

We were like?

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Jesus Had Not Come Down On Earth / All Christians Will Not Be Rich! Fact / Things You Must Know About Destiny Killers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.