Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,698 members, 7,889,218 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:44 AM

What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? (71950 Views)

A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / Longest Flyover In West Africa Nearing Completion By Kano State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by shotster50(m): 8:54pm On Oct 18, 2008
I'd say Abuja first because I am a patriotic Nigerian and Accra second because of the atmosphere.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by blackspade(m): 5:16am On Oct 23, 2008
Honestly, I don't think Abuja should even be in the same category as other West African cities, no offense, but Abuja has set the bar, and other cities can't compete as of today.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by landis(m): 7:45am On Oct 23, 2008
what makes a best city?

without criteria, this is just fantasy and not factual.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by MCUsman(m): 10:58am On Oct 23, 2008
Abuja : If you want luxury

Accra : Good beaches nice environment

Lome: Fantastic beach scenario, cheap and easy to explore whining the shortest period

Monrovia: Lots of beautiful girls at amazing affordable prize.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by shilling(f): 1:18pm On Oct 24, 2008
blackspade:

Honestly, I don't think Abuja should even be in the same category as other West African cities, no offense, but Abuja has set the bar, and other cities can't compete as of today.

Exactly!
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by allboyz(m): 10:31pm On Oct 24, 2008
hmmm
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by SeanT21(f): 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2008
Its Monrovia People!!!

Liberia Rise up.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by sage(m): 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2008
Aba grin grin

Enyimba City. One in town
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by londoner: 4:24pm On Dec 22, 2008
Abuja is a great city, providing you are in a good area. I met people who live there from Abidjan, Abuja is apparently far cleaner and safer than Abidjan of today.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 31, 2008
Abuja first of course, not being overly patriotic, just telling the truth. Abuja's advantage is that the city is spared a long history, so such matters as over-crowding, traffic congestion, projected electricity power consumption etc., have been designed into the master plan. When Abuja is completely built, even cities like Cape Town and Johannesburg will have a tough time competing.

For second place, I will pick Accra because of what I have seen and heard about living in that city. Obviously, one's impressions of a city can differ greatly if one visits for say, just a week, or if one lives there day in and day out, making a living, raising a family etc. 10 years ago, I might have picked Abidjan for second place.

Third place will probably go to Dakar or Banjul, not sure which I would pick. But Banjul would stand a better chance in my rankings, because the city speaks English and is extremely welcoming to foreigners. And of course, is blessed with extreme natural beauty.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by chyk91(m): 4:30am On Jan 01, 2009
abuja has to be the best city, good roads, light, no traffic, nice buildings. it has to be abuja.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by noblegas2(m): 9:20pm On Jul 23, 2009
Ndipe:

Abidjan was undoubtedly the best place in West Africa, in terms of infrastructure, beauty. While browsing on its pictures, I reluctantly, or should I say, refused to believe that the place was nicer than Lagos. Chalk it up to Nigerian loyalty in me. I'd like to think that France had a hand in transforming the country, economically. But with tension and instability that has rocked the city, not so long ago, can it really live upto its reputation as Africa's best city to live in?

The city in my opinion that has remained relatively peaceful is Dakar. I have never been there, but I heard it is a beautiful place.

PS: You don visit Cocody, a suburb of Abidjan?

Yu right ur!, definately its Dakar, & wenever u av time, u shuld visit d Beach @ Yoff, or better still Visit d main Transhipment Point wer d Final Activity of Slave Trade are being carried out & wich is GOREE ISLAND, its just abt 2000cfa franc from Dakar to Goree Island + U can also Visit d Underground Station in dakar & trust me, its just like Piccadily, lol
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by sley4life(m): 4:31am On Jul 24, 2009
Accra 24 hrs light
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by sley4life(m): 4:31am On Jul 24, 2009
But in terms of beauty and social event, Lagos & Abuja
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by EzeCanada: 3:05am On Oct 20, 2011
Hey guys check out detailed images of Abidjan in the link below. Lived in Abuja for 2 Years, also been to Accra, but never visited Abidjan, But from the pictures it seem more beautiful than Abuja and Accra.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1339622
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by safarigirl(f): 9:35pm On Nov 22, 2011
Calabar, Nigeria. Serene, beautiful environment. Less traffic, homely. Nothing beats that

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by sammyjay441: 1:01pm On Sep 07, 2012
lagos i guess take a look at lagos my city

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by sammyjay441: 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2012
lagos is the best
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Ndipe(m): 2:33am On Sep 25, 2013
From what I used to hear, Abidjan was the most cosmopolitan city in West Africa. Dunno about now.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by dasparrow: 6:15am On Sep 25, 2013
@Post

Abuja is no longer as beautiful as it used to be. Many of the buildings look rotten, traffic light is not working, dirty all over, too much traffic, overpopulated, lack of constant power supply and clean tap water. Can Abuja be compared to Windhoek or Cape coast?
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Ndipe(m): 1:52am On Sep 26, 2013
We are talking about cities in west africa.
dasparrow: @Post

Abuja is no longer as beautiful as it used to be. Many of the buildings look rotten, traffic light is not working, dirty all over, too much traffic, overpopulated, lack of constant power supply and clean tap water. Can Abuja be compared to Windhoek or Cape coast?
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by princeefosa1(m): 11:24am On Nov 28, 2014
With my exploits in west africa accra is no where to be found very dirty and congested,senegal still better than ghana.........ivory coast still remain firm talking from experince the war did not destroy much liberia is underdevelop,sierra leone still war torn......nigeria and ivory coast still remain a better country in terms on infrasture in africa........guinee bissau is also coming up soon gambia and cape verde look nice with good policy..........ask for more on west african country I have tore round

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by TheGeneral1(m): 11:43am On Jan 12, 2015
1. Accra

2. Abuja

3. Dakar

4. Abidjan
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Bifwoli: 3:13pm On Jan 12, 2015
Marvelous Abidjan comes 1st and Abuja is a distant second.
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 12, 2017
Rhodalyn:
na lie?? angry angry angry

Accra all the way LOL! cheesy Accra Accra Accra, the name IS even sexy LOL! grin Tema IS Cool too
sexy!!! name dat sounds like akara(baked beans) looooooool
Re: What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? by Jb10(m): 9:54am On Mar 16, 2017
Freetown..... naturally beautiful stress free, low crime rate you can feel like home, beautiful beaches and 24hrs lights and water,and mountains.. the city is situated in coastal place....low cost of living.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Guy Flaunts his N3million Emirates First Class airline seat (photos) / Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox / Nigerian Girl Living In Ireland Narrates Challenges Of Being Black Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.